The Gate of E.N.D.

By AbbyLe_

When a tragic accident strikes Fairy Tail, Lucy finds herself with a new key. But this key is more powerful a... More

Chapter 1: The Job
Chapter 2: Fighting the Monster
Chapter 3: Taking Natsu Back Home
Chapter 4: Lucy and Gray
Chapter 5: The Details
Chapter 6: The Funeral
Chapter 7: E.N.D.
Chapter 8: An Explanation
Chapter 9: A Plan
Chapter 10: The Mistake
Chapter 11: Setting Off
Chapter 12: Flying to Hargeon
Chapter 13: The Boat
Chapter 14: Caracole Island
Chapter 15: Infiltrating the Enemy
Chapter 17: Carla and Happy
Chapter 18: The Prison
Chapter 19: Carla's Journey
Chapter 20: Hiding Out
Chapter 21: Meeting Jellal
Chapter 22: E.N.D.'s Rampage
Chapter 23: Zeref's Plan
Chapter 24: The Unwanted Date
Chapter 25: Captured Again
Chapter 26: Back in the Empire
Chapter 27: Fairy Tail Prepares for War
Chapter 28: A Sense of Urgency
Chapter 29: Getting into the Palace
Chapter 30: Sorano's Help
Chapter 31: The Brandish Squad
Chapter 32: Arriving at Fairy Tail
Chapter 33: Gray v.s. Invel
Chapter 34: Lucy v.s. Dimaria
Chapter 35: Team Natsu v.s. Irene
Chapter 36: August
Chapter 37: The E.N.D.
Epilogue

Chapter 16: The Alvarez Empire

539 11 0
By AbbyLe_

-A Couple Hours Later-

"Well, I wasn't able to get much information." Gray dejectedly plopped down in a chair.

"Same." The others replied.

"Um, there's a large garden?" Lucy offered timidly. The others just gave her a withering look. "Jeez, why so hostile?"

"Hey, look!" Erza shouted suddenly. "I can start to see land!"

"Yes! Finally!" Wendy exclaimed drowsily. "I feel so bad." 

"The closer we get to shore, the more nervous I get." Lucy said with a nervous smile.

"I just don't want to get thrown in prison." Gray frowned. "Or get killed."

"Let's not think about that..." Wendy's excitement quickly faded.

"Attention all soldiers! Join the captain below deck immediately!" The loud announcement startled them.

"I wonder what that's about." Erza muttered as they quickly made their way below deck.

"Listen up!" The captain demanded. "While checking our cargo, I came across something troubling. Can anyone guess what it was?"

Everyone shook their heads. "No, sir."

"I found these!" He thrust his hands in the air. Murmurs ran throughout the room.

Wendy gasped. "Carla!"

"And Happy!" Lucy cried. The Exceeds were tied up and gagged.

"Quiet!" Erza kicked them.

"These 2 thought they could hide on the ship." The captain frowned angrily as he shook them. "How wrong they were. You two Exceeds will be thrown in prison, while your punishment is decided. Not only were you sneaking onto our ship, but you're wizards! From Fairy Tail! The very guild His Majesty declared war on. I'm sure he will be delighted at the news of your capture. You can tell us where your other 4 friends are." Carla and Happy's eyes widened. "That is all, men. Go back to your gathering."

"This is horrible!" Gray mumbled angrily as he kicked the wall. Several people stared at him.

"Gray. Stop. Drawing. Attention." Erza ordered through gritted teeth as they headed back up above deck.

"This is our fault!" Wendy yelled as she balled her fists.

"We'll just have to bust them out of prison when we get to Alakitasia." Erza stated.

"How are you not upset about this?" Lucy demanded.

"I am, but we have to focus on the mission. We'll rescue them later." She replied.

"What if they're dead by then?" Gray asked worriedly. "They might torture and kill them for information."

"Gray!" Wendy whimpered.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that." He laid his hand on her shoulder.

"Poor Carla." Wendy was close to tears. "If only I could've protected her." She sadly turned away from the others.

"I feel like I let Natsu down." Lucy frowned. "After all, Happy is his best friend."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." Gray said. "Natsu knows it wasn't your fault."

"Yeah." Natsu's voice piped up from the key. "Stop worrying, Lucy. Happy doesn't blame you. And neither do I."

"You're not mad?" She inquired.

"Well, not at you. But I'm very mad at that captain." He growled.

"Do not exit the spirit world." Erza commanded.

"I wasn't planning on it right now, but when we get to the empire, I'm getting back Happy. And you can't stop me Erza."

She sighed. "I know. Just promise you'll be careful. I don't want you going on a rampage, killing people."

"Yeah, yeah. Is Wendy okay?" He asked worriedly.

"No, she's pretty upset." Gray said.

"Wendy!" Natsu bellowed.

Everyone jumped in alarm as people turned towards them. "Shh!"

She hurried over. "What?" She asked in a broken voice.

"We'll get them back, okay? Don't worry." He said soothingly.

"I know, but I don't want them to get tortured." She bit her lip.

"Even if they are, they're from Fairy Tail. And Fairy Tail wizards never give up. So they won't either."

Wendy slightly smiled. "Thanks, Natsu."

"Guys, we're about to dock. We need to get ready." Lucy said hurriedly as she scanned the deck.

"Dock? But it's only been like a day?" Wendy looked around in confusion.

"Yeah, you're right." Gray frowned. "Maybe they have a teleportation user on their team."

"Natsu, you'll be quiet and wait for me to summon you, right?" Lucy looked at the key expectantly.

"Yeah, as long as you let me rescue Happy and Carla." He replied.

"Of course. But Wendy and I are going with you." She decided before turning to Erza. "Unless, you think you'll need one of us?"

Erza thought for a moment. "I'm not sure. We had a hard time just at Caracole." They frowned. "You know what, we'll be fine. But you might want to summon one of your spirits to help us, Lucy."

"Okay, I'll see if Loke is willing to." She nodded.

"We gotta go." Gray said as he ran towards the dock.

"Bye, Natsu." Lucy closed his gate as she and the others followed Gray. 

They all suddenly gasped at the empire came into view. "Oh my God."

"Look how big the palace is!" Wendy cried.

"This is overwhelming..." Erza mumbled.

"Guys, stop falling behind. Remember, we're Alvarez Empire soldiers. Stop acting like yourselves." Gray ordered.

"Aye." The others replied.

"Well, men, let's see what all the fuss is about." The captain grumbled as he stood at the front of the squad.

"Brandish Squad!" A guy with a purple blazer and spiky hair stopped them.

"Who the hell is that?" Gray muttered. Erza shushed him.

The captain bowed his head. "Hello, Sir Marin."

"Hello, Captain. You get an A+ for being respectful!" Marin said cheerfully. "I was told you failed your mission." His face suddenly turned disgusted.

"N-No, sir, we were told Lady Brandish had ordered us back home." The captain nervously replied.

Marin smiled brightly. "I know! I was joking. I am slightly disappointed you weren't able to captured the wizards, but Lady Brandish doesn't seem to care, so all is good!"

"Actually, sir, we captured 2 Exceeds. They belong to the other wizards. I'm sure they could provide Lady Brandish and Emperor Spriggan with some helpful information." He snapped and was handed the tied up Exceeds.

"Excellent! A+! Oh, here comes Lady Brandish!" He swept her a bow. The squad followed suit. The Fairies gasped at her magic power level.

"How can someone be so powerful?!" Wendy squeaked.

"It's off the charts!" Erza exclaimed.

"Stop bowing to me." Brandish said in a bored tone as she eyed her squad.

"Lady Brandish! Your team was able to capture 2 wizards!" Marin chirped.

"I don't care."

He sweat dropped. "But, um, they could provide you information!"

She sighed. "Throw them in the prison. I'm sure Dimaria would enjoy torturing them."

"Yes, ma'am." Marin signaled for the captain to do it. Lucy and Wendy sadly watched as their friends were taken away.

"Let's go see what His Majesty wants. All of the 12 are supposed to meet in the palace with their squads." Brandish started walking towards the palace. Everyone followed. Lucy found herself constantly in awe of the empire as she looked around. The lobby was crowded and loud as they arrived. Brandish leaned against the wall and waited, ignoring Marin's attempts to have a conversation.

A women with short blonde hair walked up to Brandish. "Hello, Randi, long time no see. Where have you been?"

Brandish yawned. "Out and about."

The women grinned. "Descriptive as always."

"Dimaria, where's Emperor Spriggan? I don't want to be waiting all day." 

Dimaria shrugged. "I'm sure he's coming. I'm surprised so many of the 12 are here on such short notice. Even Irene is here."

Brandish arched an eyebrow. "Irene?"

"Yeah, August, Invel, Ajeel, Wall, Neinhart, Jacob, and God Serena." 

"Wow, 9 out of 12. This must really be important." Brandish said sarcastically.

"It is." Dimaria smiled wickedly. "Going to war. Finally! Something to do."

"Sounds boring."

"Randi, you think everything sounds boring."

"Hello, everyone." Zeref's voice silenced everyone. "Thank you for gathering on such short notice. As you've been told, we're going to war. Everything you do starting now will have to do with the invasion of Ishgar."

"Emperor Spriggan, may I ask why we're going to war?" A robot-looking man asked.

"Certainly, Wall. It seems a guild in Ishgar, Fairy Tail, is attempting to ruin my plan and invade Alakitasia, so they must be eliminated at once."

"What plan?!" Lucy hissed into Gray's ear. "His plan to die?" He shrugged.

"Your leaders, the Spriggan 12, will be in charge of your training and will inform you of your part in the invasion. That is all. Good day." Zeref smirked as he left, followed by a blue-haired wizard.

"Marin, what's our part?" Brandish demanded.

"Um..." He anxiously checked his notebook. "We're among the first teams to go to Ishgar! We're to travel with Dimaria and Wall with a naval fleet. They're in charge of eliminating the other guilds in Ishgar, but you're to go to Fairy Tail directly and give them a first impression of our power."

"Seriously? That's dumb." She sighed. "But it's an order, so I'll do it. Maybe I'll shrink their pathetic guild hall. Or better yet, shrink all the wizards." 

"Wonderful idea, Lady Brandish!" Marin exclaimed.

"Eh, do what you want with my squad. I don't care. I'm going to take a nap. All this war stuff is exhausting." Brandish lazily walked away.

"Yes, ma'am!" Marin turned to the squad. "Okay, so you guys are going with Lady Brandish. She can handle herself, but you guys get an A+ task! You get to invade and take over Magnolia along with Ajeel's squad!" 

"Sir, isn't Ajeel in charge of the aerial warships?" The captain asked.

He nodded. "Yes, they'll help us take over that trash town from above. Let's get started with training. I won't make you do a lot because you just got back from a long journey."

"Thank you, sir." Everyone bowed to him.

"Follow me." They headed towards a training arena. Erza mentally took note of the palace floor plan. "Everyone, grab a sword. We'll be working in groups of 4, with one person on defense and the rest on offense. You may choose your groups." Marin turned to the captain. "Captain, you'll be watching with me, taking careful notes."

"What are we, in elementary school?" Gray scoffed as he, Wendy, Lucy, and Erza gathered in a group.

"Now, I will randomly choose the person on defense." Marin hesitated on Gray before choosing Erza. He made his way around the arena. "When I say go, the 3 on offense will attack the defender. Don't stop until there is a victor."

"Great, why did Erza have to be the defender?" Lucy groaned. "She's the best at using a sword."

Erza smirked. "Good luck defeating me."

"Wait, can we use magic?" Gray asked suddenly.

"I don't-" Wendy started to say.

"Go!" Marin shouted. 

Lucy and Wendy charged at Erza, with Gray sneaking up behind her. She easily deflected their attacks and spun around to face Gray. She kicked him away and turned back to the girls. Lucy almost managed to hit Erza, but before she could, Erza sent her sprawling on the ground. Wendy jumped high in the air and attempted to get Erza from above, only to be blocked.

"Wow! A+!" Marin nodded at Erza. He made a face at the other 3. "You get a F-. Try harder." Suddenly, Zeref entered the arena. "Emperor Spriggan, sir!" 

Marin raised a hand to stop the training, but Zeref shook his head. "No please, continue. I was just watching."

"Of course sir!"

Zeref watched as Erza blocked all of the attacks with ease. Every other group was done except for them. "It seems you have a skilled swordsman on your team."

"Yes, sir, I was quite amazed at his ability." Marin responded.

"Stop!" Zeref ordered. The Fairies nervously looked at each other. "You," he pointed to Erza, "come here."

"Yes, sir?" Erza quickly obeyed and bowed to him.

"You're truly incredible at fighting with swords. Tell me, where were you trained?" Zeref inquired. 

"Um, my father trained me, sir." Erza quickly made up.

"I see. Remove your helmet." 

Erza's face blanched as she obeyed. "Yes, sir..." She bravely stood, for the others' sake.

"Erza Scarlet. Or should I call you Titania?" Zeref chuckled. 

She gasped. "How did you know I was here?"

"I knew from the moment you set foot in my empire. You aren't very good at blending in. And don't be too shocked that I know who you are. We've been studying your guild for months. I know all of the members and their magic powers." He turned to the horror-struck trio. "Hello Lucy, Gray, and Wendy."

"W-What?!" Marin cried. "How did I not notice these imposters?"

"Don't be too hard on yourself, Marin. It's a simple mistake." Zeref said. "Throw them in prison immediately."

"You can't do that!" Gray shouted as he raised his hands.

Zeref frowned. "I wouldn't bother fighting back. You're clearly outnumbered between the squad, Marin, and myself. Surrender peacefully and there will be no need for bloodshed."

"We have no choice." Erza said grimly as she surrendered.

"But Erza-" Wendy was silenced with a look.

"None of us will be dying today." Erza held up her hands. The others reluctantly followed.

"Oh, and Lucy. I'll be needing that key back." Zeref said as he held out his hand.

"No! I won't let you have Natsu!" Lucy yelled fiercely as she clutched the key. 

"Captain." Zeref motioned to him. The captain wrestled the key out of Lucy's hand.

She kicked and punched him before he finally was able to snatch it. "NO!" She howled as she attempted to tackle him, only to be held back by Gray. "Gray! Let me go! I won't let him take Natsu from us! Not again!"

"Lucy, calm down. Remember, Natsu can open his own gate." Gray whispered into her ear.

She stopped struggling, but spat at Zeref defiantly. The captain rubbed his nose as he deposited the key into Zeref's hand. Other soldiers handcuffed the Fairies with sealstone.

"Take them to the prison. And tell Dimaria that I have something special in mind for Lucy..." She froze as they were dragged away. Zeref smirked as he glanced at the key. "Soon, Natsu, this will all end..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 197 30
~ When a sudden night takes you to a different world of Fairy Tail.. ~~ Amusing right? It's your story to be a part of them.... "I will save you... N...
5.9K 138 26
Lucy was fine and happy, she and Fairy tail had just finished getting rid of Meer Gard but then some news breaks Lucy down. Will Natsu and her friend...
2.8K 73 21
Lucy Heartfilia a guild member of Fairy Tail for 8 years. Natsu Dragoneel a guild member of Fairy Tail for 17 years, both strong wizards, (Natsu the...
22.2K 516 13
facing your greatest fear might be the worse thing you will encounter ........ Join fairy tail to their adventure as they are now dragged to the worl...