The Other Side Of Friendship

By AjKichu

An unexpected turn of events led to the separation of three Bestfriends: Mew, Gulf and Alexis. When they get... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Apology
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 17

912 57 26
By AjKichu

It took around two hours for us to reach the destination. The sea side had been the  most beautiful scenery we had in and around the town and I had good memories there as kids.

''Here we are.'' said Alexis and Jared parked the car in the sand.

The sun was hot already and the reflection of the sun on the river sparkled as the waves danced calmly above its sea body. The wind was warm,friendly and graceful.
The place had no people around but the empty sea stretched for miles and noises failed to disturbed the place. The sound of the rushing of the waves had been the only sound that was heard and it was melodious.

''This is beautiful.'' Jared gasped at the scene and got out of the car while I followed them.

Soon, Gulf and Mandy's car pulled up.

''God, this feels good.'' Alexis said stretching her arms and inhaled the scent of the shore as the waves collided against the other roll of the wave.

''It had always been this good.'' I said looking around the landscape feeling the heat from the sand as it seemed to twinkle under the sun light.

''Lord Heaven, this is amazing.'' Mandy joined beside me followed by Gulf while Jared kept himself busy with his camera.

''Just like old times huh?'' Gulf popped in between Alexis and I and put his arms around our shoulders.

''Just like old times.'' Alexis murmured while my heart fluttered with immense joy. I felt as though I had finally found the missing piece to my heart.

''God, the three of you look good.'' Jared shouted from the  side and clicked a photos of us. None of us pulled away but remained still with smiles lingering in our faces. Maybe, it was all we needed.

We unpacked our stuffs and set up tents in the hope to rest and fill our empty stomach.

''Are you girls gonna be okay? Mew and I have to go find some woods.'' Gulf suggested while Jared decided he'd join us too.

''So, what's the project that brought you here?'' I asked Jared.

''I needed to know about the sediments deposited here, besides, Alexis was eager to help.''

''Well that's lucky.''

''So, I don't know whether I am in the right position to ask this or not but is everything alright between you guys now?'' Jared carefully asked and it astounded me for a while because I was not expecting it. ''She called me up three or four nights ago and she sounded really bad.''

''Yeah, it's all fine now'' I said gazing at Gulf whose face turned red and showed discomforts.

''I'm glad you guys made up.'' said Jared as we finally came across a dead wood.

"So, Jared, how did you and Alexis meet?'' Gulf asked next diverting the tension.

''Well, we share the same class.'' He said behind giggles.

''Ah, How long has it been?'' I asked.

''five months.''

We indulged into a good conversation and finally returned ourselves with piles of small woods in our hands.

We decided to start cooking the meal by noon thereby, we all could move back by seven.

A little later, we played in the water by chaising and dragging everone into the river and making sure each of us fall deeper into the river.

Mandy and Alex did not show any possessiveness towards their boyfriends but made sure that we all had a great time together.

When the sun set, our stomach were full. Slowly, the Starlights began to twinkle up in the sky when we made a bon fire to light the dark. The night was calm, serene and peaceful and the people I was with, made it perfect.

Gulf and Jared  began to open the beer canes and started consuming even before I could take myself a sip.

Jared had cutely cuddled Alexis  while Gulf's arms were wrapped around Mandy's waist tightly and the two couples looked really cute. I felt awkward when I realised how single I was.

''It would've been great if Mew had someone beside him.'' Jared finally drove his conversation towards me, making me the centre of attention while I blushed awkwardly.

I  felt the stares that penetrated inside me and it suffocated me pretty well, but, I managed to smile back.

''Well he's just surviving over a break up.'' chimed in Mandy which had been the last thing I wanted to talked about. ''He just broke up three weeks ago.'' continued Mandy looking at me.

An awkward silence followed.

''Wait what? Stella was not old story?'' Alexis freaked out.

''Stella? No, I was talking about Liam'' Mandy said, pretty clueless that all of those were my innermost secrets. Yes! I identify myself as bisexual and when Liam McCaulister flirted with me, unable to resist his good looks, I gave in.

''What??'' Gulf's surprised voice daunted the shore and his eyes locked with mine in utmost shock.

Liam McCaulister was Gulf's closest friend's, Jason's big brother. He was a well-known gay in the college and was also my ex- boyfriend. It was apparent that Gulf was clueless about us. I could tell by the way he looked at me as if I was a ghost.

It was true, it was a secret relationship between Liam and I. I thought Liam would zip it up but apparently, Mandy was well aware.

''You're gay?'' Jared asked with his heavy tongue which was a proof that the eight Percent alcohol was deliberately making him loss his mind.

''I'm not sure I am.'' I said struggling to find a proper answer and hating the way I was outed. I wasn't even sure of my feelings, hence, I was keeping it all to myself.

I did  crushed on Liam, big time, who supposedly had been checking me out for the past five months or so. I wanted to explore myself and discover myself hence I went out with him for a couple of dates, although feelings died down there.

Things went smooth for the first three months but I did not found the spark later. It was strange because I did not feel him even though he had his hands around me. I was emotionally dead and it was when I realize it was not fair to him. Hence, we broke up just before we had our vacation that way, we could move on during the holidays.

''How many guys have you dated so far?'' came Gulf's next question and he sounded furious.

''I don't think it's the right time to talk about this now.'' I sniggered showing my reluctancy.

''I would love to know.'' Alexis' mild voice came along teasingly.

''oh my god, Mew, Derek used to hit on you too right?'' Mandy dropped another bomb from my past and it worsened the situation.

''What??'' Gulf's jaw dropped again and I understood what he had been thinking about me.

''Ah, yeah, Mandy...can we stop? This is awkward.'' I suggested as blushes burned deeply in my cheeks.

''I hate to say this but i dated him too, '' Mandy began and her drunken state turned much worse '' God, his awful kisses. I'm glad you didn't went out with him.''

''Geez, Mandy!'' Gulf and Alexis stopped her.

'' But seriously, ask Mew...he must have hated his kisses.I am honest here. Gulf kisses me best.'' rampled Mandy  hiding her face at the crook of Gulf's neck.

''Baby?'' It was Jared's sleepy voice and he did not look too well either. His head was resting against Alexis' shoulder, his eyes narrowed as if he could not open it any longer. ''I think I wanna throw up.'' The moment he said, Alexis quickly stood up and gently held his hand and took him towards the sea.

''I need to pee too.'' within a blink, Mandy broke herself free from Gulf and stood up.

''Are you okay, baby?'' Gulf asked worriedly and stood alongside her.

''I'm fine. I'll be back now.'' She took off alone towards Alexis and Jared.

Taking a deep sigh, Gulf sat back in my opposite direction with only the fire separating us.

''I hope she is okay.'' I said looking at Mandy who had stopped beside Alexis and Jared while Jared began to throw up in the sea.

''She should be fine.'' Gulf said which threw my attention back at him. He looked strangely at me and the look he gave was unusual. I stared at him wondering at the unusual situation, hoping the alcohol had not fuse his mind.

''I cannot believe you dated Liam.'' He said firmly, breaking the silence with pure disappointment in his face. His body language looked as though he was  disappointed in me.

I stammered to say anything.

''He's my best friend's brother.'' Gulf smeared without taking his eyes off of me but shaking his head unconditionally.

''Alexis and I are your bestfriend.'' I corrected.

''And that's what's surprising. You're my bestfriend and I had no idea about this? Wow.'' He snapped at me with mere sarcasm while running his hands through his front hair and began to chuckle sarcastically.

''You never ask.'' I snap back at him while he continued his sarcastic laughs and it annoyed me deeply.

'' God, I know with what kind of men Liam go out with, I cannot believe you were among those men that dated him.'' Gulf said and honestly it hurt.

''What do you mean, Gulf?'' I asked sounding a bit harsh.

''I thought you were different but you are just like everyone else huh.'' He bitterly cussed at me and I wondered what he meant.

Was he mad at me for dating Liam or for not telling him?

''Where are you going with this Gulf?'' I asked irritated as the agitated tone blurred out from my mouth.

He sighed out shabbishly and it went to my head.

''Gulf. Stop it!'' I shouted

''I cannot believe you're my bestfriend! You're so easy, aren't you? .''

''what the fuck is your problem Gulf! You cannot judge me for dating someone.''

''Yes I can.''

''No you cannot!''

Finally I was screaming my lungs out. I had never been hurt by anyone as Gulf's words was hurting me at the moment. He was so rude and insensitive.

''What the fuck do you know about me?'' I shouted at him as tears brimmed in my eyes.

Soon,  Alexis, Jared and Mandy joined us with horrors on their face gasping for air loudly.

''What's going on?'' Alexis chimed in desperately.

''We just left you guys alone for two minutes.'' Mandy added.

I did not even understand what was going on.

''Mew'' Alexis called my name  out softly and stood beside me and only then I realize, tears have slowly began to roll down.

I did not understand why I was acting so weak at the moment; perhaps the accusation from someone you cared the most hurted unprecedentedly.

''What's going on Gulf?'' asked Alexis

''He's just over reacting.'' said Gulf driving his head away from me as if he hated me with all his guts. I could not consume all of it with a smile anymore and I did not had the passion.

It had been too long since I have done everything in favor of Gulf. I have been living the way he wanted me to, by never demanding his time and by never judging him.

He thinks he is been perfect all the time but he was wrong. He had always been wrong and the fact that he had no idea about it, hovered my anger.

''I'm sick and tired of trying to be your friend, Gulf! I thought you grew up but you're nothing but an asshole.'' I snapped back harshly at him and I did not regretted this time.

He fixed his eyes back at me and stared at me in amazement. A heavy silence began and everyone looked doomed.

''I wanna go home, Alex. I am sorry.''
She nodded quietly without a complain.

''Let's pack up, Gulf.'' Alexis gently suggested but Gulf hardly moved. ''Get in the car, Mew'' Softly she whispered into my ear as  she moved towards the place where we had kept our stuffs.

''Come along, mate'' Jared swang his arms around my shoulder and pushed me towards the car, struggling to balanced his drunk body.

''Gulf, Let's go.'' I heard Mandy's terrified voice.

I never thought, Gulf would ever look down at me. I never had a problem with the way he treated me but I never thought he would judge and accuse me. Was it because I happened to like Men?

I always thought bestfriends were suppose to be there for each other no matter how much pain or shame, one would face. And I thought he regarded the same but I had been wrong all along. He took me and my friendship for granted and it had always been me who  have been trying to see the good things in the dead friendship we had.

The way Alexis treated me was how bestfriends treated one another or how friends treated one another. She respected me, cared about me and made sure I was happy. But Gulf never did that.

He knew that I would be there for him no matter what, he knew that I would always smile at him, he knew that I would always laugh at his silly humours and he knew that I would give everything for his happiness. Hence, he took the better advantage of me. He failed to notice that I had a life,  that I had fears, that I had Problems, that I had pain and that I had a heart. He thought he could tell me or call me everything and I would always smile, but it had been too long; too hard and I did not had it in me to bear it anymore. I was done with him.

Note:

Kindly excuse the errors 😆

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.6K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
605K 13.6K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
759K 25.2K 39
The childish Gulf Kanawut is secretly married to the famous and cold, University heartthrob, Mew Suppasit. Enjoy Reading! ❤ 🌞🌻 (⚠️ Mpreg) Started:...
667K 40.8K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...