ᴘᴏssɪʙɪʟɪᴛʏ || ᴢᴜᴋᴋᴀ

By coplalia

enemies, to friends, to lovers. ______________ hi there. so, this is modern. they still have bending, ba sin... More

[ O N E ]
[ T W O ]
[ T H R E E ]
[ F O U R]
NOTE
[ F I V E ]
THANK YOU
[ S E V E N ]
[ E I G H T ]
[ N I N E ]
PSA THING PLS READ
[ T E N ]
[ E L E V E N ]
[ T W E L V E ]
[ T H I R T E E N ]
[ F O U R T E E N ]
[ F I F T E E N ]
[ S I X T E E N ]
[ N O T E ]
this thing

[ S I X ]

7.9K 355 731
By coplalia

11:43 am

sokka was having another existential crisis. big surprise, huh?

well, no. not really. if your "crush" had just asked you to read without clarifying if it was a "friendly outing" or a "date", you'd probably be feeling the same way.

zuko didn't specify anything. he just asked to go to tea. what was he supposed to wear?

that was what he needed to figure out. that was probably important. sure, maybe he should have just asked zuko what he was wearing.

did he do that? no. of course not. he went to katara for the second time this morning, entering the same way he had just a few hours ago.

"KATARA." okay. maybe.. not so- happy. this sounded more firm.

katara didn't take her eyes off the paper. what on earth would she be writing right now- and why was it so long-?

no, sokka. stay on track.

"what do you want now, sokka." katara replies monotone. she sounded more robot-y than sparky sparky boom man ever did.

"what do you wear on a date?" sokka closed the door, walking over to her desk. he looked down at what she was writing but before he could make out any words it was slammed shut.

"what?" kataras eyes met sokkas, wide.

"i said what do yo-"

"i know what you said, idiot! who? who is it!?" now katara had stood up, "oh my god! see!? i knew you'd make the right decision. you went and kissed her right after i told you to do it!"

"you really didn't.. tell me to kis-" sokka was cut off yet again.

"yes. i did, just take my word for it. i gave you the advice, sokka. i'm taking full credit! who is it!? you aren't answering my questions. is she in town? is she here?" katara had moved on from simply standing there, to talking with her hands and pacing around the room excitedly.

"no- katara-"

"i have to meet her! this is so unfair of you sokka, do you even realize it!?"

"katara! stop it!" sokka finally put his two cents in, trying to get her to just.. shut up about it for a moment. he didn't know how much time he had. "i will not hesitate to go ask someone else, what am i supposed to wear to a date." he spoke softly, hoping to god zuko didn't happen to be walking by.

"come on, i'll help you." and with that, katara grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the room. she took him back down the hall to his. "is it formal?"

"what-? formal? what do you mean formal? i don't know!" sokka whisper yelled, keeping up with his shorter sister.

"are you sure you're even.. ready for this? yknow.. after s-" of course she'd bring suki up.

"yes. katara, there's not a reason to bring it up anymore. i'm fine."

okay sure, maybe katara had a point. but he was better now, he just wanted someone to hold onto.. for a bit. maybe longer than a bit. this wasn't even a real date, it was just.. zuko asking to go to tea for some unknown reason.

once getting to sokkas room, katara sat him down on his bed and immediately went to his closet.

"sokka, what kind of style is this? because i don't see anything good. you need something.. nice." katara said bitchily, but she didn't actually mean it. maybe she did. sokka didn't know or care anyway.

"don't patronize me based on my fashion choices."

"hush it. i'm trying to focus. where are you going anyway?" katara looked at him, pausing her search.

"tea. we're going for tea."

"i don't care what you're doing. i said: where are you going?" katara raised a brow, giving him some judgmental look that he didn't understand the reason for.

"i don't know what location! he- she just asked me to tea! i don't even know if that's an actual date, katara. just help me. i don't know what to pick, youre the fashion expert here!"

"ohhh i get it now." katara turned her attention back to his closet, swiping the hangers and getting a look at the options.

"there's nothing to get."

"yes there is, you do think i'm a fashion expert! see??i always had some underlying suspicion. do you think i'm actually good though? like what if i did fashion as a career, sokka. would i be good at that? i think i would be, not to flatter myself or anything." katara was rambling at this point, and as rude as it may have sounded, sokka didn't care. he already knew she'd pick some career in fashion, or something like it. something involving it. he'd heard this specific ramble at least 10 times.

sokka was snapped out of his daydreaming when a shirt was thrown at him,

"put that on." katara ordered, now switching her attention over to his small collection of jeans and sweatpants.

"nononono no. why is it so.. formal? i don't need to dress up!"

"listen to me, and put it on, or i will never offer you my help again." katara shot a glare at him, and with that he just listened. he swapped it for the pajama shirt.

now, he wasn't going to lie. he absolutely adored this shirt- but was he going to give katara that satisfaction? no. absolutely not.

a pair of jeans was thrown at him. "okay, sokka listen very carefully when i say this. those jeans need to be cuffed."

"what? why would i do that? you don't think the shirt is flashy enough?"

"the shirt isn't flashy. it's simple, that wave. plus it makes a statement. it makes your eyes pop and if you do your hair in that dumb ponytail you'll look even better. put these pants on, cuff them, and then just. i don't know, find shoes? just put on shoes. it doesn't matter. not black though." katara said quickly, stepping out of the room.

sokka raised his brows and put the pants on. did he cuff them? no. he did not.

"i'm coming back in, sokka." katara said through the door before opening it and coming back inside.

"cuff them now." katara glared at him.

"no! why? what difference does it make?"

"cuff them, now. and tell me the name of this girl you're going out with, i won't get all in your business, sokka. i swear please just tell me wh-"

"hello. zuko here."

'you have got to be fucking kidding me. i cant just have two seconds-? why- you couldn't have chosen to come in 5 minutes later?'

kataras sentence was cut off by none other than zuko, peeking into the room.

mid cuff, sokka glanced over at katara, who was eyeing him suspiciously.

"it's awfully quiet in here." zuko finally stepped all the way into the room, looking over at katara. "oh. hi, katara." he said simply.

"i-..." katara glanced at zuko, and then back at sokka, and then back at zuko.

"hi zuko." sokka finished cuffing his jeans and stood up straighter, looking over at katara and then back at zuko.

katara had noticed the wardrobe. what zuko was wearing. it was falling along the same lines of genre, and at the same time sokka was stressing out over this date. she put the pieces together herself.

"oh.." katara whispered softly, slipping past zuko and out the door.

"what's her deal?" zuko furrowed his brows, keeping his eyes on the door before finally redirecting his attention to sokka.

"nothing, i just have to put my shoes on and then we can um.. head out." sokka flashes him a smile, which only lasted for a few seconds.

he grabbed a pair of socks, slid them on, before putting on his shoes. he managed to grab a hair tie, putting it on his wrist before zuko forced him out of the door antsily.

__________________________

hi there. idk how good this chapter is going to be. i know maybe you guys r like. ready for some actual zukka content, and trust me i am too. but this is slow burn. it's literally killing me inside to have them act like this!!

but zukka content is coming soon i promise let me get them through this awkward questioning phase lol

ALSO. fashion obsessed katara > anything else

xx
reagan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

210K 8.6K 106
Years before the Siege of Ba Sing Se, General Iroh discovers a young girl among the remains of a decimated Water Tribe village. Raised in the heart o...
190K 6.9K 90
They never remembered each other when they where young, she was just some girl with her family visiting his home, he was just some boy who was there...
130K 5.3K 24
"I raise my head slowly to look at the person talking to me. A bald kid with blue tattoos in the shape of arrows on his arms and head stands in front...
60K 2K 30
Fem!reader, 1st person POV I felt myself being shaken awake. I already knew something was definitely wrong as I groggily opened my eyes. There was b...