Serendipitous: Louis' Story

By summerintheclouds

It all started when Melina lost her cell phone on the subway and of all people, Louis Tomlinson picked it up... More

Serendipitous: Louis' Story
Blind Date... with Louis?
Aaron with a D
Crashed Date
You!
Here We Go Again
Stolen Date
An Invitation
Louis and his Plans...
Hanas Annual Baseball Game
Roll With It
Outbursts
Country Concerts and Goodbye Kisses
A Little Time For Us
Breakfast, Texts, and Ice Skating
The Chase pt. 1
The Chase pt. 2
Karaoke and Kissing Cams
Paparazzi & Radio Interviews
When Louis Met Kyle
A Good Morning
Trouble
History Collides
Idiota
L- Word
Just Kiss Me
Epilogue pt. I
Epilogue pt. II
21 Kisses pt. 1
21 Kisses pt. 2

Revelations

12.6K 210 33
By summerintheclouds

“You!”

Sapphire orbs widened as a grimace took place on his face.  “Ah, back to that again,” Louis muttered under his breath as he vividly remembered how Melina had tended to call him that when they had first met.  

“I can’t believe you! Louis, you had no right to do that.  It’s a total invasion of a person’s privacy and I’m with you. I’m not the kind to stray! I just, I just.” Melina took a deep breath.  “I have to go Louis, I’ll talk to you later.” She said hanging up before Louis could get a word in edgewise. 

Louis’ mouth was still slightly parted as he waited for his turn to speak but Melina had already hung up.  He immediately went to call her back but it seemed that on the first ring his call was rejected. 

“Crap!” He yelled before covering his face with his hands to groan. 

~~~

Despite the fact that Melina hadn’t been happy with him nor was she taking his phone calls other than to tell him not the time yet and then hang up abruptly.  Exactly the day of his birthday, a package had arrived from Chicago. 

I’m still mad at you but if I see you kiss someone or do anything else reckless and worse during this time just because you’re upset at me for being mad at you for invading my privacy.  I will buy one of your life size cut outs and decapitate it for all of the press that won’t leave me alone to see and take pictures of. 

Happy Birthday Louis

-Melina

Laughing Louis finally opened his present.  Seeing the leaf embellished picture frame, he lightly grazed his hand over the glass that covered the image of him and Melina  in New York when Louis had demanded they take a picture together during the Yankees game. Their first true picture together as a couple.  They’d gotten a random nice parent to take the picture of them leaning towards each other.  Louis resting his chin on Melina’s shoulder, their temples just touching so that Melina’s long auburn hair had tickled his ear. But he had been too happy to care.  He also had his arms wrapped around her in a way that no one could deny the possessive intent.  It had made Melina crane her neck to stare at him while the person taking the picture of them chuckled at "young love".  

Placing the picture down, he opened the second wrapped object only to find that it was a book on how to ice skate for dummies as well as a beginners instructional video.   

Immediately he called Melina’s phone not caring the time it was there.  Not even if it was four in the morning her time. 

Melina had picked up her phone to yell happy birthday and then immediately hung up.  Nonetheless after his last few calls had been ignored, he couldn’t help but grin that she answered and remembered it was his birthday.

~~~

Despite the fact that Melina was not taking his phone calls, still rather mad. When Louis had gone shopping with his sisters last minute, he'd managed to snag a picture with him and Santa Claus.  Not being able to resist, he'd sent it out to his friends, the rest of the band, including Hope  and Melina.  Hope had replied right away with a laugh as did Harry and Liam.   Niall was much too excited asking him what he'd told Santa that he wanted.  Zayn had just responded by saying Hi Louis.  

Melina though had looked at the picture on her phone.  Where Louis was sitting on Santa's lap, an ear to ear grin on his face.  

Peter Pan

She had simply texted him back causing him to laugh and remember ever the more reason why he had pursued her so hard in the first place and even if she was trying her best to ignore him, he wasn't going down.  

So he only called her more, leaving the sweetest messages he could just to rile her up.  Once Harry had been there when he'd left a rather romantic message on her voice mail.  His mate had literally stared at him.  

Melina often responded with yelling at him followed with a groan of frustration before hanging up.  

Those calls despite her lack of affection, sort of made his days because it still meant that no matter what, he was on his mind more than frickin Ethan who liked to visit her cafe twice a week! Even thinking about it pissed him off so much that he would call back just to leave one more sickeningly sweet message.  

~~~

As Christmas came and went, both had exchanged presents once more.  

Louis had actually bought a little something for all of her family, including her brothers.  

Melina had of course scoffed brown noser, her mother scolding her for doing so meanwhile her brothers had absolutely agreed with her.  However they had also mentioned that they didn't mind before they went off to play with the unreleased video games that Louis and the boys had been given by their record label.

 She just rolled her eyes as she placed her own presents down.  One was a double frame with a picture of the two on them on the top and a picture of the group  on the stage that apparently a staff member during the concert had taken.  Louis was on her lap while he interviewed them, the girls on the couch.  She had also been given a pretty dress that his youngest sisters had picked out, just for her,  saying that it would look so pretty on her, when he had been dragged shopping with them. 

~~~

"Hello?" Louis grinned as he answered his phone.  It was a nice change when Melina called him. 

"Hi Louis," Melina sighed as she rolled her eyes at her mother mouthing to her what to say, having made Melina call Louis in front of her to thank him on behalf of all of them.  "I just wanted to wish you a merry christmas and everyone loves their presents." She huffed only for her mother to give her an unimpressed look.  

"Melina Hanas what kind of thank you is that!" She yelled at last no longer able to hold it in.  

Louis' brows rose as he heard Melina's Mum loud and clear.  "Did your Mum make you call me?" He asked.

"Yes," Melina answered as she eyed her mother.  

Louis didn't know whether to sigh at Melina or laugh about her Mum, so he just did a little bit of both.  "Tell your Mum that she's the best." Louis laughed as he heard Melina huff on her end.  "Merry Christmas Melina Hanas." He said softly.  

Melina bit her lip as she gently held the phone to her ear.  Closing her eyes she took a breath.  "You too Louis Tomlinson. Merry Christmas," she smiled at last as she heard Louis laugh very lightly on the other end.  

"Oh and I bought you a gift card for Victoria Secret but its hidden behind the picture. Wasn't sure if you were going to open it infront of your folks or not, cause how awkward would th-"

"Louis Tomlinson!" Melina exclaimed in outrage.  

Louis merely laughed in return.

~~~

“So what are your plans for tomorrow?” Eva tried to casually ask, prodding her best friend for her New Year’s eve plans.

“Ordering Chinese and watching Lifetime movies if any of them are good.” Melina simply answered as she hit reject for her incoming call only for it to begin immediately ringing again.

“Um,” Eva said as she watched Melina ignored Louis’ phone call. “Are you going to get that?”

“No!” Melina replied before she proceeded to raise the incline on her treadmill. 

“Okay,” Eva muttered before upping her incline too.  “You can’t be mad at Louis forever; he told you it was an accident.”

“I know, but I just. I can’t do the no trust thing again.  Rob and I didn’t work out because he didn’t trust me, of course because he was the guilty person and was the one cheating.  So his insecurities and guilt led him to not trust me but I just can’t deal with that right now.  Louis should have told me before I had to find out from Ethan!” She said in between huffs, her steps steady as she stared ahead out the window of their University’s gym.  “Did you see that article that stupid person posted of me!  One second they’re calling me fashionably inept, the second I’m too provocative.  And that was an old picture from when you made me go on that double date with Darren! That Louis crashed!” Melina yelled as she increased the speed of her treadmill. 

“Melina?” Eva said as she also increased the speed on her machine. 

“I mean,” Melina continued to increase the speed.  “Some random girl I didn’t even know told me that I didn’t deserve Louis and I swear she’s not old enough to date!”

Eva actually had to try to hide a laugh as Melina scowled at the memory.  “Well, at least she didn’t think you were the female villain from Twilight like that time we went to volunteer at our old middle school.”

“Please,” Melina scowled.  “Let’s not talk about that.  Those girls refused to call me anything but Victoria and then would giggle incessantly.  I was tempted to start aiming at them not to them.”

“But you and Louis.  You know you can’t blame Louis.  I mean its Ethan.”

“What does that mean?” Melina asked briefly glancing over at her.

Eva raised a brow.  “When it comes to Ethan, you get very starry eyed? Yeah… you just, well let’s just say that when you talked about him, Louis probably noticed something that he didn’t like in your tone.”

“Don’t be ridiculous.   I liked the guy when I was six till I was fifteen. Not to mention that  I never dated him so he couldn’t exactly fall from his pedal of saving my life when I was six.  Of course I’m going to look back fondly at him.  But starry eyed?” Melina scoffed.  “Anyway I just, I think I just want to be mad for a while. Let him squirm.  I didn’t even get the chance to be mad with my whole cell phone debacle the first time around because the guy just had to make me fall in love with-”  Melina stopped herself before she could finish that.  In shock of her own words she had to use the bars on her treadmill to lift herself and stand on the edges, her feet spread so she wasn’t in danger of falling off the machine. 

“Oh my god! You said it!” Eva squealed, hitting the large pause button on her machine quite enthusiastically.  “Oh my god you said the four letter word!”

“No!” Melina tried to protest as she too hit the stop button on her treadmill. 

“Yes you did! And you can’t take it back! Me gusta!” Eva yelled basically cheering as her best friend had just admitted that she was apparently in love with Louis Tomlinson. 

Melina though ignored her as she stared ahead unseeing.  Her hand covering her mouth in shock. 

~~~

Thanks for reading everyone!

Love you all so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 69 11
Harry and Louis Have always been best friends, but when they get into a fight when Harry confesses to Eleanor about him kissing Louis, Louis meets a...
222K 6.3K 28
Wrong Number? Harry is an international superstar along with his band. Louis just and average boy who gets hired as a interviewer for Doncaster Hit...
4.3M 65.8K 56
(Front cover by Sarah_Malik) 'I called you all down here for a reason and a very important reason, so do you swear that what ever happens in this roo...
61.9K 470 22
Justin and Ariella are engaged. Selena and David are together but one day at the beach with new band, One Direction changes all of that. Some helples...