Cold Water

By Cheppakkarla

When two people with different personalities are forced to be together. It is not an easy thing, but it is n... More

Part 00 - Summary
Part 01 - First Impression
Character Introduction
Part 02 - Meet With Rival
Part 03 - Something Wrong
Part 04 - Bowl of Soup
Part 05 - That's strange
Part 06 - Little thing called Happiness
Part 07 - Not Sleeping Beauty
Part 08 - Realized
Part 09 - Investigation 1
Part 10 - Investigation 2
Part 11 - Investigation 3
Part 12 - Lost in The Woods 1
Part 13 - Lost in The Woods 2
Part 14 - Something (not) Good
Part 15 - Smile on Your Face
Part 16 - Sweet Memories
Part 17 - Dinner

Part 18 - Nightmare

3.5K 168 60
By Cheppakkarla

°

🚨 Trigger Warning 🚨

This chapter contains violence towards and by children. So please proceed with caution.

I'll give a brief summary of what happened, so feel free to just skip the italic script and read the summary in Bold. 😇😇

°

Zhan walked alone in the dark. He could not remember why he had ended up in this dark place, without the slightest light shining.

He tried to walk using his instincts, when a child's voice was running towards him from behind while carrying a flashlight that was lit in his grasp.

Zhan tried to call out, but the little boy just passed by him, as if unaware of his presence. Even though the surroundings were quite dark, Zhan was able to see how his face and expression were quite clear. The child looked scared as if he was being chased by something. And just as he expected, behind him, was running a man with a knife in his hand.

That person intends evil. Zhan is sure of that. So following his instincts, he tried to block the man intending to stop him from chasing after the child, but once again the person seemed not to see the presence of him as if he was invisible.

Zhan was quite confused by what had happened, until he saw another child who was bigger than the boy running while carrying a cricket stump chasing after the boy and the man.

Zhan knew who that child was, that was him!!

Himself, when he was 13 years old!!!

When he saw himself as a child, Zhan wanted to chase to know where he was running. Just then, a sharp light blinded his eyes. When Zhan opened his eyes he realized he was in an unfamiliar place but he felt he had seen it. He turned his gaze and found a woman tied on a bed unconscious. Even though Zhan hasn't seen her in a long time, he remembers who she is. She is the biological mother of Yibo, the first wife of Mr. Wang!

Zhan knows where he is right now, though he isn't quite sure. Now he is in his memory or even a dream. He averted his gaze from Mrs. Wang when the door next to him was deliberately broken down and at that moment came the man who was chasing the little boy, who Zhan was quite sure, was Yibo.

"Let go, I want my mom" Yibo shouted while struggling in the man's arms. The man carried Yibo on his shoulder with Yibo's hands and feet bound.

Zhan knew he could only be silent at what he is seeing, as this was only a memory. But he did not stop to observe each and every detail of what's happening.

The man slammed Yibo's body on the bed so hard that it produced a loud sound. Zhan could see Yibo cringe in pain. He felt weak and useless because he could not do anything.

"Release me and my mother, otherwise I will report to father and you will go to jail" Little Yibo shouted despite being in pain.

The man burst into laughter after hearing the words of little Yibo.

That person faced the door right where Zhan was standing. He hopes he can see who that man was.

Damn, he was wearing a mask.

"Even before your father come, you might not be in this world, sweet boy," said the man, holding Yibo's chin roughly.

Little Yibo spit on the man right in his face, making him wrench in anger. His face immediately hardened.

"You don't know how lucky you are. I should have killed you a long time ago if it wasn't for the boss's orders," the man slapped little Yibo's face slamming him to the ground. Little Yibo was knocked unconscious right then and there.

Zhan approached the man hoping he could do something for little Yibo who was unconscious there. And right at that moment a child, who was none other than his younger self, entered the room while carrying the stump that he had brought, but now the end of it was dripping blood.

Zhan held his head in pain, he did not remember what he had done in his childhood to make the stump become full of blood. But he didn't want to think too much about it as the pain in his head began to subside and he heard his younger self.

"Yibo!! What did you do to my Yibo?" Little Zhan shouted at the masked man when he saw little Yibo unconscious. Adult Zhan was quite surprised by what little Zhan said, how at that young age he could claim someone so easily!! But he was quite happy, at least his younger self could help little Yibo, who was in trouble.

"You don't need to interfere in something that doesn't concern you little boy! How the hell did you deal with all the men who are on guard? Looks like you're quite something" The masked man smirked as he approached little Zhan, while little Zhan looked more alert.

"No need to say much, I'll beat you up for hurting my Yibo" Little Zhan growled pointing the stump in his hands quite skillfully.

The masked man was not sufficiently alert to the attack from little Zhan and his face was hit by the stump tearing the mask he was wearing and making a 5cm long cut along the eyebrows and his left eye. Even so the mask he was wearing was not fully open, making both Zhan huff in annoyance.

That aside, the two Zhan were quite happy because they had hurt the man, who hurt his Yibo, enough to make him scream in pain while holding his eyes.

"Damn you," shouted the man, trying to attack little Zhan, but as fast as a small tornado, Zhan hit him on the knee until he fell down in pain and seizing that moment, he immediately stabbed the man's thigh with his stump making the man let out a shrill cry.

Adult Zhan, who saw that shuddered in horror that the little boy who had just injured the man was his younger self. He can't remember why he could be that cruel. He indeed followed the martial arts, that too of a pro level!! Even so, certainly his younger self was very rigid and impatient.

Adult Zhan looked back at little Zhan who knocked the man behind his head. After making sure the man passed out, little Zhan approached little Yibo and untied Yibo's legs and arms. Then he untied Mrs. Wang.

"Ma'am, wake up" little Zhan tried to wake Mrs. Wang but she never woke up. Finally, he decided to save little Yibo first and carried him on his back.

"Mom, I want my mom Gege" Little Yibo woke up and tried to go down from the arms of Zhan.

"Gege has called your father Didi, the most important thing is we have to escape first," Little Zhan tried to convince.

"But Gege .." Little Yibo looked worried.

"Believe me," Little Zhan patted his shoulder and little Yibo nodded.

Little Zhan and little Yibo came out of the room, while adult Zhan followed them.

Little Zhan's instinct tensed as there are more guards on the floor now than he first entered.

"What's the matter, Gege?"

"It's okay, Didi's father must be close. Surely Didi's father will save us and Didi's mother," Little Zhan lied, not wanting to panic him. Little Yibo nodded as he tightened his arms around little Zhan.

Even though little Zhan was as alert as he can and moved cautiously, still some guards found their presence. He was too tensed to realize that someone was standing behind him.

"Hand the child over," growled one of the burly guards approaching little Zhan. His body size is 3 times bigger than little Zhan.

"No" Little Zhan tried to run, but someone hit him behind his neck so hard that he collapses for a moment. Making Yibo who was clinging him fall down too.

"Gege, wake up, gege" Little Yibo cried while shaking little Zhan's body hoping he would wake up.

| Zhan saw a little boy being chased by someone and tried to stop them, but they don't even notice him. After seeing his younger self, Zhan realized he was in a dream, revisiting his lost memories. He decided follow them to know when they were going. He felt a flash in his eyes and the scene changed to a room where Yibo's mother was tied on a bed unconscious and little Yibo was carried there with his hands and legs bound.

There entered little Zhan with a stick, who beat up all the goons outside and demanded the masked man to release little Yibo and his mother. The masked man threatened him making little Yibo spit on his face which enraged him and slapped little Yibo till he fell unconscious. Seeing this, little Zhan beat up the masked man making a scar on his eye and broke his leg. Then he knocked out the man.

Little Zhan tried to wake up Yibo's mother but hearing the goons coming, they tried to escape first hoping Yibo's father would bring help soon. But unfortunately the goons found them and knocked Zhan unconscious. |

Zhan who saw it could do nothing but hope Yibo's father would come soon. But when he saw his small body being carried by the guards while Yibo was carried by force to make Zhan almost desperate. Right after the guards brought little Yibo and himself to the room earlier, Zhan felt someone calling his name.

°

°

°

"Gege, wake up" The voice was louder. Zhan felt familiar with that voice.

"Zhan ge.. Gege.." That was Yibo's voice.

"Gege.."

Zhan opened his eyes to see Yibo who was looking at him worriedly.

"What's wrong?" Zhan asked as he looked at Yibo's expression.

"That's my question, did you have a bad dream?" Yibo asked. Zhan thought about the memories which he saw in his dream.

"I'm fine. I just got a few memories back when I was sleeping" said Zhan, as he sat up.

"Are you sure it's okay?" Yibo asked doubtfully.

"Come here" Zhan pulled Yibo to sit next to him.

The two of them are in one of the guest rooms in Yibo's house. Zhan decided to stay at Yibo's house because it was too late when he finished talking to Yibo's father, of course the idea of staying overnight was not Zhan's but rather Yibo's.

Yibo sat with his legs criss crossed in front of Zhan.

" Why have not you fallen asleep yet?" Zhan asked.

"I can't sleep. I forgot to bring my sleeping pills. I was thirsty and went to drink water in the kitchen but when I hear the gurgling sounds from gege's room, I came here immediately" Said Yibo.

Zhan smiled and stared at Yibo in silence. Then he remembered how the little Yibo was slapped by the masked man.

"Can I touch your face?" Zhan asked expressionlessly.

A red tinge appeared on Yibo's cheek, but due to the lack of light, Zhan didn't notice. Yibo nodded slowly.

"I have to find the person who hurt you,"

Zhan cupped Yibo's cheeks with both hands, stroking his cheek with his thumb gently, making Yibo involuntarily close his eyes.

"Uh??" Yibo knitted his brows in confusion.

"Is your wound the result of the kidnapping?" Zhan asked.

Yibo's smile immediately faded.

"They are not human" Zhan gritted his teeth, clenching Yibo's hand.

"I think my injuries are nothing compared to the pain when I see you conscious but not remember me at all." Yibo bit his lower lip keeping his head down.

"I'm sorry," Zhan said sadly.

"It is not your fault, don't apologize. I should be the one apologizing for involving gege in my family's affairs. Maybe we should never have met each other.."

"..If I didn't know you," Zhan cut his words, "Maybe I would never be who I am now and never regret what happened"

"Thank you"

"I don't understand why I suddenly forgot all things related to you!!"

"No problem, I will help you remember" Yibo said with a smile.

"May I ask something?"

Yibo nodded.

"What did you do when you found out I lost my memories? Why didn't you tell me who you were but instead left all this time?"

"I'm sorry.. After that incident my father sent me to school in Korea for my safety, then I decided to take military school. And remember that case which was transferred to me that made you angry at me? I returned right before that.." said Yibo. "And for some reason, it just so happened that you were incharge of that case."

"Did you ever hate me because of that incident? And when I bothered you with all my silly behavior?"

"No. I am more happy when gege notice me more than other people. Gege is the greatest person I have ever met, and I can't hate gege ever" Yibo said, looking down.

Zhan smiled, then ruffled Yibo's hair happily.

"Want to sleep together?" Zhan asked, making Yibo widen his eyes. Zhan chuckled knowing what was on Yibo's mind.

"Idiot, not that one. How dare I do it at someone else's..!!"

Yibo just looked down embarrassed at what he just thought.

"Come here quickly, your gege is already sleepy" Zhan patted the place next to him after he shifted his body to make room for Yibo.

Yibo laid on his back beside Zhan, while Zhan faced Yibo.

"Can I borrow your hand?" Zhan asked, but before Yibo answered, he grabbed the hand and put it on his chest. Making Yibo automatically turn, facing Zhan. While Zhan also slept facing Yibo.

Zhan closed his eyes first, followed by Yibo. Both of them smiled while hoping that they wouldn't hear each other's heartbeat beating harder than usual.

°

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

581K 35.3K 99
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
901K 41.4K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
404K 16.6K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
541K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.