PATHS | JJK ✓

By PL2298

❝[...], you seem to always find a way back onto my path.❞ What happens when two old friends and more precise... More

Chapter 1 ― Welcome Home
Chapter 2 ― Family Time
Chapter 3 ― ❝Surprise!❞
Chapter 4 ― Second Family
Chapter 5 ― Some Fresh Air
Chapter 6 ― Doctor Kim Hyejin
Chapter 7 ― HOPE Cafe
Chapter 8 ― An Odd Feeling
Chapter 9 ― Park Chaeyoung
Chapter 10 ― Free Time
Chapter 11 ― Passion
Chapter 12 ― Exhausted
Chapter 13 ― Too Soon
Chapter 14 ― Awkward Situation
Chapter 15 ― Shattered Heart
Chapter 16 ― Fight For This Love
Chapter 17 ― Another Day
Chapter 18 ― Feeling Nostalgic
Chapter 19 ― Comeback
Chapter 20 ― ❝To the girls and Jin!❞
Chapter 21 ― The Love of My Life
Chapter 22 ― Favourite Person
Chapter 23 ― Mentor
Chapter 24 ― Some Friends
Chapter 25 ― Ready
Chapter 26 ― Taking Responsibilities
Chapter 27 ― Relief
Chapter 28 ― Disappointment
Chapter 29 ― An Incredible Doctor
Chapter 30 ― Duty
Chapter 31 ― Jealousy
Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling
Chapter 33 ― Prediction
Chapter 34 ― Nothing Happened
Chapter 35 ― Hours on Hours
Chapter 36 ― Take the chance
Chapter 37 ㅡ Still love
Chapter 38 ㅡ Weakness
Chapter 39 ㅡ Don't lose her
Chapter 40 ㅡ Wake up
Chapter 41 ㅡ Fighting
Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses
Chapter 43 ㅡ Dearest friend
Chapter 44 ㅡ Feelings
Chapter 45 ㅡ Us
Chapter 46 ㅡ Back to normal
Chapter 47 ㅡ Too perfect to be real
Chapter 48 ㅡ Secrets or Lies
Chapter 50 ㅡ Let go
Chapter 51 ㅡ Negative
Chapter 52 ㅡ News
Chapter 53 ㅡ Revelation
Chapter 54 ㅡ Path
Chapter 55 ㅡ What If
{Bonus} Chapter 56 ㅡ Safe and sound
{Bonus} Chapter 57 ㅡ Shared Happiness
[Unpublished Chapter] Jeon Hyeri

Chapter 49 ㅡ Hatred

6.2K 235 119
By PL2298

It is sometimes better to just let it go.

—Park Jimin.

Chapter 49

HATRED

•••

Hyejin directed herself to the inside of the Hospital without even taking a look back. Her steps were strong and straightforward as if it was the first and only thing she wanted to do, walk away.

"Jinie, hey, wait for me."

Chaeyoung finally calmed down upon seeing her bestfriend's despair. She followed her until they reached a calmer place, one where no one could hear them. The secret balcony at the back of the Hospital.

Hyejin turned around and the look on her face brought memories to Chaeyoung's mind. It was just like in High School. Her eyes were burning red, her bottom lip was sucked in. She was holding everything in very hard.

"Jinie.." Chaeyoung whispered but the other girl wasn't receptive.

"What was that ?! I just wanted you to be calm there and support me. You weren't helping at all, screaming and shit. Why?!" She bursted out.

Chaeyoung was taken aback for a second before it hit her. She only thought about herself earlier and didn't even consider her bestfriend's feelings.

She's so fed up of seeing bad things happening to Hyejin, bad people playing with her. She was tired of it and she needed to voice it out.

It was her way to protect her bestfriend. However, she completely forgot how Hyejin hated such reactions, especially in a public area.

"I'm sorry." She declared with a sigh, "I'm so tired of these things happening to you every time you find happiness and—"

"You know I hate it! I'm tired of that too! But do I scream in front of my workplace where potential patients or coworkers can see me?!"

"No, you're right. I shouldn't have." She gestured her to calm down with both hands, "I just—"

Hyejin shoved her hands away when they were about to touch her, "I'm fucking tired of all this ! I'M TRYING MY BEST TO AVOID THOSE KIND OF THINGS !"

A heavy silence engulfed the two of them after Hyejin's words echoed. Chaeyoung didn't know what to say. She didn't blame her bestfriend for the way she reacted, she knew she needed to pour it all out.

Without saying a word, she lifted her hand upfront and waited.

Hyejin, who was now tired mentally, stared at her hand for a few seconds before meeting Chaeyoung's eyes again.  Instantly, a wave of guilt submerged her and she quickly placed her hand in hers.

"I'm sorry.." She mumbled under her breath.

"No, don't apologize." Chaeyoung shook her head and held both of her hands tightly, "Keep going. Spill it all out. You need it."

"I'm just- Why can't it be just normal for once? Didn't we go through a lot already?" Hyejin asked, "We lived apart, for years, yet it still won't work? Should I just end it now? Should I just walk away?"

"I know you love him so let's wait for the outcome." Chaeyoung suggested only to earn a surprised look from her friend. "I know, it's odd coming from me but I have a feeling about this."

"A feeling?"

Chaeyoung shrugged before an idea popped in her mind, "I have to do something. Do you trust me?"

"No?"

"I'll be back." Chaeyoung nodded before rushing back into the Hospital, leaving a dumbfounded Hyejin behind.

After dealing with a couple thing, Chaeyoung started travelling down the Hospital and reached the principal exit.

As she walked out the hall, she could see Jungkook and Soyeon from afar. Upon getting a glimpse at Jungkook's face, she was sure he wasn't too pleased about the situation.

The ex couple was now in the parking lot, next to Jungkook's car. Chaeyoung walked their way, determined, only to be stopped on track upon hearing Jungkook's voice.

"Why are you lying?! Why are you doing this?! You know none of this is true!" Jungkook raised his voice.

"Why did you leave?! Can't you see I'm enough ?! Why does it have to be Hyejin all over again ?!"

"You stop this ! I tried my best to end it on a good note but you're making it hard!"

"JUST WHY JUNGKOOK." Now it was Soyeon's turn to yell.

"Ew." Chaeyoung whispered before clearing her throat.

"What do you want?"

"Chaeyoung? Where is Hyejin?!" Jungkook spoke over his ex girlfriend.

"Give her some time off," She nodded towards Jungkook before pulling her attention to Soyeon, "When did you find out about your pregnancy ? Do you know how long have you been pregnant?"

"It's none of-"

"Answer her." Jungkook joined forces with his long time enemy, taking Soyeon aback. The latter shrugged, shaking her head at the same time.

"I-I don't know. 3 weeks ? 4 - 5weeks?" She stumbled on her words making the two look at her with confusion and doubts.

"Have you taken a pregnancy test?"

"No, why would I ? I know I am. I haven't had my period." She defended herself with pride.

Chaeyoung blinked a few times, mentally slapping her face in disbelief, before finally answering, "This is not how it works. You can take one now."

"But—"

"Let's go take it now." Junkook followed Chaeyoung's recommendation, not letting Soyeon placing a word.

Not being able to say a thing, the girl followed the duo back to the inside. Chaeyoung led the way until they reached the paediatric department.

Just like she planned, Jeno was waiting in front of a consultation room. Since the ex couple couldn't see her face, Hyejin gave Jeno a sign with her eyes and nodded as they came closer.

"Dr. Lee, are you able to do a pregnancy test now?" Jeno gently nodded at his superior's question.

"I don't want someone close from her!" Soyeon whined again only to earn a look from Chaeyoung.

"Everyone in this Hospital is family. However, Jeno is one of our students which means he'll be much more concentrated and meticulous on his job than-"

"Than who? Aren't doctors supposed to be meticulous anyway?"

Chaeyoung bit the inside of her cheeks, "than me for example. I won't be meticulous on you for sure. Jeno?"

The student nodded and gestured Soyeon to enter the room. The latter gave Jungkook one last look, hoping he would just believe her but had nothing in return.

With a long sigh, Soyeon followed Jeno.

Chaeyoung looked over her shoulder and stared at a completely exhausted Junkook. For once in her life, she felt empathy towards him. It was as if this entire story drank all the life in him.

"She's on a balcony, at the back of the Hospital, after you pass by the radiology centre. Ask a nurse, she will guide you." She declared, earning the man's full attention, "You only got a few minutes before Soyeon is done with her tests."

Jungkook's helpless gaze slightly lightened up and he nodded.

Without thinking twice, Jungkook left. He went to the radiology centre floor and started looking for a nurse station.

Thankfully, Jungkook was known by the staff as he came here often. He began asking for directions and soon enough, he reached the balcony door.

He was eager to finally talk to her, to be able to comfort her or to simply see how she was doing. He immediately pushed the door opened without thinking twice and the sight before him took his breath away.

It was as if his heart got thrown out of his chest and that every bit of him was giving up. He couldn't believe it.

Soon, hatred took over him.

"REALLY ?!"

Flashback.

Hyejin stayed there for a while and let the fresh air take away her worries. Or at least try. She watched the children playing around in the parc next the Hospital with a smile.

"Hey,"

Hyejin recognized Johnny's voice and turned around, "I was looking for you after that girl came to us earlier."

"Oh God Johnny, I'm so sorry for leaving you there hanging." Hyejin brought her hand to her forehead, shaking her head in disbelief, "That was so disrespectful of me."

"Don't worry about it. You didn't even get to drink your coffee. There." He offered a cup of coffee along with a warm smile.

A thankful grin followed her satisfied sigh as Hyejin took hold of the cup, "You're too good to me."

Johnny chuckled before joining her side. He leaned against the balcony with his elbows resting on the hard surface, "Look at those kids playing around, not caring about anything but their game."

"How I wish it was still like that now." She admitted, a pout forming on her face.

"It wouldn't be adulthood if it was that easy." He winked while turning around, now leaning his back against the glass surface, "How did your discussion go?"

"I can't even say it was a discussion but the outcome was pretty bad. Like.. bad." She insisted on her last word only to earn a laugh from Johnny. The sound of his voice oddly comforted her and she slowly eased up. "That's not even funny."

"Ha, I'm sorry but it was so desperate and relatable."

Hyejin shook her head in amusement until reality kicked back in and shut her up again.

Johnny couldn't ignore the sudden change on her face. He slowly extended his arms in the air and waited, "Come on. I'm not saying a hug can solve it all but it can surely help."

End of flashback.

•••

A/N: So? Thoughts?🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 673 28
|| COMPLETED || Hoseok is (basically) forced to go on vacation and leave his stressful idol life behind, at least for a little while. He wasn't expec...
238K 7.2K 52
**Mature Content: don't read if you're sensitive to some subjects** What happens when BTS find out someone is moving with them? "Have you heard of (Y...
48.6K 1.3K 69
Kim Y/N is a normal girl living her life on her own along with her beloved friends and family. Suddenly,a guy named Jeon Jungkook showed up in her li...
567K 30.1K 47
COMPLETED "I love you." "But you're married." A KookJin/JinKook FanFic 1 - Jungkook (082521) 1- Jin (082521) 1 - JinKook (03072020) 2 - seokjin (0522...