voidless ✔

By avery_aldini

虚 | Completed | "In this world, there are two sides - Reality and your mind's boundary." The sirens of both... More

| 01 | Void 001 | Incident
| 02 | Void 001 | Malfunction
| 03 | Void 000 | Alone
| 04 | Void 000 | Naïveté
| 05 | Void 001 | Liars
| 06 | Void 001 | Talk
| 07 | Void 000 | Home
| 08 | Void 001 | Stop
| 09 | Void 000 | Toshinori
| 10 | Void 000 | Eyes
| 11 | Void 001 | Call
| 13 | Void 000/1 | Sleep
| 14 | Void 000 | Control
| 15 | Void 000 | Doppelganger
| 16 | Void 000 | Cliff
| 17 | Void -001 | Anamnesis
| 18 | Void 001 | Awake
| 00 | Extra Void | Covers

| 12 | Void 000/1 | Enter

677 78 91
By avery_aldini

« CHAPTER TWELVE »

| 7181521144 2651815 | 00:00 | ?
The crystal disappeared from Midoriya's eye, he covered it, trying to stop it from bleeding as he tried to stand up.

"I need to take control of you, Izuku. Then, I can finally get out of here." It declared, sliding the knife across the ground, "I know, it's selfish but when did we ever think of ourself?"

Midoriya knew he has nowhere to run. This whole cavern is its domain, not completely but most of it. He doesn't know whatever quirk this doppelgänger has, but it's better to figure it out than to stay in the dark.

"Don't call us egocentric, that's Kacchan's thing! You're always caring about those stupid friends of yours, they don't even give a damn about you." It snarled, grinning at the thought.

"You don't know that!" Midoriya argued, staring fixedly at his enemy, "Todoroki and the others will find me.. Wait.. Who?"

"Oh right, I forgot about that." It noticed how Midoriya was a little surprised at the mention of friends. It twiddled his knife on its hand, "No problem, you won't get to remember them once you're dead."

Crystals began rapidly aiming at Midoriya as he does his best do avoid, but he keeps ending up getting cuts and bruises. "Oh, and I thank you for fueling your hate. It made me stronger than before, Izuku."

Midoriya's eyes trailed to him, "My hate..?"

"Villains.." It thought, "You unconsciously hate them even if you try to be Mr. Nice Guy.. It ended up helping me after all."

"Stronger?! What do you mean??" The greenette shouted.

"I don't need you to understand anything. I mean, you always did wanted to help people, even if you had no idea, right?"

Inside his head, Midoriya was panicking. He helped it again? Just how much mistakes have he made to get himself killed?! It licked its lips with his eyes glowing bright red, "You're my hero, Izuku!"

Midoriya landed on top of the shrine, "I don't know how I'm this reflexive but it's not too long 'til I freeze to death.. And I'm sure that look-a-like won't stop 'til it kills me.. I need.. I need.." Midoriya looked everywhere and screamed in his mind, he was hit again, this time on his chest.

"Ah, I missed!" It exclaimed, charging itself to Midoriya.

"I need help..!"

« REQUEST TO CONTACT »

• ACCEPTED •

« CONNECTING.. PLEASE WAIT.. »

| January 12 | 5:00 P.M. | Hospital
Almost everyone in Class 1-A invaded the hospital, concern and agitation imprinted on each of their faces. All Might came to accompany them while Aizawa was busy solving the villain case with Detective Tsukauchi.

After getting a call though, Eraser Head eventually said he was on his way. He can't say it out loud, but he was dead worried of his number one Problem Child.

All of them were currently waiting by the hallway. Bakugo was moving back and forth, violently throwing his hands in frustration while others took nervous glances at the door, waiting for someone to barge in with good news.

All Might, however, joined his hands together, praying, hoping, wishing that his successor - whom he felt like his own son - Midoriya, would survive and continue to pursue his dream of becoming a hero.

His black eyes rapidly blinking, his teeth gritted and his whole body trembling at the idea of Midoriya not holding out. All Might was.. afraid.

Todoroki and Iida came afterwards but their Hero Teacher didn't bother asking where they went off to. All eyes were on Midoriya.

The door threw open to show a brooding Doctor. The expression on his face already made the students weary.

"How's Midoriya doing, sir?" Kaminari began, everyone looking patiently.

The doctor sighed, shuffling the papers on his hands, "Apparently, his temperature went down dramatically, he's getting colder for now. We also provided him other medicines to help. His breathing is getting slower than usual as well."

Iida raised his hand, pointing to Ochaco who had not said a word, "Uraraka said something about crying blood. Is there something else wrong, then?"

"We do not know the cause of the blood. He might be doing it subconsciously. It could be a manifestation of his other quirks or something else." The doctor elucidated, his answer leaning more on the second option, "His current state is getting worse and I'm afraid he might not be able to see tomorrow."

Bakugo's pupils narrowed and stomped to the doctor, holding off by the collar, "What the hell do you mean? You said he had two days?!"

"The Quirk Malfunction wore off but his physical state isn't doing so well, it's getting colder as we speak. I can't simply say he'll survive." The doctor explained bluntly, a bit angered at Bakugo's fume.

Just as the ash-blonde was raging in front of the doctor, a hurried woman who had short green hair with a ponytail rushed to where the students are. Her face was full of tears and it can't be mistaken that this was Deku's mom --- Inko Midoriya.

"I got a call from Katsuki, is my baby alright? Please tell me he's alright--!" She quaked, continuously rubbing the water in her eyes.

The entire class frowned at the sight of Midoriya's mom. If she knew the truth, it will all be too hard on her. They all heard Izuku's dad was overseas and that it was just the two of them. If their friend didn't make it, then she'll be left alone.

No one knew what to tell her, they can't exactly just say 'Oh, Deku is going to be fine. He's gonna live.' They can't give her false hope.

The doctor slowly lowered and shook his head, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Midoriya."

Inko's clutched her chest, her sobbing getting a little louder. She looked at the doctor, "Can.. Can I see my baby..?"

The doctor nodded and lead all of them to a navy blue door. The place was a typical hospital room with dull cream colored walls along with a radio, TV and other materials on a desk.

There on top of the bed was Izuku Midoriya, his eyes were closed but blood kept dripping from it. There were IVs, heart monitors and oxygen tanks attached to his pale body. The situation was unsightly.

Inko rushed to her son's aid, holding his hand and embracing it. The coldness of his body frightened her even more.

It felt like what Todoroki and Iida tried to solve were useless. They can't do anything now.. like they did before.

Todoroki grinded his teeth, his hand trembling before he took small glances at everyone, "We can't let him die. Not when he can still has to become a hero."

"Deku will fucking survive..." Bakugo mumbled under his breath, gaining tue attention of everyone who stood in silence, "Don't act like he's gonna die, he has to surpass me first-- like he fucking promised.. he has to survive.. he's... He's gonna-- fucking shit!"

"I don't want to sound like a blue devil but.. I don't think we can even do anything now." Mineta said bluntly, rubbing his neck before Jiro lightly smacked him to stop. "S-Sorry.. I meant--"

"Shut up, damn it.."

« ENTITY CONNECTING..
PLEASE WAIT »

"H-Huh?" The class looked at the television, which was now a black screen with a message highlighted with a white font. "Who turned the T.V. on..?"

Just as Ojiro finished, the screen switched to a blurry video. Seven or eight silhouettes appeared right there, leaving everyone bewildered and straight up creeped out.

"This is no time for jokes everyone." Yaoyorozu stated, pointing to mostly everyone. They shook their head, saying they weren't the ones who opened up the television.

Sero raised his hand, "Whoever did it, I'll just close it.." He took the remote and pressed the off button, nothing happened. He peeked behind the table and saw the TV was already unplugged. "Um, guys..? It's not.. plugged.."

The blur on the screen faded away, showing a fair-skinned woman with a dark ponytailed hair.

There were also other people standing behind her, there was one who looked funky and another with a scar on his eye. There was also one who had Best Jeanist' style of clothing and one had his hair covering his face.

Two figures were still silhouettes while another looks like fire with a face. All of them were all looking at the students with a reassuring smile, trying to tell them everything would be alright.

All Might's jaw dropped at what his eyes were showing him, his knees falling to the floor, "Master..?"

.

.

.

.

.

| Loading Next Chapter
| Chapter Written On - July 19, 2020
| Published On - August 28, 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

830K 32.6K 91
(Continues in books 2 and 3!) (Y/N) Kayama is attending one of the greatest hero schools in the world... UA! The faculty this year consists of a var...
42K 2.6K 48
Izuku Midoriya just wanted to be a hero. Unfortunately for him, life was about to get much more complicated. To protect the people he loved the most...
39.9K 1.2K 12
What can happen on a normal day of patrolling? Well, something very unusual. Izuku Midoriya, like every Monday, was patrolling the city with his cla...
197K 6.5K 53
Midoriya was the class scapegoat due to his lack of a quirk. In the world of quirks, not all men are created equal. When what's left of his dream is...