The Guardian Rose

By GramzonDragon

(Y/N) encounters Summer Rose during a Grimm attack. When (Y/N) is injured Summers tells him to run, giving hi... More

Description
Prologue
Chapter 1: A New Day
Chapter 2: Initiation Test
Chapter 3: Classes
Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.
Chapter 5: The Challenge.
Chapter 6: A Secret Is Revealed.
Chapter 7: Confessions.
Chapter 8: Best Day Ever!
Chapter 9: Explanations.
Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon
Chapter 11: Painting The Town...
Q & A
Chapter 12: Recruiting the Enemy.
Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.
Chapter 14: Dance and Infiltration.
Chapter 15: The Shadow's Rage and Field Trip.
Chapter 16: What Was Once Lost, Has Been Found.
Chapter 17: Breach and Final Goodbye.
Q&A 2
Team T/N Bios
Chapter 18: Vital Festival
Chapter 19: Frosty Greetings.
Chapter 20: Planning
???
Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.
Chapter 23: The Fall of Beacon.
Epilogue
Q&A 3

Chapter 22: Battle of Beacon.

1K 22 11
By GramzonDragon

Y/N stormed towards Team RWBY's dorm when he was stopped by the guards at the door.

Inside

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice.

Yang: But he attacked me!

Ironwood: Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: But Yang would never do that!

Ruby: Yeah!

Ironwood: You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...

Y/N: IRONWOOD!

Y/N POV

Ironwood turned to see me bust through the door. Before he could react, I grabbed him by the throat and lifted him off the floor. Everyone in the room had their eyes on us, too scared to move or do anything. Both my arms and legs were covered in shadows and looked like my demonic form. I stared at Ironwood with my blood red eyes.

Y/N: Ironwood... This is your fault.

Ironwood: I demand that you put me down! And how is this my fault?

Y/N: I warned you, General. I told you that Emerald and Mercury were here to cause trouble. But you didn't listen. Now a friend of mine is being accused of attacking a downed opponent. I don't give a damn what kind of history we have, you should've listened. Now get out of my sight.

I threw Ironwood out the door and slammed it shut. I then used my shadows to cover up the door to prevent any unwanted guests. I then exhaled as the shadows vanished from my limbs.

Y/N: So, who believes Yang is innocent?

Ruby: Duh!

Weiss: She's hotheaded, but not ruthless.

Yang: Blake?

Blake turns her gaze away, earning a shocked look between Ruby and Weiss. I waited for an answer, even though my patience was wearing very thin at the moment.

Blake: I want to believe you...

Ruby: Huh!?

Weiss: What's that supposed to mean?

Yang: Blake?

Weiss: How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!

Blake: I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first they were accidents, then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right... This is all just... very familiar. But you're not him. And you've never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did.

Yang: I saw him attack me, so I attacked back.

Blake: Okay. Thank you.

Y/N: You believed in your own teammate when many didn't. Remember that trust and believing in one another will always be one of the strongest bonds you can have.

Ruby: Wait, you said you warned Ironwood? How did you know?

Y/N: I did warn him... But he refused to listen. This is why the two of us could never be friends. And as me of knowing, they tried to recruit me into being part of their little scheme.

Weiss: Wait, why didn't you do anything to stop them?

Y/N: Weiss, I'm gonna level with you... I've killed one person in my entire life. I really don't want to do that again. Because if I was able to do what I wanted to them, the authorities would be all over me. And we don't have good history with each other.

Blake: Wait, when did you kill someone?

Y/N: It was the same day I found Summer.

Weiss: Her captor.

Y/N: Yes, I think he said his name was... Dr. Delco Orenji?

Weiss's eyes then seemed to be filled with fear. I sensed that whatever the doctor did was something people feared.

Y/N: You heard of him?

Weiss: Yes, he was a disgraced Atlesian scientist. He had a way of testing his theories on live test subjects. He vanished one day and no one has seen him.

Y/N: Well, then I'm glad he's gone. Now I think Yang wants some time to think. Shall we take the second or third exit?

Ruby: What is the second and third exit?

I smile as I opened the window and made a wall of shadows appear next to it.

Y/N: Out the window, or Shadow Teleport.

Weiss: But we're not on ground level!

Y/N: Did I say jump? I was gonna make a slide down.

Weiss: I think I'll take the teleport one.

Ruby: OH! The slide please!

Blake: Teleport please.

Y/N: Majority rules. Sorry Rosebud, maybe next time.

Ruby: Aww, Ok.

Y/N: And Yang?

Yang: Yeah?

Y/N: Emerald's Semblance is illusion. She made you think that Mercury attacked you. And I wouldn't feel to bad for him.

Yang: Why?

Y/N: He has prosthetic legs. Now hang on tight everyone!

I grabbed RWB_ with shadow tendrils that came from my back and we walked through the shadow wall, vanishing from the room to leave Yang to her thoughts. We reemerged from the darkness in front of the Colosseum entrance.

Ruby: So cool!

Blake: So cold...

Weiss: Next time, I am taking the window exit.

Y/N: Haha! You get used to it after a while. Now let's head back to the arena.

Meanwhile

3rd POV

Yang was looking out the window when her uncle entered the room.

Qrow: Hey there, firecracker.

Yang: Hey, Qrow.

Qrow: So, why'd you do it?

Yang: You know why.

Qrow: All I know is that you attacked a helpless kid. So either you're lying or you're crazy.

Yang: I'm not lying, It was an illusion only I could see.

Qrow: Crazy, got it.

Yang: Who knows? Maybe I am. Maybe Y/N is as well.

Qrow: And here I thought your dark-haired friend was the emo one.

Yang: I saw my mom. I-I was in a lot of trouble. Took a pretty hard hit. But when I came to, the person attacking me was gone. And I thought I saw... her. Her sword, like the one in you and dad's old picture.

Qrow: Haha, you're not crazy, Yang. That was your mom, all right. Let me guess - she didn't say a word, did she?

Yang: How did you know that?

Qrow: I don't see my sister very often, but she does try to keep in touch... whenever it suits her.

Yang: Wait. You mean you talk to her? That was real?

Qrow: Yeah, she found me. Had a tip from my most recent assignment and wanted me to give you a message.

Yang: Why didn't you tell me sooner!?

Qrow: *sigh* I was tryin' to wait for the right time, and this sure ain't it. But I guess you deserve to know. She wanted me to tell you that she saved you once, but you shouldn't expect that kindness again. Raven's got an interesting way of looking at the world that I don't particularly agree with. And she's dangerous. But you're a tough egg, kiddo. Shouldn't let this tournament thing get'cha down. You had a slip-up, sometimes bad things just happen. I say it's time you move on.

Yang: Move on to what?

Qrow: Well... Raven let some info slip before she took off. If you ever wanna track her down, I think I might be able to help.

He glanced back at Yang, who looks at him with her full attention.

Elsewhere

Pyrrha was looking through an old family album to take her mind off a few things when she looked at her aunt on her mother's side.

Pyrrha: Wait, she was married to a famous bloodline?

She looked at who she was married to her eyes widened and she dropped the book.

Pyrrha: N-no, it can't be. That means, he's my cousin?

Later that day

Back in the Colosseum, people are back in the stands cheering and ready for entertainment as Ruby descends down the steps to an open seat. Despite everything that's happened, she's smiling widely, looking around at the assembled crowds... until her stupefied eyes see a familiar, glaring face on the other side of the arena.

Ruby: Emerald's... here?

As if sensing she's being watched, Emerald leans forward to glare at Ruby, who suddenly gets up with a worried expression and runs towards the exit tunnel. Checking to see if no one's around, she enters a door labeled with a yellow maintenance sign and finds herself inside of the Colosseum. She walks forward with determination as the announcers' voices are heard, muffled behind the brick walls.

Oobleck: All right, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!

The sound of the roulette is heard faintly, but what makes Ruby stop in her tracks is the sight of another unexpected "friend" stepping out from a nearby tunnel, completely unharmed and definitely not going home.

Ruby: Mercury?

Port: It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina from Atlas...

Ruby: What are you doing?

Port: And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos from Beacon!

Ruby: No... Y/N was right... 

Mercury: Ooh, polarity versus metal. That could be bad.

Ruby glares at her new opponent, reaching back to grab Crescent Rose, only to remember she doesn't have it on her. Mercury simply grins maliciously and sets himself up in a fighting pose.

Outside, the arena's center is lifting back into the air, and an oblivious Penny is grinning wildly, with her fellow redhead Nora cheering excitedly from the stands, even getting Ren to let out a reluctant "Yaaay..." 

Ozpin's office

Professor Ozpin entered his office walking back to his desk and pouring himself a drink from his teapot as he watches the Vytal Festival Tournament's roulette system deciding the next match.

Oobleck: Alright, it's now time to begin the randomization process for our next fight!

Port: It looks like our first contender is... Penny Polendina, from Atlas! And her opponent will be... Pyrrha Nikos, from Beacon!

Ozpin seats himself behind his desk and takes a sip from his cup as he stares at the "randomized" fight to be.

Drake: You might want to get prepared.

Ozpin looked up from the screen and saw the dragon sitting in a chair with his mask off.

Ozpin: So I heard your apprentice attacked Ironwood

Drake: Eh, he probably deserved it.

Ozpin: Do you plan on staying in this world?

Drake: I plan on leaving for a few months. Got other things to take care of. I felt a dimensional rift yesterday and I think I know why.

Ozpin: Necross is recruiting members to help him.

Drake: Yes. He may not have been as knowledgeable as Nakuma, but he is still very dangerous.

Ozpin: You never told me why you aren't going to do anything to help us.

Drake: I follow an old code. Never mess with the timeline. If you change the timeline of the world too greatly it will fracture and slowly erase from existence.

Ozpin: Then why do you even bother?

Drake: Why do you?

A few minutes later

Pyrrha only has a brief moment to understand what's happening before Penny's arms are spread wide as she gasps, the strings attached to her own weapons curling around her left arm and midsection, which are crumpled by the force with the ease of an aluminum can.

There is a moment of darkness, cut by the wire slicing through the electronics in Penny's torso to reveal a shocked Pyrrha, and the entire stadium watching the now unmoving swords drop to the ground. A piece of fabric flutters to the arena floor, only to be pinned by the point of a falling blade, away from the torn halves of Penny.

Pyrrha stares in abject horror, eyes wide and mouth agape.

Port: No!

While the remains of Penny's missing arm spark with electricity from the exposed wiring inside, her big green irises, now looking like camera shutters, slowly expand so her dark, lifeless pupils take up most of her eyes with the sound of a machine shutting down. The crowds are still terrified by the sight, and miles away in Mountain Glenn, Grimm of all kinds turn toward the Colosseum, and begin to charge.

Finally, Ruby turns a corner and emerges from the service tunnel, only to see with her own eyes that she is far too late.

Ruby: Penny...

The levitating arena is lowered back into place under the spotlights, and Mercury appears behind the weeping Ruby, grinning widely at his success in delaying her before stepping back into the Colosseum's maintenance area. Ruby tenses slightly as she hears his footsteps, but slumps forward once again as the door noisily swings shut.

Oobleck: Broadcast, what are you doing? Kill the feed!

Broadcast Op: Something's wrong! We don't have control of the cameras! We can't even stop the broadcast!

Oobleck: What!? How is that possible!?

In answer, the background behind the two teachers changes to the video feed of the sight before them, tinted an ominous bright red with a black queen chess piece hovering over the scene. They turn back to the arena as a familiar voice rings out throughout the Colosseum and the rest of the world watching these events.

Cinder: This is not a tragedy. This was not an accident. This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both.

Ironwood, realizing who she's talking about, grimaces and rises from his seat, marching up the steps.

Cinder: They cling to this power in the name of-

The logo on the screens changed into a black rose with red a outline.

???: They are correct, this was not an accident. This was done on purpose to show a point.

Then the screens changed to show Cinder, Emerald, and Mercury standing on the rooftops. The three were clearly in shock.

???: Take note on how our injured friend Mercury Black is standing there. I'll tell you how, he has prosthetic legs, thus an easy way to fake an injury. The young Emerald Sustrai, her semblance is Illusion. She made it seem like Mercury attacked Yang, thus she defended herself. And she made it seem like Penny was overwhelming Pyrrha. And finally we have Cinder Fall, the one who orchestrated the entire thing.

Cinder glared as her plan was being interrupted by someone.

Y/N: Now, many of you may not know who I am. I am The Shadow Rose, but you also know me by my real name. Y/N L/N. Now if you want to blame someone, blame General Ironwood. I told him of what I knew of Team CMNE. But of course, he would rather ignore me and put the lives of students in danger. Now I suggest you leave in a calm and orderly fashion, the Grimm are approaching fast.

The screens then turned off and went to static.

Oobleck: The feeds are all jammed! We can't get a message out!

Port: Will somebody tell me what in the world is happening!?

The question is answered with the sound of a wailing alarm throughout the structure, with humans and Faunus and even a Henchman holding a tub of popcorn looking up in alarm at the orange flashing screens reading "CAUTION".

Warning Announcer: Alert. Incoming Grimm attack. Threat level: Nine. Please seek shelter in a calm and orderly manner.

The crowds begin to flee, wild and screaming, through the exit tunnels, while Ironwood enters the announcers' box and grabs the microphone from between Port and Oobleck.

Ironwood: Ladies and gentlemen, please. There is no need for panic.

With that said, a Giant Nevermore appears atop the arena's domed force field, giving a series of deafening screeches as it claws and pecks at the defense with its beak.

Sun: A Nevermore!?

Coco: How did it get past the Kingdom's defenses!?

Ren: It wasn't alone.

In the headmaster's office, Ozpin is gripping his cane tight, watching the city come under attack with a horrified expression. The elevator opens with Qrow and Glynda rushing out.

Qrow: Oz!

Ozpin: Get to the city!

Qrow: But-

Ozpin: NOW!

Qrow and Glynda exchange a look before going back the way they came. Meanwhile, Mountain Glenn is almost silent, as every monster lurking there from Beowolves to Boarbatusks, Ursai and Nevermores, and even lumbering Goliaths with wide red eyes rush forward.

Ironwood: *On Scroll* Ozpin, the girl... I-I can explain!

Ozpin: You brought your army to my Kingdom, James. Use it.

Y/N: *On Scroll* And after this is over, General... You better hope I don't find you.

Ironwood's worry turns to determination. His fleet of ships are being attacked by even more giant Nevermores though to minimal effect. Soldiers inside are scrambling to enter commands inside the bridge around their commanding officer.

Atlas Ship Captain: Dammit! *Scroll* This is Blue Four! Blues Two and Three, fall into defensive position!

Blue Three: *Scroll* Roger! Blue Three, in position!

Atlas Ship Captain: Blue Two, what's your status?

Blue Two: ...

Atlas Ship Captain: Blue Two, come in! Someone answer me, dammit!

???: Blue Two is not available right now, only death remains here.

Necross crushed the communication device as he walked down a corridor and stoped in front of a holding cell and opens it.

Roman: Well... it's about time... 

Necross: Shut it worm. Now take your shit and get on with whatever the hell you got planned.

Roman: You are a strange fellow.

Outside the Airships, where the furthest craft suddenly turns towards its allies and fires several bright red lasers at the engine of the one closest to it.

Atlas Ship Captain: We're hit! What's going-

The captains words were cut off as

Roman: Hahaha Woo-hoohahahaha! Oohh, it is good to be back!

At Beacon's cliffside landing platforms, three Bullheads arrive, the middle one opening its hatch to reveal four members of the White Fang, and their leader.

Adam: Bring them to their knees!

Another Bullhead opens its door, this time with several creatures of Grimm inside. A growling Ursa jumps from it and lands on Academy grounds. The fairgrounds are in chaos as civilians run away from the hordes of Grimm. Atlesian Knight-200s are firing at the dark creatures, and a vendor hides behind his booth when a group of Ursai run past. Several Nevermores fly across the sky, one holding Roy Stallion in it's talons. Blake Belladonna and Weiss Schnee are then shown watching in horror of everything going on around them. Civilians continue to flee as Grimm continue to run amok, and a dead Creep on the ground starts to dissipate.

Weiss: I don't believe this...

Blake: Yang, are you okay?

Yang: *Scroll* I'm fine. Is Ruby with you? She's not answering her Scroll.

Blake: No, she isn't. Yang, I'm sure she's fine. She's our leader. She can take care of herself.

Yang: *Scroll* Right. What about Y/N and his team? I haven't seen any of them since all this started.

Weiss: This can't be happening... Penny...

Yang: *Scroll* I'm headed to the docks near the courtyard. The White Fang are releasing Grimm into the school!

Blake: The White Fang is here!? 

???: *Scroll* (Growl)

 Blake: Yang!

Yang: Ugh! Gotta go! Be careful!

Weiss: Blake, what are we going to do?

Blake: We're going to the docks, and we're doing our job.

Blake uses her Scroll to call upon her rocket locker, which lands behind her and opens up to reveal Gambol Shroud. Weiss gives one last look at Blake before nodding in agreement. Back at Amity Colosseum, the Nevermore screeches as it continues to weaken the force field that's keeping it from getting in.

Warning Announcer: Warning: Safety Barriers Failing.

As civilians run past her in a panic, Ruby stays kneeling on the ground with her head down, her expression in a mixture of shock and sadness. As the Nevermore circles around the colosseum, Pyrrha struggles to stand as she looks in shock at the torn apart Penny.

Jaune: PYRRHA!! Pyrrha, that thing's going to break in! You've gotta move!

Jaune, Ren, and Nora look up and see the force field flash as the Nevermore rises back up before diving back in. Wasting no time, the leader of Team JNPR jumps from the stands into the arena.

Nora: Jaune!

Jaune: Pyrrha, please snap out of it!

Suddenly, the Nevermore completely breaks through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena floor knocks back Jaune, Pyrrha, and the pieces of Penny. The Nevermore screeches and lunges towards Pyrrha. Suddenly, the Nevermore is knocked back by a red, twirling blur of roses, with the cause of the blur gripping one of Penny's swords and stabbing into the Nevermore, before jumping back down in front of Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Ruby?

Ruby: Leave her alone!

Y/N then dropped next to Ruby and brandished his two guns.

Y/N: You started a party and didn't invite me?

Ruby: Y/N! What happened?

Y/N: I'll explain as much as I can, but first we need to get to a safer area.

The Nevermore rises up and circles around the arena before lunging back down. Ruby holds Penny's sword defensively and Y/N steadied his weapons. Suddenly, the Nevermore gets pinned down by a barrage of rocket lockers, and screeches out in pain before going unconscious. The lockers then open up, revealing the weapons of various students, including Crocea Mors, StormFlower, Magnhild, and Fulcrum. The respective owner of the sword pulls it out from his locker, and is shown alongside Scarlet David gripping his cutlass and flintlock pistol, Sage Ayana with his sword, and Neptune Vasilias with his gun in hand. The camera continues to pan over showing Sun Wukong with Ruyi Bang and Jingu Bang in its staff form, Ren and Nora carrying their respective weapons, and the remaining members of Team CFVY, the members of Team ABRN, as well as Flynt Coal and Neon Katt of Team FNKI, all gripping their respective weapons. The students are then suddenly shaken when the Nevermore starts to get back up. Ren then leaps up into the air and uses the blades of his weapons to slash at the Nevermore's eye. Arslan Altan uses her rope dart to swing down and grab the towering Yatsuhashi from the ground carrying him upward. Sage also leaps up into the air, and Nora runs up to the Nevermore's head and hit it with Magnhild in its hammer form. When Arslan reaches peak height, she lets go of Yatsuhashi, who is then joined by Sage, as the two broadsword wielders slash down and decapitate the Nevermore. Causing it's head to land near Ruby before dissipating into black particles, while the students form a perimeter. As Arslan lands back on the ground next to her teammates, Ruby looks over to the teary-eyed Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Ruby, I... I'm so sorry.

Ruby: Me too. But it wasn't your fault.

Jaune: She's right. Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else.

Pyrrha stands back up and takes her weapons back from Jaune, the two of them exchanging determined expressions. They then look over to Ruby, who smiles at the impressive ensemble of students. Their moment is cut short when they notice hippogriff-like Grimm land on top of the colosseum. They fly towards the group of students as Ren calls the Grimm species out by their formal name.

Ren: Griffons.

Neptune: Anybody got a plan of attack?

Ruby: Sun! I need your Scroll!

Sun uses his tail to flick his Scroll to Ruby, who catches and uses it to summon her locker, which opens up revealing Crescent Rose inside. However, Ruby is stopped when a Griffon lands on her locker, and roars at her before being scared away at the sound of a gunshot.

Port: Students! I think it would be best for you to leave.

Ruby: But we did a-

Oobleck: Miss Rose! This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it.

Ruby nods at the Doctor's words before grabbing Crescent Rose and twirling it into it's scythe form.

Ruby: Let's go!

As all the students leave, Ruby gets distracted by the flash of Velvet Scarlatina's camera. She stops to look at the photograph she took but is interrupted when her leader calls out to her.

Coco: Velvet!

With the students clear of the arena, Port and Oobleck stand back-to-back with their weapons in hand as the Griffons circle around them. As they were running Ruby decided to ask a question that was bothering her.

Ruby: Hey Y/N? Before you said you can absorb fear, right?

Y/N: There's too much fear to absorb. I can only absorb fear from a few people, not all of Remnant.

Velvet: So, where's the rest of your team?

Y/N: Helping the civilians most likely. Speaking of which, where's your team Rosebud?

Ruby: I'm not too sure.

Y/N: Let's hope they aren't in too much trouble.

A/N

Guess Y/N couldn't prevent the battle of beacon. But I was surprised on what Y/N did. So to keep this short, leave a vote, comment, and your support!

Sky Above, Voice Within.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 393 12
You are a really strong huntsman who has been accepted into beacon. You met 4 girls on beacons. Your bonds are strong leading into strong relationshi...
30.4K 373 36
This is my second story and please help with me. This is a girl name Y/N rose and she having a hard time on her family but only who care for her is R...
703K 9.1K 114
"Death does not discriminate." -Y/n Gremory, formerly Y/n Rose. Y/n Rose was the older brother of Ruby Rose, but was abused and neglected by his fami...
213K 2.6K 34
For as long as he could remember (y/n) Rose has been fascinated with fire. One day when (y/n)'s semblance manifests itself it catches the attention o...