Love, It's An Interesting Thi...

By Doyle02

Jessica has never really fit into her family. Her brother Eustace, has always been the focus in the family. H... More

Just a little note <3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 6

10.9K 278 94
By Doyle02

Caspian's POV

I couldn't sleep.

I couldn't sleep knowing that Jess was not safe. I promised her that I would find her. I missed her.

Even though I haven't known this girl for long... she makes me feel ways that I have never felt. Both good and bad. I love the feeling when she's with me and I hate the feeling when she's not. And when we almost kissed... that wasn't planned but I don't regret it. I do regret not kissing her though.

But I've got to get out of here! I've got to find her. I've got to help Edmund find Lucy too. Oh, and Eustace too.

-----

Jessica's POV

As the guy was leading me to... wherever we were going... a group of hooded figures jumped out and knocked the guy unconscious. I was scared until they took off their hoods. It was Drinian, Reep, and a few other crew members! "Are you alright Lady Jessica?" Reep asks me.

"Yeah, I am now but we need to help the others. I know where Lucy and Eustace are but not where Cas and Ed are." I say with fear in my voice. "We came because we all had a bad feeling that something had happened, I'm glad we came." Drinian tells me. I thank them and I start telling them what I know and all that I've seen. We make it to the dock and they give me water and a little food. Drinian gave me a drop of Lucy's cordial as we knew my injury wouldn't heal for a long time and they needed my help to fight.

We began to make plans about how to rescue everyone tomorrow morning. We figured out our plan and slept for 3 hours that night only to wake up early and prepare everyone for what was to come.

-----

Caspian's POV

I woke up in the morning and immediately went back to what I was doing last night. I continued to try to break down the door. Edmund stirs and shoots up beside me.

"You alright?" I ask him. He nods and I continue to kick the door, trying to get it to budge.

"It's hopeless."

What? Where did that come from?

"You'll never get out..." The voice continues.

"Who's there?" Edmund asks.

"Nobody. Just a voice in my head."

I go over to the corner of the room only to see a face emerge from the pitch-black.

I see his face and it strikes a memory. "Lord Bern." I say.

The Lord seemed shocked that someone recognized him but he then changed his face and spoke up.

"Perhaps once, but I'm no longer deserving of that title." He says.

I look at Edmund with hope and shock on my face.

"Is he one of the seven?" Ed asks. I nod and kneel near the Lord.

He looks up at me with curiosity in his eye.

"Your face... You remind me of a king I once loved well." He says.

I smile. "That man was my father." I tell him with love in my voice.

"Oh, my Lord! Please forgive me!" He starts to get on his knees.

"No, please. Please." I look him in the eye with a smile and help him stand up.

However, a sudden scream comes from outside, and multiple screams followed. I run up to the bars after making sure Lord Bern was steady, Edmund next to me. I see people being dragged to a boat.

"Where are they taking them?" I ask, turning to the Lord for answers.

"Keep watching." He tells me. I turn back and see the boats headed to the ocean, to nowhere in particular.

But suddenly, the clouds change and a green mist appears on the ocean. It surrounds the boat and consumers it. The mist then starts to disappear, taking the boat with it.

"It's a sacrifice." Lord Bern starts.

"Where did they go?" I ask him, wanting to help these people.

"No one knows." He simply states. "The mist was first seen in the East. Reports of fishermen and sailors disappearing out at sea. Entire ships of cargo going missing with no evidence of a wreck. We Lords made a pact to find the source of the mist and destroy it. They each set sail... but none came back..." Lord Bern says with sadness and guilt in his voice.

"You see... if they don't sell you to the slave traders, you're likely to be fed to the mist..." He finishes.

"We have to find Lucy, Eustace, and Jess... before it's too late..." Edmund says. Panic in his voice.

"Who?" Lord Bern asks.

-----

They led us out of the dungeon and started leading us somewhere else.

As we're walking, I suddenly hear the familiar voice of a certain noble mouse.

"I'll take them off your hands! I'll take them all off your hands! For Narnia!" Reep begins the fight.

I see my crewmen reveal themselves under their cloaks and pull out their swords. The buyers and guards start looking around frantically with fear and confusion.

I take my chance while they're distracted and hit the guards with my heavy irons. I push another guy off the edge.

I continue fighting the rest of the guards when Lord Bern throws me the keys to my irons.

I unlock myself and I see the townspeople start to come out of their homes. I see them start to take charge and fight the people who have enslaved them. I see women smashing pots over the slavers' heads and using other objects to fight back. I see men come out with shovels and pitchforks and join the fight.

But as I continue to search the crowd, I see the face that I longed to see. Jessica was in the middle of the fight, fighting with two swords, protecting her family and the Narnians. She looked unharmed and her arm was healed which made me feel a whole lot better. Not to mention, she also looked like she was having the time of her life fighting the slave owners. However, I still need to get to her.

-----

Jessica's POV

The fight is finally over. It was only made possible by the people here though. They were the kerosene to taking down this town, we were just a spark. As the people started to come out of their homes and flood the streets, I looked around for my family and Cas. Fear fills my body every second that they are not in view. I continue searching aimlessly and desperately when I hear a certain voice right behind me.

"Jess..." Cas says. I turn and immediately crush him in a hug. He does not hesitate to hug me back with everything he had. "I was so worried about you... I tried and tried to get to you but-" Cas started but I stopped him. I was still hugging him. I felt safe in his arms.

"Cas, I was safe. Drinian and his men came into town because they felt that something was wrong. They saw me being dragged away and helped me. I went back to the docks with them and we planned our plan of attack for today. I was more worried about you because I didn't know where you were or what they were doing to you or Ed." I say over his shoulder, holding him tighter at the end.

"Nothing happened to me or Ed except a good thing. But look at you, you lead a rescue mission! We found one of the Lords!" Cas says, pulling out of the hug but not out of my arms. "Oh! That's great! Did he say anything that could help us?" I ask. He nods. "We figured out why you and your family were called here. There's a big problem we have to solve." He says, he then talks about the mist and how it's taking people, and the whole sacrifice thing they did here. After he finishes explaining, he looks down at my arm, then back to me with questioning eyes.

"Drinian gave me some of Lucy's cordial. They needed me and I wanted to help." I tell him. "Well, I'm glad you did. You saved us." He tells me. He takes his hand and places it on my back, leading us over to my family. When we reach them, he removes his hand from my back... I already miss it there...

Wait. Stop. You've known this guy for less than a week! Pull yourself together!

(Sorry had to!)

I pull Lucy and Ed into a hug and squeeze them tight. I look at them for any signs of harm but I am relieved when I see nothing. But where's my brother?

-----

We walk through the streets of the town as people cheer for us. I hear someone call from beside us. "Your Majesty! Your Majesty!" He's about to reach Cas before Drinian steps in the way.

"My wife was taken just this morning. My name is Rhince. Please, I beg you, take me with you!" He begs, telling his daughter to stay behind with her aunt. "I'm a fine sailor. Been on the seas my whole life." He pleads.

"Of course, you must." Caspian tells him, patting him on the back. "Thank you, Your Majesty!" He exclaims.

I see him hug his daughter and hand her over to her aunt.

We make it back to the docking station where I see my brother waiting. I quickly rush up to him and hug him tightly, he wraps his arms around me before realizing what he was doing. He pushes me back a second later and then holds out his hand to shake. I laugh at him because he's trying to act all tough but I see right through him. However, my thoughts are interrupted by a voice.

"My King! My King!" A man who I believe to be Lord Bern approaches us.

"This was given to me by your father. I hid it safely in a cave all these years." He says.

"That's an old Narnian sword!" Ed exclaims.

Lord Bern turns to Lucy and Ed. "It's from your Golden Age." He tells them.

He turns back to Caspian. "There are seven such swords, gifts from Aslan to protect Narnia. Your father entrusted them to us. Here, take it. And may it protect you." He holds out the sword to Cas.

He takes it and holds it up. The people cheer and Cas speaks up. "Thank you, my Lord, and we shall find your lost citizens." Cas thanks him.

"Are these the ladies that you spoke of?" He asks pointing to me and Lucy. Cas and Ed nod.

"Well, must I say, it is an honor to meet you both, High Queen Lucy and Lady Jessica." He bows and continues. "These Kings told me great things about you both. Thank you for saving us all in the past and today." He tells us, looking to Lucy for the past and me for today.

"But if I may, I would like to share a quick word with Lady Jessica." He asks the others. I nod and we step aside from prying ears.

"Along with the sword, I also kept this. You will not know what this is but King Caspian will. When you have the time, I would like you to give this to him. He will know what to do with it." He hands me a small tin box. "But I ask that you open it with him, just to make the moment more special." Lord Bern adds. I nod to him with a smile.

"I see that you two are quite fond of each other." He says. I blush and look down. "Love is a blessing from Aslan, and so are you dear." He tells me. "Thank you, I've never been told that I'm a blessing before." I say. "Well you are dear, just ask anyone." He smiles and winks at me before walking off. I hold onto the box and walk back to the docks.

As I arrive, I suddenly see Cas give the sword that Lord Bern gave him to Ed. I smile at this gesture as I know it means a lot to my cousin. Ed holds it up and marvels at it. I walk over to him.

"I can help you clean it up if you want." I offer. "Yeah, maybe you could give me a few dueling tricks while you're at it." Ed says and I laugh. "Sure." I say as we walk back onto the ship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 54 9
[Ongoing] Call to the Old SEQUEL. All hope had been lost between the both of them, they each clung to anything that reminded them of each other. Thei...
120K 3.6K 8
When two of the Pevensie children came to stay at their cousins' house, nobody would have guessed that the visit would have them sailing the seas of...
503K 11.2K 20
After tragedy struck Lauren's life she wished for something better. Could her cousins Lucy and Ed, the magical land of Narnia, an adventure and a han...
155K 3.2K 30
A Reader X Edmund Pevensie FanFic starting in the setting of the film Prince Caspian. This will be an ongoing series! I am open to suggestions and re...