Like the First Time (Harry St...

By Swissgirl10

{Book 2} I bet you thought Harry and Lydia's story was over, correct? Guess what, you were fooled! Follow Lyd... More

Chapter 1: Meet Harry
Chapter 2: Hear me out
Chapter 3: Wonderwall
Chapter 4: Nachos
Chapter 5: Pink Lips
Chapter 6: Soon you will be
Chapter 7: Creep
Chapter 9: The Solution
Chapter 10: Swings in the Park
Chapter 11: Waiting
Chapter 12: Wide Eyes

Chapter 8: Panic Attacks

390 16 2
By Swissgirl10

***JUST A QUICK REMINDER TO VOTE/COMMENT/FAN ME PLEASE***

Chapter 8: Lydia

I'm dying to know why they haven't contacted me about my phone and the note. It's been three days and the bothering messages continue to harrass me.

I walked into my lecture hall the day after Jaz and I visited the police station to find one lonely rose sitting on my desk with a paper next to it. The flowers color was a bright orange, quite similiar to the red writing on the paper.

Some say the orange rose stands for enthusiasm while others say it means desire. I desire you, Ms. Sky.

When I found the note, I immediately took Jaz aside and showed it to her. I was forced to stiffle a panic attack, something I have been experiencing more frequently than I'd like to let people know. I stuffed the note into my jacket pocket and tossed the rose into one of the desk drawers, out of sight but not out of mind.

Today, five days after I recieved the first terrifying gesture from the stalker, I got a note on my apartment's fireescape. I managed not to wake up my neighbors while I went through a long, excrutiatingly painful panic attack.

This person, they know where I live. That, by it self, is the most scary thing of all. Looking back at the note now, I can't peel my eyes off the haunting words.

Ms. Sky, do I frighten you with my undeniably pure love? I could fix that. Would you like to meet somewhere, my sweet?

My cellphone, currently pressed against my year, is still ringing. Jaz has been busy for the past few hours with studying for an exam. But, she said that she would have her phone on just for me. In case anything else happened with the case.

After a few minutes of trying to reach her, I hang up and dial for Chris, something I never really do. He doesn't pick up either.....the first.....the second.........and even the third time.

I toss my phone onto the couch, the device landing by the newest note. I run my fingers up my throat, across my face and through my tangled hair. This is getting worse.

It's as if I can feel them creeping into my mind, setting fire to the calmest of parts I hold.

Ryan.

"Oh god," I mutter. "He doesn't even know..."

Should I bother him?

Will he do something?

Grasping my phone, I unlock it and search for his number. As soon as I dial it, I immediatly go to voicemail. He must have shut it off for an interview or movie shotting.

"Hey," Ryan's cool voice carries from the speaker. "I'm not here right now, but please leave your name and number, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can."

Beep.

Clearing my throat, I begin, "Hey, Ry. It's me...Lydia. Listen, I'm in huge trouble. Someone...some person is stalking me. And, and they know where I work, and what my car is and where I live. Oh god, Ryan. I'm scared. I'm more scared than the first time I didn't listen to my mom. I'm more scared than when I had to leave all of you behind in LA. Shit, Ryan...I need help. Please call me back. I'm scared."

I knew I had started crying as soon as I said his nickname. I ccould feel the tears running down my face as if it were burning lava.
I throw my phone down onto the couch again and get up. I don't have any classes today. I don't have to leave my apartment.

But, I need to leave.

This person knows everything about me, it seems. They know what my damn career is for crying out loud. If they're watching me then they know that I saw the note caught in the edge of my window.

I don't bother changing out of the sweatshirt I've been living in everytime I enter my home. Harry's sweatshirt. It's the only thing that's not professional and is loose on me. Thank God for Harry Styles and his tall body that I adore.

I slip into some boots as I shove my wallet and keys into the hoodie's front pocket. I take one look around my apartment, in search of anything else I could need.

Water.

Water has been the only thing keeping my insides going for the past week. I haven't been really eating. Well, except for the time Jaz and Chris -who know about what's going on- forced me to eat chinese take out food.

As a mermaid, we don't require much food. All we really need is to have pure water in our lives. I shuffle to the kicten and pull out a water bottle to go along with the other things I'll carry. My eyes glance over to the cellphone.

I should bring it. What if Jaz calls back? What if Ryan calls back?

Going against my better judgement, I grab the phone along with the note. I turn towards the door and almost jump when I see that I had left it open.

That's terrifying.

Walking out of the door, I shut and lock it firmly before I can convince myself to step back in the apartment. Soon, I'm outside where snow is falling lightly to celebrate this seemingly boring New Years Eve day.

Shops are closing early, as they do, and I can't find a place to spend my day at. Children are putside with their familiar, having a jolly old time.

If only they knew that a threat lurked around me like a plague.

I begin to window shop in the city, avoiding the large crowds that it seemed to possess nonstop. Couples and friends were laughing, having such great times while making incredible memories.

If only I had my life figured out. I bet other 18 year olds are getting off from university to go home and see their families. I bet they're all happy, and wonderful, and smile while having some of the best times of their lives.

"Oompf," I groan when I run into someone. "Sorry I didn't-"

"It's alright, Miss. I didn't either." A deep voice quakes. I brush off some snow from my sweatshirt and look up. He looked oddly familair. So familair that I would have to say he was, "Ms. Sky?"

"Oh, Will. I'm sorry I didn't see you." I say, looking at one of my shy students. He usually sat in the second row but answered my questions often.

"It's fine. I wasn't watching where I was going." He lets out a loud chuckle. So loud, it sounds almost forced and rough. "Where are you going, Ms. Sky?"

"Please, William. Call me Lydia, everyone else does." I give him a knowing look. Sometimes when answering questions in class, he'd call me Ms. Sky.

It's as if he couldn't get used to calling one of his professors by their first name.

"Oops, sorry. Lydia." He grins and I grin back at him. "Is that better, Lydia?"

"Much better, thank you, William." I look around as the crowd of people move around us. "Any special plans tonight?"

"No, not really." His shadowy eyes look away at the crowd.

"Oh, c'mon. Any person you're going to kiss when the ball drops?" I nudge him on as a blush creeps its way onto his cheeks and into his ears.

He lets out an awkward chuckle. "Ah, no. Not this year I think."

"Oh, what a shame." I say, trying to finish off the conversation. It's not that he doesn't keep good company, but it's that I'd rather be alone right now with no one near me. Or, at least, paying attention to me.

"Well, what about you, Ms. Sky...oh right, Lydia?" He gives a pointed look as he stuffs his hands into his coat pockets.

"Nothing planned, probably just going to stay in and relax. Maybe read a good book or watch an old film."

"You like those kinds of thing?" He cocks his head to the side.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorite things to do with my boyfriend." I explain, taking a sip from my water bottle.

"Oh, that's right. You have a boyfriend."

I widen my eyes, looking down. "Yeah, I do. Listen, it was great seeing you, William. But I have to get going."

"But I was thinking we could go watch a movie together." His grin falters.

"What? Oh no-"

"It'll be on me, Lydia. I'll pay for it, just let me have some company, okay? I know this great place on the corner of-"

"Will, I'm sorry, but I'm on my way somewhere and I can't go." I attempt to explain again. His eyes grow embarrassed.

"It's fine, Ms. Sky. I'll be going now. Have a great New Year."

With that he saunters off with a pissed off, rage filled look on his face.

"Great way to end the year, Lydia." A deep voice says from behind me.

*****

First off, I'd like to see how scary this problem is turning out. What do you think about it?

Remember to drop a vote, a comment, and add it to your library so you know when I update. Also, fan me? You will get a notification if you do.

Have you ever had a panic attack? Then you'll know what she is going through.

Who do you think the stalker is? Leave your guesses down in the comments!

Find out in chapter 9!

LOVE YOU!

-Caroline

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 13.1K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
638K 39.1K 103
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

114K 2.7K 42
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
139K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...