❤️Truth...and Lies...💔(BBRAE)

By TTBBRae7

A suspicious fight goes wrong, and leaves Raven barely clinging on to her life. She is rushed to the hospital... More

1) Fear...and Fights...
Fear... and Fights... part 2
2) Pain... and Panic...
3) Wishing... and Waiting...
4) Risk... and Hope...
5) Threats... and Plans...
7) Awake...and Friends...
8) In Your Arms... and Feels💕
10) Promises...and Goodbyes...💔
11) Terra... and Slade...
12) Tomorrow... and Thoughts...
13) Awake... and Together Again...
14) News... and Farewells...
15) Homecoming... and Emotions...
New stories
16) Apologies... and Forgiveness...
Parents
17) Dreams... and Victories...
18) Rage... and Help...
19) the truth... and no lies...
20) Now... and Forever...

6) Waking up...and Operation T.T.D...

1.1K 21 15
By TTBBRae7

Titans East took their places in the Titan Tower. The titans have spent their nights asleep in the waiting room. They refused to leave Raven. It was day 3 of Raven being in her coma.

The titans woke up early and began to discuss what they were going to eat for breakfast. They were interrupted by Dr. Jamie, who came out to talk to them.

"Good morning!" Jamie said cheerfully.

The titans all waved back and said good morning as well.

"I have some great news!" She told them.

They all looked up at her in anticipation.

"Today we can wake up Raven! Her brain activity is very promising. She shouldn't have too many issues waking up. We just received the medicine that we need. At exactly 12 pm today, we will wake her up from the coma. She will be on a medicine that will stop her powers from working temporarily. This will help so that if she gets scared or feels too many emotions, nothing will blow up or break. However, there are a few side effects."

The titans didn't care about side effects. Raven was going to wake up!

"The first side effect is that the medicine often causes the patient to tell the truth. I know it sounds weird, but it happens for some reason. There have been a few cases where the truth was hard to hear and it ruined relationships, but you all seem very close, and I'm sure that won't be an issue." Dr Jennie told them.

Beastboy hung his head down. He realized he wasn't ready to hear the truth from Raven. He didn't want to hear that she hates him and doesn't care about him.

"The second issue is that we can only keep her up for 24 hours exactly. No more. Remember, the purpose of waking her up is to measure how good or bad her memory, coordination, and brain function is. Things like amnesia, slurred words, or forgetting how to do things like walking. We don't want to risk running out of medicine, or putting too much strain on her mind and body."

The titans all looked at each other with smiles.... except for Beastboy. All of them were happy that she would be awake. Even if it was just for 24 hours.

"The third and final side effect is that she will not have any memory of anything that happens in the 24 hours once she wakes back up again. Whatever happens will be gone from her mind at the end of the 24 hours as soon as she goes back to sleep."

"So friend Raven will have no recollection of waking up and seeing us again?" Starfire questioned.

"I'm sorry, but no" Dr. Jamie sadly responded.

The titans looked up at the clock. It read 10:00 am. That meant 2 hours until Raven would wake up.

A nurse called for Dr. Jamie.

"Sorry, but I have to go now. I will be back at 11:55 am to get you all and bring you back to Raven's room." Dr Jamie told them with a smile.

They all smiled back and she turned and walked back. Robin waved the titans into a huddle.

"All right titans. We only have 2 hours before Raven wakes up. That means we have to get operation T.T.D (Terra-take-down) taken care of immediately. We can't let Terra see Raven, or Raven see Terra. Keep them separated at all costs." Robin told them.

They nodded.

"Cyborg, you monitor Terra's location. Beastboy, call Terra and tell her to meet you at the hospital ASAP. I'll call Titans East and tell them to get the fake money. Starfire, when they're done, you need to fly the money down to the warehouse and get it set up. We will have to move fast if we want to get this done before Raven wakes up." Robin instructed.

Once again, the titans nodded their heads and then went off to complete their tasks. Beastboy was up first. He got out his phone and stepped aside to call Terra. He searched through his contacts before he found hers. It was simply a demon emoji. He pressed "👹" and it began to ring. Then Terra responded.

"Hello?" Terra said.

"Hey... uh It's Beastboy. Look, I don't want any of the titans knowing this, but I'd really like you to come over to the hospital and be with me for a bit..."

There was a silence between them, but Beastboy knew exactly how to get her to come.

"There's been an update on Raven's health and it's kinda been weighing on my mind." Beastboy added.

Terra spoke up immediately this time.

"Oh no! I'm so sorry! Is she ok?" Terra asked.

Her acting skills were trash. He could clearly tell that she wasn't worried at all.

"Can you just come over?" He asked in a sad tone.

"I'll be right there. We can meet in the entry lobby." She told him

"Ok. That works. I'll see you soon I guess." Beastboy told her before hanging up.

He walked back over to the group.

"Terra is on her way. Cyborg, I need you to track her location to see when she gets here. Then I need you and Robin to go downstairs near the lobby and pretend to whisper about the $40,000 while I leave Terra for a bit." Beastboy told them.

He looked up at the clock on the wall. It was 10:30 am already. They didn't have much time.

At 10:45, Terra arrived at the hospital. Everything was already perfectly in place. Beastboy waited anxiously in the lobby for Terra. When she came in, she ran up and hugged him. He hugged back. He really wanted to avoid touching her at all costs because of how much he hated her, but he knew he had to put on the act convincingly. Terra didn't hesitate to get into what she actually cared about.

"So what's wrong with Raven? Is she ok? Is she dead?" Terra asked.

"No. They just told us this morning that she will have to be in a coma for at least another month." He lied.

Right on cue, Starfire called over Beastboy for a fake emergency.

"Stay right here Terra. I'll be right back in just one second." Beastboy told her.

Terra nodded in response.

Just then, Terra's ears perked up at a sound. She looked around and saw Cyborg and Robin over in the corner of a hallway whispering to each other. She listened as best as she could hoping to overhear something good about Raven, but what she heard was even better.

"The police accidentally left all of the $40,000 that Mumbo stole from the bank in the abandoned warehouse two blocks down with no security. I know that we need to be with Raven and can't get there till tomorrow, so try to keep it on the down low that it's there. We can't risk anyone finding out and taking it." Robin whispered to cyborg.

Terra heard every word loud and clear. Now she knew what she was doing tonight. She would wait till dark, and then take the money.

After a while, Beastboy came back.

"Sorry Terra. Starfire just had a question for me." Beastboy told her.

"No problem at all!" Terra said happily. Then she looked down at her wrist as if there were a watch.

"Aw man I totally forgot that I had to go... meet a friend for lunch. I have to go now. Sorry!" Terra told him.

"It's no problem at all! He responded happily.

He waved her goodbye and waited for her to get out the door. Once she was gone, Robin and Cyborg came out, and then Starfire.

"Did it work?" Starfire asked.

"I think so!" Beastboy answered.

Then Cyborg and Robin both spoke up.

"She definitely heard us." Cyborg said.

"Now we just need to track her location and notify the police when she gets close."

*11:55 am*

The titans waited anxiously in the waiting room for Dr. Jamie to come in. Robin's leg was bouncing up and down, revealing his anxiety. Beastboy was doing the same. They were all silent. Perhaps too scared to think about anything.

Suddenly, Dr. Jamie walked in. All of the Titans stood up to greet her.

"It's time for you guys to come back now. We have everything ready to go." Dr Jamie told them.

They all stood up and walked through the metal doors. Dr Jamie led them to Raven's room. When they walked in, they noticed that the bruises and cuts on Raven were healing well, and all of remaining blood had been cleaned off. It was still hard for the titans to see her hurt an unconscious though.

Doctor Jamie looked up at the clock on the wall. The clock hit 12 pm. It was time for Raven to wake up. Dr. Jamie hooked up the medicine to Raven's IV. The titans all looked at her in anticipation. That's when they noticed that Raven's hands were moving ever so slightly. Her eyes were starting to flutter too. Then they opened. She seemed scared and very confused. She started breathing heavy and her heartbeat monitor was beeping like crazy. Robin grabbed her hand.

"Hey hey. It's ok. You got hurt and you're in the hospital right now, but you're ok. We are all here. See?" Robin told her.

She looked around at her surroundings, then took a deep breath and calmed down. She pulled Robin in for a tight hug. Robin was definitely not expecting the hug. Raven rarely hugged him, or really anyone. She took another deep breath and closed her eyes as Robin continued to hug her. Her heartbeat went down to normal. She let go of Robin.

"I'm so happy to see you guys. Are you all ok?" Raven asked.

The titans were surprised. She wasn't talking in her usual monotone voice. It was still pretty low, but more casual and normal. Her facial expressions were also strong. They all looked at each other and then back at Raven.

"We are all ok. We are just so happy to see you." Cyborg told her.

Raven smiled at him and then reached out her hand, which he held onto. Cyborg and Raven had been getting pretty close. Cyborg thought of Raven as a little sister just like Robin, and he was protective over her. They would often work on the T-car together, or other mechanical things around the tower. She loved learning about that stuff because it was something she had not much knowledge on, and Raven loves to learn everything.

The team all had tears in their eyes. She was back and she was ok. They had spent the past few days worrying and worrying about her. They were so thankful for her health. They spent time talking together. Dr. Jamie had advised them not to bring up any traumatic events in her life, especially the fight with Plasmus. She told the titans to keep the conversations light and positive. They spent hours talking and laughing together, though it felt more like 10 minutes. Then Cyborg's tracker started beeping.

"What's that?" Raven asked.

"Oh the beeping? It's nothing. Some of my alarms have just been acting up. I'll go fix it and be right back." Cyborg told her.

Once out of the room, he motioned his finger for Robin and Beastboy to come out. They made an excuse to Raven and then walked out. Starfire just kept talking to Raven.

"The silent alarms that we set up at the warehouse have gone off." Cyborg told them.

"And I have a feeling that I just might know who set them off." Beastboy said with a smile.

The boys looked down at the camera. Sure enough, it was Terra. She looked around in suspicion and then grabbed the bag of (fake) money and ran off.

"The cops are there, right?" Robin asked cyborg.

"Sh*t!" Cyborg yelled.

"The censor didn't call the police like it should've. She's going to get away! And she's going to bring it back to Slade! Once he finds out that the money is fake we will never get her back from him and into jail. And it's all my fault. I'm sorry guys." Cyborg said in defeat.

Robin and Beastboy looked at each other with a devilish smile.

"You know, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing." Beastboy said.

"I know it may sound unethical, but at least we wouldn't have to worry about her harming officers and escaping with other top criminals." Robin admitted.

"So I shouldn't call the cops?" Cyborg asked.

"Well what do you think Cyborg?" Beastboy asked.

"Well considering the fact that she betrayed us multiple times, broke your heart, and almost killed my little sister, I'd say maybe she deserves it." Cyborg answered with a sly smile.

The boys then decided to let nature take its course. However, they still had her microphone running and it was being put onto a hard drive in Cyborg's system and in the tower, and they were pretty excited to hear the conversation that would ensue when Terra gave the money to Slade. But for now, it was time to do what really mattered. It was time to be with Raven.

————————————————————————
*Author's Note , Q+A, info about the rest of the book, and a very important note at the end!*

Little Q+A-
I'm curious. What is the closest you've ever come to dying? Last night I was on a walk and ended up being about 20 feet away from a lightning strike that struck the ground. The boom of thunder was so loud that it was painful on my chest and my ears rang. It was pretty surreal and I didn't stop shaking for like an hour lol.

————————————————————————

Not to spoil, but next chapter, things will start to get good. And the chapter after that will be even better. Trust me. 😉❤️ it should be up either tomorrow or the day after. Sorry if this book hasn't been the best. It's my first time writing a book. I'm used to writing essays and papers lol. I don't plan on writing another book after I'm done with this one because I'm going to college in a few weeks! Therefore, I will be pretty busy. But... if this book ends up getting views and comments I might consider it. I have an idea for a pretty cute short story. If I get 50 views then I'll write it and share it. If you'd want to read it make sure to follow me! (Not to be *that* author) 😂🙄 Thanks for reading queens! 💕

💜Remember- you're absolutely beautiful, loved, and important. No matter what anyone says, you are a total badass in you're own unique way, and the world is lucky to have you. Never let anyone's words tell you otherwise. Your body is beautiful, and so is your personality. All it takes is kindness. Make sure to spread the word to someone who you think might need it, and make sure to reach out to that one friend or family member you haven't talked to in a while. I just lost my best friend to suicide, and I wish I were there to text him more. Have an absolutely fabulous day/night!💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.7K 319 11
The Titans find themselves facing Warp once more, and when they fall into a portal that leads to the future, what will they find? What if they have t...
22.6K 457 41
A Teen Titans Fanfiction [BBRAE] & a little bit of [ROBSTAR] Trapped in despair, Raven struggles to control her emotions. #1 in robstar ✓ #24 in Cyb...
4.1K 72 21
You are your own worst enemy, and know one knows this better than Raven and Beast Boy. What will happen to the team when these inner demons start dom...
204 6 14
Something happened to Raven on a mission. Something bad. But she doesn't remember. And it's driving a wedge between her and the team...except for Ti...