Mischief on Midgard

SofiePedersen595 által

Takes place after the first Avengers movie, then goes AU. If Odin truly sees Thor and Loki as equal, they ou... Több

Banishment
First day on Midgard
Monster in the alleyway
Toomes Salvage company
Robert
Fine line
Not Lokis problem
Avengers Tower
Next step
Mischief is Key
An old fable
Winther Soldier
Remember
Finding answers
Going vigilanty
Times past
Science Bros
Green beast
Join the family
Ms Potts
Drinks and Peanuts
The Widow
Natural disaster
Meaning of worth
Normalcy
Avengers Assemble
The feast
A simple plea
A day outside
Family
Bonus Fluff Chapter
Trouble in Paradise
Days gone by
Sokovia
Before the Storm
Party Crasher
End game
God of lies
The Scarlet Witch
Why we wouldn't kneel
Water of sight
In the fire
Defiance
A place called eartn
The Guardians
Cell talk
Fireworks
Reflection
The 'M' word
Return to earth
An old friend
The key word
The naked truth
Reconcile
The God of Mischief
Glacignis
The Avengers
Working together
The night before
The first wave
Vengence
Cool God
One for the books
The final Battle
Waking up
The end

New Pet

389 22 10
SofiePedersen595 által

Often when you play as a particular character-type, props and settings are just as important as the costume and actor. And so, Loki had created a set for his next little performance.

The place he lived in had been quite spartan in terms of furniture and the like. More like a workspace than a 'home.' For the occasion, though, he had bothered to furnish it more before he'd left on his little mission. To make his 'character' more believable.

He'd bought a comfortable couch, and a dark brown wooden table sat in front of the TV. Old vinyl records of the Beatles and other singers hung on the wall as if they were priceless art pieces. He'd seen it in a magazine and knew that the mid- to -older generations held onto such things like dragons protecting their horde. Books from various authors had been picked up at the nearby flee marked, but they were just there to fill up the bookshelf he'd gotten. He had no idea what half of them were about, but placing the titles on display made it seemed like they had special meaning to him.

Upon arriving home, he had placed his assassin friend on the bed in his bedroom. Said bedroom had also been made to look as friendly and welcoming as possible. Ideally, it would help the man form a good first impression of Loki as he woke up. Hence why he had to make it look as genuine as possible.

There was a wooden armoire, filled to the brim with clean clothes of good quality. More books on another, smaller shelving unit, and a wall painting depicting a forest in calm dark green colors. All very calming, soothing things to look upon.

Loki himself was wearing a pair of brown pants and a brown waistcoat that was buttoned up over a soft, cream-colored shirt. The glasses from earlier were in place, resting on the bridge of his nose. His hair was neat and clean but had a slightly ruffled look to it to convey a relaxed air about him.

'Robert Johnson' was ready for his guest. All he lacked now... was his guest. The assassin still hadn't woken up yet. Loki sighed and went to pick one of the random books he had bought and sat down to read. Patience was the key here, no matter how much he wanted to 'get on with the show,' so to speak.

Loki was sitting on the couch hours later in the living room, casually reading said book when he heard it... someone was stirring in the bedroom.

Good... he's waking up, Loki thought with a smirk as he turned to the next page. Now then, time to let him come to me. Give him the chance to feel like he is the one surprising me.

It took several minutes before his assassin friend actually came out to the living room. Loki could clearly hear his guest examining the bedroom, warily shifting things about as if looking for clues as to where he was. The other man wouldn't find anything in there though. Well, nothing other than books, clothes, fresh sheets, and so forth.

The man finally stepped into the living room, though Loki could not see him, only hear him as he moved about. Loki had deliberately left his back open to his assassin friend. If the first thing his guest saw was his back, then it was likely that he would feel safe and in control of the situation.

A surprisingly hesitant voice spoke up a moment later, "Um... excuse me?"

Loki made a good show out of jumping and dropping his book as if startled.

"Ah!" wide-eyed and making a good show of being surprised, Loki turned around. "You're awake! Ah, excuse me, I didn't realize you were up. I would have checked on you if I'd known."

Loki stood up and took a small step toward the other man. He paused and frowned as if in concern as he looked the assassin over.

"Do you need anything? You really shouldn't be up yet," Loki said in a worried voice. "I can get you some water? Or maybe some food? How is your face, does it still hurt?"

His assassin friend looked at him in both confusion, and no small amount of surprise as Loki spoke. He lifted a hand to his cheek, where Loki had applied a bandage.

"I.. I'm doing okay, actually," he breathed slowly. He winced in pain as he met Loki's gaze. He looked away and held his head, letting out a low groan of agony. "What... What happened to me? Why...? Oh god, my head hurts so much right now."

"You need to sit down!" Loki pulled a chair forward and helped guide his guest over to it. "Just relax, alright? I'll get you some water."

As his guest sat down, Loki walked over to the kitchen. Thankfully it was an open kitchen build, so he still had a clear view of his guest and what said guest was doing.

"How about some tea as well?" he offered in a slightly louder voice. "That always helps me relax whenever I have a headache. Is chamomile alright?"

"Yeah... That's fine," Loki's guest groaned again, rubbing at his head. "I.. I'm sorry if this sounds odd but, who are you?"

"Me? My name's Robert Johnson," Loki called back over his shoulder as he readied a glass of water and then filled the electric kettle with water. "And you are?"

He fell silent, eagerly awaiting a response to the simple-seeming question.

This is it, Loki thought with a mental grin. Give me your name, my foolish little assassin. Who are you?

"I'm... my name... is James," he said his name slowly as if trying it out after a long time of not hearing it. "James Buchanan Barnes. My... my friends... my friends call me 'Bucky.'"

Loki smirked as he turned on the electric kettle. Bingo. A name might not seem like much, but with the access that Loki had to the internet? It was all that he needed.

I have you talking, and I now know your name, Loki thought with a mental sneer. You're mine now, James Buchanan Barnes, whether you realize it or not.

Ten minutes later, Loki came with a tray that had tea for them both, water, and some salty crackers. Even he knew not to offer too much in the way of food just then. It was likely that the man's headache would prevent him from stomaching anything more than light meals. He put the tray on the table and sat back down on the couch as he looked his guest over. Bucky was still groaning and had started mumbling softly to himself as he held his head.

"Are you feeling alright?" Loki asked, showing an innocent air of concern for the other man.

"I.. I'm not sure. My mind is kinda... floaty? It's like... It's like I've woken up from a nightmare, but it keeps coming back to me again and again now that I'm awake. It feels so real, and it's hard to figure out what's real and what isn't now that I'm awake," he sighed and looked up at Loki with a small frown. "How... Can you tell me how I got here? Or where 'here' even is. Or who you are? Everything feels... off."

Loki looked back at him with a pensive frown. He picked up one of the cups of tea and sipped it before he spoke.

"I brought you here," he admitted in a gentle tone.

Bucky frowned at him, blinking rapidly in confusion.

"Why?" he asked.

"I don't like slavery," Loki replied with a small shrug, "and to put it simply, Hydra was keeping you as a slave. Am I correct?"

A wide-eyed Bucky looked at him and then nodded. His eyes were flicking back and forth like he saw something that wasn't there. Memories

"You were... sent to kill me," Loki said slowly, keeping his voice gentle and kind. "Do you remember that?"

Bucky's eyes widened in shock, his face going pale.

"Kill... you? Why would I... You... I was sent to kill...? But you're not a..." he hissed abruptly, eyes going wide and flickering about a little more wildly than before. Loki stayed quiet, knowing the other man was trying to sort through his memories. "Steve?! How was he... wait. No... before that. A... leak? They wanted me to terminate the leak. You... You're the leak, right?"

Loki nodded and set down his cup of tea.

"I am. It... It was an accident, though," Loki informed the other man, using a sheepish tone now. "I... I found out that HYDRA had infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D... On a rather frightening level, no less. I tried to warn S.H.I.E.L.D. about the depths of their infiltration, but HYDRA kept intercepting the information before it could go too far."

Bucky looked at Loki askance and then snorted softly. He shook his head, eyes glinting with a small amount of mirth. It was the most emotion that Loki had ever seen from the man. The difference was intriguing and quite possibly useful. If the man was a naturally open individual, then Loki could use that to his advantage.

"You are not very good at delivering information. Not a single piece made it to S.H.I.E.L.D. higher-ups..." Bucky frowned and tilted his head as if in thought, "at least... not before you told Steve directly? I think I remember that right."

"Yeah..." Loki glanced down and chuckled ruefully. "I am not precisely an agent myself. I just happened to stumble upon the information and thought I would do the right thing."

Bucky focused back on him again, his eyes growing soft and gentle. Even the smile he offered was sickeningly reassuring.

"You did. The right thing that is," Bucky assured Loki adamantly. His face turned pensive a moment later, his eyes again doing that odd flickering about thing. He rubbed at his forehead and let out a small grunt. "But you're... you're in danger now. Those Hydra agents, the ones not captured in the fallout, they'll want to kill you. By... by any means necessary. Oh... that's not good."

Loki looked up, twisting his face to look shocked. Fearful.

"But... They're gone now, right?" Loki asked in a semi-frantic tone as if doubting his new 'friend's' words. "It was on the news! Captain America defeated them!"

"HYDRA is a large global organization. Right now, they are scattered, yes, but fractions would still remain even if the main 'head' of the organization is cut off. It's why they call themselves Hydra in the first place!" Bucky stated. His voice was urgent. His eyes were honest and desperate. "Listen... it's going to be okay. I owe you big time, Robert. I'll make sure you're safe from them, I swear. No matter what, they won't take you."

Oh, this was going even better than Loki could possibly have imagined it to! The man, the real Bucky sitting in front of him, he was one of those Humans with a bleeding heart! Such people were very, very easy to manipulate. Give them a cause that they could believe in, and why, they would even martyr themselves for the 'cause'. Foolish, but the man was still an incredibly skilled soldier in so many ways.

Oh, what a lovely pet I've found, Loki thought to himself with another mental smirk. Dear Bucky here will make perfect bodyguard. Going after him was absolutely worth it!

Loki kept his shocked mask in place for a moment before shifting to one that looked thoughtful and contemplative. He nodded his head a few moments later. It wouldn't do to seem too eager to accept Bucky's 'help.'

"Yes, I... I see what you mean," he said carefully. He sighed and smiled gratefully at the other man. "Thank you for that. Bucky, I.. I'm sorry, these past few days has been pretty overwhelming for me. With you here to protect me, I feel a bit safer about things."

He held his own forehead, tucking his head down as if he was developing his own headache, and allowed his lips to twist in a gleeful smirk. Bucky voiced a small, uncomfortable 'you're welcome', before looking around the room. It was kind of the man, giving Loki time to 'come to terms' with things. Loki took a moment to indulge himself in his success before twisting his face back into its' prior, worried expression. When he met Bucky's gaze, he saw that the man's eyes were filled with pain.

"No... I wish I could protect you," Bucky swallowed, and he tapped at his forehead a moment later. "But... I can't promise that. HYDRA still has ways to get inside my mind. I remember that. A phrase. Words... I can't remember exactly, but if they find me and can say them then... I won't be me anymore. I'll... be their slave again."

He spat out the word 'slave' and looked to the side, hanging his head in shame. Loki nodded to himself. A trigger word, perhaps even an entire sentence or series of phrases, would likely reestablish their hold on the other man. Interesting... If Loki could learn those words himself... Oh, the possibilities.

"But don't worry! I won't leave until I know you're safe," Bucky stated firmly. "It's the least I can do and... I think... I know someone who can help... since he's still alive. He's a friend and... well, I'm sure he can keep you safe."

"Oh?" Loki asked with a raised brow. Bucky seemed to be a bit confused as he spoke. It was as if he knew his friend was alive but was having trouble believing it now that his mind was his own again.

"You... You know about Steve Rogers, right? You called him Captain America earlier," Bucky started eagerly. "I'm not entirely sure how he can be alive, here and... you know, still so young! But he is, and that's what matters. If we can get you to him, then there's no way he'll let any harm come to you on his watch!"

Steve Rogers? This guy knew Steve Rogers?! And he was going to put in a good word for Loki?

Oh, this is interesting! Loki thought to himself. This is very interesting! Please, James 'Bucky' Barnes, do introduce me to the good Captain. One of Earth's mightiest heroes. In my debt for helping you, his friend? That sounds... absolutely wonderful.

Loki gave Bucky a small nod and a nervous smile.

"Thank you... I... I'll appreciate it."

"It's going to be okay!" Bucky assured. "I'll make sure of it!"

Oh yes... I have no doubt, Bucky. Things are indeed going to be just fine.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

721 23 14
Another fanfiction based on Loki and Thor. CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR RAGNAROK AND INFINITY WAR IF NOT YET WATCHED. Asgard is destroyed. Loki, Thor, Heimd...
145K 4.3K 25
[COMPLETED] After Loki tries to rule the world, the Avengers imprisoned him. Loki stayed there a long time, while he learned from his mistakes. He wa...
1.6K 71 37
On Asgard, Odin is critically ill, possibly even dying. Odin has banished Loki to Midgard for all eternity. Odin has sent for Thor to take the throne...
474K 17K 38
After Loki was brought back from Midgard, he was a trial held for him to determine his punishment. For his actions against Midgard, he was to be put...