Icarus (INFREQUENT UPDATES)

By -Soft_Decays-

¡HUGE MANGA SPOILERS! you have been warned. Hawks remembered waking up in the hospital, face down on the bed... More

Shower Thoughts
To Take It All Back
An Offer That You Won't Be Able To Refuse
So, Is That A Deal?
Fly Bitch, Fly
Bandages
Just Go Back To Sleep
Do You Love Me?

The Figure In The Dark

605 43 18
By -Soft_Decays-

Few days later

Hawks was so close to snapping at this point. He wasn't sure what exactly he would do, if he would yell or cry or what, but he was so close.

He hated how many people would look at him with pity. He knew he didn't deserve pity. Then why do people keep looking at him that way?

He wasn't even doing anything. KFC was calling his name, and he hadn't left his apartment in what felt like forever. So, why not?

He couldn't imagine how he looked right now, some twenty three year old man in a hoodie with the hood pulled up over his head walking down the street while eating chicken from a KFC bucket he had held to his chest. He started to notice how many weird looks people had given him, like he was some sort of wild animal.

At least they were better than the pitiful ones.

Hawks didn't really know where he was going at this point. He had passed his apartment complex ages ago. Besides, if he went back in, who knows when he would come back out again? Right now, it was just nice to be outside.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket and was tempted to just let it ring. Deciding against that idea since the last time he ignored it he ended up with a pissed off Endeavor standing concerned at his door.

He didn't look at the ID when he answered, instead just tapping the button to answer the phone.

"Hawks speaking."

"Hey, I just wanted to check in on how you were doing. I haven't been able to talk to you since the hospital." He felt a small smile tug on his lips as he recognized the voice on the other line.

"Oh, Tsukuyomi, nice to hear from ya." The blond said with a somewhat cheery voice. He really did enjoy the boy interning at his agency. He gave him his personal number when he had went to check on the hero in the hospital. This kid was going places, and Hawks had the intent to support him every step of the way.

"I'm doing okay. I mean, I'm alive. I won't be doing hero work or anything any time soon." He chuckled softly, shifting his hold on his KFC bucket.

The line was quiet for a second before Tokoyami did answer.

"I apologise for not arriving sooner. I wish we could have-"

"No, no don't blame yourself." Hawks couldn't hear pity in his voice. No, he was just being apologetic. "Without you, I wouldn't be able to do anything right now, you know that? You saved me, and for that I am grateful."

The line went quiet again. Hawks could hear whispers on the other side, but couldn't pick it out. Finally, he answered.

"I have to let you go. I'm apparently getting dragged out to socialize."

"Ah, got it. Well, thanks for checking in on me, and everything else. You're my hero." Hawks chuckled as Tokoyami immediately hung up the phone.

Bird Kid 🦆

yo what the hell?

Should you be texting that to a kid?

ive said worse in front of you before

True.

besides its not like im a teacher or
anything

legally i can say whatever the duck i want
infront of you

answer the question

You know why.

Can't talk now, bye.

***

It's been five days.

Five days since he last saw Toga.

So where the fuck was she?

Dabi hadn't gone back to the basement at all this entire time. He hasn't even slept the entire time. And he still hasn't found her.

He knows it all his fault.

She wasn't in the right mental place at the time. Why would he think it would be a good idea to let her wander out?

He knew exactly why though. He wanted her to be happy.

But now he had no clue where she was or if she was okay. He could've lost her forever. That thought was eating him up inside. The one he cared about most in the league was missing.

Dabi had his own hood pulled up over his head. He checked to make sure his face was hidden as he walked through the streets. Sure, it was almost dark out, but he didn't want the cops to be called or a hero to come try and take him down. He wasn't in the mood.

As he was walking, he carefully scanned the sidewalk. Not many people were outside anyway, just a few. It made it easy to pick a certain someone out.

The one bird he didn't want to see. Walking down the road, ripping chicken off of the bone with his teeth.

***

Damnit! Hawks saw the empty bottom of the bucket and any sort of happiness he had been feeling was immediately sucked out of him. With a frown he started to continue walking. He started to scan the street for a trash can but instead saw something else.

A person, just a bit away from him. Obviously, they were following him, but Hawks couldn't pick out any easy details. He could feel the hair on the back of his neck stand up as he continued to look forward.

Sure, he had strength that didn't involve his quirk. However, he wasn't able to build up a lot of muscle due to the strength it took to flap his wings and lift him to the sky. Sure, most of the feathers he could move telepathically, but when he flew he had to carry them on his back. So if he was to get in a fight with someone who has an eight out of ten chance of having a quirk, well...

He's toast.

With a quick glance around the street, he could already tell where he was. This street wasn't busy, but one near by almost always is. He just needs to get there.

Making a turn, Hawks shot a glance over to see the man still following him. He immediately started to speed up, dropping the KFC bucket in a dumpster as he walked by it.

He didn't hear them. Not at all. It was silent even when he got pushed into the wall, the burn on the side of his face yelling at his brain to get off. He could feel one hand on his head, holding it against the wall to keep him from moving while the other one pushed against his back, right where his wings used to be.

"Hey! What the fuck dude?" He yelped, putting his hands against the wall to push off. He suddenly felt a heat radiate from behind him, an all to familiar heat.

"I wouldn't try it if I was you." The voice was so close to his ear as he shivered. His brain was thrown into panic as he tried to assess the situation. "Look at that. Completely gone, huh? Nothing's left of them." Dabi chuckled, the hand on his back feeling around it a bit.

"What do you want?" Hawks hissed, but he didn't dare move. He had no chance if he did.

"Simple." Dabi snickered, pushing his head against the wall again. "I'm going to finish what I started." He felt the heat on his back start to intensify as he tried to push him away. His attempts were futile, however, as he just started to burn the blond more.

"Dabi wait!" Hawks cried out as his sweatshirt started to slowly get burned from the controlled flames. He could feel it on his already scarred skin. "Let me explain!"

His sweatshirt was pulled backwards as the hand on his head pulled away. Hawks landed on his side, back screaming in agony as he scrambled to get up. Again he was pushed against a wall, this time with his back to the wall. The only thing going through his mind was panic.

He was going to die here.

***

⊂(・▽・⊂)

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 83 10
This is a DabixHawks book because it's another ship I love. The picture I use in stories are not by me I just find them on google. NOT EDITED Hawks...
35.9K 764 18
❗TRIGGER WARNING❗ Mentions of abuse. If ur uncomfortable with it or feel as though you'll be affected by it click off this now or don't I can't contr...
6.5K 269 34
Shigaraki was defeated, leaving the Liberation Front to Dabi and Toga to lead. But everything changed when Dabi receives a message from his ex-partne...
16.9K 347 56
~*• || UNDER REVISIONS || •*~ ________________________ "Welcome to the Hunter's of Artemis" "Hero Lover" He spat. "Run, run and remember I love you,"...