The Other Side Of Friendship

By AjKichu

An unexpected turn of events led to the separation of three Bestfriends: Mew, Gulf and Alexis. When they get... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Apology
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 16

958 57 8
By AjKichu

It was still dark when my alarm began to rang at four thirty. I had never been an early riser but the thought of starting ''Summer'' all over again shoot down comfortably to my mind and body. Hence, I left the bed early.

I ran in and out of the washroom, trying to get myself friendly with the water while I alarmed myself not to forget things that could become handy during the trip.

Alex told me to meet her up at her place at seven because by nine, we must be at the airport picking Jared.

The thought of Jared intrigued me. He was going to be in the sea side as his summer project demanded it. And to what Alex told me, he was a confident man, someone I can never be.  And I smiled realizing, someone like Alex deserve the best and not an arse or a spineless person like myself.

However, I was a little jealous. The thought of Alex with another man was somehow disturbing but I did not have answers to it. Besides, Mandy and Gulf was going to be there to occupy me although I probably was going to be the only one without a partner.

I rushed down to the kitchen and started packing some snacks and filled my empty stomach simultaneously. Then I ran up to my room, packed a short and sleveless vest for exposing myself to the sun and water.

I slipped into a pair of half pants, a cotton stripped buttoned shirt exposing my upper chest and a cool black converse. I spend a little more time doing My hair and massaging my whole face and body with some sunscreen  to protect myself from sunburn.

Meanwhile, Alexis called me up inquiring about my readiness and just as I was about to hit, mum stopped me.
''Where you headed to?'' She asked wondering at me, yawning.

''Alexis thought it'd be cool to visit the sea side just like old times.'' I said.

''Well, did you pack everything okay then?''

''Yeah. I'm good to go. I'll see you tonight.''

''Alright... Have fun. Make sure to call.''

''No worries. Bye. I love you mom.''I went in for a hug and kissed her on her cheeks and dashed off. I was satisfied to have such a supportive family.

In my way, I called Gulf just to know that he was already at Alexis' which was kinda weird but I was glad to know that each of us was taking this new beginning of our friendship seriously.

''What about Mandy?'' I asked.

''She's here too.'' came Gulf's response which was rather unbelievable but I was right, this was the new chapter to our friendship.

However I wondered whether Mr & Mrs. Lexis will willingly forget all those emotional abuse they went through because of Mandy's father. I also wondered whether Alexis really could move on from her past.

And then a sudden realization hit me. Although I had been pretending to have forgiven , forgotten and moved on, the truth was, I no longer felt important and special to the Kanawut and Lexis' families including Gulf and Alexis.

No matter how much I wanted, I realized there was no way that I, Mew Suppasit  can be the only person  who can have free access to the two most beautiful person. I realize they will have to move on with their own girlfriends and boyfriends, and the family will have to share the love with their in laws. And I, in the end will just be a friend from the past. It hurted a little.

''Mew'' Mrs. Lexis answered my knock on the door and she looked relieved, meeting my face. ''Everyone's here.'' she gasped making me walked in through the open door. She looked uncomfortable but I could tell I was not the reason.

''Is everything alright Mrs Halden?'' I cautiously asked trying to read her facial expression.

''fine. They are upstairs.'' said she as she disappeared into their room. I bewildered.

I ran up to Alexis' room and notice Mandy and Gulf were inside in Alexis' place. It stroke a pain in my chest as somehow, I felt it should have been me in Alexis' room and not Mandy but I let the thought disappear.

I knocked on the door and soon the door opened wide along with a smirky Gulf's face.

''You're late.'' Gulf teased winking at me.

''Shut up.'' I snapped walking inside while Alexis who was on the floor ,looked up at me with a cute smile.

My heart fluttered watching that face of hers and totally forgot Mandy's presence until she greeted me from the side of the room.

''I didn't know you were here.'' I lied smiling at her.

''Well Mandy's been helping me in picking my swimsuits.'' warmly Alexis added unzipping a ruck sack which had been properly packed. ''You should check out too.'' She added.

I did not understand how but my whole mood changed when I learnt that Mandy helped Alexis. I did not have a problem when she took my Gulf away but the idea that she could soon take Alexis away daunted me.

''You need to stop unpacking, Lex. It's not necessary.'' I said pretending to laugh. Maybe, I was glad that she, at least acknowledged my decisions regarding her dresses.

''I wanted you to check them out too. I wanna wear something good for Jared". She said giggling.

''Believe me, it'll be better than ''Good'' because Mandy picked it.'' I said trying to flatter Mandy hoping that If I get used to her, things would be cool between us.

''Really, Mew?.'' Gulf chimed in from behind

''You've no idea how nice our Mew has become.'' Alexis said lifting her eyes up at me and winked.

''You might want to stop flirting, Mew. Her boyfriend's going to be here soon.'' Gulf whispered at me messing my hair up which made me hit his arms.

''Speaking of which, Gulf is right. It's about time we leave.'' Suggested Mandy putting her palms on Gulf's shoulder as if she was marking him hers.

We bade bye to Mrs. Lexis and took Alexis' father's car for the trip

I sat down behind the driving wheel, while she sat next to me. She then took a pair of eye glasses and put it on me.

''Is this really necessary?'' I asked laughing.

''It keeps the sun away.'' She answered easefully while I got busy with the hand brake and in accelerating the engine.

''I thought Gulf and Mandy were coming.'' I said as the two didn't even show up.

''They are...in Mandy's car. Gulf's driving.''

''What!'' My jaw dropped  because he was still underage. I looked behind us and saw Gulf behind a Camero which was Mandy's car and beside him was Mandy.

''I did not know he drives!'' I exclaimed loudly looking at Gulf who actually heard it and returned me a sly smile. ''I don't know shit about this boy.'' I turned my head towards the rear view mirror and cussed out while she giggled softly looking at me.

It was not fair how Mandy knew almost everything about Gulf and I did not.
''The pain will pass soon.'' Alexis smeared at me  and I wondered what it meant. Sometimes she joke around like a forty year old.

Our ride began with Alexis and I leading the path.

''Its a beautiful day.'' taking a deep healthy breathe she commented and I agreed.

''I cannot wait to meet Jared.''

''I'm afraid you might not like him'' she cooed and When I turned to looked at her in the hope of protesting, her beauty stopped me.

The slight gentle smile across her face, the Gucci sun glasses covering her chocolate brown eyes giving access only to her eyebrows, her golden brown skin that sparkled under the sun, all looked too much appealing for me at once and my heart raced faster. I felt a tingle in my stomach and it seemed like it was hurting me but was filled with pleasure. It had been the most complicated feeling I felt in years.

''You okay?'' Alexis' voice came again and it began to sound like music in my ears.

''I am.'' I answered unsure of what had been happening and cleared my throat.

''You look more nervous than me.'' She said jokingly turning her head at me and then back to the road.

''I'm thinking about how to make him comfortable..not that he needs it because you're there but you know..''

''That's so cool of you Mew. Yes, he needs you.''

A part of me was happy with her response but soon 'jealousy' kicked in.

It was not just  Jared but even Mandy as well. I felt like an outcast, an outsider and realizing that I was about to be the only single present there, awkwardness was all I could imagine.

I did not even manage to carry out a fluent conversation with her and the day's conversation filled in with ''What?'' and ''Sorry''. My head was heavy but excited; my heart was troubled but happy  and I did not understand any of the mixed emotions I was going through.

I felt like I escape death when we parked the car outside the airport and stepped outside and waited for Gulf's car to be parked beside us.

''Is he here yet?'' asked Gulf joining us.

''He should be.'' Alexis stared down at her wrist watch as we entered the glass door leading to the airport.

'Airport'  made me remember the day Gulf and I came to pick Alexis and how so much happened within just a week. It also reminded me that Alexis was leaving soon and therefore, I decided to seize the moment.

'Mew, have you ever seen Jared?'' surprisingly Mandy joined me while maintaining my speed.

''Not really but I'm excited.'' I replied

''I'm nervous.'' She tittered

''Why?''

''Just scared that he might not like me.'' said Mandy and it shot a chill through out my spine. Mandy and nervous? It did not made sense. How was Mandy being this honest with me? My head screamed.

''I am certain he'll like you.'' I comforted her because deep down somewhere I realized she was as insecure as I was.

I was standing beside Alexis listening to the lady computer as she talked about departure and arrival of the plane when suddenly, I saw Alexis grinning at someone and when my eyes followed her gaze, I saw a man who looked like he could be Jared.

He was tall, thin,blonde and good-looking. His smile across his oval face and the way he waved at Alexis were all signs of healthy relationship.

Soon Alexis was under his embrace.

''Nice to see you, Jared. I'm Mew.'' I shook his hands

"Heard a lot about you from Alex. Nice to see you " He said politely,.

''You must be Gulf.'' He said turning his head to Gulf and Mandy who were beside us.

''Nice to see you Jared'' calmly Gulf reacted shaking his hand firmly and added ''she is Mandy.''

''Jared...You have such a nice name.'' Mandy said

''Thank you. You look great together.'' complimented Jared which I bothered less. ''I really missed you baby.'' finally Jared was back in Alexis arms.

''I missed you too.'' Alexis answered as Jared pressed his lips on her forehead.

''Jealous?'' Gulf  poked right into my ribs making me jump in frustration.

''You suck Gulf!'' I shouted at him while he continued to grin with his hands holding Mandy's hands who looked at me with a smile.

I had been too lost to read whether that smile was a disappointing smile or a friendly genuine smile.

''Okay so, we have two cars now. Mew, you still sharing with me and Jared?'' asked Alexis the moment we stepped outside and the sun welcomed us back.

''Ofcourse, Mew can sit with us.'' Jared answered quickly

''You okay with this Mew?'' Gulf asked, concerned.

''You can sit with us too Mew..incase you're uncomfortable.'' Mandy chimed in.

Jared, despite his positive traits, I feel like I needed some more time to get use to such friendly nature.

''That's thoughtful you guys but I'll have to show Jared around anyway.''

''Just in case, you can always swipe cars.'' Gulf suggested patting on my shoulder before he left for his car. I wondered what made Gulf so concern about me.

Note:

Not edited. Kindly excuse the errors 🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3M 169K 45
"Everyone knew she was his." ~ Ava and Lucas have been best friends since Lucas saw Ava at the playground when she was 4 years old. She is inn...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
2.3M 69.3K 36
Amara Park : Independent small bakery owner. She is obsessed with watching movies and TV shows. She can't go a day without some chicken nuggets. She'...
594K 13.3K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.