One Wish (Jinjoo)

By SapphireChou

In which Minjoo made a wish that she will soon regret...or will she? More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Vlive
Chapter 2: Tour Announcement
Chapter 3: The Wish
Chapter 4: Who Am I?
Chapter 5: Please, Wake Up
Chapter 6: Mint Choco
Chapter 7: Everland
Chapter 9: Sleepless Nights
Chapter 10: Lunch Time
Chapter 11: Late Night Out
Chapter 12: D-Day
Chapter 13: Breads, Hospitals, and You
Chapter 14: Movie Night
Chapter 15: The Truth Revealed
Chapter 16: Hidden Feelings
Chapter 17: For the Best
Chapter 18: The Weekend
Chapter 19: Hangout?
Chapter 20: The Return
Chapter 21: Memories
Chapter 22: A Little Trip
Chapter 23: Laughs and Giggles
Chapter 24: She's My Bias
Chapter 25: Where Both Ends Meet
Epilogue

Chapter 8: What Happened?

510 24 1
By SapphireChou

Chaewon's POV

I was seating outside on one of the hospital chairs, waiting for the doctor and Minjoo's mom to finish. They were inside the room, talking about what might have happened to Minjoo. I was patiently waiting outside for them to finish.

I sighed to myself after remembering what happened earlier. Minjoo didn't wake up. I tried everything for her to wake up, but nothing worked. Still, no response from her until we reached the hospital.

As I was about to go into a deep thought again, Yuri came. She sat on the seat next to me. I had my head down, not daring to look at her.

"Hey, I heard what happened to Minjoo. Is she okay now?" She asked. I looked up to see her giving me a sad expression.

"I still don't know Yul. Her mom and the doctor are still inside. I'm not sure yet what might've happened." Yuri nodded in response as she stayed next to me to wait for Minjoo's mom and the doctor to come out.

A few more minutes when they both came out from the room. The doctor bid his goodbye to Minjoo's mom as well as Yuri and I who stood up as they went out the room. We bowed in response.

"Mrs. Kim, what did the doctor say? Is Minjoo going to be fine?" I asked Minjoo's mom who was still shocked of the whole situation.

She sighed before answering, "Yeah, the doctor said she'll be fine. Based from the results, she's in a coma but they still haven't found what caused it. They said she might have hit her head on something or her brain developed an infection although they aren't sure yet."

Hearing this made me sigh as Minjoo's mom added, "Did anything happen last night between the two of you? You were one of the few people who saw Minjoo awake right?"

"I wish I knew what happened but, nothing did. She was looking fine and happy yesterday. Nothing bad happened to her yesterday." I tried to recall the happenings from last night, trying to remember if anything bad happened but I know nothing did. I made sure Minjoo felt nothing but happiness last night, guess I didn't do my job right.

Minjoo's mom nodded before answering, "Okay, I understand."

Yuri stepped in and asked, "Uhm Mrs. Kim, can we go see Minjoo?" Mrs. Kim's eyes widened as she answered, "Oh yes yes, of course." She went out of the way to let Yuri and I in.

Upon entering the said room, I was greeted by a heartbreaking sight. Minjoo was laying down on a hospital bed, wearing a hospital gown with a tube on her mouth to support her breathing. I stopped myself from breaking down on the spot as I didn't want them to see me cry.

"I know it's hard to see Minmin this way but we won't be able to do anything for her right now. All we can do is to stay strong for her and wait for the day she'll wake up." Minjoo's mom said to us. We nodded in response as we went near Minjoo. I sat on the chair next to her bed while Yuri was standing up.

Minjoo's mom cleared her throat. "I have some things to attend to and I'll also need to tell her father about this. Would you mind if you two watch Minjoo for a while?" She asked, hesitating a bit.

"No, not at all." I looked at her as I smiled. Minjoo's mom gave us a small thanks before going on her way.

I looked at Minjoo who was in front of me. I held my hand out to caress her cheek. It was still as soft as ever but it isn't as warm as before. Her body's temperature has changed after being in a coma, making the girl in front of me look lifeless.

My eyes began to water as I let my tears fall. Yuri went to my side as she rubbed my back. "There, there. Let it all out. Everything's going to be okay."

--

Minjoo's POV

What a nice way to be in my own body again. No more members, no more Yujin, just me, myself in my own body. The sunlight was hitting my face as I covered it with a pillow. I wasn't in the mood to wake up just yet so I continued going back to sleep.

As I was about to go further into dream land, I heard a loud knock on the door. "Yah, wake up! We don't have time to waste. Pick up your pace." The voice said.

Oh, no. I know who that voice belonged to and I'm sure that wasn't my mom's. It sounded like...Eunbi unnie?!

I jolted up from bed as I took a good look at my surroundings and myself. "Oh gosh, I'm still Wonyoung. What do I do?" I thought to myself as I hit the pillows in frustration. This was not what I had in mind of how the morning will turn out.

"Wonyoung? You awake yet?" Another voice can be heard. This time it was from Chaeyeon unnie. "Yeah, already up." I said.

I got up and went to the bathroom to ready myself. I stood up for a good minute before realizing something.

"Wait, I can't take a bath as Wonyoung!" I tell myself as I began to mentally panic. "I only washed my face yesterday cause I thought I'll be back in my body today." I was in the verge of crying as I didn't know what to do.

I breathed in and out before finally deciding. "I'll just take a bath with her clothes on. No biggie." I smiled to myself for my "genius" plan.

--

Turns out, it was a bad idea to shower with clothes in. It was hard to put soap on myself, not to mention I wore a long sleeve last night which made it even harder to shower. In the end, I did remove my clothes but I closed my eyes while taking a bath. I tried my best not to look. A few slips here and there but I managed to finish it.

I went out the room to join the others. They were all dressed up while others were still eating. One person was still eating to be exact, Kang Hyewon.

"There you are." Eunbi unnie popped up beside me. "Eat your breakfast now. We'll soon be on our way." She tells me as she went inside her room again to finish her make up.

I nodded in response and went near the table to eat breakfast. I made sure to eat a lot knowing it was gonna be a long day.

--

After breakfast, we went to attend a schedule. I didn't know where we were going at first and tried to ask them where we'll go. After being scolded for forgetting the schedule, I finally knew we were going to the company to practice for the concert. Today was the day So Curious was going to rehearse for their concert.

We arrived at the company as I looked at it in awe. I couldn't even imagine that one day I'll be able to see it in person. I've only seen it in pictures and videos on the internet and right now, I'm standing in front of it.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go in." Yena unnie said when she saw me staring at the building. "Oh, right."

We used the stairs to go to the practice room. After reaching the third floor, the practice room can be seen. We entered the room and saw a girl dancing in the middle of the wide space.

She clapped her hands together before coming near us. "Girls, you're finally here. Shall we get started?" She asked, wiping the sweat from her forehead.

We started the rehearsals by stretching. It was sure hard stretching for me because I don't do stretching a lot. Good thing I do basic stretches every night that made me catch up to them. And surprisingly, Wonyoung was very flexible that helped me a lot in stretching.

A few minutes after stretching, the girl whom I've learned was their instructor started to play O' My!

"Positions. Go to your positions. We'll start rehearsing now." She said in a loud voice to get our attention. My eyes widened in surprise. We were actually going to dance? By we, I meant I am going to dance?

I began to mentally panic again, thinking what I could do at this situation. There wasn't any option at that time but to dance.

I breathed in and out before going to Wonyoung's position. As a fan, I know where all the members are positioned and their steps for the dance. There was one problem though, I tend to watch fancams of Yujin which means I know how to dance her part better than the others especially Wonyoung's. But there was nothing I could. My only option was to try dancing her part. I mean, it wouldn't hurt to try right?

--

Again, I retract my previous statement. It did hurt to try. I kept on getting the steps wrong throughout the song. The instructor kept on calling me out for getting wrong in Wonyoung's part. I couldn't blame her since I really didn't know how her parts should go. We kept on repeating the song over and over again until I finally got it, with the help of Chaeyeon unnie of course. On a brighter note I did sang Wonyoung's line which was an improvement.

The instructor finally gave us a 30 minute break, for finishing a single song under 20 minutes.

I've never felt this tired since being punished by our coach for not finishing 50 push-ups. She ended up giving me 150 push-ups, which I needed to finish before the period ends. The tiredness I'm feeling right now took me to that exact moment.

I grabbed the water bottle that was given to us earlier, taking a drink from it. Now that I've thought about it, what could my body be doing? Is Wonyoung there living her life as me the same way I'm living hers?

I grabbed Wonyoung's phone from my bag to check something. It opened through her fingerprint which was easier for me since I didn't know her password. Don't worry, I didn't check her messages and private stuff in her phone. I just used it to open twitter, to check if I was mentioned in some posts or any updates I have on myself. I visited my personal account since it was the account that gets tagged mostly by my friends.

My account was now visible right in front of me. Nothing much can be seen but my last post about last night, about how Chaewon cheered me up. I started checking more updates on myself as I heard a voice behind me said, "Ooh, what are you looking at?"

I jumped upon hearing the voice as I kept the phone behind my back. "N-nothing." I answered back.

"I saw a girl's picture. Was our Wonnie stalking someone?" Yujin tried to tease me while wiggling her eyebrows. My eyes widened at her statement. "No, no. I was just checking a friend's account. Seeing if she had any updates."

"Hmm, let me see." Yujin said. I sighed, knowing there was no way out of this. I gave her the phone as she scrolled through my account. "How come you've never mentioned her to us?" She asked, looking at me.

"I uhh...it's because...I've just heard from her last night a-and we haven't talked that much before until she messaged me."

Yujin nodded her head in understanding. "I see." She began to look at the phone once more. "She looks pretty. Hope we'll get to see her in person next time." She said giving the phone back to me not before patting my head.

I felt heat rise up to my cheeks at what she said. Did she just call me pretty?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 2K 26
-α΄€ 2α΄‹Ιͺᴍ α΄€α΄œ- "𝒀𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 π’”π’‰π’π’„π’Œπ’†π’…." "𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 π’Œπ’π’π’˜." --- Chaewon having some issues and Minjoo's there adding the pain. [Compl...
43.4K 1.8K 38
i promise this isnt some cringe vampire au i just couldnt think of any other title > completed
100K 3.7K 57
[COMPLETED] "I need you to be happy, you need me to be happy"
35.5K 1.4K 37
[COMPLETED] "You are worthy, I believe in you and you're special to me" Minju, an actress but also a student. She is very conscious about herself. Sh...