Ghostly Wish-(BOOK 3 OF SILVE...

By miss_phee

Kaylee Aubery Skyle hated the past, much rather living in the present and future. When an old ghostly ally re... More

Information!
Winds Of Change
Suggestions?
Stiix and Stones
The Temple On Haunted Hill
Peek-A-Boo
Kingdom Come
The Crooked Path
Grave Danger
The Lloylee Oneshot You Waited For
Curseworld- Part 1
Curseworld- Part 2
Infamous
Public Enemy Number 1
Enkrypted
Misfortune Rising
On a Wish and a Prayer
My Dinner With Nadakhan
Wishmasters
The Last Resort
Operation Land Ho!
The Way Back
The End
Reversed Time

Ghost Story

580 13 3
By miss_phee

We are being chased by Morro's Dragon, as we frantically run around the Bounty, deflecting his attacks.

"Take positions!" Sensei orders.

"Ah, I give you this much. That Ninja never quits." Cole shakes his head.

"Portside!" Zane yells.

"The cannons!" I order.

Jay mans the cannons, and fires at him, but misses. "Aah! Let me get this straight. You're just telling us now that you had another pupil before us, and now his cursed spirit has possessed Lloyd, all so that he can take your staff?"

"Morro won't stop until he gets what he's after. There's a secret message engraved on it. All these years, I had no idea." Sensei shook his head, staring at his staff.

"Of course. Ha, just another day in Ninjago." Jay sighs.

"Destiny really doesn't like us!" I say.

"If this is as fast as the Bounty goes, I think we're in for some serious trouble." Cole comments, seeing Morro landing on the Bounty.

"I need ink and parchment to make an imprint to see what's on the staff." Sensei says.

"Kai and I will take you to our quarters while Jay, Cole, and Kaylee will keep him busy." Zane orders.

"Oh, that's honorable of you to nominate us." Cole snaps.

"Yeah, we didn't fare so hot last time. Why is it you get off with the easy task?" Jay retorts.

"Yeah. Even I still have my powers, but they did absolutely nothing." I reply.

"Because I'm the intelligent one." Zane says, before leaving to the quarters.

"Ah, let's take this guy." Jay yells, and we start fighting him.

"Oh, great." I groan, as we're flung around every which way. He makes his way to our quarters, when Nya blocks his way. Morro attacks, and Nya dodges Morro's attacks, which deflates the autopilot.

"Oh, that's not good." Nya says, and we start screaming as the Bounty swerves.

"We'll crash if we don't stabilize the Bounty!" Cole groans.

Nya makes her way to the steering wheel, and I follow after her quickly. "Ugh. Come on, pull up. Pull up!" Nya pulls on the steering wheel.

"Pull up! FSM damnit!" I yell, helping Nya. Jay and Cole catch up with us.

"Ah! Are you aiming for that mountain?" Jay yells.

"Trying to rise above it! Ugh, a little help?" Nya snaps. Cole and Jay help out, pulling on the wheel, and Nya turns on the boosters. The Bounty barely misses the mountain.

"Oh my gosh." I gasp. The alarms blared above the speakers, which really didn't help.

"Primary thrusters destabilized, better hold on!" Nya yells, and we quickly anchor down. We crash land in a forest, smoke rising up. We run on the deck, where Kai, Zane,and Sensei emerged from the rubble, without Sensei's staff.

"Okay, let's never do that again." Kai groans, rubbing his arm.

"Ah, just think, if Sensei hadn't gotten rid of the staff, it could've been worse." Jay adds.

"Yeah, but now we don't know the message." Cole says.

"Not exactly. I managed to make an imprint." Sensei brings us down into the Bounty, where he shows us the symbols.

"But what does it all mean?" I ask.

"My father told me long ago that he would leave a message, leading me to his final resting place. After he passed, I looked everywhere for it, not knowing it was in my hand all this time." Sensei explains.

"You mean to tell us-" Kai starts.

"Yes. These symbols will lead us to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master. Only problem is I haven't the foggiest idea what any of them mean." Sensei strokes his beard thoughtfully.

"Well, if Morro is trying to find the tomb, we gotta find it first." I say forcefully. Morro is not going to get into the First Spinjitzu Masters tomb on my watch!

"Hey, maybe Misako can help decipher the clues since she's a total history buff." Cole says, as we walk out of the Bounty.

"Pixal, release the Falcon and give her our location." Zane says, and the Falcon flies off.

"Good, then we set up camp." Sensei says. We make a campfire, and got some sleeping bags from the wreckage of the Bounty, then pulled some logs around said campfire to make seats. Real cozy. 

"Care to hear a ghost story?" Sensei asks.

"If it means saving Lloyd, of course." Zane replies.

"Morro may have been my first pupil, but he was also my greatest regret. Before he was a cursed spirit, it wasn't I who found him...but he who found me. My brother had just gone off to train under Master Chen, which gave me time to attempt my hand at teaching. Morro was the perfect student. He did everything that was ever asked of him." Sensei starts.

"Yeah, he was a real gentleman at the time." I snort. Sensei shoots me a look, before continuing.

"I had shown him things he had never seen. And he showed me a few things too. He had a power over the Wind I had never seen. He was a descendant of an Elemental Master. It was then I thought I had found the one. Perhaps he would wear green."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back up. You're saying Morro, the Master of Wind was gonna be the Green Ninja!?" Jay yells, and the wind shifts, causing the fire to become bigger.

"Uh, did that just happen? Maybe I don't like ghost stories." Cole stutters.

"What happened next, Sensei?" Zane asks.

"After I told him he could be the Green Ninja, there was a hunger unmatched. There was an arrogance in him. I feared I had made a terrible mistake. But it wasn't for me to decide. It was destiny. When the Golden Weapons didn't respond like they did for Lloyd later, I knew Morro wouldn't become the chosen one." Sensei continues.

"Yeah, he used to be a great person until he changed." I say. "What? I read Sensei's diaries. He was 10 and I was around 2." 

"He became obsessed to prove me wrong. To prove destiny wrong. He became reckless. He thought he was invincible. I knew right there and then I could not teach those who would not listen. He told me he would find my father's tomb to prove he was worthy. I told him it could not be found. My father had left no message. I left the gate open in hopes he'd return, but he never came back. I am saddened he was banished to the Cursed Realm. But what worries me more is that he escaped, and for what reason? To save Lloyd and return your powers, you must find the tomb before he does. Or else." Sensei finishes.

"Or else what?" Jay asks, intrigued.

"Unspeakable power will curse us all." Sensei replies.

Jay laughs nervously. "Just another day in Ninjago, am I right?"

"This is different. Lloyd is at stake." Kai says.

"But how can we compete against the Green Ninja? He's more powerful than all four of us combined." Cole adds.

"Huh." Nya says.

"That was before we lost our powers." Zane says.

"But it's like Sensei said. Our real power doesn't come from our hands, it comes from inside here." Kai taps his chest. "This is Lloyd we're talking about. This is one mission we cannot fail." We nod, and talk a bit more, before walking to our sleeping bags and falling asleep, although I couldn't. How could I? My boyfriend, my best friend, is out there, all alone, posessed by a Cursed Spirit. I stand up abruptly, and start walking near the Bounty.

"Kaylee? What are you doing?" A voice calls from behind me. I jump, but then see Zane.

"Oh! Sorry Zane. I didn't see you there." I nervously stutter.

"What is wrong sister?" Zane asks.

"It's just-nothing." I shake my head.

"It's definitely not nothing." Zane sits down on a rock, patting the spot next to me. "Sit. I may be a Nindroid, but that doesn't mean I can comfort my sister."

"Sometimes I'm not sure if destiny hates us, or whatever." I sigh. Zane nods solemnly.

"I get it. It's hard being a ninja, but that's what you signed up for." Zane says.

"It is, but I'm now wondering if I made the right choice." I sigh.

"You are. Being a Ninja is hard, yes, but you do reap the awards of it. You save the world. That's something not many people would do voluntarily." Zane explains.

"I guess." I smile up at him. "Thanks Zane. You're the best big brother." I hug him.

"Careful. You don't what Kai, Cole, and Jay hearing that." He teases.

"Don't worry, we'll keep this a secret." I smile. "How's Pixal?"

"She's adapting pretty well. She says hi." Zane replies.

"Tell her I said hi back."

"Noted. We should go back to sleep." 

"Alright." We go back to sleep, but soon Misako arrives in the early morning, and we start listening to her decipher the symbols. The first one meant airjitzu. We slurp up our noodles, until Kai woke up.

"Misako got our message, and you made breakfast. Good, I'm starving." Kai says.

"We put your plate down over there." Kai groans when he sees a Walliper eating his food.

"As far as I knew, the tomb was only a fable, until I saw what's on the staff." Misako says.

"Does she know what the symbol means?" Kai asks.

"Not the last two yet, but get this: the first symbol means Airjitzu." Cole says.

"Airjitzu?" Kai wonders.

"A lost martial art created by Sensei Yang, who passed years ago. If mastered, it allows one to temporarily take flight." Misako explains.

"You hear that, Kai? We get to fly!" Jay cheers.

"You haven't found it yet. The Scroll of Airjitzu is well guarded in the ancient library of Domu." Sensei adds.

"Forgive me if I speak out of turn, but my records reveal it was recently stolen." Zane informs.

Jay gasps. "By who?"

"Ah, let me guess. Ronin." Cole spat.

"Who's Ronin?" Nya asks.

"Let's just say he's not a friend." I shake my head.

"But this is good news." Jay says.

"Uh, how so?" Cole asks, confused.

"Aargh, 'cause if Morro doesn't know this, he'll be heading to the library!" Jay reasons.

"And Ronin's most likely holed up in the village of Stiix, which gives us a head start!" Cole realizes.

"Then it's set. The Ninja will head to Stiix. We three will head back to the tea shop and start deciphering the next clues." Sensei orders.

"But Lloyd's my friend too. The Ninja will need my help too-" Nya protests.

"I'm sorry, Nya. You're sitting this one out. There's too much to be done here." Sensei replies. We get on our Wallipers. 

"on't worry, sis. With me in charge, this scroll will be ours in no time." Kai boasts.

"'Cause time flies when you know Airjitzu! Get it? Haha." Jay laughs.

"Be careful, Ninja, for the path we seek is never a straight line. Rely on each other to guide your way." Sensei warns.

We start leaving without Kai. "Wait up! I'm supposed to be leading here!" Kai yells. We travel anyways, ignoring Kai, but he takes the lead quickly. We start travelling in a desert.

Jay, Cole, Zane, and I are singing happily. "92,898 bottles of tea on the wall, 92,898 bottles of tea. You take one down and pass it around, 92,8-" 

"Enough! I'm really thirsty so we don't need to keep singing about tea." Kai snaps.

"Ho, ho! Someone should've had their breakfast." Cole teases.

"Ugh, we've been following the sun for hours. We should've arrived at Stiix already." Kai moans.

"But Stiix is on the eastern coast. We should be riding away from the sun." Zane informs.

"Why are you just telling us now!?" I ask incredously. 

"Because Kai wanted to lead." Zane says in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Great! We're officially lost! You know, we had a leg up, but nooo. Kai wanted to lead." Cole angrily yells.

"I swear, my gut says we should be following the sun." Kai reasons.

"Ugh, you're arguing with a Nindroid. He's a walking computer. Why is it when Lloyd's gone, we look to Kai? We should really be following Zane." Jay sighs.

"You know, he is the most logical choice." Cole agrees. We turn around.

"Well, I still think it's that way. And when I learn Airjitzu first, we'll see who's right." Kai's Walliper starts following us. "Aargh. Hey, no! This way! Ugh!" Kai's Walliper won't listen. "Ugh, fine. We'll follow Zane." I snicker loudly.

Zane sees train rails and rides towards it. 

"He's already found something. Let's go. Train tracks." Cole cheers.

"They lead straight to Stiix." Zane replies.

 "Hey, you hear that, Kai? They lead to Stiix. We follow Zane and look what happens." Jay says.

"But Sensei said the path we seek is never a straight line." Kai reasons.

"He also said rely on each other to guide." I point out.

"Yeah, Kai. Pfft." Jay mockss. We start singing again.

"92,897 bottles of tea on the wall, 92,897 bottles of tea, you take one down..." Time quickly passes by, and finally Kai also joins us in singing. Night soon comes and we are still following the tracks.

"...it around, no more bottles of tea on the wall." We finish the song and laugh merrily.

"That was enjoyable. Let's do it again." Zane says.

Kai, Jay, Cole, and I yell. "No! Haha!" 

"Uh, I wish Lloyd was here for that." I start sadly.

"So do I. But we'll find the tomb. And then, we'll save him." Kai vows.

"I wonder why the tomb's so important." Cole wonders.

"I don't know. Sensei says it holds unspeakable power." Jay says.

"It's the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master. Whatever secret it holds, it must be protected." Kai adds. 

We approach a train station. "Let's take a break here." Zane suggests. I hear someone laughing loudly in the distance.

"Uh, did you hear that?" I ask.

"Yeah, I did, but...we're in the middle of nowhere." We hear another laugh.

"I don't know, but be on guard." Kai orders. A blinding light flashes before us, and we see a ghost on a ghost cycle.

"What is that?" Jay yells.

"Watch out!" Cole yells, and Zane throws his shurikens at him, which did nothing but go through him.

"My shurikens. They went right through him!" He gaps.

"Because he's a Ghost!" I shriek.

"Morro must have summoned some friends. We're sitting ducks out in the open. We need to take shelter! Watch out!" Kai yells.

"Oh, God, he's coming for another pass!" Jay yells, and the ghost destroys the train station.

"There is no shelter!" Cole yells. The ghost uses his chain on a Walliper. "He turned my Walliper into a Ghost. No one turns my Walliper into a Ghost!"

"Ugh, get outta here. Hyah! Hyah!" Jay quickly ushers the Wallipers out of the area.

"Where did he go? I can't see him." I ask.

"Stay together." Zane orders.

"If our weapons do nothing, how are we supposed to fight a Ghost?" Jay yells.

"Good question. There he is! Watch out! Ugh." Kai's leg gets stuck on ghostie's chain. "Huh? That's not good. Aah!" Kai frees himself quickly. "I'm okay, everyone! I'm okay."

"He's gonna pick us off one by one, isn't he? There's nothing we can do." Cole gasps.

"He's underground. Aah!" Kai screams.

"Stand back." Cole traps his chain on a nearby water tower. We scream when Ghostie gets up, but he gets run over by a train. "Haha. Now that's how you stop a Ghost." 

"You think a train can stop a Ghost? Your world will pay dearly when Morro finds the tomb. And when he does, he will take possession of the-" Ghostie pulls on his chain, splashing himself with water and dissolving.

"What, uh, what just happened?" Cole asks.

"He went...ka-blooey." Zane informs.

"Yeah, but he was just gonna tell us what was in the tomb. Couldn't it have waited another second?" Jay sighs.

"We may not know what's in the tomb, but we do know one thing: how to stop a Ghost." Kai says.

"Water?" We gap at the clear liquid mixing with the green goo on the ground.

"Unusual. I guess it's true. The path we seek is never a straight line." Zane nods.

"Uh, speaking of straight lines, if that train's heading to Stiix, wouldn't it be faster if we..." I point to the train that had just passed us. We start chasing the train. 

"Hey! Wait for us! Slow down! Slow down!"

LALALALALA I've been reading Hamilton reacts to Hamilton fanfics and stuff AND I LOVE IT!!! Sorry, I like Hamilton, so expect me to be in reader's mode and not update stuff :) Alright, love y'all platonically, and bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 3.9K 7
War vet Dr. John Watson returns to London in need of a place to stay. He meets Sherlock Holmes, a consulting detective, and Sergeant (Y/N) (L/N) and...
408K 11.4K 14
When Magizoologist Newt Scamander and his best friend/assistant (Y/N) (L/N) arrive in New York, they intended their stay to be just a brief stopover...
779K 17.5K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
97K 2.7K 7
After the devastating events of the war against Thanos, the universe is in ruins. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers assemble once more...