The Alchemist's Redemption |...

By LytleLadibug

After the battle of Old Corona, Aquaria left her home in Corona. She has a hard time coping with the loss of... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Starting A New Journey

Chapter XXI

1.3K 25 33
By LytleLadibug

Aquaria woke up and the birds were chirping. She groaned and rolled over, falling off the bed.

"Gah!" She yelped, but quickly jumped to her feet.

"Princess, are you awake?" Faith called from the door.

"Yeah! I'm up!" Aquaria replied as she smoothed out her nightgown.

"Do you need help?" Faith asked and Aqua hummed.

"No thank you, Faith! I'm good this morning!" Aqua told her as she started to get dressed.

She brushed her hair before throwing it into a half french braid. She slipped on her boots and ran out of her room, nearly running into her dad.

"Aquaria, sweetheart, what have I told you about wearing boots?" Frederic raised an eyebrow.

"It's not proper... but Rapunzel doesn't even wear any shoes. Leather boots are comfortable! And these ones have heels! Mom bought them for me!" Aquaria told her father who sighed.

"Fine, but only because I know you're going to the lab today," Fred said before he hugged her.

"Thanks, dad. I love you! I am gonna be here for breakfast though," Aqua said with a smile and Fred nodded.

"Then let's go eat." Frederic walked with his youngest daughter to go to the dining room for breakfast.

"Aquaria, please... you're my last hope..."

Aqua stiffened when she heard the voice again from the other day.

"Aquaria, are you alright?" Frederic asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thought I heard something, but it was nothing," Aqua brushed it off and they kept walking.

Who was that voice?

🧪

Varian was getting ready to ask Aqua out on a proper date. He wasn't nervous, well... he was a little nervous. He wanted to make this the best date since he hadn't really taken her out to a restaurant before.

"I don't see why you're nervous, Goggles. You're already dating. It's not like she's gonna say no," Eugene said as he walked up to the palace with Varian.

"I know, but I'm nervous that this date won't go perfectly. We've gone on dates before, but I've never taken her to a nice restaurant or anything like this. I want it to be perfect," Varian said as he held onto his sleeve gently.

"Just relax, kid. Squirt is gonna be happy no matter where you take her or what happens," Eugene said. "I know it's really cheesy  but she loves you too much to care if something goes wrong. I mean hey, she still loved you even after you told her that you hate her after you tried to kill her and her whole family. You also took over Corona and made her parents forget ev-"

"Yeah... you don't have to remind me..." Varian grumbled, but his heart fell. She shouldn't still be in love with him after all that. She should've wanted to cut him out of her life completely.

He could hear Aqua scolding him for having those thoughts and it made him smile a bit because he knew that he was lucky to have her. He still felt like he had to prove himself even though Aquaria kept telling him that he didn't need to.

"Hey, Varian! I was just about to come see you!" Aqua ran over and Varian smiled.

"I just ate lunch and I wanted to ask you a question," Varian said and Aqua hummed softly as Eugene left them to be alone.

"Fire away," Aqua replied as she looked at him with a smile.

"Would you like to go out to dinner with me at the Waterlily?" Varian asked and Aqua nodded quickly.

"I would love to, but are you sure you can afford that? I can pay if you-" Aqua started.

"No! I've saved up a lot of money for this, don't worry! This is for you!" Varian grabbed her hand and gently kissed her knuckles which made her blush.

"Alright. I look forward to it," Aqua said as she smiled at Varian and he pulled her into a hug.

"I love you, Aquaria," Varian murmured as he gently touched the necklace she was wearing. "Never forget that."

"I never will and I will always love you. I don't care if everyone says I'm too young to know what love truly means. I know that it means you complete me. Even if I can't see you, I know you're always going to be with me. I know that you make me so happy by just smiling." Aquaria smiled when his gloved hand caressed her cheek and she leaned into his touch.

"You make me feel the same way. I know that I'm a man of science, but I truly mean it when I say that this feeling is magical." Varian kissed her forehead gently.

"You are such a charmer," Aqua murmured with a light giggle and Varian smiled.

"I'll let you go get ready for dinner tonight, my princess," Varian said before he gently grabbed her hand, kissing her knuckles.

"Then I'll see you tonight, my alchemist," Aqua said as a light blush dusted her cheeks.

Varian pecked her lips before he left to back home so he could get ready.

💧

"How do I look, mom?" Aqua asked as she looked down at her dress.

"Aquaria, sweetheart, you look beautiful," Arianna said with a bright smile. "You always look beautiful."

"Thanks, mom. I love you," Aqua said as she hugged Arianna.

"I love you too, sweetie. Now go on. Varian should be here any minute," Ari replied as she hugged her back.

Aqua nodded and then ran off to go to the front door. She saw Varian waiting for her already and she smiled.

"Hey," Aqua said softly as she walked over and he turned to look at her.

"Wow- I-I mean, hey!" Varian blushed lightly, but his face brightened.

"Sorry if I kept you waiting," Aqua said before she kissed his cheek.

"No, I just got here a minute ago," Varian said as he gently took her hand in his with a smile.

"Are you ready to go?" Aqua asked as she laced her fingers with his.

"Ready as I'll ever be," Varian replied with a cheeky grin. "Come on. I don't know about you, but I'm starving."

Aquaria laughed lightly and nodded before she said, "I'm definitely starving too."

Varian led her out of the castle and they went into the city.

When they got to the restaurant, they were taken out to the back to be seated. They sat down at a table for two on the back patio that overlooked the ocean.

"You really didn't have to take me here, Var," Aqua said softly as she looked around and then back at Varian.

"Well, I've never taken you to a nice restaurant for a date so I thought that this would be special. Do you not like it? We can always leave," Varian replied, nervous that she wasn't having a good time.

"No, no, I love it. I don't want to leave. This is definitely very special. Trust me," Aqua told him as she held his hand from across the table. "This is wonderful, Varian. Thank you."

Varian relaxed a bit and smiled at her before the waiter came.

"Good evening. My name is Roger and I'll be serving you tonight. What can I get you both to drink on this lovely summer night?" The man asked with a kind smile.

"Um, just water, please," Aqua said and Varian nodded.

"I'll get the same, please and thank you," Varian said to which the waiter nodded.

"Alright then, two waters coming right up," Roger replied before leaving to get their drinks.

"So, what do you think you want to eat?" Varian asked Aqua curiously as he looked at her after looking at the menu board near them. "You can get whatever you'd like."

"Honestly, I really want to try their chicken pot pie," Aqua said while she smoothed out her dress and placed her napkin in her lap. "What about you?"

"That sounds really good, but I wanna get their lasagna," Varian responded before he felt a chill run down his spine.

"Varian..."

He swore that he heard his mother say his name. He glanced around himself quickly, but he saw nothing.

"Are you okay, Var?" Aqua asked with concern when she saw him acting strange.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just thought I heard someone say my name. That's all," he brushed it off with a smile as their waiter came back.

"Here are your refreshments. Do you both know what you would like to eat?" Roger asked politely after he set down their waters.

"Ladies first," Varian told Aqua as he tried to give a charming smile, but he looked like a dork.

"May I please get a serving of your chicken pot pie?" Aquaria asked with a smile before Roger looked to Varian.

"Yes you may, miss. And for you, sir?" Roger held his quill and pad to write down Varian's order.

"I would like to try your lasagna, please," Varian replied to which their waiter nodded.

"Wonderful! I will return with your food when it is ready," Roger informed them before he left to give their orders to the chef.

"So, um, how is your head feeling?" Varian asked gently and Aqua hummed.

"I don't have a bump anymore, but where I got hit is still sore," Aqua said and Varian hummed softly. "I'm okay though. We're both safe. That's all that matters to me."

"I was so worried about you when I was in that cage," Varian admitted.

"You were worried? My boyfriend was suspended hundreds of feet from the ground and Cass threatened to drop you if I did anything to get in her way," Aqua said, remembering how afraid she was that she would say the wrong thing and Cass would let the love of her life fall to his death.

"But I'm okay. I'm here, safe. We're both safe," Varian assured her with a smile as he gently rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand in a comforting manner.

"Yeah, you're right," Aqua said as she let out a soft breath as a smile pulled at her lips.

☀️

"We're only making sure they're okay! We're not gonna talk to them or interrupt them!" Rapunzel said Eugene as they walked up to the Waterlily.

"Got it. No interact- where are they?" Eugene asked as he looked through one of the front windows.

"They're in the back on the patio. Relax," Rapunzel told her boyfriend and they went around to the back of the restaurant.

The two peeked around the corner to see Aquaria and Varian eating dinner while laughing about something.

"Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Varian wear a suit before," Rapunzel whispered as she watched them.

"I thought Varian had like robot hands under his gloves. He never takes them off. Or his goggles," Eugene murmured and Rapunzel shook her head. "What are they talking about?"

"Be quiet and maybe we can hear them," Rapunzel told him in a hushed tone.

"Or the time when I turned into water when we were doing some tests and you thought you killed me," Aqua said as she laughed lightly.

"I thought both our dads were gonna kill me. I cried over your puddle for hours!" Varian chuckled lightly. "But remember the one time you snuck into my room and my dad heard us so you jumped out the window when he came in to check on me?"

"How could I forget it? Those were great times," Aqua said with a bright smile before she took another bite of her dinner.

"Aww, their reminiscing. That's so adorable!" Rapunzel quietly squealed and Eugene chuckled lightly.

"I remember when you first met my sister and she thought you were my boyfriend," Aqua mused and Varian laughed.

"I told Eugene that I had a crush on you that day," Varian admitted after swallowing a bite of his lasagna.

"Yeah, he told us that you gave it away after I came back from our camping trip where you asked me out," Aqua recalled.

"He was the one who told me that I should ask you out during the Empyrean Shower," Varian said with a smile.

"I think you told me that because you said that you were gonna kiss me after the Science Exposition, but Pete interrupted," Aqua remembered as she gave a light laugh.

"Yeah," Varian confirmed as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "I still feel really bad for ditching you."

"It's fine. It all worked out in the end," Aqua said before she kept eating.

Rapunzel smiled brightly at them and backed up behind the wall.

"They are so cute!" She gushed and Eugene chuckled.

"We should probably leave them to be alone, Blondie. They're fine on their own," Eugene said to which Rapunzel frowned.

"But what if something happens?" She glanced back at the two.

"Sunshine, they are fine. I know you wanna keep listening, but we should let them have some privacy," Eugene told her.

"But they're in public," Rapunzel pointed out.

"You know what I mean. They wouldn't want us spying on them. We checked to make sure they're okay so let's go," Eugene said and Rapunzel huffed.

"Okay... I guess you're right," Rapunzel gave in and Eugene led her away.

"Come on. Pascal is waiting for us, well, waiting for you back at the castle," Eugene said as they walked back home.

💧

Aquaria was walking out of the restaurant with Varian, a huge smile gracing her face.

"So, was this a good night?" Varian asked softly as he walked Aqua home.

"It was perfect, Varian. Thank you so much," she replied and pecked his cheek. "This has been the best night I've had in a while."

"I'm glad. I love you so much, Aqua," Varian said with a smile.

"I love you too, Varian," Aqua said as they went back to the palace.

When they got to the palace, Varian stopped at the door.

"Goodnight, Aqua," Varian murmured before he gently kissed her lips.

Aqua smiled as she kissed him back softly. She carefully wrapped her arms around his neck and he snaked his arms around her waist.

Varian held her close, the kiss deepening a little. He pulled back after a moment, his lungs burning for air.

Aqua breathed deeply and she looked into his eyes, but before she could kiss him once more, Pete opened the front door.

"Princess, I-oh, I'm interrupting, aren't I?" Pete rubbed his neck in embarrassment.

Aqua sighed, but looked at the guard. "You're okay, Pete. Goodnight, Varian. I'll see you tomorrow. Love you."

"I love you too, Aqua," Varian said before she pecked his lips and then went inside, leaving him with a huge happy grin on his face.

He walked away from the palace in a wonderful mood. When he got back home, he smiled at his dad.

"So, how did it go, son?" Quirin asked with a small smile.

"It was awesome! Everything was perfect!" Varian cheered making Quirin chuckle lightly.

"I'm glad you had a good night. Now go on and get some rest," Quirin told his son and watched Varian bounce up to his room.

Quirin sighed softly with a smile and looked at the picture on the wall.

"You always knew they would be together forever. I wish you never found that book... you would still be here in my arms..." Quirin gently touched the painted image of his wife.

🧪

Varian crawled into bed with Ruddiger once he was ready and he sighed softly.

He remembered the voice he heard during dinner. He swore that it was his mother, but he knew that it was impossible. She was dead. His father told him that she was killed by some bandits in Corona.

He hummed softly and shook off the thought.

"Night, buddy," Varian murmured to Ruddiger who was already fast asleep.

Varian closed his eyes and let the dreamfilled sleep take over his body.

🌟

"Come on, Varian! It's time for bed, sweetheart," Rosamund said as she sat on her son's bed.

Little Varian ran up and struggled to climb up onto his bed so Rose helped him up.

"Story, momma! I wanna hear a story!" Varian begged and Rose hummed softly.

"Hmm, how about the story of the Ever Realm?" Rosamund asked curiously and Varian nodded quickly. "Well, once upon a time, there was a woman named Emilia and she came from a beautiful land called Maru. She was the princess of the great Maruvian people."

"Maru? I've never heard of Maru?" Varian said with confusion.

"That's because Maru was in the Ever Realm. They were magical people and they settled down in the Kingdom of Eden, but before they came to our realm, they had left their home behind. The people of Maru were killed by a special jewel, but the people who were out of the kingdom came to our realm and that included princess Emilia. Many say that to get to the Ever Realm you have to find the book that the Maruvians brought. It will give you the directions to get to the Ever Realm," Rose said softly as she tucked Varian into his bed.

"So where is the book? Can I go to the Ever Realm?" Varian asked excitedly.

"No one knows where the book is, but the Maruvians told stories of their beautiful land. They say that the Ever Realm is full of majestic animals like unicorns and jaquins," Rosamund told her son.

"What's a jaquin?" Varian looked confused.

"I've never seen one, but they aresaid to be majestic creatures. They are said to be jaguars with beautiful wings," Rose said with a smile. "But they also say that the Ever Realm is full of magic."

"Magic isn't real, momma. You know that," Varian said with a frown and Rosamund laughed lightly.

"That's why it's just a story, sweetie," she said before she kissed his head. "Now, get some sleep. Tomorrow is a big day."

"Yeah! I get to see Aqua again!" Varian cheered.

"You won't get to see her if you don't go to sleep," Rose said and he quickly curled up on his side, clenching his eyes shut.

Rosamund laughed and walked towards the door.

"Goodnight, my little alchemist," Rose said softly.

"Night, momma," Varian murmured before sleep washed over his little body.

🧪

"Hey, Aquaria!" Varian ran up to his girlfriend with a bright smile.

"Hey, Var! What's up?" Aqua looked at him and hugged him tight.

"I had a dream last night, well, it was more of a memory because I know it happened. So anyway, the night before your sixth birthday, my mom told me a story. She was telling me about this place called the Ever Realm. Have you ever heard about it?" Varian asked curiously.

"Yeah, it's just a children's tale. The Maruvians never existed. It was always the kingdom of Eden, but no one goes there anymore. Ever since the royal family were killed and the new tyrant took over. Why?" Aqua raised an eyebrow and Varian hummed.

"I don't know, I just... I thought it was a nice memory of my mom and I wondered if you had heard about it," Varian replied with a smile. "Obviously it's not real. Unicorns are just fairytale creatures and magic... well, I don't believe in magic, but here you are."

"Yeah." Aqua nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Varian! Aquaria!" Rapunzel ran towards them with Eugene trailing behind her.

"Hey, sis!" Aqua waved with a smile.

Rapunzel stopped and breathed. "We have a problem."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 1K 51
A Cassarian Story Varian always knew that he cared for Cassandra. But he didn't realize how much until she was gone. Six long years after Cassandra l...
1.4K 66 11
(NOTE: COMPLETED. This is a "Frozen/Tangled" crossover. It was written BEFORE "Tangled: The Series" was released.) A terrible illness begins to...
120K 3.6K 72
"𝑾𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’† 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’ π’˜π’“π’Šπ’•π’† 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆." Everyone knew of Rapunzel. The golden-hair...
893 18 6
{My Dear Ariadne} " π‘»π’‰π’†π’š 𝒍𝒆𝒇𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒖𝒑𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒆, π’”π’π’†π’†π’‘π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’šπ’π’– π’‚π’˜π’π’Œπ’†, π’šπ’π’– π’˜π’†π’“π’† 𝒂𝒍𝒐�...