Alone

De caslovessleeping

"I didn't know how much I needed you until I didn't have you. Every second was hell without you. Whenever I'm... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Epilogue

Chapter 6

1K 80 188
De caslovessleeping

"No, that's why the car stopped, genius." He answered my rhetorical question.

You know that moment when you think things can't get anymore worse but they do anyways, because right at that moment it started drizzling.

"Great, just great." I said, hitting my head on the dashboard.

"Do not fret just yet, I have a solution." He said enthusiastically. "My apartment is not far from here and we can make a run for it rather than sitting here."

"I'd rather not. Thank you very much." I said sweetly.

"Well, then you can stay in the car and risk dying from suffocation or someone kidnapping you." His grey eyes twinkled with mischief; I couldn't understand how he found this situation hilarious, he probably enjoyed getting a reaction out of me. The smug smile on his face confirmed it.

"Honestly, I would pity your kidnappers rather than you."

"Shut the fuck up before I strangle you." Pinching the bridge of my nose, I inhaled deeply and let out a breath before turning to see that cocky smirk on his face. That didn't help at all.

Suddenly the light bulb in my head went off. I could call Caleb and ask him to pick me up.

"Give me your phone."

"Battery's dead." He said as he checked his phone and with that my last hope died too. I let out a groan; I had no other option.

"Okay fine, let's go."

Sporting a victorious smirk, he got out of the car without another word. I was surprised when he didn't childishly retort like I had expected him to. If we were quick enough then we could make it back to his apartment before the skies opened up and drenched us.

I got out of the car and slammed the door behind me. The car beeped making me jump. Running, I caught up to him within a few seconds since his long legs had carried him quite some distance away from the car. I walked silently behind him trying to match his speed as I let my mind drift.

It was strange how I was going to a stranger's apartment, especially a guy's apartment at that. I barely knew the guy and here I was walking behind him, letting him lead me to his apartment. For all I know he could be another serial killer preying on young innocent women, luring me into his trap and then killing me.

I think I've watched too much of Criminal Minds.

Caleb trusted him, but that didn't mean he was trust-worthy. It took quite sometime before I could even warm up to the twin's, but here I was going to his apartment. Even if it seemed like I had no other choice, I could have slept in the car or somehow gotten us fuel and demanded he dropped me home. He made me feel weird; I still had to figure out if it was a good weird or a bad weird. Greyson was very attractive even with that stupid cocky smirk of his. He had the power to make people's head turn, and he was an enthralling creature.

I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize he had stopped and was calling me until I bumped into his chest.

"What's got you thinking so hard that you bumped into me? Is it my beautiful face or how hot and sexy I look?" 

I scoffed, "Is your chest made of steel?"

"Yeah, and this steel chest saved your life."

"I didn't ask you to play a hero and help me; I could have managed just fine." 

His retort was cut off by the pouring rain. Letting out a yelp of surprise, Greyson had already taken off. Yelling curses at him which was drowned out by the pelting of the rain, I took off behind him.

Finally an apartment complex came into my sight and I prayed that it was his. I let out a sigh of relief when he ran towards it. Pushing open the door, he ran inside and held it open for me. Once I was inside, I stopped to catch my breath meanwhile Greyson pushed the elevator button.

Shuffling inside, we stood on opposite ends. Closing my eyes and leaning on my side, I tried to catch a break, but that ended quickly when the elevator dinged and opened. We walked to his apartment leaving a trail of water droplets behind us. Opening his door, we walked in, and he closed the door behind me while I looked around.

It was a sleek living room, with a comfy-looking couch in the middle facing the television. The thing which shocked me was the two book filled shelves that stood out. He definitely didn't look like the reading type, then again I didn't really know him.

"Let me show you the bathroom before you drown my living room."

"Not if you do it first." 

"Well, it's my house, and I can do what I want."

I scoffed and followed him to the bathroom. "You can put your wet clothes in this basket, and I'll put it in the washer."

I waited till he left, swiftly peeled my clothes off and got into the shower. I basked in the feeling of finally having a hot shower. My thoughts went back to how comfortable I felt with Greyson even though we had our differences. I never really had any friends or anyone to talk to besides Jacob and Caleb.

I was used to masking my real emotions to the point that I had forgotten that other people had feelings too. I couldn't handle my own emotions, and dealing with new ones would be a disaster. I knew it wasn't healthy, but it was my way of coping to get away from my past and to live in the present. I never really interacted with people unless I really needed to. I liked to remain alone because I knew that no one could hurt me that way.

A series of knocks brought me back to earth, "Are you done in there? Save some hot water for me too, I'm shivering out here."

"I'll be out in a few. Have you been standing out the door all this time?" There was no answer. "Can't a girl get any privacy around here?"

"Not when she's using up all my hot water."

"Well, I don't have any clothes to wear. What am I going to wear?"

"You can wear one of my shirts and boxers." 

"Ugh, I hope they are clean."

"If you have a problem, you can remain naked. I definitely don't oppose."

"Of course you wouldn't oppose. You are a guy after all, pervert."

During our little talk I had finished drying myself off with a towel, "Can you give me the clothes?"

"Take back what you said." He demanded immaturely.

"What?" 

"That I'm a pervert and ask me nicely."

"Oh come on. We both know it's true." 

"Fine, you're not getting the clothes. If you want it, come and get it."

"Listen here, little shit; you either give me the clothes or you won't like what's coming."

"Try me."

"Okay, I'll come out and get the clothes, but only after I drain the hot water." I turned on the shower and let the water flow. There was silence from the other side; we both knew I had won.

"Fuck, fine. I'll give you the clothes and I'll have you know that there is nothing little about me."

Not bothering to reply, I waited for a few minutes until Greyson knocked again, "Open up." 

I wrapped the towel around me for safety measure and cracked open the door enough to stick my hand out. When I felt the fabric, I grabbed onto it, but before I could snatch it from him, another hand clamped down on my hand and pulled me out. 

Taken by surprise, I stumbled and smacked my face onto his broad chest, my hand still clutching my towel tightly. Trying to get away, I felt a hand on my head keeping me stuck to his chest and quite possibly suffocating me. Another hand snaked around my waist and pulled my body against his to stop me from trying to break away.

"What the hell are you doing?" The question was muffled as my face was pushed into his wet chest.

"I told you to take it back, didn't I?"

"Are you insane? How hard did you hit your head when you were dropped as a kid? What if I was naked, asshole?"

"Sadly, you aren't. But if you take back what you said I might let you go."

I tried thrashing against his body to free myself, but my efforts were futile since he pulled me impossibly closer to him and held me tightly. Tightly enough for me to feel his abs and muscly chest under his wet shirt. 

"Fine, have it your way. I'm not going let you go until you take it back. You're going to get wet, and there won't be hot water for you to shower again."

He made my blood boil, "You're not a pervert. Can you let me go now?" I spat, seeing no other way out.

"Wait a second, let me soak up this moment." My anger reached a level I didn't know existed. I pushed against him as much as I could. One minute I was struggling, the next I was released and the bathroom door closed with a bang.

Oh, he messed with the wrong person.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

Straight To You De cammie_grace

Ficção Adolescente

332K 11.8K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...
200K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
Will he De tanz

Ficção Adolescente

12.1K 272 46
Let's face it, We all have that one person who we secretly love, the person who's never going to know how much you care about them. The person who w...
Besties Never Lie ♥ De Diya<3

Ficção Adolescente

6.6K 1.3K 72
"I..." "Stop it!" he shouts, stopping me in mid sentence "I hate you." "B-But why? Why do you hate me?" "Oh! You know the reason." "If I would've...