Invisible Line in Between

By nininininaaa

[NEW CLASSIC SERIES #1] Meet the lead vocalist of New Classic, Isaiah Kalen Mallari. A #Wattys2020 Winner sto... More

Invisible Line in Between
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Invisible Line in Between (Self-Pub)
New Classic Lyrics Booklet

Epilogue

161K 5.9K 3.5K
By nininininaaa

This is the end of Invisible Line in Between. I always wanted to write a light-romance story about a fangirl, being a fangirl myself, so thank you for supporting a story that's close to my heart. I hope Zendaya and Isaiah made you smile.

#NewClassicILIB
#ILIBNoMoreLineInBetween

Epilogue

The double doors of the cathedral slowly opened for the entrance of the bride. Everyone stood up from their seats to acknowledge her presence and to get a better look of her. Bubbles and flower petals flew in the air as she started walking down the aisle.

I licked my lower lip and renewed my grip on the microphone, while the orchestra started playing a classic rendition of my band's song.

Every day I spent with you is something I cherish
Every night that I'm with you is something I want to last

As I started to sing the first two lines of the song, I shifted my gaze from the bride to the love of my life in the crowd. I thought she'd be looking at me because she loves watching me sing, but her eyes were eager to see the bride up close. She's beside my sister, who's equally excited as her.

And then, it crossed my mind
(I want this to last)
I want to be with you
'Til the end of time

The moment Blair reached their seats, she briefly turned to them. My sister teared up, getting emotional because her best friend's getting married. While on the other hand, Zendaya smiled widely at Blair.

Someday, you'll become mine
Someday, you'll be my bride
Someday, you'l be the first one I see when I opened my eyes

Once Blair got past them, Zendaya faced front, finally giving me the gaze that I had been longing for. I smiled at her as I continued to sing. She lovingly smiled back.

Just then, she suddenly took out her phone to take a quick picture of me. Seeing her acting like the fangirl she is, I held back myself not to laugh and ruin the occasion.

Someday, you'll be my wife
Someday, if you'd give me a chance to be with you
For the rest of your life

My exclusive fangirl got distracted again as she averted her stare. I followed her line of vision to know who took her attention away from me. There I saw Blair finally reached my brother, Gael, who's been waiting for her at the altar.

Back then, I dreamed of being the person she'd spend the rest of her life with. Never have I imagined before that I'd be singing on her marriage with another man. And to think that I was even singing the song that I wrote for her―it didn't cross my mind a bit.

We were having dinner at our family house that time when Blair asked me for a favour, wanting me to sing on her wedding with Gael.

"I hope you can sing on our wedding, Isaiah," Blair voiced out her thoughts. "Instead of hiring a singer, I hope you can do it instead."

Medyo natahimik ang hapag nang dahil sa pabor na hiniling ni Blair. No matter how many times I told my parents that I'm already okay and happy with Zendaya, they were still being cautious every time Blair's around.

I cleared my throat. "I'm fine with it but..." I carefully turned to Zendaya beside me.

I really have no problem singing on Blair and Gael's wedding. I'm cool with it. However, I shouldn't just be thinking about my own take on this. I have to consider Zendaya's feelings, too. In this case, her opinion is my top priority. She has the final say.

As soon as she noticed me looking at her, she immediately flashed a bright smile. "Why?" she innocently asked.

Staring at her, my lips pursed a bit. Her cute innocence made my pulse race, wanting to keep her inside my pocket so that her cuteness wouldn't be seen by other people.

"Is it okay with you if I sing on their wedding?" I carefully asked her.

She looked a bit shocked that I was asking for her opinion, but she nodded her head right away. "Of course!" she exclaimed. "Blair already told me about it earlier. Ayos lang sa akin! I want to see you as a wedding singer."

I could sense her excitement, but I still wanted to make sure. I feared that she might just be forcing herself to agree because of her kindness. My warm-hearted Zendaya could be very selfless. But since I'm here now, there's no need for her to yield for I will give her everything she truly wants.

"Are you sure that it's alright with you?" I asked her once more when we were finally alone together.

Zendaya chuckled. Her soft laughter is music to my ears. It has a very unique sound that could effortlessly tug my heartstrings. A genre that only she could pull-off.

"Ayos nga lang," nakangiting sabi niya upang mapanatag ang loob ko. "I even think that you should sing the song you wrote for her. Bagay siya pangkasal."

Still not convinced, I just stared at her. I wanted her to tell me everything and fortunately, it seemed like she could read my mind. Unti-unting nawala ang ngiti sa kanyang labi. Sumeryoso na rin ako, handang makinig sa kanyang saloobin.

"To be honest, I really got jealous before," she confessed, avoiding my eyes like she was embarrassed to admit it. "When I finally realized the impossible feelings that I have for you, I started to feel selfish. I didn't want you singing the song you wrote for her. I hated it. I got hurt because of it."

The guilt with a mixture of pain in her eyes tormented me. My chest felt heavy, feeling responsible for the distressing look on her face. I blamed myself for making her remember something that would make her feel downhearted.

I dug up my memories to remember the time when I had to sing Someday because it was the most requested song from the fans who attended the recording. I just casually sang it without thinking of anything else. Hindi ko pa naiisip noon na maari ko siyang masaktan.

I had an idea that she likes me even before. I learned that I'm her bias in New Classic when I was still pretending to be Aya. However, I wasn't aware that her affection for me is more than I thought it was. If I only knew back then, I would have been more careful with my decision.

I could never hurt her when she's the reason why I could still put a smile on my face.

"But now, I don't feel that way at all," she assured me. "You countlessly proved to me that you're over her by loving me more than I could have ever dreamed of."

In her eyes, I could see contentment and satisfaction. It felt warm and fuzzy inside to know that I caused her to have those pleasant feelings.

"And I trust you, Isaiah," she added, making me feel all better.

To hear her saying those words reminded me why I fell in love with her.

Like a soldier who just came from a very fierce battle, my heart was completely battered and bruised. I felt cheated and betrayed. My mind was clouded with anger and my heart was bleeding in pain. I couldn't get my thoughts straight. I couldn't feel empathy for other people because I was busy dealing with the excruciating feeling inside my chest. I lost myself. I said words that I shouldn't have said.

It was hard enough for me to lose the woman I loved. But to think that I lost her to my half-brother, whom I resented, made it more difficult. I just couldn't accept it. I even blamed my father for bringing his other son into this world.

"You can try again."

Her words struck me. I was speechless as I stared at her genuinely smiling, encouraging me not to give up that fast.

"For the last time, you can try it with her again. And if you fail, at least you still did what you can until the end instead of just giving up."

She amazed me with her smile, like she wasn't going through anything. She just lost someone very dear to her, but here she was beaming with positiveness. She chose to comfort me, even when she was still hurting and longing for the person she just lost.

Zendaya inspired me to be strong like her. I refused to get swept away by misery. And as I took her advice and failed on trying to win Blair back, I was contented. Eve when the rejection hurt, I was glad to receive it. I earned the closure which patched up the wound in my heart and stopped it from bleeding.

"It made me happy for years..." she told me, after she returned the guitar pick I gave to the girl I met at the same park years ago.

I was surprised to know that it's really her. I couldn't believe that she kept this for years. And even though we were acquainted with each other for a long time, she didn't take advantage of that memory to get close to me.

I looked up to her again, her lips and her eyes were smiling at me. "Now, I'm going to give it back to you and hope that it will do the same. I hope it can also make you smile."

In my eyes, Zendaya's shining bright in different colors. She showed up in my life like a rainbow after a rough storm. When my life was starting to lose saturation, she brought back all the colors, making me face all the uncertainties with positivity.

I realized that I couldn't keep on living in the shadows. I had to free all grudges left inside me in order to step into the light.

"I'm sorry for everything I said before..." I began apologizing to Gael.

I was aware that I said a lot of hurtful words to him, especially during that night when I saw him with Blair. I insulted him and his being as the illegitimate son of my father with another woman. However, even after that, he didn't fight back. He showed me that he's really deserving of Blair.

Kanina ay humingi si daddy sa kanya ng tawad dahil sa kanyang pagkukulang bilang ama. He acknowledged that he'd been an asshole to his son. Alam kong wala rin akong ipinagkaiba kay daddy sa pakikitungo sa kanya noon kaya ako naman ang humihingi ng tawad.

"I couldn't justify my words and actions. I don't have any excuse with the way I treated you before," I admitted all my faults. "But I hope we can start anew... as a family."

Gael breathed out deeply. "I understand why you were hostile with me," he said. "And to be honest, I also couldn't blame you for getting mad at me. You're still right with one thing. My mother's affair with your father and my existence almost ruined your family. We'd done more damage. I should be the one apologizing to you."

Seeing how he was weighing both sides made me feel even more complacent that he's the man Blair chose over me. Kung may lalaki man akong pagkakatiwalaan para sa unang babaeng minahal ko, I wouldn't hesitate to say his name. I had seen his principles and I felt his sincerity. I was sure that he would love her more than I did.

Sa gitna ng katahimikan ay nakarinig kaming dalawa ng paghikbi. Sabay kaming nag-angat ng tingin kay Ida na mukhang kanina pa nanonood sa aming dalawa. Nagulat ako nang nagmamadali siyang lumapit sa amin ni Gael. She placed herself in between us and enveloped us both in her arms.

"I love you both so much..." she cried.

Gael and I silently exchanged looks. A smile touched our lips at the same time. We were both glad to bring happiness to our sister.

I thought everything would go well after that. I was living the life I wanted to live which made me forget that I couldn't just live my life carelessly. I was reminded in a hard way that I'm a personality whose every action is being watched by the public.

Mr. Joel woke me up with a call, early in the morning, telling me that my dating issue was all over the internet. I tarnished the image of the band. And the most important of all, I knew I caused trouble to Zendaya as she was involved in the issue as well. The media blurred her face, but I knew how disrespectful some could be. They could invade her privacy without her knowing just to get another news.

I was pressured and feeling stressed. It felt like everything's all on me.

Just then, Ike came and tapped my shoulder lightly. I went to our private studio straight from the press con and meeting with the higher bosses. I wanted to play and write music to tone down the noises inside my head.

As much as I wanted to see Zendaya, knowing the power she has to speak to my mind and heart, I couldn't bring myself to her. I couldn't face her. She was blaming herself for my own carelessness. I gave her trouble when all she does is to erase my worries.

Itiningala ko ang ulo ko. Sumunod sina Jirro at Sic papasok sa loob ng studio. Ike and Jirro sat beside me while Sic took the swivel chair in front of the computer.

I sighed, feeling apologetic to my members. "I'm sorry," I apologized to them. "I created a big mess."

I knew what was happening on the internet. Mr. Joel told me the fans' outrage and disappointment when I had not cleared up anything yet. Madami ang nagbalak tumigil sa pagsuporta sa banda dahil sa balita.

Ike leaned his back on the couch. "There's nothing to feel sorry about."

"There's no need to be passive about this, Ike. I know my faults," I told Ike, our leader, who's always forgiving. "Muntik ko nang masira ang pangalan ng banda. We almost lost a lot of fans because of my doing."

Nilingon ako ni Ike at saka muling umayos sa pagkakaupo. "Remember when we decided to sign the contract?" paalala niya sa akin. "We promised each other that no matter what happens, we will continue to make music together. We will support each other's decisions."

Natigil ako nang naalala ko 'yon. We were talking inside the studio in Ike's house that night. Nagkasundo-sundo kaming apat bago nagdesisyong pirmahan ang kontrata.

"I love our fans," he said. "But if we lose most of them who's not willing to support you, it's alright, Isaiah. There would still be some left―those who truly supports us. And there would still be us..."

Ike has always been good with his words, but I have come to appreciated it more.

"We can still continue to make music," he stated. "That's more important."

"Right!" Like always, Sic meddled in our serious conversation. "Popularity's not important. At saka susunod din agad sa 'yo si Jirro na magkaisyu kaya hindi ka mag-iisa."

A throw pillow immediately came flying towards Sic as Jirro got triggered. "Shut up, you idiot."

Hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko sa pagtawa. Agad na gumaang ang pakiramdam ko nang makausap ang banda. We spent the rest of the day playing together just for fun, like what we used to do back then.

The issues died down and my relationship with my members got stronger, but I could feel Zendaya distancing herself away from me. She came up with a lot of reasonable excuses to avoid me. I let it pass because I knew that she needed it. I was also afraid that her privacy might be invaded by the media.

But whenever I got stressed as we prepared for our indefinite break, I was indulging myself to take the risk just to see her.

I was aware of the growing feelings that I have for her. I noticed it as she could easily lift the stress and fatigue with just a sight of her. Even her simple replies could make my day. And whenever she tried to push me away, I could feel a whit of pain in my heart.

Zendaya made it easy for me to fall for her that I doubted my own feelings. I don't want to hurt her in any way possible. I know how it feels to get my heart broken, and I don't want her to experience that. I wanted to make sure that my feelings weren't only there for a fleeting moment.

However, as I was being cautious I sensed a huge threat―her senior. I was happy to meet her again during the interview, but it was spoiled by that man. And when I saw her inside his car, I lost it.

If I could let go of Blair before, I couldn't do the same to Zendaya. I wouldn't let her get taken away. Not when she is my only chance to live through this cruel world. Not when my heart is screaming her name, begging me to finally acknowledge my feelings and make a move.

She's like an angel sent from above who brought me salvation. I never knew how much I needed her in my life, until she became mine. It felt like I could conquer any problem and reach any dream as long as she's beside me.

"I want to announce that I'm already in a relationship," I bravely faced the President to tell him my plan. "I talked to my members and they support me with my decision."

I caught a glance of Mr. Joel massaging the bridge of his nose. President Theo held my gaze for a few seconds before he let out a deep breath.

"You'll be risking a lot, Isaiah," he told me, trying to make me change my mind. "Not just you, but also the band."

"I'm aware of that," I simply acknowledged that fact. "But like I said, I already talked to my members. We're ready to face anything."

Kita kong mukhang mas naging problemado si Mr. Joel.

To be honest, I could leave the band if I had no choice left. I could easily do that before. My members would understand because we always prioritize our individual lives more than anything. However, my very own fangirl loves New Classic as much as I do that I knew leaving wasn't a choice. She would be very heartbroken, and that would break me as well.

President Theo sighed, then turned to Mr. Joel. "Arrange a press con for Isaiah," he ordered him, indirectly allowing me to proceed with my plan.

"Y-yes, sir!" Mr. Joel slightly stuttered in shock that the president easily agreed to my request.

Then, President Theo calmly stood up from his seat. "I trust you and the other members." That was what he told me before excusing himself.

The risk is worth taking.

We still lost a few fans who remained close-minded, but more stayed. They admired me for having courage to tell them about my relationship. They respected my choice―and out of all the support I have received from them, the support they showed for my relationship with the woman I love is something that I cherish the most. It's something that I'd always be grateful for.

Hindi lang ako ang napasaya nila, kung hindi pati na ring ang babaeng pinakamamahal ko.

I was distracted by the rowdy whispers of the staffs inside the showroom. I stopped typing lyrics on my phone's notes. I was planning a surprise for Zendaya on our wedding by writing a new song dedicated to her, which I would perform myself while waiting for her at the altar.

And as I lifted my gaze, I finally understood why the staffs couldn't contain themselves. My bride-to-be was slowly walking down the stairs from the dressing room on the second floor.

My lips parted in awe as I stared at her looking so ethereal. She looked even more beautiful in a white wedding dress. They even did her hair and make-up, like her simple look wasn't enough to bring me down on my knees.

Zendaya was so careful descending the stairs that she only looked at me once her feet was on the ground. She smiled at me, and I was immediately captivated as she took my breath away. The way her eyes shone even brighter than the luxurious chandelier hanging above reminded me how she brought light into my life.

She was slowly walking towards me, taking her time. However, I couldn't wait anymore. I stood up from the waiting sofa and met her halfway.

As soon as I reached her, I slipped my arm on her waist, pulling her close to me. Seeing her up close, I smiled and whispered, "You look beautiful."

Ngumuso siya. "Hindi ka dapat sa mukha ko nakatingin," mahinhing reklamo niya. "You should be looking at my dress. Ito pa lang ang unang nasusukat ko. May dalawa pa akong pinagpipilian."

I chuckled a bit. "I'm sure whichever dress you pick, you'll still look beautiful on our wedding day."

Mas ngumuso siya ngayon para pigilan ang pagngiti. "Dapat talaga sina Ida at Jerlyn na lang sinama ko ngayon."

At first, she didn't want me to accompany her. Ang gusto niyang kasama ay ang aking kapatid at ang kanyang matalik na kaibigan. But I wouldn't miss this chance to see her wearing a wedding dress. It's the only way I could stay patient while waiting for our wedding day.

"Then, should we go home now?" I told her as I finally got what I wanted. "You can come back here with Ida and Jerlyn some other time."

After I saw her wearing the white dress, I suddenly had this urge to go home with her already. I couldn't wait to sing to her on our bed again, while she would harmonize with me by screaming my name in pleasure.

Zendaya and I started living together under one roof after she accepted my proposal a month ago. Our house took one year in the making. I managed to keep it from her when it was still under construction until I finally proposed to her.

I thought her father wouldn't allow her to live in with me, but he was cool with it. He entrusted his only daughter to me. Ang kapatid niya lang ang medyo tutol, ngunit wala rin itong nagawa.

"Ayoko," pagtanggi niya. "The staff put a lot of effort to dress me up. Sayang."

I smiled. "Still kind as ever..."

She immediately blushed when I praised her. Bahagya siyang umatras para medyo lumayo sa akin. Kahit na kaya ko siyang pigilan ay hinayaan ko siya dahil alam kong nahihiya na siya ngayon.

"Magta-try pa ako ng iba," sabi na lang niya at saka ako mabilis na tinalikuran.

Natawa ako sa kanyang pag-iwas sa akin. She looked so cute and beautiful that I really wanted to take her home already. But I'd let her do as she pleased.

At the end of the day, I'd still be home with her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 29.9K 38
Jianna also known as Adi is a single mother who became pregnant at the age of 16. Dahil tinakbuhan ng ex-boyfriend niya ang responsibilidad nito bila...
77.4K 413 34
ROM-COM ‼️‼️‼️ Si Beverly Hans Gonzaga ay isang Fashion Designer slash Model sa Europe. Paglipas ng mahabang Taon ay ngayon na lamang ito uuwi ng Pil...
2.8K 106 51
an epistolary ; hanna and yael