➵ coffee heart ➵

By myggokjin

a namjin café au "If you kiss people when you're drunk, then we should become drinking buddies." in which nam... More

•冬•
•夏•
•秋•
•冬•
Afterword

•春•

474 53 55
By myggokjin

I was originally going to put alternate between nj and jin gifs but turns out wattpad hates them so

○•●•○•●•○

Taehyung loves playing piano- no that's too basic, literally everyone I went to school with learnt piano and I don't want Taehyung to be basic. Maybe he wanted to be a pianist when he was younger but there was some traumatic experience involved- no. Maybe he was born a piano when he was younger-

What?

Namjoon groaned and slumped on his plain white desk that he had originally bought because of how simplistic and neat it was but right now, it was anything but, with pieces of paper in various degrees of usage and condition strewn all over the surface and surrounding the plain black laptop with its screen open and showing the empty Word document. Well, there was one sentence written on it and that one sentence was barely five words long.

A few crumpled-up paper balls fell off the table to join their other fallen comrades as Namjoon stretched out his arm on his desk to reach for a new pen when he realised the one he was holding had run out of ink, and he held the new pen onto the thin white paper of his notebook, screaming mentally as he couldn't think of anything to write.

He had recently gone to Lotte Concert Hall, as a famous pianist was playing that day and Namjoon had been a fan of his for a long time, so he was riding the high from the inspiration his visit provided him with, even though it had already been a week since the performance.

The alpha was restless, as one would be after being on a strict diet regime of caffeine, energy bars and ramen. And while he had progressed story-wise, he wanted Taehyung to have some sort of special connection to the missing pianist in his book. The plot was that Taehyung wasn't too bothered about another person missing until the pianist's manager tells him that he's actually the famous pianist and Taehyung's interest is immediately piqued.

But why? That was the question Namjoon had struggled to answer for a few days now, he wanted the motive behind Taehyung's sudden attention to be something unexpected, not like some 'oh he's just a huge fan of the pianist' or anything of that sort.

He looked up at the ceiling, at the spinning ceiling fan and let himself fall into its hypnotising whirling for a few minutes before letting out a groan and finally getting up from his chair, stretching out before making his way to the window that looked out onto the metropolitan skyscrapers of Seoul, now dotted with blotches of pink from the March cherry blossoms blooming, signalling the end of winter and the start of spring.

It was an idyllic sight to behold.

Kim Namjoon, this will not do, you have spent the first week of spring indoors, is this how you want to spend your year, your new beginnings? You want to spend it cooped up inside your dingy little apartment drinking coffee from vending machines? Why not go outside and get some actual coffee? You're wasting this beautiful spring day away.

He grabbed his favourite grey cashmere scarf (the only one he hadn't torn yet), a dark green army jacket and walked out the door, double checking and making sure he actually brought his keys, phone and wallet this time before walking down the many flights of stairs. He could take the lift, of course, but he decided to warm his body for a nice lengthy walk first.

The air wasn't as unbearably cold anymore, more of a nice chilly breeze that sort of encouraged one to go out and get a nice hot drink or snack to eat as one made their way to work or wherever they were headed, and indeed, as Namjoon reached the entrance of the building a few people in suits and office attire rushed past him, phone in one hand and their breakfast of the day in the other as cars and vehicles of all shapes and sizes drove past.

He set off for his usual walk that he took whenever he felt uninspired and bored, first past the block, then along the row of company buildings, all glass covered and with many bumbling worker bees going in and out. Then down to the park where cherry blossom leaves littered the pavements, making Namjoon feel a sense of pity for the poor street cleaners who would have to sweep all of them up.

After a long stretch of the cherry blossom showering their pretty pink leaves down on Namjoon and every pedestrian walking underneath, Namjoon brushed off the leaves off his shoulders and continued walking. He was getting a bit thirsty now, and the morning air wasn't getting any warmer so he decided to walk to his favourite row of shophouses and cafés, see if there was anything he wanted to eat for breakfast.

He was about to walk into his favourite coffee shop where they made his favourite drink, and his order was usually very complicated and it was one of the few places that actually knew how to make the drink, which Namjoon usually only drank when it was a special occasion even though nothing had happened besides a surge of writer's block that was still leaden on him. He supposed today would be classified as a special occasion in his dictionary, being the first time he went outside in spring.

However, when he reached the store, he was greeted by the giant CLOSED sign followed by a notice and a number. He stood there, dumbfounded. He had only just visited a week ago, when he stopped by to buy his latte before the 8pm performance. The barista had just smiled and given him the drink; no mention that the café was going out of business.

He sighed, kicking a pebble on the ground after reading the notice. "Well, that was rather sudden," he said to no one in particular, it was quiet now, he had traversed far away from the crowded public places and the office workers, who were these shops' main customers, were all at work meaning most of the street was empty save for a few passer-by's. Most of the shops were still closed as well since they knew full-well where their main customers were.

He walked on, his previous serene and happy mood now gone and replaced by frustration and sheer disappointment. And he was feeling thirsty. However, like a sign from the heavens, he noticed a shop that had its door open, the distinct, irrefutable smell of freshly made coffee coming out from it and carried by the wind.

It was quiet, as he expected. A small tinkling rang when Namjoon pushed open the glass door and stepped into the small minimalistic coffee shop, the soft lo-fi jazz filling his ears as he took in the woody undertones and black accents of the place, with its over-hanging plants in their tiny little pots. Namjoon had to duck on the way to the counter, as a barista exited through the back door and walked behind the counter, "Hello, welcome, what can I get y-" the omega faltered, eyes widening.

Namjoon was equally as shocked. "Well hello there, Mr I Only Had One Bottle. Long time no see" he finally said after getting over the fact that the same omega from that night was here. In front of him. And still looking ever so beautiful.

"I'm not an alcoholic, I swear, that was just..." the omega was blushing, "I was just going through some stuff back then."

"Do you just kiss people when you're drunk and depressed then?" he asked, making the omega go even redder until he was almost the same shade of red as that night. So cute.

"No! I d-don't get drunk that often, and I certainly don't kiss people on the street when I do get drunk, okay? Look, I'm really, really sorry about that, I shouldn't have done that, I wasn't thinking straight." The omega said as Namjoon trailed his eyes over to the shiny gold nametag on the omega's black denim apron.

Kim Seokjin. Ha, we have the same last name-

Kim is literally the most common surname in all of Korea, you're not special, Namjoon.

"I was about to say if that's how you get when you're drunk then we should be drinking buddies, but I guess not anymore." The alpha arched his neck to look at the chalkboard menu as the omega choked before blushing, deciding that the prices were reasonable. "I'd like one medium iced Caramel Latte, half-sweet, no-fat and with an extra shot, please."

Seokjin looked at him questionably, blinking a few times before opening those plush, red lips of his, "...okay, um... can you repeat that?"

"...right." Seokjin looked like he didn't catch a single part of that but he was too awkward to ask for a repeat, instead just grabbing a plastic cup and turning around to prepare the order, giving Namjoon a very nice view of his hourglass figure, something everyone could only ask for at 3AM the day before a wedding, that was accentuated by the apron tied around his waist.

Now that the omega wasn't stumbling around like a new-born deer learning to walk, Namjoon realised the he wasn't actually as short as he thought he was, coming up to Namjoon's cheekbones. And Namjoon was pretty tall himself, with omegas usually being at most a head shorter than him or less. And his shoulders were pretty wide, or maybe it was the uniform. Contrary to how the omega was dressed the other night, all wrapped up and cosy looking, he was now in a white button-down shirt with the sleeves pulled up to his elbows, and his hair was dyed brown now. He was honestly surprised he recognised Seokjin even with these changes since his memory was exceptionally bad these few months, but he supposed you don't just forget a face like that, as well as the face of someone who kisses you on the street on New Years, more drunk than every 18 year old experiencing clubbing first-hand.

"I'm really sorry if I got your order wrong, but I really tried, Mr..." Seokjin dragged out expectantly, holding out a plastic cup with what Namjoon presumed to be his order and a paper straw.

The alpha took the cup and pushed the straw through the hole on top before holding it to his mouth and taking a sip, letting the sweet liquid fill his senses. Perfect.

"Namjoon. Kim Namjoon. And the drink is fine, though I would suggest you remember it to heart."

"Why?"

"Because I'll be ordering that every time I come here," the alpha replied smoothly before turning away and leaving, letting the chilly morning air brush past his face as he walked back, drink in hand.

Yes, today is a special occasion type of day. And that jazz music in that café is giving me an idea for Taehyung. And, if that line didn't sound as smooth as it did in my head , I'll never step foot in there again.

○•●•○•●•○

Good morning my stray cats wattpad is a fat hoe and i ran out of data so i couldn't uPDatE tHis

This took me so long to edit and fix up the gifs cuz wattpad has this thing where you can't upload gifs over 3mb and ALL THE GOOD GIFS ARE OVER 3MB UGH

Namjoon sends you kisses now VOTE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4M 184K 39
in which the school's resident badboy helps a seemingly unattractive loser win the heart of his best friend. it sounds like a good idea at first, ho...
37.3K 3.2K 31
The story in which Jungkook hates Seokjin so much that he ends up kissing him❤️
63.6K 1.3K 24
Falling In love at first sight But then you're set in arrange marriage
136K 4.1K 26
Taehyung lost his boyfriend five years ago in an accident. He is long over the loss of it and is trying to start new over. He just wants to be happy...