The Professors (Reader x Char...

By lslytherinl

Y/n is a mutant with a bad history, but what happens when you make friends with a waitress and a professor ju... More

1.1 First Class
1.2 Moira
1.3 Erik
1.4 Cerebro
1.5 Recruiting
1.6 Russia
1.7 Home
1.8 Rage and Serenity
1.9 Powers
1.10 Changes
1.11 Cuba
1.12 I Love You
2.02 Prison Break
2.03 Charles?
2.04 Chess
2.05 Paris
2.06 Spine
2.07 DC
2.08 A Better Path
2.09 The School
2.10 Erik?
2.11 Nightmares
3.1 Apocalypse
3.2 Moira...again
3.3 You're Back
3.4 Stryker
3.5 Rescue Mission
3.6 Earlier in Cairo
3.7 The Fight
3.8 Abracadabra
Editing

2.01 Days of Future Past

5.2K 156 79
By lslytherinl

~3rd Person POV 11 years later~

Hank opens the front door to the Xavier mansion, which has not been knocked on for a while. "Can I help you?" A big man is standing at the door. He wears a leather jacket, smoking a cigar, and has extreme facial hair. His name is Logan, or in the future, known as Wolverine.

"Uh... Yeah, what happened to the school?" Logan asks.

"The school's been shut for years. Are you a parent?" Hank doesn't show Logan the inside of the mansion, he's speaking through a small crack in the door.

"I sure as hell hope not. Who are you?" Logan scoffs.

"I'm Hank. Hank McCoy. I look after the house now." Hank replies. Realization sets in Logan's face.

"You're Beast? Look at you. I guess you're a late bloomer." He chuckles.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but I'm gonna ask you to leave." Hank tried to shut the door.

"So where's the Professor?" Logan asks, pushing back against the door.

"There's no professor here." Hank responds.

"You're pretty strong for a scrawny kid. You sure there's not a little Beast in there?" Logan taunts.

"No, he's not here." Hank struggles.

"Come on, Beast. Come on, Beastie." Logan teases.

"No." Hank shouts, but gives way as Logan bursts through door. Logan finally manages to push through the door and enter the house. Logan pushes past Hank and enters the mansion. "Hey! Is said the school's closed. You need to leave." Hank advices.

"Not until I see the Professor." Logan argues.

Hank grabs Logan by his shoulder and turns him round. "There's no Professor here, I told you that."

"Look, kid. You and I gonna be good friends..." Suddenly Logan punches Hank in the face making him fall to the ground. Hank watches in pain as Logan goes to search for the Professor. "Professor" Hank begins to fume and transforms into the Beast.
"Professor!" Logan shouts, beginning to walk down the hallways. Hank in his Beat form attacks Logan and throws him down the stairs, he hangs on the chandelier ready to strike Logan when they are interrupted by Charles Xavier.

"Hank? What's going on here?" Charles walks down the stairs with a scotch in hand, in his nightgown. His hair is a mess, he looks very disheveled, like he's let go of himself.

"Professor?" Logan questions.

"Please don't call me that." Charles responds.

"Why? You know this guy?" Hank hangs from the chandelier, confused.

"Yeah, he looks sightly familiar. Get off the bloody chandelier, Hank." Charles demands.

"You can walk?" Logan gasps.

"You're a perceptive one." Charles downs his drink and continues past Logan.

"I thought Erik..." Logan trails.

Except Charles completely ignores him. "Which makes it slightly perplexing that you missed our sign on the way in. This is private property, my friend. I'm gonna have to ask him to ask you to leave."

"Well. I'm afraid I can't do that... because I was sent here for you." Logan begins.

"Well, tell whoever it was sent you that I'm busy." Charles pours himself another glass of scotch.

"That's gonna be a little tricky... because the person who sent me was you." Logan mutters.

"What?" Charles asks.

"About 50 years from now." Logan responds.

"Like in the future, 50 years from now?" Charles laughs. "I sent you from the future? Piss off." He downs another glass.

"If you had your powers, you'd know I was telling the truth." Logan defends.

"How do you know I don't have p... Who are you? Are you CIA?" Charles stops what he's doing. "You've been watching me?" He asks.

"I know you, Charles. We've been friends for years. I know your powers came when you were 9. I know you thought you were going crazy when it started... all the voices in your head. And it wasn't until you were 12... that you realized all the voices were in everyone else's head. Do you want me to go on?" Logan gives him a questionable look.

"I never told anyone that." Charles gasps.

"No, yet, no, but, you will." Logan smiles.

"All right, you've piqued my interest. What do you want?" Charles asks.

"We have to stop Raven. I need your help. We need your help." Logan sighs.
"I think I'd like to wake up now." Charles walks away, getting emotional at the mention of her name. He walks into the next room and pours himself a glass of bourbon.

"What does she have to do with this?" Hank, now in normal form asks him. Hank still cares for her.

"So you're saying... they took Raven's power, and what? They weaponized it?" Charles asks.

"Yep." Logan responds.

"She is unique." Hank comments.

"Yeah, she is, Hank." Charles sighs.

"In the beginning the Sentinels were just targeting mutants, then they began to identify the genetics in non-mutants who'd eventually have mutant children or grandchildren. Then they started targeting everybody. Many of the humans tried to help us, it was a slaughter. Leaving only the worst of humanity in charge. I've been in a lot of wars, I've never seen anything like this. And it all starts with her." Logan explains.

"Let's just say for the sake of... the sake, that I choose to believe you...that I choose to help you. Raven won't listen to me. Her heart and soul belong to someone else now." Charles sighs again, avoiding eye contact.

"I know. That's why we're gonna need Magneto, too." Logan states.

"Erik?" Charles asks.

"And Psycho." Logan sighs. Charles stops on a dime, turns around and faces Logan with tears brewing in his eyes.

"Y/n?" He asks.

"You do know where they are?" Hank asks him.

"Yeah." Logan responds.

Charles begins to laugh and leave. "He's where he belongs and she doesn't even remember me."

"You're just gonna walk out?" Logan asks, confused.

"Ooh, top marks. Like I said, you are perceptive." Charles holds up his glass and begins to walk away.

"The Professor I know would never turn his back... on someone who'd lost their path. Especially someone he loved." Logan fights.

"You know, I think I do remember you now. Yeah... We came to you a long time ago seeking your help. And I'm gonna say to you what you said to us then: Fuck off!" Charles argues harshly.

Logan grabs Charles's collar. "Listen to me, you little shit. I've come a long way, and I've watched a lot of people die. Good people. Friends. If you're gonna wallow in self-pity... and do nothing, then you're gonna watch the same thing... you understand?"

Logan let's go of Charles. "We all have to die sometime." Charles responds, and makes his way upstairs.

"Like I said, there's no Professor here." Hank sighs.

"What the hell happened to him?" Logan asks.

"He lost everything. Erik, Raven, Y/n...his legs. We built this school, the labs, this whole place... then, just after the first semester...the war in Vietnam got worse. Many of the teachers... and older students were drafted." Hank sighs. Logan nods, listening closely. "I thought everything was going to be alright when Y/n returned but then he lost her. It broke him. He retreated into himself. I wanted to help, to do something... so I designed a serum to treat his spine... derived from the same formula that helps me control my mutation. I take just enough to keep myself balanced... but he takes too much. I tried easing him back... but he just couldn't bear the pain, the voices. The treatment gives him his legs... but its not enough. He's... He's just lost too much."

"What happened with Psycho?" Logan asks. "Sorry, Y/n." He corrects.

"She came back, after Erik's group disbanded. She wanted to be with Charles so she returned. She came back for a day. Everything was better. Then Charles felt bad for her again. He'd broken her heart once by saying he didn't want her. This time to make her leave, he erased her memories of him. So she went back with Erik..." Hank stops as Charles walks down the stairs.

"I didn't know Charles felt that way about her." Logan mutters, trying to connect the dots.

"I'll help you get her. Not for any of your future shite, but for Raven." Charles sighs.

"Fair enough." Logan accepts.

"But I'll tell you this. You don't know Erik. That man is a monster. A murderer. And she...she doesn't even remember me. It will be hard to get her to stand fully with us. Erik is how we will get to her. You think you can convice Raven to change? To come home? That's splendid. But what makes you think you can change him?" Charles argues.

"Because you and Erik sent me back together." Logan responds. The three then begin devising a plan to get the Erik and Y/n out of the Pentagon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 959 23
Charles Xavier is in the grasp of depression. After his life came crashing down around him, he lived in the shadows, struggling to survive. Until Eri...
69.9K 1.2K 24
Jasmine-Mae 'Jas' Carter is a mutant. She has telepathy, telekinesis and invisibility, although nobody knows about her mutations. She's a student at...
7.6K 169 14
Monique Wilson was a mutant. However, she resented her powers, they only seemed to bring death to anyone close to her. That was until two men broke i...
60.4K 1.6K 24
For Audrey Brooks it was all about revenge. Ending the man who ended your dreams and made your life hell. So when the opportunity presented itself in...