The Other Side Of Friendship

Por AjKichu

An unexpected turn of events led to the separation of three Bestfriends: Mew, Gulf and Alexis. When they get... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Apology
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue

Chapter 13

921 65 21
Por AjKichu

When Alexis and I reached the stadium, it was almost full that we ended up in the seat near the entrance door. The crowd was so loud as our college was up against the previous year's defending champions, Blackspurs.

The squads were already inside the ground while the cheerleaders had been doing their awesome job as usual. There were two minutes left before the game kicked off while, all I saw on the ground was Gulf.

Gulf was wearing his dark blue jersey written 11 on his back, white shorts, yellow socks, looking like a real soccer player. As much as I was proud and happy to see him standing there, something distracted me.

He was standing with his shoulders hang loose, a pale face and from the distance I could read by his body language that he was not in his usual form.

I feared what if 'our friendship' had been the reason. I knew he was hurt but did not know how much. I remembered how I used to call him up before every match to give away my wishes.

I would often mess with him saying, ''Gulf's on the ground just to score.'' while he would always accuse me of being his 'bad charm'. But such did not happen today, infact it had been hours since I last talked to him.

There had been days when Gulf and I carried on with our lives as if we did not exist for each other but we always had this belief that we were in good terms, hence I never felt differently. But this time, something felt so wrong and my mind was no longer in peace.

By catching the glimpse of Gulf's unhappy face, I started missing his happy smiley face, back when he was still a cute looking kid. But now, the last time he smiled was when the three of us went out for shopping. It has been too long now.

''I love you Gulf'' I heard from the girls sitting beside us. Once I glanced at them I realised they were girls from my college which made me smile at them.

''Alexis you in?'' Alicia, my classmate who was among the girls called in Alexis for cheering together with them. Alicia was usually the cheerful kind and had always been a good friend to Alex even when we were young.

''We're planning to call out their names out loud.'' she continued excitedly and I found that quite interesting. I wanted to cheer for my college team as well.

''Of course!! I'm in.'' Alexis agreed after some time.

''Great. Okay, this is what we're gonna scream first, ''Titans, Run, kick it and Win It.'' suggested Alicia who seemed like the leader among her friends. Titan was the name of our college football club.

It sounded okay hence, forgetting the one thousand crowds in the stadium, we began to exercise our throat with the following words and sometimes even called their names out. It was fun watching the game.

When the match kick off , I focussed a lot on Gulf who was on the left flank playing wide. I followed the ball as well but my concentration had only been in Gulf because he actually looked really cool in that football jersey. But at the same time, I was disturbed because he looked sluggish as if the evening sun had burned off his calories.

Minutes later, out of luck, a corner kick from Gulf allowed Troy, the Titan's captain who was a defender naturally, strike the ball into the net with the help of his head. It was a brilliant header.

The whole crowd instantly started jumping and screaming and waved off the flags followed by a chorus for the ''Titans''. But before the celebration of the goal ended, the Titans conceded one goal and it was time for the Blackspurs to wave their flags off.

''Coffee?'' Alexis asked patting on my shoulders. I had been so lost in the game, that for once, I forgot Alexis was even beside me. I smiled at her awkwardly and took the coffee she offered.

''Does Gulf play like this all the time?'' She asked focussing on the pitch.

''Why do you ask that? Is he not doing well for you?'' I asked rather defensively as I did not fancy the idea of hearing anything bad about Gulf

''No..'' She denied strongly, '' I'm just asking.''

''Well is he doing well for you or not?'' I persisted with the question.

''I don't know how to analyse football.'' She cutely answered raising her eyebrows at me, ''but it has been interesting.''

''Take Out eleven.'' suddenly I heard an old man shout from the seat infront of us with bitter disappointments and I know exactly who eleven was.

Alexis and I glanced at each other in shocked not knowing how to react.
I fixed my eyes back on the pitch worriedly and saw how awfully tired Gulf looked.

''I've been hearing that a lot today.'' Softly she whispered into my ears.

I did not feel good with the criticisms Gulf recieved because he had always been an excellent player and so far he had been doing his best. Ofcourse, he had been slow in his runs compared to other days and was defensively weak being played out of position. He was best in his central position, not as a winger but I was no one to judge.

The more I looked at Gulf who was struggling to create chances, I felt my instincts screaming out the reasons for his poor performance but my innerself kept battling against it to be true.

''Something's wrong.'' I said fixing my eyes on the pitch where Gulf was walking along the corner line as if he had no bones in his body.

He looked as though he had already given up but in his highschool days, Gulf was known to be someone who always gave his best till the last minute, the man responsible for holding the team spirit and hence, he was the captain.

He was not the captain that day nor did he had the determination or the spirit of a captain. He was just Gulf, my best friend.

There was one minute left before the end of the first half and much to our luck, the Blackspurs were booked with a penalty for tackling Gulf in the D-box.
The match was tough and very competitive, hence a lot of pressure was on Gulf as his captain offered him to take the chance.

The whole crowd became quiet, everbody looked nervous as the camera focussed only on Gulf and his face appeared clearly on all the screens.

Alexis quickly held my hand and squeezed it tightly, perhaps she was nervous. I put my arms around her shoulder and hugged her tightly.

I looked at Gulf on the screen, his face all covered with sweats, skin turned red, his adorable deep bright eyes filled with an unexplainable sadness. The Gulf on the screen was the Gulf no one knew and I bet even Mandy did not knew what that look meant even if she claimed herself as his girlfriend.

''I know that look.'' slowly Alexis commented and my heart felt something warm and melodious.
I looked at her in disbelieve but caught only a glimpse of his fair side line of her lips which looked alarmingly kissable.

''He's not gonna make it, is he.'' She asked poorly looking down at me and it was that moment when I figured how much Gulf meant to Alexis as well.

I could not believe, despite all those years she still knew the ins and outs of Gulf. She was right, that Gulf on the screen was the Gulf we knew as a kid : timid,scared, nervous and fragile. But I hated to admit the truth, hence I stayed mum until the referee blew the whistle.

A brief silence followed.

''Awww'' A group sigh was all I heard next from the people in our gallery followed by the voice on the Microphone that repeated, ''Felony saves it!! Felony saves it. What a terrific save.''

''I can't believe he missed a penalty.'' I heard next from the girls beside me witn utter disappointments and I did not blame them because Gulf always scores. But that day he even missed a penalty and that was something no one in the stadium expected.

''I thought Gulf always scored.''

''What's wrong with him.''

''Should've taken him out from the start.''

A lot of complains and criticisms continued against him which was like a nightmare and the referee blew the whistle declaring it as the end of the first half.

I finally fixed my eyes back at the pitch and there I saw how Gulf reacted with misery.

As they walked out from the pitch, their friends came and patted on his shoulder, a gesture that showed comforts but all Gulf did was return them a fake smile, a smile that hides all reality.

Not edited yet🙏

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

43.7M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
656K 40.1K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 45.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...