FIGHTING TO LIVE [H.S]

By writtenbykate

"H-how could y-you ever do something so awful?" I manage to barely whisper out. "Well love," He snarls back a... More

A/N & CAST
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN

CHAPTER FOUR

540 40 18
By writtenbykate

song: high by Whethan ft. Dua Lipa

VICTORIA'S POV:

When I wake up, I have absolutely no clue where I am.

My eyelids feel heavy, too heavy, like they've been weighed down into my skull and when I manage to pry them open, I instantly regret it.

Even though I don't know where I currently am, I realize I'm seeing double of everything in the room.

I groan and try to lift myself up out of the sitting position I've woken up in but the second I try to adjust myself, I realize I can't.

I've been tied down.

Panic and what I think is adrenaline fights to try and course its way through my body but I am powerless against whatever other drug has been put there.

I feel exhausted.

So, so tired.

"What the hell," I mutter as I try and pull at the leather restraints I feel on my wrists. My entire body feels so heavy I can't even manage to lift my head downwards to see if I'm restrained at the ankles but the small tug I can muster through my legs confirms that I am.

Everything that's happening right now feels muted, almost like someone has turned down the volume of the world by a couple of notches and I almost feel sick to my stomach.

"She's awake." I hear a voice from somewhere else in the room say.

I try and look around to find the people the voices are coming from but the room seems so dark and the walls close to me look like some kind of stone.

"I, I-," I try and stutter something out of my mouth but even my lips feel like they're being weighed down.

What is happening to me.

"I'd go ahead and do it now before she tries to fight it more." I hear a different voice say.

You need to try and wake up. I tell myself. They're going to kill you.

But everything is just so heavy.

My body, the room, the air.

I feel like I can't breathe.

And then someone is beside me.

"This is gonna hurt." A voice now incredibly close to me says. I try to turn my head to get a look at whoever has taken me but once again, I'm met with a masked face.

Except for those eyes.

Burning green, setting his whole face on fire.

YOU NEED TO WAKE UP.

The lips that were set into a straight line before now turn upwards into a smile.

But it's not a kind or gentle smile.

It's sadistic. Twisted.

He's going to kill me.

And that evil smirk is the last thing I see before a pain surges its way through my forearm and the world goes black again.

~~~~~

HARRY'S POV:

"When is this bitch going to wake the fuck up?" Louis swears from the opposite corner of the room.

"Chill the fuck out." Niall snaps in his direction. "It's only been fifteen minutes."

"Yeah and that serum shit should have hit her by now," Louis responds, suddenly standing up from his chair and walking closer to the one the girl is sitting in. Once he's in front of her, he leans himself down towards her until he's level with her face. "She looks kind of dead."

A harsh laugh cuts through the room and then makes its way towards her too. "Maybe we killed her." Zayn snickers, bending down so his face is next to Louis's.

"Nah," Niall says, shaking his head. "I believe Liam when he said this shit works like faster than a hooker on blow."

"The fuck?" Louis questions, whipping his head in Niall's direction.

Niall holds up both his hands in defense. "Liam's words, not mine." He says.

"Hmmm." Zayn hums as he reaches his hand up to cup her face, using his thumb and pointer finger to squeeze her cheeks deeper into her face so she starts to look like some kind of deranged fish.

"Cut that shit out." I snap at Zayn, breaking the silence I've been in since I drugged the girl all the way back at her camp.

Begrudgingly, Zayn releases his fingers from her face and right after, the girl starts to stir and release a string of mumbles from her mouth.

Zayn and Louis quickly both take a step back from the chair and Niall and I hurry from our seats to join them.

"Looks like it's showtime lads," Louis says, a smirk creeping its way onto his face.

She was trying to form full words now, probably wanting to ask us where she was or what happened but I knew she was going to die before she ever got those answers.

"You're up Styles." Niall quipped.

We had one purpose for her.

Ask her what she knew about that son of a bitch Edwards, then put a bullet in her brain.

Easy enough.

"Good morning, love," I said cooly, leaning in so my face was now inches from hers.

I knew she was still going to be groggy from the chloroform we gave her earlier that was now mixed into her system with the serum, but I was confident she would still be able to answer the few questions we had.

She was his fucking assistant after all.

"Who-," She tried to stammer between groans. "Who are you?"

My face broke out into a smirk. "Aw, wouldn't you like to know." I snickered. "Butttt, I'm afraid that I'm the one that will be asking the questions today."

I wanted her to be afraid. I wanted her to be scared so shitless that this whole conversation would be over in the next few minutes. Which shouldn't be too long now that Liam had supplied us with straight-up truth serum.

She tried to groan again but I snapped my right hand over her mouth and watched her eyes grow huge from the contact.

Then, I waved a hand towards Zayn, giving him the signal to walk around behind her and place the barrel of his gun against her back.

I didn't think it was possible but her eyes grew even wider. I felt her mouth quiver under my hand and I knew she was probably on the brink of tears.

People are always such pussies when they know they're about to die.

"I do just hate having to do this to you," I said, sarcasm practically dripping from my mouth. "But it appears to me that you seem to have some information I would very much like to have."

She tries to respond from under my hand but I only clamp it down harder over her mouth.

"I'm going to let you answer my questions now but if you even so much as open your mouth to scream, pretty boy Niall over here won't hesitate a single second to slit your throat," I tell her as I see Niall give her a little finger wave from the corner of my eye.

Slowly, I start to release my hand from her mouth and I watch as her bottom lip begins to quiver in fear.

Maybe she'll start to beg for her life.

I love it when they beg.

"Now tell me," I continue. "What the hell has Edwards been planning?"

I wait for her response but she stays silent.

"WHAT has he been planning?" I repeat, raising my voice a little.

She's scared and I love it.

But as I watch Zayn push the gun deeper into her back, just as I'm about to scream the question again in her face, she does the least expected thing I can possibly think of.

She bursts out laughing.

Like, gut-splitting, bellowing laughter that I can tell startles everyone in the room.

"Daniel's dad!" She exclaims through her giggles. I watch as her head dips downward as if she can't even hold it up anymore. "Hahaha, Daniel."

Everyone is silent except her.

"His dad is soooooo nice." She coos as she begins to lightly toss her hanging head around like she's floating in some invisible water. "Except that Daniel is MEAN."

"What the actual fuck?" Louis questions, asking what we're all thinking.

She won't stop laughing and even though there's a gun literally against her back, aimed to kill her at any second, she's giggling like she doesn't have a care in the world.

"I wonder where Daniel is." She sighs, continuing to bob her head around. Her eyes are distant and I can tell it's a "lights on, nobody home" look just from her pupils. 

"Seriously what the fuck." Niall echoes. "What the hell is wrong with her?"

I truly have no idea what is wrong with her and the fact that this situation feels like it's getting ready to slip right out of my hands, I'm pissed now.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS EDWARDS PLANNING?!" I turn and scream at her as I roughly yank her head up to face me. I hear Niall say something into his walkie but I'm too focused on our hostage to make out what he says.

"STYLES!" I hear Zayn bark. "Chill the fuck out!"

"She's not giving us shit!" I yell back as I jerk her face again. "FOR THE LAST TIME. WHAT IS EDWARD'S PLANNING. WE KNOW YOU KNOW SOMETHING YOU STUPID BITCH."

I feel my head blanket itself in a sheet of anger and I know that if this girl doesn't give me something in the next five seconds, it's over for her.

"SAY SOMETHING," I scream.

But she just laughs again.

"You're mad." She states dumbly, a huge smile growing on her face.

And then, the next thing I know, the chair I was just sitting in is being thrown against the wall and in one motion, I'm taking out the gun I have tucked into my waistband and digging in deep into her forehead, shouting obscenities.

All I can see is white rage right now, blurring any judgment I should have in this situation. Forget the fact that she could maybe remember something if she wasn't drugged up. Right now, she's fucking useless. Just another body waiting to inevitably be turned into a monster.

Guess it's time for her to die.

I'll even be doing her a favor.

Bye, bye. 

And I feel my finger tighten around the trigger and wait for the sound to slice the air and explode throughout the space we're in and,

BAM.

I hear it.

But instead of hearing it hit flesh, I hear it hit plaster.

More specifically, the plaster walls. 

"WHAT THE FUCK?" I scream, looking up to find that Niall has literally tackled me to the ground, causing me to misfire. "NIALL YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU-,"

"HE GAVE US THE WRONG STUFF YOU GODDAMN IDIOT." He's screaming over me, trying to pin my wrists down so I can't shoot the gun again. "WE PUMPED HER FULL OF SOME KIND OF FUCKING HALLUCINOGENIC NOT THE TRUTH SHIT."

Liam you fucking idiot.

Niall struggles to pull himself off of me, letting go of my wrists and signaling to Zayn to release the gun from her back.

"Even if she did have any kind of information useful to us, she's too high off her ass to comprehend anything." He explains, leveling his tone out. "We gotta wait until she's actually sober."

Fucking fantastic.

Now this bitch is going to be my problem again for the next day at least until she can actually manage to keep her head up and not hallucinate random men that go by the name of 'Daniel'.

"Liam says to try again in twelve hours," Niall says, clipping his walkie to the back waistband of his jeans. "He thinks she should be fine by then to be injected with something else."

"Well, that's just fucking great." I groan, reaching down to untie the girl's wrists from the arms of the chair. Somehow, in all the commotion between Niall and I, she managed to pass out again and I expect she won't wake back up for a while.

"Well Niall," Louis starts, speaking for the first time in several minutes. "Tell Liam that's all fine and good but the question is where the fuck are we going to put her?

He has a fair point. Only the five of us have ever lived on our floor of the building and never once has a person we've taken hostage lived to make it out of the makeshift torture chamber we created.

"I guess we could put her on the couch?" Niall asks.

"No you fucker." Louis quickly snaps back. "What if she randomly wakes up and takes off running?"

"Well, then I'll just shoot her." He simply responds, as if it's the most obvious answer in the world.

"OHHH you fucking idiot mate!" Zayn exclaims from where he's still standing behind the girl. "If we put a bullet between her eyes then we won't know shit about Edwards and that goddamn hippie camp he's running and all of this will have been for nothing!"

He's right. They're all idiots.

"Shut the fuck up. All of you." I bark from where I'm still seated on the floor. I reach across the floor for my gun that Niall knocked out of my hands when he body-slammed me and tuck it back into my waistband. "I brought her here so she's my problem. I'll lock her in my room and when she's awake we'll haul her back in here. Simple."

That's one of the few things my dad did teach me, clean up your own messes.

The boys nod in agreement and proceed to help me untie her from the chair before I scoop her into my arms and carry her out into the hall and down into my room.

Once inside, I drop her frail body on to my bed and watch her bounce slightly on the mattress before her body goes limp again.

Damn, she does not look like she eats a lot. I think to myself. 

Probably just another bat-shit policy Edward's and those other kooks have their people blindly following.

Even in the dark light of my room, I can still make out the shape of her hip bones poking through the fabric of the dark green V-neck she's wearing and for a minute, I focus my gaze on her face.

Before I used the chloroform on her, the first thing I noticed was how ridiculously big her eyes were. They have this deep brown, chestnut color to them and I swear they feel like they take up half her face.

Nah, not my type.

Plus, she'll be dead in a few hours anyways I tell myself as I exit the room, locking the door on my way out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55 11 11
The nights are getting longer and colder, and Nat's finally caught a break. They want nothing except peace and time to heal their wounds, without hel...
144 8 12
19 year old Lazarus has adapted to survival in this post-apocalyptic world. A world where the Undead roam, and humanity is troubled. He has just sett...
30.5K 864 48
Infected. They plagued the city, the people and nowhere was safe. How do you live in a world where every breath could be your last, one bite could ta...
13.2K 1.3K 77
Highest Ranking: #101 in Horror - (10/3/17) Have you ever seen a rotting corpse's head being bashed in? Well in the zombie apocalypse, it's a normal...