RENOWN SERIES 1: Doubtlessly...

By verlydonna

Ang babaeng non-stop ang bibig sa kadaldalan at hinding-hindi naniniwala na magkakaroon siya ng nobyong artis... More

Synopsis ✔
PROLOGUE ✔
Chapter 1 ✔
Chapter 2 ✔
Chapter 3 ✔
Chapter 4 ✔
Chapter 5 ✔
Chapter 6 ✔
Chapter 7 ✔
Chapter 8 ✔
Chapter 9 ✔
Chapter 10 ✔
Chapter 11 ✔
Chapter 12 ✔
Chapter 13 ✔
Chapter 14 ✔
Chapter 15 ✔
Chapter 16 ✔
Chapter 18 ✔
Chapter 19 ✔
Chapter 20 ✔
Chapter 21 ✔
Chapter 22 ✔
Chapter 23 ✔
Chapter 24 ✔
Chapter 25 ✔
Chapter 26 ✔
Chapter 27 ✔
Chapter 28 ✔
Chapter 29 ✔
Chapter 30 ✔
EPILOGUE ✔
NOTE ✔
Special Chapter 1
Special Chapter 2
Special Chapter 3
Special Chapter 4
Special Chapter (Bonus)
THANK YOU LETTER

Chapter 17 ✔

9.5K 184 0
By verlydonna

IT'S ALREADY dark when Jeva wakes up and there's no one beside her. She curled herself up and roamed her eyes around the room but Champ wasn't there then, she noticed the sticky note on the side table.

She picked it up and read...

Come and see me on the seashore.

- Husband

Jeva couldn't help herself to chuckle because of the little heart he drew beside the word 'husband'. With this little gesture of his makes her little heart pounding in elation, she felt so special and loved.

She shook her head. Her husband doesn't love her. Her imagination went too far. It doesn't mean that her husband wants their relationship work, the man feels the same the way she felt for him.

She grabs her suitcase to change her clothes. Her brow creased when she felt her suitcase was so light. She immediately opens it and sees that nothing's there, not even a piece.

She walked towards the wardrobe and when she opened it, she saw her clothes in it with Champ's.

A grin written on her face. "Infairness naman sa asawa ko, ha?" - she murmured to herself.

She stilled when she realized that most of her clothes were different kinds of bikinis and silky micro nightgowns.

All her senses were turned to alert mode. "Oh my gosh! Did he see everything?" - she face-palmed. Gosh! Nakakahiya!

She pursed her face while creasing her brows. "Wait? Bakit ako mahihiya? Actually, it's a good thing." - she smirked and hummed. "I wonder how he felt when he saw my things." - she giggled.

She wore a navy blue one piece and used an aqua blue tunic dress as a cover up and confidently walked towards the shore.

She didn't wore a slipper. Trip nyang maglakad sa buhangin ng nakapaa. Kaya habang naglalakad ay ngumingiwi sya, the sand tickles her sole.

A meter away she saw yellow colored lights surrounding the wooden posts where the white curtains were wrapped on it. A table for two was in the center with a lighted candle and variety of foods.

The whole scenery was so romantic. It's simple but it's very elegant and sweet.

"Hoy, duckling! Ang tagal mo namang magising gutom na ako eh." - and there, the whole scenario was ruined.

Jeva rolled her eyes. "Kung ginising mo ako, edi sana hindi ka na naghintay." -she tsked.

"Kung ginising kita. Hindi na yun surprise." - Champ tsked back. "Kanina pa ako naghihintay dito. Look, the foods were already cold." - Champ pointed the foods.

"Bakit parang kasalanan ko pa ha?" - madramang tanong ni Jeva.

"Pull a chair for yourself. I can no longer stand, I'm feeling weak because of hunger."

Padabog na umupo si Jeva sa upuan na katapat nito.

"Ano bang nakain mo? Pinapunta ko ako dito tapos muaattitude ka? Ay teka, hindi ka pa pala kumakain gutom lang yan." - sarkastikong saad ni Jeva. "Ayaw mo lang matukso sa ginagawa mo eh." - she grinned at him

That was right, it was Champ's first time to surprise a girl with no script, no lines, no crews to do the scene, nothing at all. All of these were from his efforts except for the foods because he doesn't know how to cook.

"Tsk. Just eat."

"Teka, bakit parang ang dami ng pagkain? Kaya ba natin to?" - pasimpleng napahawak sa kanyang tiyan si Jeva habang nakatingin sa mga pagkain.

"Sa pisngi mo pa lang kulang yan."

She glared at Champ and kicked his leg under the table. "Are you saying that I am fat?! Hindi ako mataba! Sadyang chubby lang yung cheeks ko! Nakakainis ka! Akala mo gwapo ka? Hindi!! Mukha kang talong!" - inis niya sigaw sa lalaki habang ang lalaki naman ay pasimpleng tinakpan ang kanyang mga tenga.

"Ano?! Maingay ako?! Gusto mo bang ipagsigawan ko pa na isa kang talong?! Ha?! Hindi kasi ako mataba. Bakit mo sinasabing mataba ako?! Na patay gutom ako?!"

Champ winced. "I never said your fat and you were dead hungry. I just said your cheeks were---"

"Ah basta! Ganun na rin yun!" - she closed her mouth and made a sound indicating annoyance.

"Stop talking and start eating. We're in front of the food." - Champ said seriously.

Jeva rolled her eyes. Yeah, it's not right to talk so much in front of the food. So, she picked three slices of calamares and put it straight in her mouth.

Champ cringed at her action. Then they eat silently savoring the tasty foods for they knew by this time both of them won't die from LBM because of Jeva's disastrous foods.

AFTER eating both of them took a little walk on the shore, enjoying the night breeze.

"Sinong tumulong sayo?" - Jeva asked, referring to the scenario they were in a while ago.

"If I tell you that no one helped me, will you believe in me?"

She looked intently on his face and directly said... "No."

Sinalo ni Champ ang kanyang dibdib, and acted he got a gunshot. So, Jeva slapped his upper arm.

"Aray ha?" - sabi niya habang hinihimas ang kanyang braso.

"Sino nga?" - tanong ulit ni Jeva bago binagsak ang sarili sa mat na nakalatag sa buhangin.

Sumunod namang umupo si Champ sa mat. "Sina Manang Minda at Manong Kabo."

"Oh? That's why the food tastes like Manang Minda's."

"Yeah, so glad that it doesn't taste like your demon foods."

Jeva rolled her eyes and snorted. "Wow, ha? "Thank you." - she sarcastically said.

"Demonyo naman talaga yun." - Jeva glared at him which made him cleared his throat and look away. "Kasi naman, may sinigang bang matamis? Tsaka, sweet and sour na naging salty and sour?" - he pouted his lips.

Jeva sat in front of him and pinched his cheeks. "Wag kang magpout ang cute mo. Gusto mo kagatin ko lips mo?" - ngumiwi si Champ. Jeva is so different from other girls. Parang ito pa ang lalaki sa kanilang dalawa. Because, whenever a girl pouts, what she said was likely a man's line.

"Parang hindi ka babae." - he pointed out.

"Paano? May boobs ako, hindi nga lang kalakihan pero sapat na para sa mga kamay mo." - Champ's face reddened. Goodness gracious! "May pempem din ako partner ng talong mo. Ma---"

"Shut up, please. Please." - madiin ang bawat bigkas ni Champ sa kanyang mga salita. "What I meant was your mouth, it doesn't sound like a woman."

"Bakit? Kailangan ba 'pag babae demure? Innocent?" - she snapped. "May mga babae nga dyan, inosente nga kung tingnan laspag naman. Buti nalang ako, madumi man ang bibig ko, mas fresh pa ang pechay ko kumpara sa lahat ng gulay na nasa palengke."

Geez! Minsan hindi talaga alam ni Champ kung saan patutungo ang kanilang pinag-uusapan dahil bigla-bigla nalang umaabot sa ibang planeta.

So, he decided to keep silent so that she won't say malicious things anymore.

But, somehow he is happy because the woman said she's fresh and that only means that the woman doesn't let anyone touch him.

Jeva broke the silence. She doesn't like quiet places. "Anyways, sabi mo tumulong sayo sina Manang Minda at Manong Kabo?" - tumango naman ang lalaki sa kanya bilang sagot. "Where are they?"

"They went back to their house."

"What?! Pinauwi mo sila?!" - hindi makapaniwalang tanong ni Jeva sa lalaki. "Bakit mo sila pinauwi? I'm sure gabi na nung umuwi sila. You could've at least let them stay."

"I told them to stay but they insisted. They don't want to trouble us."

Jeva sighed and nodded. "But, about the design..."

"I made it. Pero tinulungan ako ni manong Kabo na itayo yung mga kahoy."

Jeva secretly smiled. Ang effort naman. She never thought that anyone would give their effort to surprise her. She looked up at the sky and was mesmerized by the moon.

"Ang ganda ng buwan no?" - she said out of nowhere.

"Maganda nga." - Jeva looked at her husband but to her surprise the man was looking at her. She playfully hit the man's arm.

"Ang buwan yung maganda hindi ako."

"You are both beautiful. Mas lamang nga lang ang ganda ng buwan kaysa sayo."

"Ouch." - she chuckled as he did.

Champ stared at his wife who threw her eyes back to the moon. He lied. His wife is indeed beautiful, more beautiful than anyone and anything else in the world. She's the most talented person that he has ever

He doesn't like noisy people but he can't stand his wife not being noisy. He loves hearing her voice, from the nastiest to sweetest things that came from her plump rosy lips.

Anyone would feel very special to have her and now, he realized that he is really envious with the man she fell in love with. Hindi pa rin mawala sa kanyang isipan na may naiibigan na ang babae. Thinking about who that motherfucker is, he would want to wring his neck and choke him to death but he doesn't want to be a criminal.

"Alam kong maganda ako, babe. You should take a picture para mas matagal mong matitigan. Kasi kung ako ang titigan mo baka matunaw ako. Sayang naman ang ganda kong hindi mapapakinabangan." - she cracked a joke.

"Walang ibang makikinabang sayo, ako lang." - agad namang napalingon si Jeva at sabay silang natigilan at napasinghap dahil gahibla lang ang layo ng kanilang mga mukha.

Both of them hear nothing aside from the exaggerating beats of their hearts. Na para bang gusto nitong lumabas sa kanilang mga dibdib. Their hearts synchronized with their feelings without them knowing.

Sabay na napatikhim ang dalawa at nag iwas tingin. Awkward!

They both suddenly felt thirsty. Champ stood up and grabbed the beer in the can and drank it straight.

Napalunok naman si Jeva, nanunuyo ang kanyang lalamunan. She doesn't want to drink baka may magawa na naman siyang kabaliwan.

"What's your plan?" - Champ asked as he leaned his butt on the table where they ate a while ago.

"Plan for what?"

"Things to do here on the island."

Natahimik si Jeva. There are lots of things that she wanted to do here in Siargao. She wanted to go to Cloud 9 to surf there and watch the sun sets. They say that sunset in Cloud 9 is really mesmerizing.

She also wanted to get tan in the Naked Island. To see the shells that were ushered by the waves. To see the excellent contrast of the perfect white sand and blue sky.

To take a leap at Sugba Lagoon where she can do dive-jumping, kayaking and a lot more.

To explore the blue lagoon in the Enchanting Sohoton Cove National Park, to see those stingless jellyfish.

And there's still a lot more that she wanted to do. She loves water as much as she loves racing and how much she loves how to be an OB Gyn.

She also wanted to taste the food in Shaka Café, their smoothie that fits perfectly for the very hot day.

"Leyn..." - she jolted when Champ called her with her name in a sweet voice. "So? Is there any plan that you wanted to do."

She shook her head. Her husband's privacy is more important than the things she wanted to do in Siargao.

"This island..." - she roamed her eyes around the island. "...already have a lot of things to offer."

Champ silently thanked his wife. Obvious naman kasi na marami itong gustong gawin at puntahan ang kanyang pero mas pinili nitong manatili sa isla at intindihin siya. Kahit hindi man nito sabihin ang rason, alam niya na ginagawa ito ng asawa para sa kanya.

He smiled at her. "Are you sure?"

"Yes." - she gave him an assuring smile.

"Thank you."

Agad namang napalingon si Jeva sa asawa. "Ha? What are you thanking for?"

"Thank you for continuously understanding me."

"Hindi ba yun naman talaga ang dapat kung gawin? I'm your wife. I should understand you and I don't want to be the reason if you're career will be ruined." - she said honestly. Mas mabuti ng itago siya ng asawa basta ba ay siya pa rin ang inuuwian nito at wala lang itong babae.

"Champ..." - she murmured his name and he hummed in answered. She took a deep breath before saying something. "It's okay for me if you'll love someone else but, please tell me beforehand. Para naman makapag-prepare ako." At para hindi ako masyadong masaktan kung iiwan mo ako. After all, their relationship has no assurance. Para silang naglalaro sa apoy.

"What made you say that?" - dahil sa totoo lang mas takot si Champ dahil alam niyang may iba ng minamahal ang babae. Natatakot siya na baka iwan siya nito. Ngunit, natatakot din siyang ipalabas ang kanilang relasyon hindi dahil ayaw niya sa babae kundi dahil ayaw niya itong masaktan. Alam niya ang mga galaw ng buhay bilang isang artista. It will not be easy for his wife because he knew that she doesn't like to ruin her private life. At kung ipapalabas niya na may asawa siya ay mauungkat lahat ng tungkol sa buhay nito.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Bigla lang pumasok sa isip ko. I will completely understand if that thing will happen."

Champ sighed. They're completely different. He will not allow anyone to own his wife. He is not going to let go of her.

"Leyn..." he called her and sat beside her on the mat.

She hummed in answer as she looked at him.

"Can I ask something, sweetheart?"

Biglang naging alerto ang buong pagkatao ni Jeva dahil sa sinabi nito but she still managed to be sarcastic. "You're already asking, sweetie."

Champ creased his forehead. "I think you should make up your mind."

"To what?"

"Kung ano talaga ang itatawag mo sa akin. You're calling me baby, babe, sweetheart and now, sweetie."

Jeva chuckled. "It's okay, the more the merrier."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Ha? Is that your question? Final question?"

Champ tssed and sat back beside her on the mat. "Actually, no."

She hummed. "What is it that you want to ask? Dapat ba akong kabahan? I think it's something serious."

"I don't know if you should but I want you to answer me honestly."

"Sure, that is easy. You know that I won't lie especially when it comes to you." - but deep inside her, she's nervous. She doesn't even have a slightest idea on what he is going to ask her.

"You told me before that you were in love with someone. May I know who he is?" So I will know who I shall kill. He wanted to say those words too but he doesn't want to sound so possessive.

Jeva stopped breathing, she's been thinking if she should tell him now, if it is the sign for her to confess her feelings towards her husband but she's afraid. She's torned between confessing and keeping it to herself. It will be awkward dahil para kailan lang nung sinabi ng asawa niya na iwowork nila ang kanilang relasyon tapos ito siya, matagal ng may nararamdaman para sa asawa.

Masama bang magkaroon siya ng feelings para sa asawa niya? She's afraid that her love is unrequited.

"Ikaw."

Parang nawalan ng dugo si Champ sa narinig. Kakaibang saya ang hatid nito sa kanyang puso.

"I mean, ikaw, sabi mo rin, 'di ba? Na may minamahal ka na. Sino nga iyon?" - napatoptop siya sa kanyang bibig. "Sorry, hindi mo nga pala siya nakilala."

Nanlumo siya sa biglaang pagbawi nito. Masakit pala talaga ang umasa. Akala niya na siya ang tinutukoy nito.

"I loved her. Past tense. But, I still owe her my life." - afterall, she saved his life with all her might.

Napatango naman si Jeva. Actually, she's quite envious with that girl. Hindi nga siya nakilala ng lalaki pero minahal naman siya nito. Pero siya na nakasama nito sa iisang bubong ay hindi man lang napansin ng lalaki. Oo nga naman, she's not that brave girl who would help anyone kahit pa delikado ang ginagawa nito.

"I think you should look for her." - gustong batokan ni Jeva ang sarili niya dahil sa kanyang pinagsasabi. It's like she's giving him to the other woman.

Champ hummed. "I might." - he said honestly. "I still wanted to thank her."

Tumango-tango naman si Jeva. "Ano bang gusto mo sa isang babae?"

"Gusto ko yung matapang at inuuna ang kapakanan ng iba. Yung babaeng kayang ipaglaban ang nararamdaman niya para sa akin. Yung babaeng mamahalin ako at wala ng iba. Yung babae tapat." - you might think that he is selfish because of the traits of a girl that he likes. Dahil pabor ang lahat ng ito sa kanya na para bang gusto niya ay walang ibang nakikita ang babae kundi siya lang.

He might not have an experience being with a girl in real life but he is sure that he is possessive and selfish when it comes to his girl.

While Jeva was saddened. Lahat ng binanggit ng lalaki ay parang tungkol sa babaeng unang minahal nito. Ang kaya niya lang tapatan ang ang dalawang huling bagay na gusto nito. She knew that her love for that man is true and pure and she also knew that she will not love another man.

"Maswerte ang babaeng mamahalin mo." - she said to him. Of course, who wouldn't? Ang swerte babaeng ito dahil mamahalin siya ng asawa niya at alam niyang 'pag dumating ang babaeng ito ay siguradong ipapakilala siya ng asawa sa buong mundo. And, that is what she envied the most.

"Why are you saying that?" - naguguluhang tanong ni Champ sa asawa.

"I don't know. Basta nasabi ko lang."

"I told you that we will make this marriage to work out pero parang binibigay mo naman ako sa iba." - there's bitterness in his voice. Napaghahalataan na parang ayaw nga ng asawa niya sa kanya.

"What if it won't work?" - she asked.

"What if it will?" - he asked back.

"Wha--"

"Shut up, Jeva Leyn Villafor Quiroz." - Calling her with her full name means he's dead serious. "We can work this out." I'm not letting you go. His eyes sharpened. "You're not going to break up with me, right?" - 'cause I won't let you.

Her forehead furrowed. "What? Of course, not." - hindi siya tanga para pakawalan ang asawa niya at hindi rin siya bobo para sayangin ang pagkakataong ibinigay sa kanya.

He tssed. "Good. You better not." You're mine. Champ secretly shake his head. Why is he acting so selfish and possessive when it comes to his wife? Gusto niyang hampasin ang ulo niya baka sakaling magising siya at maliwanagan.

He laid down on the mat and closed his eyes. While Jeva faces her head up with her eyes closed.

She smiled bitterly. Kahit na sinabi nitong iwowork nila ang kanilang relationship, malayo pa rin ito sa kanya. His husband is an epitome of the quote so close yet so far.

She looked at him when she heard a soft snore. Natawa siya sa lalaki.

"Anong kwenta ng kwarto kung dito lang naman pala matutulog?" - she said while chuckling before lying her belly down on the mat.

She reached his hair and brush it with her fingers. Nagiging hobby niya na ito because whenever the man fell asleep or kapag hindi ito nakakatulog, the man will asked her to brush his hair.

Tell me that you love me

Tell me that you care

Tell me that you need me

And I'll be there

I'll be there waiting

I will always love you

I will always stay true

There's no one who love

You like I do

Itong kantang ang kinakanta niya bilang pampatulog ng lalaki. Aside from that, this song speaks her heart. She will always love this man with that she is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 451 16
Baby I'm so sorry I can't explain why I did this. Shut up. I gave you everything. There was no need for this and yet you treated me like this. You kn...
1.9K 37 22
Imagine a world where you and the person you've admired since childhood are to be trapped inside an invisible box. A supernatural barrier that stops...
3.1M 80.1K 38
I was awakened by a buzz, but I don't want to get up, instead I lay still on my bed and about to dream again when I heard a THUD, I flinched at the s...