Contradicting Twins Love {EDI...

By MabelOsagiede

Meet Thelma Logan and Theresa Logan. They are twenty-five years old identical twins with different personalit... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Fun-filled Chapter
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Epilogue
Dear Readers ❤️
It's Out😊💃💃
Instagram Handle

Chapter 57

232 70 16
By MabelOsagiede

Thelma's eyes were bloodshot. She had a throbbing headache as she wept in the hospital hallway. Her sister was in an operating theater fighting for her life. Maria, their nanny, Kelvin and Oscar were also there. Everyone was tensed and gloomy. Oscar came to her side and placed his hand on Thelma's shoulder. He pulled her in for a comforting hug. His hand stroked her brown hair as she sobbed on his blue t-shirt.

"Don't worry, Thelma! Theresa will be fine! I know she will" Oscar assured.

A nurse walked up to them. "Mr Alexander Roger has regained consciousness!" she announced.

They all ran towards his room. They barged in and Thelma ran to his side. She threw her arms around him and hugged him tight.

"I'm so glad you are okay!" she sobbed. "I thought I would lose you!"

"It's okay, Thelma!" Alex rubbed her back. "I'm fine now!"

She leaned away and wiped her teary cheek with her hand. She sniffed and whispered, "What happened? Who shot you?"

Alex's eyes widened and he yelled, "Where is Theresa?"

"She...she...she is in the operating theater!" she replied.

"She is not dead?"

"What?" Thelma screamed. "No! Never! Theresa would never leave me!"

Alex let out a sigh of relief and placed his hand on his chest. "Thank God she is alive! I need to see her!" he exclaimed and made attempt to pull the drip that was on his hand.

"Wait!" Thelma held his hand. "You can't do that! You are still recovering!"

"I know but I need to..."

She cut in, "Please, don't! Just wait!"

"Where is Don?" Alex cocked a brow.

"Don?" Kelvin voiced. "Was he with you guys?"

"Yes! They shot him too!"

"But...But we didn't see his body. We didn't see him at all" Kelvin replied.

"We should call the police now!" Oscar suggested.

"Okay!" Kelvin nodded and dug his hand into his pocket. He pulled his phone and walked out of the room.

"I hope Theresa is okay?" Alex whispered. It was evident on his face that he was worried.

"She will be fine!" Maria bawled. "I know she is a strong girl!"

Tears welled up in Thelma's eyes and ran down her face like rivulets. Below her eyes were large black spots. She had been weeping ever since she found out Theresa's state. Theresa would have lost her life if she wasn't brought to the hospital on time. Thelma was grateful to the stranger who had brought them to the hospital.

However, she left Alex and was back at the hallway. She peeped through the circular glass on the door. Her body trembled when she saw the blood that soaked Theresa's body. She noticed a nurse was heading to the door and she backed away. The nurse opened the door and walked out.

"How is my sister?"

"She is still in a critical condition. She has lost a lot of blood, ma'am! I want to check our blood bank!"

"She needs blood?"

"Yes!"

"I'm here twin sister! I will donate!" Thelma quaked and placed her hands on the nurse's arms.

"Let me check the blood back first!"

"Okay!"

The nurse left and Thelma continued to pace. A minute later, the nurse ran to her.

"Is your blood group B positive?" she asked.

Thelma rose both brows, "Yes!"

"Good! We don't have it right now and your sister needs blood!"

"Then take mine! You can take all of it. My sister must survive!" Thelma yelled.

"Calm down! She will be fine! Come with me! I need you to donate some blood!"

"Alright!" Thelma followed her.

Later, the doctor announced a good news that the operation was successful. Thelma, Maria, Alex, Kelvin and Oscar were delighted to hear that. Though Theresa was still unconscious, Thelma was happy. She believed that Theresa would soon regain her cosciousness.

"Can I be discharged? I don't like staying in a hospital" Alex whined. "Please!"

"Sorry, Alex!" Thelma looked at him. "You need to stay here!"

"Please, can I have my medication at home? Can you talk to the doctor!"

"Fine! I will allow you to leave the hospital on one condition!" she replied.

"What?"

"You will stay at my place. I can take care of you there. I don't want anything to happen to you! You still have a wound at your arm!" she pointed to his forearm that was wrapped with bandage.

"No problem! I will live with you!" he groaned.

Thelma smiled and leaned close to his ear. She whispered, "Does that mean you have forgiven me? I am really sorry about everything that happened between us".

Alex stared at her with glazing eyes.

"Sorry! We..we..We will talk about it later!" she stammered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thelma had gone to her mansion with Alex. Maria had taken it upon heself to look after Theresa in the hospital.

Thelma and Alex were having their dinner and sat quietly at the dining table. Thelma glanced at Alex. He was finding it difficult to eat. His right arm was the one that had the wound.

Should I offer to feed him? I don't know! He hasn't spoken to me since we got here. I think he still hates me.

"Hmm...I...I...I could feed you if you want?" Thelma stuttered.

"No! I don't need your help!" he deadpanned.

"But..."

"I said I don't need your help!"

She gulped and nodded. "Sorry!"

Thelma felt uncomfortable. She wanted to settle all the misunderstanding. After dinner, they sat on the couch, watching the local news.

Thelma glanced at Alex. She drew in heavy breathes and exclaimed, "Alex, we can't end our relationship like this. You need to understand the reason behind Theresa's action. We don't hate you. It was a misunderstanding that led to all that happened. Please, you need to give me a chance to explain everything fully to you!"

"Our relationship?" he peeled his eyes from the television screen and fixed it on Thelma.

She fiddled with her fingers and her eyes were downcast. "I don't mean our relationship! I am talking about the friendship we shared. Theresa is not a bad person. I want you to understand what truly happened!"

"I don't want to know!"

"Please, Alex! Don't harden your heart at us. We care about you and you mean a lot to us. Theresa also cares abo...."

Does she care? Um...

"What were you about to say?" he leaned forward. "You see, I am not angry with you. I'm angry with Theresa. She is so cunning. She might apologize today and betray me tomorrow!"

"No!" Thelma waved her hands in the air. "Theresa is not like that. She doesn't accept or trust a person easily but when she puts her trust in you, she will always be a loyal friend. I am sure about this!"

"She doesn't trust me therefore she won't be a loyal friend!" he stated in a firm tone.

"Hmm..." Thelma trailed off. "But can you listen to the reason why all this happened?"

"Fine!" he groaned.

Thelma told him everything. When she concluded, Alex shrugged indifferently.

"You don't believe me?" she rose a brow.

"I believe you but I haven't changed my mind about Theresa!"

"My sister is a good woman!" Thelma snapped. "I just want to let you know that but I won't force you to forgive her. It's up to you!"

Thelma sprung to her feet and glared at him. "Beside who else would know her better than I do? I know that her intention of taking your company was good. She even apologized. If your pride won't let you accept it, then that's your business. However, I won't watch you treat my sister like a criminal".

Alex flinched. He stared at her with wide eyes.

"I...I.." he stuttered.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude. I just have to defend my sister. She is lying in this hospital bed because she went to your neighborhood to apologize to you. What else do you want from her?"

"Wow!" he stood up. "Thelma, calm down!"

She narrowed her eyes at him.

"I've never seen you yell at anyone before!" he pointed out.

"I can do anything to protect my sister!" she stated. "What my dad did to her was hurtful. If you also treat her bad, how would she feel? She would be so depressed and I don't want that! Have you seen her lately? She isn't the Theresa we know. She has been too reserved. I had to beg Kelvin to help her open up! I don't want anyone to hurt her. I will do anything for my sister's happiness!"

"Thelma, please calm down! Breathe!"

Thelma clenched and unclenched her fists. Her chest heaved as she breathed rapidly. "She has gone through a lot. She almost lost her life! I won't watch anyone hurt her. No! I won't" Thelma sobbed. She spun on her heels and dashed up the stairs.

Alex stood dumbfounded. He blinked continuously as he comprehended what had happened.

      ~~~Author's note~~~

Who was happy to see Thelma defend her sister?

Thank God Theresa is alive!

What will happen next?

What do you think happened to Don?

Will Alex forgive Theresa?

Do you think Theresa is a bad woman?

Don't forget to VOTE!!!!......
Love ya!!!!

💓💓💓💓💖💖❤❤❤💕💕💕💋💋💗💗💖💕❤❤💋💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395 35 7
+ ROMANCÉ ++HUMOR & MYSTERY +++BEING A WHOLE NEW PERSON Prononciation : Way-nah One runs, the other chases - one hides, the other finds -one denies...
19.4K 1.9K 45
|| wattpad-featured || || romance reads 2020 2nd place winner || ❝i hope you're not afraid of heights.❞ ❝why so?❞ ❝cause we're gonna fly. ❞ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ A...
19.6K 1.3K 51
❣ You can read the Kindle version for FREE on Amazon Kindle Unlimited ❣ [FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL NEW ADULT PROFILE @NA ON 13TH JANUARY, 2023] ...
48.3K 1.1K 31
~ Featured 2× on @StoriesUndiscovered's Reading List Tales Of The Heart. ~ Featured on @WattpadEmpowered's Reading List Monthly Spotlight. ~ Winner...