Vanilla Bean (TodorokixReader)

By xshesxaxrebelx

First 5 chapters up on wattpad. The story will continue on Patreon. Link in bio! More

o n e
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e

t w o

2.9K 89 88
By xshesxaxrebelx

T h e N e x t D a y

(F/n) PoV

I was frosting cupcakes in the back when Yuma came running to me. "You won't believe who's here asking for you!" I eyed her curiously. Who could possibly be asking for me? Maybe Sora had visited with her nana. I put down the frosting bag and was about to walk out when she stopped me.

"You have frosting all over you. Ugh here lemme- you know what, nevermind. You still look cute, go" She shoved me out of the kitchen and I wiped my hands on my apron, walking out into the cafe. A pair of mismatched eyes were looking at me as soon as I stepped out, much to my shock. I turned around but Yuma was gone. I glanced over at the time. 4:47. Shuffling my feet I walked over, my face a deep scarlet as I approached. He was giving me a small smile.

"H-hey! Yuma said you asked to see me?" My voice was quiet. He reached his hand out, much like yesterday and I felt my stomach flutter at the thought of him touching me again. This time he went to my nose and flicked up his finger, scooping up frosting I didn't even know was there.

"You're messy." He eyed the frosting as I sucked in a breath at his words. Did he even realize what he was doing to me? I watched him place the finger in his mouth. My legs went weak. No man had the right to look that damn fine.

"It's good though." He concluded as he popped his finger out of his mouth, my own parting at the sight of him.

"U-Uh, do you want one? I'm almost done with them."

He shook his head.

"Actually, I came here to ask you something."

"Oh?" My eyes widened.

"Yes. Since you so kindly gave me a free dessert yesterday I wanted to see if perhaps you'd let me take you to dinner. Unfortunately I'm only available on Sunday, would that be okay?"

My heart was thumping loudly in my chest. I'm dreaming, right? This wasn't real. I looked down at my fidgeting hands and stilled them. Nope. This is real. This is happening. But...

"I'm sorry, Todoroki-san. I can't."

"I understand Sunday is considered a day of rest. Would another day next week work better for you?"

I looked up at his hopeful gaze.

"It's not that... I, uh, I have a daughter..." I watched him look down at my hand and then back up to me, standing.

"I apologize. I assumed you weren't married. Please forget ab-"

"No!" My voice came out a little louder than it should have. I swallowed, trying to calm my nerves. 'I haven't dated since...' I shook the thought from my mind. "No, I'm not. Her father isn't in the picture. It's just... Sundays are the only day I get to spend with her, really. A-and I understand if you choose to retract your offer I just felt like... Like... Oh I dunno. Like that's something I'm supposed to tell people so they can decide if they want to-"

He put his hand on my shoulder, cutting me off.

"You're thinking that's a deal-breaker."

"Yes..." I breathed out as he found the right words for me.

"While it's unexpected, I would still like to get to know you. My offer still stands." A pleasant smile was on his lips. I felt my own returning the gesture. He seemed genuinely interested in me.

"I accept then." I saw a small tinge of pink cross his face.

"Here then, please text or call me when you're available."

I nodded as I took the card from his hand and he backed away.

"I look forward to it, Miss-?"

"It's (L/n), but please just call me (F/n)."

He smiled cheekily and bowed.

"Right then, (F/n). I'll see you soon hopefully." He turned around and then walked rather speedily out the door, but as I saw him cross through the window I noticed his face was as red as mine.

"I think I'm going to have a heart attack! (F/n) Holy shit!" Yuma was behind me, putting on an exaggerated shock. I turned around and rolled my eyes at her but I couldn't contain my grin.

"He's perfect for you! Talk about a prince charming!" She clapped her hands together once as she beamed at me.

"What is he thinking? Why would he want to take a nobody like me out? Shouldn't he be speaking to women of nobility? Oh my god, Yuma. I can't do this." I groaned out the last sentence, my anxiety building.

"He's thinking you're beautiful and sweet. Because you are."

"I'm plain. Boring." I whined.

"You've always thought that, it's a loose screw up in that head of yours. Anyway. When are you going to see him?"

"More importantly who is going to watch Sora if I do?" I bit my lip.

"Don't be silly, like I'm not going to keep my goddaughter. Sora's long overdue for a sleepover at Auntie Yuma's!"

I smiled gratefully at her. I would have to check when he would be available, so I decided to wait and text him once Sora was in bed that evening.

---T i m e s k i p---

I was tucking Sora into her green covers as she snuggled up to her Deku plushie.

"Mommy! Can you read it to me again?!"

"I've already read it to you 3 times this evening!" I chuckled and ruffled her silky pink locks. Her hair was already down to her elbows. I let out a small sigh and stood up, going over to her bookshelf and grabbing the note from the top, turning back around sitting on the edge of her bed. "Okay, okay. But only once. You have to go to bed. You have a busy day tomorrow with nana! Just one more day before-"

"Mommy daughter day right? That's on Sunday!"

"That's right big girl. Sunday. So I want you to be extra nice to Nana tomorrow, okay? If you do we'll go to the park Sunday!"

"Okay mommy, I promise. I'll be a good girl! Then maybe you can take me so I can meet Deku too! And then I can tell him I want to be a hero just like him! And I'll show him my quirk!" I watched her sit up and put her palms out, creating tiny water fountains as water from her body shot out through her pores and formed the shape. There was so much potential to her quirk. The doctors believed that she would be able to manipulate the water as a weapon if trained properly. The possibilities of her powers use had skyrocketed during her last check up. I smiled at her and leaned down to kiss her forehead.

"If I ever meet him again I'll be sure to ask if he would see you." I stuck my pinky finger out to her and she stopped her quirk, taking her own pinky and gripping it with mine before we both leaned in and kissed our hands. It was our special promise we had always used. I looked at the paper and got her to settle down before I read it.

"To Sora,

Thank you so much for being my biggest fan! (F/n) told me that I was your favorite and that makes me so happy! I hope to meet you one day! Remember to be a hero you gotta GO BEYOND PLUS ULTRA!

Deku

P.S.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. All Might was my hero and just to know you think I'm as cool as him. You are amazing thank you!"

I turned to look down at her. She was smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Oh hunny."

"HE'S JUST THE GREATEST MOMMY!"

Here we go again. I let out a small sigh but kept my smile, letting her rant and rave.

"Tell me about him again!"

"He was every bit as kind and sweet as you see in the interviews. He got really excited when I told him about you! He's a good hero."

"THE BEST MOMMY!!!"

I chuckled to myself, then had a curious thought pop into my mind.

"What do you think about the number 3 hero, Todoroki Shoto?"

She looked at me confused so I took my phone out and brought up a googled image on my phone, turning it around for her to see. I watched her clasp her hands together and place her head on them, swooning.

"He's dreamy~." I listened to her coo and rolled my eyes, laughing as I took my phone back and placed it in my lap. That we could both agree on. I gave her one more kiss before I stood up, walking over to her door as she went back to hugging her plushie. "Goodnight baby. I'll see you in the morning."

"Night mommy!"

I turned the light off, leaving her night light to light up the walls in Plus Ultra symbols. I shut the door and walked the hall down to my room. I was in desperate need of a hot bath. I turned on my heel. 'But first, wine.' If I was going to muster up the courage to do this I was going to need a drink. I grabbed the bottle of Roscatto and a glass and took it back into my room, going to the bathroom attached to it.

The bath felt hot as I eased in, letting the bubbles surround me before I got comfortable. I took my poured glass and took a sip, replaying the encounter I had with the dual haired man. A smile played at my lips and I grabbed my phone off of the floor and his card I had placed beside it, dialing the personal number on the back and adding him as a contact before putting the card back down. Now the question was, do I call or do I text?

"Who am I kidding."

My generation didn't call. I rolled my eyes at myself and typed out a message, biting my lip before I sent it.

Me:

Hi, it's (F/n). I wanted to make sure you had my number as well.

I closed my eyes and relaxed myself until I heard a ping a few moments later.

Todoroki:

Hello. I'm glad you text me. I was starting to worry.

I smiled to myself. He had been worried I wouldn't. Hell, I had been worried I wouldn't.

Me:

Sorry I just put Sora to bed! I've just now had free time.^.^'

Yes, I was that girl that still used emoticons. I facepalmed myself and let out a groan.

Todoroki:

Wait.

So the girl that loves Deku

Is your daughter?

Well, now I am jealous.

I giggled and shook my head.

Me:

If it makes you feel any better I asked her what she thought about you.

Todoroki:

And?

Me:

She says you're dreamy.(>*^w^*<)

Someone, please stop me. 

Todoroki:

How old is she?

Me:

She's 5.

Todoroki:

She's a genius. I can tell. Wait- what does she think about Ground Zero?

Me:

Whenever she sees him on TV she boos and calls him a bully.(≥ . ≤)

Todoroki:

Like I said, genius.

I laughed quietly to myself. I could imagine him trying to land these jokes in person and failing miserably with his monotone expression.

Me:

I was texting you to ask what night would be good for you next week. Yumi, my friend at the cafe, is willing to keep Sora, she just needs to know when.

I also type out long ass sentences. Why. Am. I. Like. This.

Todoroki:

Is Tuesday a bad night to go on a date? Generally speaking?

Me:

Tuesday sounds perfect.

Todoroki:

Great. I'll pick you up at 7?

Me:

7 it is. (:

Todoroki:

Goodnight, (F/n)

Me:

Goodnight!

I put my phone back down on the floor and sunk deeper into the warm water, bringing my heart rate back down. It had been so long since I'd really talked to a guy. Since the day I left Sora's father, to be exact. How mortifying. I had no clue what I was doing. How do you even date? I never dated through high school and when I met him before my 18th birthday, he was the only person I had been with until Sora came along and I was alone, accepting my life as a single mother.

But now.. Now I was supposed to go on a date. Next Tuesday. At 7. With Todoroki Shoto. I was mixed with anxiety and excitement. That feeling would follow me for the next few days. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 344 9
🚫⚠️THIS STORY MENTIONS: ABUSE AND HOMOPHOBIA ⚠️🚫 I'm not great at describing the story so please read to find out what happens.. This is my first f...
143K 3.5K 14
One shots of Todobaku which you will surely love! different A.U.s updated every Saturday! Free to tell me ideas! Even the crazy ones!
560K 26.4K 40
[❗️INDEFINITE HIATUS. UNDER EDITING AND REVISION.❗️] i'm lost in the facade. . . you were always told you were the equivalent to a god, so why were y...
492 27 10
TW for this fanfic: -Language -Violence -Blood -Sensitive topics* -Scenes for more mature readers I got really bored one day so here we are! This sto...