The Secluding of Eve

By angelheaven101

What would you do if someone offered you the chance to be a spy? That would mean leaving your family, friends... More

Prolouge
Ch. 1-Bond Prep
Ch. 2-Friends
Ch. 3-Enemies
Ch. 4-Flowers
Ch. 5-Ms. Kimi
Ch. 7- Cage3219
Ch. 8-Before j45t990
Ch. 9-j45t990
Ch. 10-Harvey
Ch. 11-Fight
Ch. 12 Recovery
Ch. 13-Jared
Ch. 14-Goodbye Daddy
Ch. 15-Mrs. Moore
Ch.16-CPR
Ch. 17-Returns
Ch. 18-plans
Ch. 19-Ball
Ch. 20-Eve
Ch. 21-Green light
Ch. 22-Scrapbooks

Ch. 6-Frost551

3.2K 34 9
By angelheaven101

Okay before I start I just wanted to say that the glitch was fixed an hour or so after I upload. Some of you might not have read it so I just wanted to let yall know it was there. Anyways it's time for the story correct?

******************************

I walked the halls silently and headed to class. Nothing happened yesterday so Ranger, Fran, and I decided to stay on the down low. Kacy probably thought she lost the key and I didn't express anything different. "Can you just entertain me," Ranger begged and I sighed. "Why don't you talk to Fran," I asked. "She's reading and she's scary when she's concentrating," Ranger said and I looked past him to see Fran walking even slower. She was really into her book.

"The answer is still no. We should be studying like Fran," I said without laughing. "It's just a cook book," Ranger said and I heard a smack. I looked over and Fran hit Ranger in the back of his head with her book. "Sorry," Ranger mumbled and Fran caught up with us. Fran showed us a ravioli recipe and it was complicated. "You're going to make that," I asked and she nodded. "Knowing Eve and her greedy self she'll eat two plates full," Ranger said.

"If I eat two then you'll have five," I retorted and Ranger laughed. "Truce," he said and I grinned. We walked into class and Ms. Patty was discussing Shakespearian terms. Fran took a lot of notes while I mostly listened.  Ms. Patty's brown hair was braided today and she looked serious. Someone walked into the room and whispered into Ms. Patty's eyes.

She quickly scanned the room and spotted me. "Ms. Evangeline, Mr. Ranger, Ms. Francesca go to the principal's office," she said. I looked and Ranger and he was confused. Fran looked frightened as I picked up my stuff. Class was about to end and I didn't plan on coming back for them. Fran and Ranger collected their stuff and we quickly walked out of the room.

"What's going on," Fran's eyes pleaded. "I don't know. Did you do something," I asked Ranger. "Not that I know of. Just let me do all the talking," Ranger said. "What if she asks me a question," I asked more concerned than scared. "Just be nice because if my sponsor has to come down, I'm dead," Ranger said.  That put my mind at easy, not.

When we walked into Ms. Kimi's office I was surprised to see Kacy, Hank, and Hansel in their too. I cursed to myself and closed the door. "Have a seat," Ms. Kimi said seriously and that's when I started to get nervous. I sat between Ranger and Kacy unfortunately. Ms. Kimi was staring at us and then she suddenly asked, "Eve do you know why you're here?" She just had to ask me.

I sighed and said, "No ma'am." "Not even slightly," she asked and I resisted looking at Kacy. "No ma'am," I said again and she nodded. "What about you Kacy," she asked. "No ma'am. Was there a problem about our usual party," she asked. "Should there be," Ms. Kimi asked. "Of course not ma'am. Just making sure," Kacy replied so smoothly that I almost bought it.

Ms. Kimi sat back and said, "In a few days all of your sponsors will be here." I looked over at Ranger and he was digging his nails into his skin. Was his sponsor that bad? Ms. Kimi smirked and said, "I think I've scarred you enough. The reason your sponsors are coming is because the six of you will be going on a mission." A mission? Why was this turning into a bad spy kids movie?

"Why the six of us? Obviously there are more experienced students here," Hansel said obviously referring to me. "I have a picture in my mind. A picture that needs each of you to be either colors or paintbrushes. Only the painter has this vision. The colors and brushes are simply tools. Understand," Ms. Kimi asked and Hansel nodded.

"Obviously I can't send you off on a plane today and hope for a successful mission.  You will stay at the academy for two days to get to know each other better and train harder than your classmates. I've altered your schedules so that no confusion occurs. Your sponsors will arrive shortly to explain the rest. You may leave," Ms. Kimi said and Hansel was the first person out the door with Ranger being a close second.

I took my time and when Ms. Kimi called my name I froze. "Yes ma'am," I asked while looking back. "I know you don't have a lot of experience in areas Kacy and Hansel do but you have something else. Something very different that if used properly, can save everyone during this mission," she said. I nodded and walked out of the room.

Fran was rubbing Ranger's arm and I ran up to them. "I thought I was going to die," Ranger said as we walked towards my room. "What's your sponsor like," I asked. "He's tall and muscular. He was going to turn me into the cops for stealing a handful of food for the other runaways like me but he saw something in me. Those were his words. I haven't seen him since the day he dropped me off and I wish it would've stayed that way," Ranger said.

We walked into our room and I grabbed three cokes from the fridge. Technically I wasn't supposed to have them but I swallowed that thought away as the coke burned my throat. "So let me see that paper," I said and grabbed the paper from Ranger's hands. There was a lot of time for drama and weapon classes. "Where are we going," I asked.

"Ms. Kimi likes to tell you the day before you leave. That's what I've been told at least," Ranger said taking another sip of coke. Fran was watching the door as if waiting for someone to jump at her. Fran jumped up and grabbed Ranger's wrist. "What," he asked and she pointed toward her bed. "I'd rather not. You're my friend Frank," Ranger said and Fran blushed.

She dragged Ranger toward her bed and ushered for me to hurry. I walked over and as Fran pulled me down, the door kicked open. "Where's my angel Francesca!? Dove ti nascondi," someone asked and I heard footsteps coming this way. "Got you," someone exclaimed and Fran smiled. "Was all this really necissary," someone different asked. "Of course! This is my little Francesca we're talking about! Now I get to dres sher up as my little doll," the first person said and revealed herself.

She was a shorty, curvy woman with blonde hair in tight curls. She had bright lipstick and brown eyes. The woman held her hands up and Fran ran up to give her a hug. I figured that the coast was clear and was surprised to see Ms. Jackson on her phone. "Hello Evangeline. Hasn't this school taught you how to be polite," she asked.

"Don't be rude Maggie! Hello Evangeline! I'm Fran's sponsor, Cage3219 but you can call me CeeCee," she said with a smile. CeeCee was definatly a perky person. "Hello," I said and CeeCee touched my hair. "I can curl this and make you look so cute! You can be my second doll," she said and I saw Fran shaking her head not too.

I smiled politely as CeeCee turned to give her attention to Fran. I looked down to see Ranger standing up and sighing. "Bye CeeCee," Ranger said and tried to leave but CeeCee grabbed his arm. "Have you been taking care of my precious Fran? You know she's so fragile. I'm so glad she has you," CeeCee said and someone cleared their throat. It wasn't me so when I looked back to see a dark skinned man with a low cut and a nasty scar on his right eye I was surprised.

"How do you expect him to take care fo someone," the man asked and I noticed Ranger stiffen. "Hello," Ranger said and the man walked into the room. He looked me over and when I didn't diverte my gaze he said, "I don't know why this school is accepting so many female students. They get to distracted."

"That female hapens to be mine Frost," Ms. Jackson said and Frost looked disgusted. "Sorry I'm not a guy. I'm sure you prefer them," I said and CeeCee giggled. "Why don't we go some place nice! Everyone can get all dressed up," CeeCee said and I was seriously starting to think she had an obsession.

"I'll have to decline and so will my charge. We have serious work to do," Frost said and gave Ranger a hard glance. "Bye Fran and Eve," Ranger said and Fran stared at Frost with hate. Frost seemed uneffected as he walked out of the room with Ranger following behind. Ms. Jackson closed the door and put her phone away.

"All right let's get down to bussines," Ms. Jackson said. "You're right Maggie," CeeCee said while pulling Fran into her lap. CeeCee started to run a brush through Fran's hair. "Our girls need to relax! This school is terrible for the skin and I know just the mixer to fix that. Francesca do you still have that book I sent you," CeeCee asked and Fran nodded with fear in her eyes.

"Actually I think we should be training them CeeCee. This mission isn't a test. People's lives will be involved," Ms. Jackson said while looking through my closet. She threw me some clothes and it was a tight black tp, tight shorts, and black heels. "Am I training in heels," i asked. "If you can fight in heels, you can fight in anything," Ms. Jackson said while having a good point. I knew my ankles would disagree later though.

"Fine. We can train them together! Good with you," CeeCee asked. "Perfect," Ms. Jackson said and I quickly changed. I expected to see Fran wearing something like I was but she was in a pink, frilly dress with long, open sleeves and pink sparkly heels. CeeCee was trying to decide wheter or not to apply make-up. "Ready," I asked and CeeCee quickly put lip gloss on Fran.

"Finished," she exclaimed with a smile and grabbed Fran's hand while talking. "Let's go," Ms. Jackson said. Ms. Jackson's bussiness clothes were laid out on the chair and now she was wearing blue shorts and a blue t-shirt that said attitude check. When I walked outside a cool breeze hit me and had me shivering. "Just a little wind," Ms. Jackson said and I nodded.

When we were far enough out into the grounds, Ms. Jackson and CeeCee turned to face me and Fran. "Take this seriously CeeCee. Their lives are at stake," Ms. Jackson said and CeeCee nodded. "She's just so young. I shouldn't have to share her yet," CeeCee pouted and went into a defensive mode. "Ready," Ms. Jackson asked and I nodded.

I was as ready as I would ever be. Ms. Jackson ran toward me and I was just focused on not getting hit in the face and falling in these heals. Ms. Jackson punched my stomach and had me wobbling a lot in the heels. "Gain some balance! Concentrate," she continued to shout at me. I tried to concentrate but the pain in my stomach and legs were distracting. "Keep moving," she exclaimed.

I kept backing up and felt the wall touch my back. I cursed under my breath as Ms. Jackson slowly made her way toward me. "Never let yourself get cornered. This would have been your end," she said obviously. "I know," I said between gasps. Ms. Jackson smiled and turned. "Alright again. Learn from your mistakes," she said and I sighed in relief.

I clutched my stomach because Ms. Jackson thought that was my weak spot. She showed me over and over how defensless I left my stomach and let's just say I didn't want anymore pain there. I looked over and saw Fran fighting expertly with CeeCee. CeeCee seemed more agressive than usual. I guess she was in spy mode. I quickly made my way over to Ms. Jackson and continued to get hurt.

Each time I got a little better but I didn't know if that was really helping in the end. When We finally called it quits, the sun was rising and I was tired to the bone. "You have class as normal today. Don't embarras me," Ms. Jackson warned and walked away. "You did very well honey! After class I'll come over to dress you up again! I still have that scrapbook and need a new picture. Make me prouder if that's possible," CeeCee said and kissed Fran's cheek before catching up with Ms. Jackson.

Fran slowly made her way toward me while holding her arm. I could barely move so Fran must have done well. "I don't know about you but I need a cold bath," I said and Fran nodded in agreement. Fran looked up and screamed. She broke out in a run and turned around. When I saw what she did, I broke out in a run despite my aching muscles.

Fran grabbed Frost's hands and I ran to help Ranger. "Stop! You're hurting him," Fran exclaimed and Frost pushed her away causing her to fall. "Fran," Ranger called out and lunged. Raner took most of the impact as Fran fell into his arms. "You're just hurting everyone and you can't even help yourself! I sent you to this because I thought I saw something in you! You're an embarrasement to me. Why you passed up that first mission I'll never know but this time you won't screw up! Stand up," Frost said and that's when I snapped.

"Look at him! Don't you think you've done enough," I demanded. Ranger had a black eye, a busted lip, a big hicky on his forehead, and by the way he was groaning a fractured rib. Of course their could be more damage. "Stay out of this girl. This is between men," Frost said and I blocked his path. "Well than you're just going to have to beat me up first. Can you really do that," I demanded while looking into Frost's eyes.

They were cold and that's when I realized why Ranger was scarred of him. Frost was intimadating to say the least and every second my fear grew. There was no way I could fight this man even if I was in the best shape. Frost looked behind me at Ranger and said, "We'll continue this tomorrow." Frost walked away and he took any amount of confidence I had left with him.

I turned to look at Ranger and Fran was in distress. "Come on. We'll bring him to our room and take care of him there," I said and Fran and I walked Ranger to our room. He was groaning all the way to our room and Fran laid him on her bed. She ran into the bathroom and came out carrying a lot of supplies. I ran in to get a cool towel and a few other things.

I placed the cool towel on Ranger's forehead and his breathing was getting worse. His shirt was off and so were his jeans. I couldn't worry about being embarrased because I honestly feared for Ranger's life. Fran let a few tears fall but was helping him expertly. I wasn't sure what she was doing to his upper body because I was wrapping a twisted ankle.

Ranger looked worse than most of the guys who used to live on my street and they were always bloody. "Calm down," I said trying to comfort Richard who was still wincing in pain. "Fran...I'm sorry," Ranger whispered before the pain was too much for him. Ranger slipped into unconciousness and Fran and I quickly finished.

"Is he going to be ok," I asked. "He'll live," Fran said and walked into the bathroom. I could hear her crying faintly as she put up most of the supplies. I watched over Ranger and traced his lips. Ranger really needed some chapsticks. "Fran...I love...you," he whispered.  My mouth dropped and I looked at the bathroom door. It's a good thing Fran didn't hear that.

I hoped that Ranger wouldn't talk anymore and as soon as Fran came out of the bathroom I took my cool bath. How could Ranger get hurt that bad? He's been here longer than me and is always the one at ease. If anyone was expected to look like that, it was supposed to be me. I knew I couldn't think like that so I closed my eyes. I was so tired that I emptied the water and slept in the tub.

When I woke up that morning I was still sore but quickly got dressed. Fran must have put my clothes in the bathroom. When I stepped out I wasn't surprised to find Fran sleeping next to Ranger with her hands on his chest. They looked cute together and I pulled the covers over them. I stil lhad an hour until class and had no idea about how to pass the time.

I decided to take my spy gear outside into the hall and listen. I was just really bored and it was either that or count the hall tiles. I turned on the radio and heard some get slapped. "Don't ever talk to me like that! Don't forget who brought you here," a lady snapped. "Thanks mom! It's been my dream to be the biggest freak this school has! You dropped my off when I was three months old and a day! I could have died," Kacy exclaimed.

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger! You only happened because I had to continue the mission! Do you think I wanted to be a mother at twenty two? My life was just starting Kacy and your father is behind bars were he belongs," the lady said.

"Just get out! I can train without this verbal harrasement! Until you get a grip you will never be my mother," Kacy exclaimed. The radio went silent until the lady said, "You're right. I'm your sponser." The radio went silent until I heard sobs in the background. I quickly turned the radio off and looked down the hall. No one heard that and I planned on keeping things that way.

I quietly walked back into the room and saw Ranger looking down at Fran. He turned to look at me and raised a finger to his lips. I nodded and walked to my side of the room. I quietly packed my bags and Fran stirred. "Awake," she whispered. "Yeah. What happened," Ranger asked and Fran turned to me.

I sighed and said, "You were beat up really badly by your sponsor. Fran and I dragged you here. We helped you the best we could. Do you remember any of that?" "A little. Thanks guys," he said and tried to get up but Fran grabbed his arm. Fran gave Ranger a pleading look and Ranger said, "You know it will be worse if I don't go to class."

Fran let go reluctantly and I saw Ranger wince. "See you in class," he mumbled from the pain and walked out of the room. I noticed that he was still only in his underwear but I guess guys didn't care.

 I heard Fran sniffle as she got out of bed. "Don't cry Fran. I'll keep an eye on him when you can't," I said and Fran gave me a hug. When she pulled back gratitude was shinning in her eyes. "Don't worry about it. We're friends aren't we," I asked and she nodded with a smile. She walked into the bathroom to get ready and I sat on the bed and stared at my closet where I knew the unopened letter from my father was. Eventually I would have to read it. The time just wasn't at that moment.

**********************************

Guys I tried to make this longer and hopefully it worked! Tell me what you think about Frost and all those random comments I love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136 26 11
They’re after us. They want it for themselves. I don’t know who I can trust besides my family. They have been with me forever. They never left my sid...
6K 1.4K 52
A storm is raging, deep and strong Penetrating the walls of despair, Its angry façade slowly growing, Beneath the happy faces, it bears. -tintinspy ...
1.2K 172 18
Hello there, remember me? The girl who faced probably every catastrophe ever to happen; I mean if I lost my sanity I have a perfect excuse. Probably...
594K 29.4K 68
ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs. ʟᴜᴄɪᴜs ᴀɴᴅ ɢʀᴀᴄᴇ. Two inseparable best friends. A bond so beautiful that nothing could've broken them apart. But it all changed 𝘵�...