Loud Blondes | Denki Kaminari...

By Calybear7

(Y/n)'s father, Shouta Aizawa, has a few simple rules, the most important being no dating loud blondes. You... More

Aizawa's Daughter | Chpt 1
Ugh, 1-A | Chpt 2
Textbooks | Chpt 3
Disappointing | Chpt 4
Phone Number | Chpt 5
Drawbacks | Chpt 6
The Party | Chpt 7
Out of Here | Chpt 8
Unwanted Attention | Chpt 9
Not the Same | Chpt 11
Relief | Chpt 12
Bubble Tea | Chpt 13
You Know Her? | Chpt 14
Everyone Else | Chpt 15
Paper Dino | Chpt 16
Friends | Chpt 17
Short Circuit | Chpt 18
Mitochondria | Chpt 19
Jealous | Chpt 20
The Aizawa Household | Chpt 21
Sport's Festival | Chpt 22
Yellow | Chpt 23
Sleepover | Chpt 24
Hug | Chpt 25
Studying | Chpt 26
A Bad Day | Chpt 27
Silent Treatment | Chpt 28
Invisible | Chpt 29
All Worked Out | Chpt 30
Simple | Chpt 31
Hard Bargain | Chpt 32
Camp | Chpt 33
Okay | Chpt 34
Comfort | Chpt 35
Loud Blonde Connections | Chpt 36
Safe | Chpt 37
Bass | Chpt 38
Groceries | Chpt 39
Happy | Chapter 40
Guilty | Chpt 41
Married | Chpt 42
My Beautiful Girl | Chpt 43
Rebellion | Chpt 44
Mistake | Chpt 45
Spacey | Chpt 46
Family | Chpt 47
Mirai | Chpt 48
Casual | Chpt 49
Epilogue | Chpt 50
GIVEAWAY - COMMENT TO WIN (Closed)

Acquaintances | Chpt 10

10.9K 407 454
By Calybear7

Howdy

(y/n)'s POV

"Oh boy, sparky knows now, huh?" Hanako asked, setting down her bag finally. She had been rummaging around in it for her lunch card and Ryou had been impatiently waiting for her to go up and get lunch. I had taken the short time to tell them that I had told Kaminari that I was his teacher's daughter.

"Yeah, he kind of freaked and took off. I guess that's fine," I said.

"At least now he should pick up on the fact you were being so mean because of your dad," she said.

"As if he would pick up on anything. He's been at her heels despite the fact she's been a bitch. No offence," Ryou said and I frowned. "If he couldn't tell she looks exactly like the teacher he sees everyday, he's not going to pick up on that subtle shit."

"Jeez, who shoved a stick up your ass Ryou?" Hanako asked.

"You if you don't find your lunch card. How many times do I have to tell you to put it in the same spot."

"Mmm, just one more time," she tested and he frowned. It seemed something was bothering Ryou, though he clearly didn't want to share. I just watched the pair bicker. "AHA!"

"Finally."

"Oh can it," she said. "I wouldn't worry about it. You got what you wanted right?" She walked away with Ryou to the food line, leaving me alone at my lunch table. I pulled out my lunchbox, happy to finally see the sushi I had made myself yesterday. There was one that was very poorly rolled, which my father had made. I had commissioned him to make them with me yesterday afternoon since he would be coming home later than usual today. He was headed to USJ with his students.

"Hey you! No na--I mean (y/n)," I glanced up to see the seat in front of me being filled by none other than Kaminari. He had begun to say 'no name' again, probably used to the fact he didn't know my name. Except that he did now.

"What do you want?" I asked, setting down my chopsticks.

"Woah, not excited to see me?" he asked. I just stared at him, unamused. Why was he even here? It seemed pretty obvious yesterday, he couldn't handle my lineage. "Alright, alright."

I just picked up my chopsticks, picking up a piece of sushi. I was hoping he would go away. I didn't want to deal with any of this right now, it was just simpler when nobody knew who I was.

"Uh, so, I just wanted to let you know that even though you're my teacher's daughter, you're still super hot," he commented. The piece of sushi dropped back into its container and my head whipped back up to look at him.

"Excuse me?" I asked, my chopsticks still poised but empty.

"Agh, wrong approach," he said, tugging at his neck.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"I don't know! I just wanted to come over here and say it doesn't bother me, I swear!" he said, panicking.

"Wh--Why didn't you just say that?" I asked, my face burning up. I glanced around, but it seemed that nobody was really looking. I peered over his shoulder at his friends who ducked their heads. They were certainly watching.

"I just wanted to be your friend! I'm such a--"

"What?" I asked.

"Friend?" he reiterated.

"You're kidding right? That's a mean joke," I said.

"I'm...not joking?"

"Look. I know it's weird for some people that I'm their teacher's daughter. Even if it doesn't weird you out, I know what people say about me too. You probably don't want to be associated with me. I get that I'm not a cool hero like him and you don't have to be nice to me," I said. He just watched silently. "I'm not going to tattle on you or something either. You don't have to play nice just please or kiss up to him. I don't want to screw up anyone's image, especially someone like you...in class 1-A."

"Huh?" It seemed Ryou was correct, in that he hadn't picked up on the fact I was being so mean on account of my father.

"You don't have to be nice to me. I'm not going to tell my dad anything. You don't have to associate with me," I said, picking up the same piece of sushi. I placed it in my mouth, wishing he would just get up and leave. When I glanced up, it looked like he was trying to do a long division problem in his head. He seemed completely and utterly confused. "Are you okay?" I raised an eyebrow at him and he looked over at me.

"I'm not being nice to you because of your dad, I just think you're cool," he said. "And who cares if you're not a hero. Aren't you in a medical course? That's just as cool."

"You seemed pretty freaked yesterday," I insisted.

"I mean sure, it was shocking," he said, glancing down. "But I still want to be your friend. I know you don't really want a friend that will push you out of your comfort zone, but I think everyone deserves one of those friends. Including you!"

If my father knew...he would certainly kill one or both of us.

"You don't know anything about me."

"And I want to! That's the whole point," he said, grinning at me. "I'd very much like to associate with you." I watched his right eye shut in a quick wink.

"How do you know I wouldn't tell my dad that you do...that?"

"You told me you wouldn't. 2 times. Just now."

"Well--maybe I will if you don't stop it," I said.

"I suppose that's fair," he said, leaning up against his hand. "Your friends are coming back soon, do you want to be friends or not? Not that I'm taking no for an answer of course, I just need to know if I need to be more persistent." I stared at him, grimacing slightly.

"Acquaintances. My dad doesn't need to know," I said, my ground rules solid.

"How come?"

"Just keeping you out of trouble," I said. "Take it or leave it." I wanted at least some control in this situation by deciding exactly how we would be interacting. I had to keep this out of sight of my father, so what he didn't know couldn't hurt him.

"Deal! We'll be best friends by the end of the quarter!" he called, holding out his hand for me to shake. I cringed and took it, shaking it once before he gripped it. "Maybe more, I'm pretty irresistible." We were just holding hands at this point and the eye contact he made with me made my face want to explode. I felt a jolt of electricity run up my arm as he let go, standing up. Standing there and staring into electric yellow eyes, wide with excitement, I couldn't help but feel as though I was signing my life away.

"Oh hey! Lover boy!" Hanako called, stopping him from leaving.

"Lover boy?" he muttered, confused. He glanced towards me, watching me obviously shade my face from him in embarrassment. It was clear he knew he was a topic of conversation in my friend group.

"I never got a formal introduction," Hana said. "I'm Hanako Kobayashi, or just Hanako. This is Ryou Kishi."

"Oh well hey! I'm Denki Kaminari," he said, smiling warmly. I couldn't stand the embarrassing blush on my face. It was making me itchy and hot.

"You should sit!" Hanako offered, there being an extra chair still open across from me.

"Sure, for a few minutes," he said. I could feel him staring at me and I quite literally could have melted into a puddle in that moment. So much for control over the situation. Where was my dad's cool stature when I needed it? I was such an idiot.

"So what do you like to do?" Hana asked.

"Uh, well I like hanging around friends and video games. Fun stuff," he said. He looked over towards me and I averted my gaze to the table.

"I never saw you at the party," Hanako said.

"Must not have caught each other," he said. There was a short awkward silence to which I had to swallow my sushi. Ryou still seemed to be pouting from earlier.

"Uh, my dad said you're going to USJ today," I commented and he beamed.

"Yeah! I'm super excited! There's a whole training exercise set up and I wonder what terrain I'll get to be in."

"Well what is your quirk best suited for?" I asked, placing another piece of sushi in my mouth. He seemed to be more interested in talking about this.

"It's long range, so any sort of terrain is alright. Maybe not water," he said. "I would probably turn the entire body of water into a hazard."

"How many volts?" I asked.

"Uh, about 1.3 million is my limit," he said.

"Are you serious?" I asked, placing my chopsticks down.

"Yeah?"

"That's crazy high! What if you got struck by lighting? Would it help?" I asked. I was fascinated by this kind of stuff. It wasn't too long ago that I had embarrassed myself in front of Miruko by asking her if she could give birth to a whole litter instead of just one baby. She thought it was funny, but as soon as it came out of my mouth, I had never felt more foolish.

"I don't know, I've never been struck with lightning. It would probably be too much," he said. I hummed, shutting my mouth. I didn't want to be asking any more silly questions.

"Well, you should have fun at USJ and tell us about it!" Hanako said, smiling slyly at me.

"Will do! I should probably get back to my table," he said. He smiled warmly at me and I just pressed my lips into a thin line back at him. I watched him walk away, letting out a sigh.

"I am in so much trouble," I complained. "If my dad finds out, I'm surely dead."

"It's just friends, it's not that bad," Hanako replied. "Sorry to eat and run, but I have to stop at my locker. Or maybe my dorm. I'm pretty sure I lost my book." She got up, shoving food in her mouth and her tray in the return. I glanced over at Ryou, giving him a small smile.

"You...doing alright?" I asked. He paused, his jaw shifted before he just shrugged. "I'm not the most helpful person for stuff like this. I can only heal injuries and stuff, my bedside manner is alright. But...what's wrong?"

"I'm so sick of people," he scoffed, shoveling food in his mouth angrily. I paused, not really knowing what to say.

"Any particular reason why?" he let out an annoyed sigh.

"Do you know that person I was talking to at the party?"

"Yeah, you never told me their name," I replied.

"It doesn't matter what his name is, he's a jerk," he scoffed again.

"Why? What happened?" Ryou paused to look at me before shaking his head.

"I thought he was nice and interesting. We talked all night and I thought he was interested, but to be honest, he was only interested in physical shit," Ryou said.

"Did he ask you for like...inappropriate stuff?" I asked and he sighed, shrugging.

"Kind of..."

"I'm sorry, he sounds like a jerk. You should talk to a teacher if it's really bad," I said.

"He wasn't...rude about it. Not like he forced me to do anything. He just wanted sexual stuff and I don't. A deal breaker," he said. "It was pretty disappointing."

"I'm sorry. I mean, you'll find someone who likes the same stuff. There's no doubt about that. You're really cool and if he wasn't for you, he wasn't for you. It'll all work out." He gazed at me for a really long time before letting out a sigh.

"Can I be honest with you?"

"Sure." Was what he just told me not honest?

"Don't...tell Hanako. She's a good friend, I just don't want her involved with this."

"Oh, uh okay."

"I'm asexual," he said, his voice hushed. "I thought he was too, but he wasn't. It really sucked and I hate when it turns out to be that way."

"I understand now," I said. "Again, I know it sucks now, but I really do think you'll find someone else that's asexual who's a perfect match for you. How come Hanako doesn't get to know?"

"Because she's really the type to meddle in stuff like that. I don't want more people to disappoint me like Friday. Don't you see what she's doing with you and that guy?" he said.

"I respect that...I certainly wouldn't like that. Thank you for trusting me with this information. I won't tell anyone," I replied. "I can take Hanako's matchmaking for you."

"Thanks."

"If you don't mind me asking, what kind of romantic are you? I mean guessing from Friday's guy I'm guessing not aromantic."

"Yeah. Panromantic," he said. I nodded.

"Well, thank you for telling me. Don't let this stuff get to you," I said. He nodded and the bell rang. I snapped the lid on my empty lunch container, picking up my backpack.

"You're really cool about this."

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"I don't know, my family is pretty expectant of normal. Like my brother," he said.

"I think it's normal. They just must not agree. That's alright though, as long as you find people who agree with and respect you," I said. He nodded, following me to our medical course classroom. "So what are you doing after school?"

"Nothing."

"I'd like to come study with you and Hanako, where will you be? You can come over to my place," I said.

"Sure."

"Cool!" I replied, tugging at my backpack straps. If I was more open and made more plans, then perhaps I'd come off as a better friend. I've been meaning to work on that. We entered the classroom to which Hanako greeted us by saying she found her textbook. Class was boring in comparison to what I imagined USJ was like. Recovery Girl sent us off after the lecture for workbook pages. I sat comfortably, awaiting the end of class. I circled a few things, labeling a diagram of the human body for homework.

"(y/n)?" I glanced up, Recovery Girl calling me up. I stood up, starting towards her desk when she chimed in for me to take my backpack. I supposed it was almost the end of class, in case whatever I was needed for ran past the dismissal bell. She pointed towards the door and I stepped out into the hall. Mic was there, waiting for me.

"What's up?"

"(y/n), villains are attacking USJ," Mic said and I felt my heart drop to my feet.

"What?"

"You can come to the office and then we'll see what's happening," he said. They were attacking...right now? All those students were there...my dad was there. No doubt he would try to protect them. What was I to do? Who knew what my dad was even going through right now. I felt my stomach churn in a sickly way and I felt like I was about to throw up. "Come on kiddo." he placed a hand on the back of my head like my dad usually did. I mumbled to myself, not knowing what to do.

"Dad."

~Caly

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 3.7K 32
UNDER EDITING "I'm no hero..." Something she told herself when she was at her worst and no one would tell her otherwise... This is a fanfic about My...
63K 1.8K 11
[None of them would have guessed their Homeroom teacher is secretly married. To win a bet their teacher set, Class 1-A makes it their mission to figu...
553K 15.5K 20
๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐š ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐, ๐ƒ๐ž๐ง๐ค๐ข, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ซ๐ž๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ž๐ '๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ข๐ง ๐š๐œ๐ญ๏ฟฝ...
727K 20.2K 69
(Y/n) Togata, a now third year, has figured out that that her teasing and joking has been confused for flirting towards her teacher, Shota Aizawa. Sh...