The Devourer's Chosen: A God...

Par After_Hours_Writer

Left to die in the Ashlands by his boss, a 4th gen God Eater finds himself in an entirely foreign world after... Plus

Chapter One: The Demon's Chosen
Chapter Two: Guidance From an Apostle
Chapter Three: A Village's Fate
Chapter Four: To the Land of Riches
Chapter Five: To the Adventurer's Guild
Chapter Six: Heroes to be Reborn
Chapter Eight: Ashborn on the Loose

Chapter Seven: Uninvited Guest

291 12 2
Par After_Hours_Writer

Throne Room...
Muran Castle...
A Few Minutes Later...

In the luxuriously built throne room of the emperor, the four heroes that were summoned by the gods had left, guided by the captain of their respected knights to recieve basic combat training. Thus, this left only the emperor and a seemingly frail,  mysterious figure that stood behind him. As the heroes left, said figure stepped out from behind the throne. His long, fiery red hair waving subly behind him as the emperor looked back into his golden eyes.

Emperor Muran: I see great potential in three of the four heroes. What says you.... Lord Aries?

With an odd mixture of confidence and calmness, the figure asked him.

Aries: Three out of the four? That is a rather marvelous accomplishment coming from the emperor himself... but I must ask, which of the four was it that you seen was "lacking"?

Emperor Muran: The red-.

Emperor Muran: !

Realizing that the red head was the one his lord summoned, he began to immediately apologize.

Emperor Muran: I-I-I apologize, lord Aires!

The fire god himself cracked a devilish smile.

Emperor Muran: I just....

Aries: Did not expect such a person like him?

Emperor Muran: Y-Yes...

Aries: Such a young boy with that kind of knowledge of the new world without prior experience... I take it you were quite fond of the woman of color?

Emperor Muran: The soldier? Of course! She's...

The fire god's shoulders sagged down a bit out of disappointment upon hearing the emperor's response.

Aries: Go figure... That damn negro woman took away my second summon for one of her... freaks of nature.

The thought of Gabriella and Gemini in the same room further angered him in his mind.

Aries: And of course, she found one with a similar complexion. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if she's just taunting me?

Emperor Muran: Lord Aries...?

Lord Aries: Hmm?

Emperor Muran: Are you alright? You seem... down.

The god realized then that the emperor had noticed his change of mood, thanks entirely to the wind goddess. Immediately, in response, the fire god resumed his fascade of approval before fibbing.

Aries: It's nothing of interest... Though on the subject of the heroes, the one I've chosen will build up his strength like the others. Though the young girl is talented now, in time... she will fall behind without any blessings from her goddess.

Emperor Muran: I see...

Aries: Though I have a much better idea. Rather than watching her slowly grow, I'd much rather take her out of the picture altogether. The first trial for these heroes is usually an orc warlord invasion, but... I've already released a much more sinister beast.

The fire god began to chuckle as he relished in his thought.

Aries: One that even their kind fears.
__________________________________
A Few Hours Prior...
"The Bear's Den" Inn...
Lancaster's Western District....

The dimly lit torch of the planet's moon faded as it touched down the sky's horizon. And in it's place, the burning ball of gas that was their sun took over as light for a new dawn upon the land of the Muran Empire. And in a tiny building within the city of Lancaster, Satanael awoken from a long slumber alone in a barren wooden room, stretching his body around as he prepped himself for the start of a new day.

Dawning his clothes and grabbing his God Arc, young Satanael walked out of the room he was staying in and his way down a small flight of stairs. There, admist a similarly barren dining hall and lobby, an older, more mature woman dawning maid attire looked over at the young man as she gathered plates of food from behind a wooden counter in the dining hall.

Receptionist: Good morning, sir Satanael!

Satanael: Huh... She remembered.

The young man waved to her as he passed by.

Satanael: Morning...

Receptionist: Sir...

Satanael stopped and turned around as the receptionist held out a plate of food towards him.

Receptionist: The breakfast here is complementary after paying for your room. Would you like some?

Looking at the food, he was becoming enticed by the freshly cooked bacon and eggs, alongside the large serving of shredded potatoes that nearly covered the entire porcelain plate.

Receptionist: It's nothing like the other inn's cuisines, but-.

Satanael: Dear god, YES!

Satanael: Is... there a way that I may take this with me?

The woman pulled back the plate and transfered the contents of said food from the porcelain plate onto a wooden one.

Receptionist: Of course!

As she handed him the wooden plate of food, she advised.

Receptionist: Through, I wouldn't try eating it with your hands like a barbarian. You might get a splinter that way.

Satanael: I appreciate your concern, but screw the advice, I can't even afford a fork.

Taking the plate with one hand, Satanael pulled out a piece of paper from his jacket with the other and handed it to the receptionist.

Satanael: Thank you, and whenever you see Miss Violet, could you hand her this letter?

A bit intrigued, but maintaining her professional manner, the receptionist took the letter.

Receptionist: This child... Probably a love letter and what not, but... I digress.

Receptionist: I'll see to it that Miss Violet recieves it, personally.

Satanael: Thank you.

Receptionist: Have a nice day!

Satanael: You too, ma'am.

As Satanael left the inn towards the Adventurer's guild building, the receptionist grabbed another plate of breakfast and headed upstairs towards Violet's room, a room that sat across Satanael's when the two came into the inn. Knocking on the dense wooden door, the receptionist asked.

Receptionist: Miss Violet?

A bit of silence followed as she tried again.

Receptionist: Miss Violet, it's the den's maid. I've brought you breakfast and-.

*Creeeeeeek*

The door slowly began to open, as the young woman peeked her head out. Seeing the maid, Violet fully opened the door and apologized as she took the plate of food.

Violet: Sorry... I was getting changed and thought that buffoon was sneaking about.

Receptionist: Uh huh...

Receptionist: Speaking of him, he left you a letter.

Violet: Oh?

A plate in one hand, and the letter in the other, she opened it up, only to end up furious at the contents of said letter:
__________________________________

To Lady Violet,

IOU 12 Silver coins, lol.

Thanks for your c̶o̶n̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ bi̶t̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶e̶a̶r̶s̶  helpful advice. I am off to progress my career as an adventurer.

*Return this letter for your money back, void in most states....lel
___________________________________

Violet: SATANAEL, YOU SON OF A WHORE!

Meanwhile...
Near the Adventurer's Guild Building...

Along the empty streets of Lancaster's western district, Satanael munched down on his food with his hands, against the maid's advice. While fortunately, he ended up with no splinters as he tossed aside the wooden plate, the unfortunate sounds of an angry black girl echoed across the city as he reached the Adventurer's guild building.

???:....whore!....

Satanael: Hmm?

Turning his head back as he approached the door with grease covered hands, he muttered the obvious to himself before entering the building.

Satanael: Well... she's awake.

Upon entering, Satanael beared witness to... a barren guild lobby.

Satanael: The hell?

Proceeding through the lobby whilst cleaning his grease filled fingers with his mouth, Satanael noticed the lack of people throughout the entire morning as he approached the receptionist's counter, the same lady from yeaterday standing behind it with a confused look on her face.

Satanael: Hey! Umm.... I want to say Luna?

Lua: Lua.

Satanael: Dammit.... Is everyone still asleep, or what?

Lua: No. Everyone's out by the emperor's castle awaiting for the four heroes to come out of the castle gates.

Satanael: Whyyyyyyyyy?

Lua: It's a big tradition for the citizens to meet with their future saviors. I'm honestly surprised that you're not over there as many adventurers go down there to make teammates of the heroes.

Satanael: Eh, couldn't give more of a shit about them.

The receptionist expressed a bit of discomfort as he asked.

Satanael: What?

Satanael: If it's really that big of a deal, why arent you out there with them?

Lua: I'll...I'll see them eventually once they start their career as an adventurer.

Satanael: Ah.

Satanael: Fair point.

Glancing at the board beside them, filled with an assortment of colored paper, Satanael asked.

Satanael: So are these all assignment?

Lua: Oh! Yes...

She began to present the quest board.

Lua: This board will be where all our quests are located.

Satanael: Quests... god, this really is some fantasy bullshit.

Lua: There are an assortment of colors, each one representing the rank of said quest from white at rank F to yellow at A. Since you're starting out at rank F, you should be looking for either white or green colored paper. I strongly recommend that you do the white colored quests to get the rhythm down of being an adventurer.

Looking at the green and white papers, Satanael could only find fetcging and gathering assignments on both of them.

Satanael: Seems they're both the same kind of assignments, just with different payouts... wait...

Satanael: What about the S rank stuff?

The receptionist explained, though with a bit of skepticism.

Lua: There are only about 8 S rank adventurers in the entire world, so normally they'll just recieve their quests from the guild master himself.

Satanael: I see...

Lua: But... We encourage those who are avid about being an adventurer to aim high, but never to aim for the land of the gods...

Satanael: The land of the gods, you say?

Lua: Yes, but you should be-...

Phasing out Lua's advice, Satanael began to wonder more about the land of the gods.

Satanael: Is that a literal term, or is it figurative? It seems figurative, but maybe... How high up are they? And how is the land shared?

Looking back at the board, Satanael put aside his wonder as he pulled down several scraps of green paper, handing them to the receptionist as he stated.

Satanael: I'll take these at the moment.

The receptionist sighed in worry as she asked.

Lua: You didn't even pretend to listen, did you?

Satanael: Of course. If I'm going to aim for the land of the gods, then I may as well build a foundation before doing so...

Lua: ?

Satanael: Well.... I'll focus on the task at hand, rather than the one in the future.

Lua: I... Umm...

Lua: I got absolutely none of that... He might just be insane.

Lua: That aside, these quests are to gather thorneberries: a common plant used for our potions.

Satanael: Uh huh.

Lua: Since these are E ranked quests, you will be liable for payment, should you fail the deadline. In most cases, there are no deadlines, but for gathering quests like these, you have two weeks.

Satanael: !?

Lua: It's enough that even children could do them, if that says something about these quests. They're more of a formality than a quest to ensure that those who join are actually committed, rather than just leeches.

A bit of silence followed before Satanael responded.

Satanael: Yeeeaaah... I'll still take em.

Lua: Right.... You can take one of the papers with, since they show the berries you're looking for.

Satanael: I'll do just that.

Leaving all but one of the green papers on the desk, he began to make his leave before being interrupted by the receptionist.

Lua: I forgot to mention, if you do bring back more than the quest is asked for, or if you find something out there that you wish to sell, the guild will be happy to take it at market value.

Satanael: Well that's good to know.

With a wave of his hand, Satanael left the building and took off towards an area he had previously explored, a place that according to the paper was a common place to find thorneberries.

A Few Hours Later...
Northern Forests Entrance...

On the old dirt road that led into the Northern Forests from the Lancaster Plains, Satanael hummed a tune to himself in sincere melody as only the noise of nature filled the air. As he did just that for most of the way there, he was interrupted by a familiar voice as a slightly bigger wolf pup lept out from within his shadow.

Fenrir: I see you've been awake for a while now...

Satanael: I was wondering where the hell you were...

Satanael: And you're just waking up?

Fenrir: In your shadow, yes.

The young man muttered to himself.

Satanael: Good thing I assumed that...

Then he discussed the apostle's size.

Satanael: You've gotten fatter...

Fenrir: I've grown... Imbecile.

Satanael: You've grown rounder.

Fenrir: As most living land animals do, they increase their mass, whether it be fat or muscle.

Satanael: So fatter...

Fenrir: And the last I check, young one, you're still a twig.

Satanael: Oi!

Fenrir: That aside, it seems that Gemini's power has increased enough. Whether that is our doing or Titania's, I don't know. Perhaps a combined effort.

Satanael: Excuse me, but who's this "Titania"?

Fenrir: To you in the Ashlands, she is described as the queen of the faeries....

Fenrir: Oddly enough.

Fenrir: Much in the way that I'm described as the great devourer. Here, she is the other apostle of Gemini.

Satanael: ...you could've just said she was the other apostle.

Fenrir: Its called backstory, young one. You should perhaps look into it .

Satanael: Yeah, I'll do that once i find these plants.

Fenrir: Plants?

Satanael: Yeah, looking for.... I believe it's thorneberries, if that's how you say it?

Fenrir: Thornberries with, or without, the e?

Satanael: Uhh... fuck. The one that's used for potions..... or something.

Fenrir: Thorneberries, with an e, are pink and red berries used for the most basic healing elixirs, while thornberries, without an e, are used for mid-grade armor and mid-quality physical protection elixirs.

A bit of silence followed before Satanael responded with unease.

Satanael: Yeaaaah.... the former...

Fenrir: Then you're in luck. The Northern Forests are a prime blooming ground for the berries you're looking for.

Satanael: That's what the paper said as well.

Fenrir: Paper?

???: Hey!

Satanael and Fenrir: ?

From a small distance, a few figures dawning an assortment of leather and metal armor and short swords were seen on the dirt trail, limping slowly in pairs in their direction.

Satanael: Bandits?

Fenrir: No. Adventurers. Most likely a party of C-B ranks.

Satanael: !?

As the two passed by, they discovered that the group was covered in large scratches and bruises, many of whom with missing limbs as the few with all their limbs attached did their best to carry. Through the torn up clothing and bandages, blood poured down on them and the trail behind them as they expressed defeat and horror.

???: Go the other way, sir... It's... It's too dangerous back there.

???: Samuel...

???: ?

???: Jeremiah, he's...

???: Dammit...

Inspecting the group, alongside the trail, Satanael asked

Satanael: So what exactly happened to you lot?

A bit of silence soon followed.

Satanael: Well...?

Satanael: What? Did i offend you?

The man in a full set of steel armor, who was identified as Samuel, answered his question to the best of his knowledge.

Samuel: A large creature had ambushed us just after we had finished the dungeon in the area...

Satanael: Dungeons, of course... Of course there's fucking dungeons!!

Samuel: We were all in a celebratory mood. We were rich... and fat from the feast we had-.

Satanael: I don't care about what happened prior, or what mood you were in...

???: How dare yo-!

Satanael: Your friend's leg is bleeding on the dirt behind you, and that woman just passed out from lack of blood, so for both our sakes just get to the fucking point! What was it!?

Samuel: A large saber...

Satanael: Eh!?

Samuel: It was only a flash, but... I remember a large saber tooth tiger.

Satanael: ?

Samuel: But after that, something struck us all... Lightning, i believe.

Satanael: !

Satanael: Sounds awfully familiar.

Satanael: I see...

Gripping his God Arc, the young man continued onward, much to the other's horror, watching as the man walked beside the blood filled trail.

Samuel: The hell are you going!?

Satanael: To kill the stupid thing!

Samuel: But-!

???: Sam. Leave him... If the idiot wishes to die, that's his choice. We got bigger problems on us... literally.

As the group remained silent, Satanael was no longer within their sights.

Samuel: Right... Push forth if you can, everyone! If you need to rest, please do so in pairs. I'll see to it personally that we alert the guild of that monstrosity.

A Few Minutes Later...

Satanael: Fenrir.

Fenrir: Young one.

Satanael: Since people can be summoned here from other worlds, it wouldn't be far fetched to assume creatures can as well, right?

Fenrir: Indeed, it wouldn't. Your thoughts on the matter?

Satanael: What the man described was vague, but with your answer alongside it, I think I have an idea of the creature's identity.

Fenrir: Oh?

Satanael: Though why the hell would the wind goddess summon a Vajra is beyond me.

Fenrir: Ah. That thing...

Fenrir: It's doubtful that she would summon such a thing.

Satanael: How so?

Fenrir: The gods have an unofficial creed not to interfere in each other's respective planets.

Satanael: Unfortunately, rules ard usually made to be broken.

Fenrir: We'll see if that is the case.

*Fwo..*

Satanael: !

*Fwo...*
*Fwo...*

From all around, he could hear the faint sounds of a breeze as huge gusts of wind shook the trees around him.

Satanael: Something's here, thats fkr sure.

*Fwooom!*

Satanael: !

The sounds grew harsher, and yet... ut no longer sounded like wind, but of thrusters from the modern era.

*Fwooom!*

Satanael: The hell is it-?

*FWOOOOOM!*
...
...
...
...
*K-K-K-KRACK!*
*BOOOOM!*

Satanael: !!!

From his left side, a thunderous boom  exploded across the northern forests as several blue orbs zigzagged across the skies towards him. Seeing the orbs, Satanael jumped away from them as he pivoted himself towards the source of the noise. With each jump away, a blue orb would hit the ground where he once stood, joliting a small area of the forest with several hundred thousand volts of electricity before dissipating, electrocuting everything it touched. But as he jumped away from the orbs, a pair of them quickly homed in on him, causing to deploy his God Arc's towering shield.

Satanael: Fuuuuuck, shield!

His eye widened in shock as his God Arc was transforming to form the shield. As the two pieces were coming together, he noticed that the pair of orbs were not projectiles, but were instead the glowing eyes of the beast hunting him.

Satanael: WHAT!?

As the tower shield came together, the beast charged head first into it, launching the God Eater through several trees as he tumbled back into the Lancaster Plains.

Satanael: Oh, fuck me.... Something broke.

Coughing profusely as he slowly stood back up, the beast that had attacked him stood before him at the border between the forest and the plains, its thunderous aura surrounding him as if to challenge him to battle as he heldhis grip on his God Arc.

Fenrir: A few of your ribs have shattered, young one.

Satanael: Fenrir....

Fenrir: Ye-?

Satanael: WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THING!?

*R-R-RAAAAAAAAWWWWWRRR!*

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

237 1 109
a follow-up story of the overarching Stiera universe. set in a fictional universe where Quinn finds the demon whose escaped from stiera. Althought th...
113K 2.4K 69
Remnant, a world formed by 4 kingdoms after "The Great War" had happened in the past... Atlas, Vacuo, Mistral and Vale have their own perspective aca...
7.4K 409 11
"ɪ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ! ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴀʏ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴄᴏɢɴɪᴢᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴛ ғɪʀsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ᴀssᴜʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ, ɪᴛ's sᴛɪʟʟ ᴍᴇ." 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇, 𝐀 olden soul was transported into a oddly...
166K 1.5K 26
Y/N finds himself in a strange new world filled with Beastmen and dragons but no humans and everything looks like it's set in medieval times but thin...