supernaturals [nct 127 x rea...

By universaja

More

[prolouge.]
[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[42]
[43]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]
[61]
[62]
[63]
[64]
[65]
[66]
[67]
[68]
[69]
[70]
[71]
[72]
[73]
[74]
[75]
[76]
[77]
[78]
[79]
[80]
[81]
[82]
[83]
[84]
[85]
[86]
[87]
[88]
[89]
[90]
[91]
[92]
[93]
[94]
[95]
[96]
[97]
[98]
[99]
[100]
[101]
[102]
[103]
[104]
[105]
[106]
[107]
[108]
[109]
[110]: The Last Chapter
Ncity Lobby

[41]

4K 206 113
By universaja

c h a p t e r - f o r t y o n e

"This book is kidding.. right?" Johnny stood up.

"You know The Guide Book has no time for that childish thing." Taeyong managed to stay calm under pressure, together with the tension rising from his members.

Johnny sarcastically scoffed. "Then how the fuck can a human protect us?!"

"Calm down!" Donghyuck yelled. "Both sides are possible. Y/N has been pretty suspicious by her own identity because of how much different she is from other humans. Don't you get it?"

"Y/N is a human to protect because hunters are all after her" Jungwoo claimed, getting mad as well. "Mr. Jung is the one who protects us since we were young, there's no way he can be replaced."

"Exactly. Mr. Jung is our protector, and only him." Yuta brushed his hair up. "Besides, it will be impossible for Human to be involved-"

"She already is." Mark suddenly blurted, agreeing from what Donghyuck had said. "Can't you see? Or are you denying?"

Johnny glared. "Mark."

"I'm just saying the truth. You are all wanting to know the answer behind everything and now that it's all here, you keep denying it." Mark scoffed, preparing to leave. "You decide what's happening. I don't care if you'll like to keep protecting her, but for me, I'll forever protect her."

He gave his brothers one last meaningful glance before making his way out.

But his heel came to a stop to see you standing there. His doe eyes widened, grabbing both of your arms.

"Why are you here?!" He gulped his own saliva. "Y-You're not well yet."

"I have to tell you something." You managed to utter despite your voice straining, trying it's best to prevent you from speaking.

Mark have no choice but to guide you in since he can clearly see your not capable of standing all by yourself for a long time. The other guys inside who seems to be in the middle of serious discussion all froze to see Mark back, with you this time.

"Mark, why did you bring her here?" Donghyuck narrowed his eyes, quickly hiding the book behind.

"She said she has something to say." Mark scratched the back of his neck while looking at you who's having a seat.

"You better rest after this." Jaehyun sighed while poking his tounge inside his mouth, not being able to look at you.

All he keep remembering were the words that run in The Guide Book.

"Taeil introduced me someone that can read minds," You immediately started. "And he's name is Ten."

Their faces either scrunched because of bitterness or sadness. You ignored their expressions and the sudden tension that can be felt.

"I want to tell that.." You played with both of your thumb, nervousness running all over your arms. "I.."

"Tell us, Y/N." Doyoung eyed you intently. His thoughts kept rummaging and running endless while you keep being silent. "Did he hurt you? Threatened you? What did he do?"

Your eyes circled. "Is he capable of doing that?"

Taeyong's eyes slowly turned from soft to sharp one. "What does that mean?"

"I.. I've keep meeting him for the past days. Everytime we go outside, we always bump into each other."

"What?!" They all said in unison which made you slightly flinch. Their voices are deep and terrifyingly loud when matched together.

You raised both of your arms as a sign of forfeit. "I didn't know he was the same as you guys! He looked completely like any normal human! And he's also approachable-"

"Tch." Donghyuck rolled his eyes. "Approachable, my foot."

You were about to defend yourself from describing Ten but remembered what Taeil said. There's something going on between them and Ten himself, and it seems like it's not its not on good side.

"But you must be suspicious about him." Jaehyun took a deep breath.

"I am not. He arrived before I could even enter your life." You defended. "When I accidentally found your place, Ten offered me a ride. It was pouring hard that time."

"He did?" Taeil cleared, not believing what he just heard.

"Yes. And when days passed, I realize that he occasionally meets me when we get out and most especially when I'm left alone," You furrowed your brows. "And that's when I get suspicious."

"And when you noticed that something is weird? You didn't told us?" Taeyong tilted his head, slightly pissed.

You looked down on your lap and weakly nodded. "I.. Well.. Uhm.. I have trust issues..?"

You already expected their disappointing reaction which made you awkwardly look around, finding the walls suddenly interesting; guilty that you make wrong.

However, it's just your excuse. You didn't want to tell yet about Yangyang and Lucas.

"Y/N.." Taeyong took the biggest breath and looked at you, not knowing how to react. He repeatedly brushed his hair up until he decided to speak. "You know how much this thing is important, right? You could've just trusted us.. atleast this time."

"Sorry." You bit your tounge, hoping you wouldn't spill about what the two strangers who apparently are Ten's members sai had said.

"Y/N, I'm seriously disappointed.. and hurt." Your forehead wrinkled after hearing from Johnny. "We've been trusting and giving you almost everything we could ever offer, but you're not doing the same."

"Johnny." Yuta warned only to be ignored.

You bit your lip and panicked. "W-Wait.. no. That's not it."

Your intention was too simply slip away, not to disappoint or hurt then in any way. But it seems like that.

"That's not what I meant." You brushed your hair up. "I.. I do trust you."

"Then why didn't you tell?" Taeil can't help but to ask. His curiosity keep poking at him.

"I just doubted that moment." You looked away. "I didn't know who to trust."

"But why, Y/N? What made you doubt?" Mark furrowed his brows.

You can't keep lying anymore.

You have no chance of winning against ten curious supernaturals who wouldn't even accept you're current fever as an excuse. It seems like this conversation won't end until you told them the truth.

You closed you eyes and balled your fist. "Because Yangyang and Lucas told me to be careful because something is-"

"Wait, what did you say?" Donghyuck cut you off.

"I said I doubted because they say something is bound to happen." You slowly opened your eyes only to see them all gazing at you.

"Before that?" Donghyuck leaned at the table and looked straight at the eyes. "Who are the people you mentioned?"

"Uhh.." You get weirded out how they are more curious about that than what is actually said. "They are Yangyang and Lucas-"

"You also talked to them?!" Taeyong unknowingly yelled.

You innocently looked up at him. "You also know them?"

"Of course!" Taeyong dropped himself in the chair heavily. "This is shit."

"And you didn't tell us?" Donghyuck furrrowed his brows.

You stood up, slightly stumbling from the headache that shot. But you refused to pay attention.

"Because they told me that something will happen! I didn't know who to trust! Both of you are superhumans and I am stuck between the two sides!" You defended yourself. "How do you expect me to choose? I can't trust any of you! I'm just a goddamn human being combined in this shit-"

"No, you're not." Your brow raised from Jaehyun. He didn't even regretted it as he looked at you with worry in his eyes. "You're more than that."

"What did you s-" You were just about to approach Jaehyun when your legs gave up.

A series of alarmed yells rung in the place. You tried getting up only to fall down once again. This time, two hands wrapped tightly on you.

"Y/N!" Sicheng used his ability to lessen the pain. He succeeded but not as much as he want to. He can still see your running out of breath.

"M-My neck h-hurts." You whispered.

Sicheng was completely baffled but instead focused on healing the wound. He furrowed his brows and rested his palms above the mark.

"Sicheng! Don't!" Yuta yelled.

"Let him." Taeil mumbled, unsure.

Ignored, everybody decided to just let the healer do his job. Sicheng looked like he will lose his temper if someone tries to distract him.

Moments passed until Jungwoo felt the weakness all over your body. He quickly run and held back Sicheng on his other free arm only to be pushed away.

"Stop! You are overpowering her!" Jungwoo finally said.

Sicheng tried to take his hand away but he was taken by surprise when it was pulled back like a magnet. He released a painful groan.

"Y/N!"
"Sicheng!"

You fainted and fall backwards, falling right at Jaehyun. Everybody watched in disbelief as Sicheng continued groaning in pain, his palm burning.

Everyone yelped in shock to ser blood shedding from Sicheng's palm, mainly because it rarely happens. Because he heals himself fastly and almost naturally.

Their attention was turned back to you when Mark spoke.

"Her scar didn't atleast faded.." Mark eyed you in fear. Not because he was afraid of what your new identity is, but because he was afraid of what might happen to you.

"That's not her scar," Taeyong whispered. "She really is one of us."

You groaned, opening your eyes. Sweat washed over you as the darkness welcomed.

You used to love the darkness everytime you will flutter your eyes open and you'll keep snuggling around the bed until you are ready to move. But today is different.

It felt like a hand was wrapped tightly on your neck, trying to choke you until you reach your last breath.

You clutched on the bed sheets, anxiety filling you whole body.

Lucky enough, the door opened and revealed Johnny. You gasped, catching his attention. The small amount of calmness from Johnny disappeared as he quickened his pace in your direction.

"Human, where? Where does it hurt? Tell me, hurry." Because of panic, he tightly hold both of your arms and forgot his ability which it feel like your bones are gonna crush.

You groaned and managed to utter few words, "Your.. grip.."

"Oh," Johnny slowly softened his hands. "I am.. I'm sorry."

After your burning arms calmed a little, you immediately sat up. "Johnny, take me out of here, please."

Without questions, Johnny nodded. "I'll help you walk."

You hold his hand tightly and squeezed it, indicating that you are ready to go. He stretched his other arm and wrapped it around your shoulders. Johnny was patient while guiding you who's walking slowly. He repeatedly glanced at you and sighed.

"You're sweating too much," He mumbled.

"I feel cold though." You replied.

He made you sat at the couch beside Jaehyun who's casually waiting for you to seat beside him.

"I'll bring you some soup to cool you down," Johnny smiled, rushing at the kitchen.

Jaehyun didn't let his eyes left yours while you comfortably sat there. You only noticed he's staring at you when you can feel a burning gaze. You innocently batted your eyelids at him.

"Why?"

"You're ill." He uttered.

You shrugged, completely aware of it. "Yes, I am. So what?"

"I'm upset." He looked away, flicking the channel. "You shouldn't be sick."

You took a deep breath and habitually grabbed your cheeks because it's heating. It's not like Jaehyun was actually sweet by that.

You just feel completely sensitive at the moment; you start fluttering just by his simple words.

"Y/N-ah," You were brought back in reality when Sicheng peeked beside you. "How are you feeling?"

"Sick." You simply answered earning a nod from him, slightly offended by your sarcastic remark. "Anyway, is your palm okay?"

Sicheng nodded. "It didn't actually hurt. I immediately healed it as soon as I have the energy- Wait." He slowly looked at you. "How did you know?"

"Eh?" You grimaced. "I just did?"

"You already fainted when it hurted." He mumbled.

You shrugged, not really minding. "I just feel like something is wrong. Perhaps, this is because of my strong instincts. Or maybe.. I got Jungwoo's ability?"

You joked but none of it made Sicheng smile. He knows why. Although he is not sure, he just basic knowledge about it.

Mr. Jung used to always detects if something is wrong with them, and Mr. Jung is their protector.

How you succeed on tracing what's wrong with Sicheng completely shows like Mr. Jung.

"Here," Johnny passed you a soup. "Have some."

"I'm shivering, can you lower the airconditioner's temperature?" You gritted your teeth.

Jaehyun looked at you with suspicion. "You're sweating too much."

"It might be because she's in fever." Johnny didn't mind and went to look for the airconditioner's remote. "I'll do it."

"Donghyuck-ah! Grab some sweater." Jaehyun ordered to the youngest who just entered the living room. Sicheng then sat on your other side with a pout.

"Y/N! You're awake!" Donghyuck run to pull you in a hug, making his brothers yell 'hey!' because of his sharpness.

"Yeah..?" You asked weirded out since it's not a big deal at all for you.

You felt a rush of comfort run over you when the hot soup hit your throat, the great taste is a bonus. Soon, Donghyuck arrived with a sweater in his palms. Jaehyun helped you from fitting it and a sigh of relief released from you.

"Do you feel much better?" Jaehyun asked and smiled, his famous everlasting attractive dimple showed.

You smiled. "Yes."

"Sorry, human." Sicheng grab on your hand and patted it. "I can't heal you. It's a fever and not a physical wound."

"It's okay, I'll be better soon." You took a deep breath, touching the side of your neck. "But the scar.. is still here?"

In sync, Jaehyun and Sicheng looked away. You furrowed your eyebrows and guessed that something is happening. But you refused to ask.

The conversation you were last in before you fainted still makes you stress. It's a wonder how they managed to act normal after that though.

"Hellooo Y/N-aaahhhhhh!" You simply hummed as a reply from Mark. "How are you feel- Woah! You're sweating like hell!"

"Obviously, she's sick." Jaehyun replied nonchalantly.

"Is my baby still sick?" Your head shot up from the voice and saw Yuta who's smirking in triumph.

"What did you say?" You glared. "I'm not a baby!"

"You are." Yuta pass by to lightly pat your cheek.

You wanted to punch him right on the spot but you couldn't because of the soup in your palms. This made the other boys chuckle.

Mark remained looking at you before he sighed. "I've missed you. You've been asleep for three days."

You choked on your soup. "WHAT? THREE DAYS?"

The conversation was cut off when Taeyong who seems like he just got home together with Doyoung and Taeil eyed you in surprise. "Why are you wearing sweater? You're literally sweating so much!"

Taeyong rushed in to your direction but you raised your hand before he could reach you, calming him down.

Jungwoo from his room went down and managed to stay calm. "Y/N has a fever. It's normal for humans."

"Yeah, what is not normal is sleeping for three days straight!" You stood up, panicking. "D-Did I really sleep for three days?"

"Yes." Replied Jungwoo. "And it seems like you still need more rest."

You shivered since he's right. Your head is still heavy and so are your eyelids. You forgot for a moment that Jungwoo has that ability.

And that is why they are acting as if you just got up from your grave; because you technically did.

Three days? Damn.

You might be sleeping the whole week when you're not busy but you never do it straight. You're fazed how you're not boiling heat with your temperature.

Usually, being like that when ill is a serious death threat to humans.

"Guys, I wanted to say sorry by the way." You opened up since everyone is currently at the moment.

Donghyuck raised his brow. "About what?"

"For not telling you that I talked with Yangy.." You came to a stop and gritted your teeth when it felt like a breeze pass by, shivering.

"Are you okay?" Jaehyun uncrossed his legs and checked you.

You bit your chapped lips. "I-I guess."

"It's time. We have to tell you." Doyoung took a deep breath. "Y/N, the scar in your neck is not just a wound."

Your brows raised, eyes widening despite the burning spot on your neck. "What?"

"It's a.. logo." Taeyong scratched the back of his neck. "A sign that you are under-"

"Wait, wait. I don't get it. What do you mean logo?" You shook your head, utterly confused.

"Sicheng will never be able to heal or remove it off you, because it will forever be there." Jaehyun calmly mumbled.

You sniffed, trying to release a cautious grin. "What kind of-"

You flinched when Jungwoo suddenly raised his shirt. You immediately covered your eyes.

"Pull that down, Jungwoo!" You scolded.

There was no response to your surpise. You expected the other guys to be reacting but the room was dead silent until the Empath spoke again, "Look ahead, Y/N."

"What?! I don't want to!" You complained but you came to a stop when you feel your own limbs moving by their own.

Only one person crossed your mind.

"Nakamoto Yuta, stop!" It was already late. You already removed the cover off your eyes and it landed into Jungwoo. There was an eerie silence. You awkwardly looked around until you had the courage to look straight at Jungwoo. Your eyes widened to see a huge sign at his hips. "It's a scar too!"

"This is exactly the reason. This is a logo, Y/N, and you have the same one." Your jaw dropped from what Jungwoo said. "Because your one of us."

You scoffed, wearing a shocked expression. "Wait.. that's impossible."

"The Guide Book spoke when you were sick, and it stated that.." Donghyuck gulped his own saliva. "..that you're our protector."

"Protector?!" You jolted.

"Like Mr. Jung." Mark mumbled.

"Like Mr. Jung?!" You repeated. There was a solemn silence until you laughed awkwardly. "Wait, you guys must mistook-"

Sicheng handed you a mirror. "Look closely. Both you and Jungwoo have the same one, right? Everyone of us have the same sign."

The sweat in your forehead can finally be felt. You anxiously looked at the reflection and slightly yelp to see it's exactly the same.

"I.. I don't understand.. T-This looks all like a joke. I'm a normal student, just living my life with the books- how the heck did I get here?" You slapped your cheeks softly. "Why the hell am I involved?! I'm not even qualified for being a protector."

"We, too, have no idea." Taeyong sighed, stressing. "But we just need someone to protect us, and it could be you-"

"Why?" You pressed.

Taeil scratched his head. "We already told you, only the realms know why they choose yo-"

"Why do you need someone to protect you when all of you possess super abilities?" You tilted your head.

There was a dead silence. You buried your face in your palm while waiting for an answer.

Johnny bravely answered instead. "This isn't the right time to talk about us-"

"I'm being assigned to some people I should protect for unknown reasons. And all I ask is that why do you all need to be protected?" You narrowed your eyes. "I think I should be the one asking who are you?"

You've been with them for quite awhile and you still have zero idea about them. And now that you come to think of it..

are you really the one who's identity should be asked? or them?

|     |     |     |     |

a/n:

uwa idk anymore abt this chap, i am thinking deeply to present it better i hope it worked aaackkk

also, i hope you have a great day ahead, cheer up! thank you for appreciating this one and smile^^

anyway, listen to long flight by taeyong hshshs

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...
1M 35.4K 104
She was young. She was average. She was the one they wanted. It was common for them to get a little obsessed. Cold, Heartless, And dangerous, T...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...