Contradicting Twins Love {EDI...

By MabelOsagiede

Meet Thelma Logan and Theresa Logan. They are twenty-five years old identical twins with different personalit... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Fun-filled Chapter
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Dear Readers โค๏ธ
It's Out๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ
Instagram Handle

Chapter 54

217 64 12
By MabelOsagiede

Theresa needed to hear the truth from her father. She wanted to know if her nanny was right about him. Did her father really choose money over his family?

She barged into the mansion and ran to her father's room. She narrowed her eyes at him as soon as she got in. He sat on a couch, flipping through a newspaper. An eyeglass sat askew on his pointed nose. He peered at her and asked, "Have you bought the new mansion?"

"Dad!" Theresa yelled, ignoring his first words. "We need to talk!"

"About money?" he cocked a brow. "Sure!"

"It's not about money!" she snapped and stomped towards the couch. She snatched the newspaper from his wrinkled hands and flung it. The papers flew in the air and landed at different corners of the room.

"Dad, I want the truth!"

"What truth?"

"How did mom die?"

Mr Logan's eyes went round. He cleared his throat and stood up. He moved and stopped close to Theresa. His bulging eyes scrutinized her.

"You need to move on, dear! I know you miss your mother but..."

Theresa cut him off and rose her hand in the air. "Stop, dad! That's not what I am asking!"

"Then, what are you asking?"

"I want to believe that you have never lied to me. I trust you, dad!" she leaned and her eyes jabbed into his. "So answer me! Was mom's last words really avenge me?"

Mr Logan stiffened and clenched his fist. His facial features hardened.

"Yes, it was!"

Theresa could see fear written boldly on his face. He wiped the beads of sweat on his forehead and walked towards a window.

"Yes! That were her last words!" he croaked.

"Then, why do I feel like you are lying to me?" she asked and folded her arms. Her dad froze. His muscles were taut. He spun on his heels and faced her.

"Why do I feel like you are doubting me?" her dad retorted.

Theresa's biggest fear was about to take place. She could sense it. Her dad was trying to hide something from her. His outer appearance said it all.

Was Maria right about my father? Is he selfish and greedy?

"Dad, who was Mr Roger to you?"

"An enemy!"

"How did mom die?"

"She needed to do an operation but I didn't have money for it. Mr Roger was the cause of my bankruptcy. Your mom died before we could get the money for the operation" he explained.

"So, you couldn't take loan to save your wife's life?"

"Err....I..I did but it wasn't enough!"

"How did Mr Roger cause your bankruptcy?"

"He is a bad, greedy and selfish man. He envies me alot!"

"That's not the answer to my question!"

Mr Logan eyed his daughter. Theresa was glaring at him. His forehead creased and he questioned "I guess Maria told you something?"

"Yes, she did!"

"That woman is useless!" he muttered.

"Huh? What did you say?"

"I said that what she told you was a lie!"

"Oh, really? Prove it!"

Mr Logan frowned and took heavy steps to his bed. He sat on it and clasped his hands on his thigh.

"Dad, did you lie to me just to take your revenge on Mr Roger? Were mom's last words avenge me? Tell me the truth now! If you lie to me, I will know!" Theresa bellowed. Her hard glare was fixed on his body.

"You are a grown woman!" her dad whispered to her. "I know you trust your father".

"I do!" she sighed.

"Then, believe me when I say that..." A sinsiter smile tugged on his lip. "I did it all for revenge!"

"What?"

"You said you want the truth!" he shrugged. "I know I can't lie forever! Mr Roger actually deprived me from my luxurious life and that's why I am taking my revenge!"

"Dad!" She howled. "You lied to your daughters?"

"Yes, I did! But I know you are smart, Theresa! You have always loved an extravagant lifestyle. You love dresses, jewelries...all those stuff!" he rose to his feet. "I know that you will work with me. Forget those lies I told you. We can become rich if you work with me. Maybe you can even marry a wealthy bachelor. That way, we can never run out of money" he added and snickered.

"Are...Dad, you...I can't believe this!" Theresa screamed.

"What's wrong? Don't you want to be rich? Be smart, child! Money is the source of happiness. Many money means good life" he dusted his blue shirt that he wore under a pair of black slacks and glanced back at Theresa. "Look at my clothes! If I had more money, my clothes would be better than this! Forget about those lies and be happy with your present life. Mr Roger's son is out of the picture and the company belongs to us"

"So you are proud of yourself? You lied for twenty-two years to your daughters and you are happy with that?" Rage consumed Theresa and her voice projected louder than a trumpet as she yelled each words.

"Don't yell at me! I am your father!"

"How dare you call yourself my father? Does a father choose money over his children? Will he see his daughters as puppets to get things done for him?" she demanded. "Dad, I am not like you. Greed and selfishness aren't the trait you will find in me. Unlike you, I want to live a luxurious life and I am working hard for it. Laziness is never a good friend!"

"Truly, I don't see why you are angry" Mr Logan said with glazing eyes. "You have a company because of my amazing plans. Enjoy it and forget the past"

Theresa stared at him with a blank expression. Two emotions surge in; hurt and anger. How could everything she believed in be a lie? All her life she had worked towards avenging her mother. Now, she was hearing that it was all a lie!

How could that be possible? How was I so stupid and naive? I allowed myself to be fooled like this! The person I trusted the most betrayed me. He is a big liar. My dad is a big fat liar.

"Get out of my house!" She snarled. "I don't want to see your face!"

"This is not your house!"

"It is! And guess what? The company is also mine" Theresa strutted to him. "So, forget about that idea of being rich because all those money are mine and I won't be giving you anything. Go back to your town and forget you ever had a daughter! Now leave my house"

"You can't treat your father that way!"

"How did you treat your daughters?" she retorted. "Leave my house now!"

"Theresa, I am sorry! Please understand! I need this money"

"Just get out!" she snapped. "I am giving you twenty minutes to pack your bags and leave. If you don't, my security guards will throw you out!"

She left the room, slamming the door behind her. Theresa went to her room, picked her phone and called Thelma.

"Hi, Theresa! What did dad say?"

"He was proud of himself. He doesn't regret what he did. And yeah, our dad has been lying to us since childhood!" Theresa replied in a dry tone.

Thelma sniffed before she mewled, "Why did dad do this to us?"

"Why are you crying?" Theresa scoffed. "I actually called to tell you that I can't live alone in a big mansion. Pack your loads and come stay with me!"

"What about dad?"

"He is going back to where he belongs. And that is a rented apartment!"

"Aren't you hurt that dad betrayed you?" Thelma sniffed.

Theresa's heart squeezed. She was beyond hurt. The pain she felt was too much that she couldn't cry. She knew crying won't stop the sharp piercing pain.

"Just come over, Thelma!" she sighed. "Bye!"

Thelma's lip bent downwards. She wiped her tear stained face and mumbled, "This doesn't sound good!"

"How did she react? Was she crying?" her nanny asked.

"No! She sounded calm!"

Maria gasped and shook her head with a pained expression.

"I know Theresa is hurt but she is bottling it up! This won't end well!" Maria whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week later, Thelma and Maria were extremely worried. Theresa hadn't cried nor had she say anything about her emotions. She would go to work and come back with an emotionless face. No one knew what went through her mind.

Thelma was scared because she knew that Theresa had trusted their dad with all her heart and soul. Since their childhood days, Theresa had been plotting on how she would avenge their mother's death. Theresa doesn't easily trust people. So when she does, she trusts that person with all of her heart.

It was crazy how the least person she expected, was actually the one lying to her. This was too much to take in. Thelma knew Theresa was hurt. She did all she could to make Theresa share her thoughts. She needed her to let it all out. To let her pains all out. However, Theresa was still adamant.

Thelma decided to pay Kelvin a visit. She told him about everything and he agreed to help out. He decided to have lunch with Theresa. Maybe they would talk and share their thoughts and emotions towards things.

Theresa was filling details in  a file when she heard a knock.

"Come in!" Theresa called.

Kelvin walked in with a big grin on his face. "Hello, bestie!"

Theresa rolled her eyes and sent a tight smile to him.

"It's lunch time!" Kelvin announced.

"Oh! I don't think I will have time for lunch!"

"Please, I can here so that we could have lunch together. Don't do this to me!"

"But I am really busy!"

"Forget about that! I am your friend!"

"Are you really qualified to be my friend?" she teased.

"Of course I am!" Kelvin gave a thumbs up. "Come on! Let's go!"

Theresa picked her bag and phone. She smiled at him "Let's go!"

Kelvin gestured for her to leave and he locked the door as soon as she was out of the office. He watched Theresa stroll to the elevator and said under his breathe, "Theresa, I know you are going through a lot but right now, you need a friend. How can you bottle up all your pain?"

  ~~~Author's note~~~

Hey guys, what do you think of this chapter?

Do you think Theresa should cry?

What should she do know? Should she apologize to Alex and return his company back to him?

What is the best punish me for Mr Logan?

Thanks for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it. Love ya all ❤💓💖💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

517K 11.2K 37
| ๐Ÿญ๐Ÿฒ๐˜… ๐—™๐—˜๐—”๐—ง๐—จ๐—ฅ๐—˜๐—— ยท [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...
19.4K 1.9K 45
|| wattpad-featured || || romance reads 2020 2nd place winner || โi hope you're not afraid of heights.โž โwhy so?โž โcause we're gonna fly. โž โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌ A...
6.7K 237 52
Spin of PTB & LBB Sean Wayne...... Unfortunate famous designer....... Irrevocably in love Lisa Waynes! People say Love is all about being patient...
1.3K 112 11
Status: Complete Beautiful and passionate boss lady as I'm, I never thought one's love will make me frail. It wasn't a love at first sight as they sa...