CONFLICTED

By SIR__JAY

Wattpad featured✓ AmbassadorsNG reading list✓ CONFLICTED: Life is hard enough and for Christopher, it just g... More

•Prologue•
Chapter 1| Newbie
Chapter 2| Mysterious
Chapter 3| Happiness
Chapter 4| House party
Chapter 5| People change
Chapter 6| Anger issues
Chapter 7| PTSD
Chapter 9| Contract
Chapter 10| Chemistry
Chapter 11| Exam week
Chapter 12| Ex
Chapter 13| Hypocrite
Chapter 14| Bet
Chapter 15| Crush
Chapter 16| Bad news
Chapter 17| Relay race
Chapter 18| Capiche
Chapter 19| Painting
Chapter 20| Ella's kiss
Chapter 21| Zombie
Chapter 22| Run
Chapter 23| Suspended
Chapter 24| BRT
Chapter 25| Valentine
Chapter 26| Suicide
Chapter 27| Mad Tracy
Chapter 28| Goosebumps
Chapter 29| Jerk
Chapter 30| Ride home
Chapter 31| First impression
Chapter 32| Tomboy
Chapter 33| Panic attack
Chapter 34| Sleepover
Chapter 35| Ice cream store
Chapter 36| Resolution
Chapter 37| T or D
Chapter 38| Disaster
Chapter 39| Hard to get
Chapter 40| Lavender
Chapter 41| Bonkers
Chapter 42| Revenge
Chapter 43| Snake plant
Chapter 44| Slytherin
Chapter 45| Home alone
Chapter 46| Feelings
Chapter 47| Jealous
Chapter 48| Wedding
Chapter 49| Friend zone
Chapter 50| Third wheel
Chapter 51| Bonhomie
Chapter 52| Fanboy
Chapter 53| Soulmate
Chapter 54| Second choice
Chapter 55| Confession
Chapter 56| Mob
Chapter 57| Letter
Chapter 58| Mikasa's crib
Chapter 59| Squirt
Chapter 60| Trust
•Epilogue•
Sequel!!!
🅡🅐🅝🅓🅞🅜
🅑🅞🅝🅤🅢 🅒🅗🅐🅟🅣🅔🅡

Chapter 8| Lovesick

187 34 51
By SIR__JAY

Chapter 8: Lovesick

The next days met me in a good mood. My father was still formal when addressing me but he was becoming more friendly. Just yesterday, we watched basketball together and it was the best father-to-son bond that had ever existed between us. Even granny was happy with the new slight change.

Yesterday was independence day so there was no school. Today however, was a 'back to school' day after the short break.

Annabelle and I got a bit closer since last week and I just wished we had more time to talk and hang out. But we only saw each other during school sessions and we never met after closing hours.

We were having Mrs. Dorcas biology class now and Anna was not here even though she belonged here. Ten minutes into the lecture, the door opened and Anna finally stepped in.

"And why are you just coming?" the teacher inquired sharply.

"She is so in for it." Daniella silently mocked a seat row ahead of me.

such a bitch.

Daniella continued to act friendly towards me even though she wanted us to be more and when she saw Anna with me a couple of times, she took her as her rival.

I was in the middle bench row this lecture as I couldn't get a front seat since I got to class after many front row benchers. It was devastating that we didn't follow a system of choosing a permanent seat.

I actually pitied Anna right now. If she didn't have a good excuse, her sorry butt was going bye bye to the principal's office. Mrs. Dorcas was one strict teacher when it came to homework, punctuality and test.

"The V.P asked me to show a fresher to the bookshop during lunch break and it took a while before I could get back here." she explained.

Mrs. Dorcas simply nodded and told her to take a seat.

huh.

She really took Anna's word for it. That was rare. Anna being a top student must've helped.

Anna sighed in relief but made a disgusted face as she approached the back seats.

better luck next time.

The lecture promptly continued but not long, I heard whisperings behind me and when I glanced back, I saw that it came from Anna and Timothy's bench. Gripping my pen in anger, I listened and watched as Tim tried so hard to woo her. The latter was not liking the situation either.

Timothy, as I'd come to know, was the proprietor's adopted son. He was one spoilt kid who went about bullying juniors and forcing girls on him. The teachers overlooked his rude behavior most times, that's if they didn't want to get fired of course but he was becoming an intolerable rascal.

He loved to act like his hair was his life too, as he went about with a comb stuck in his thick hair and had two other students act like his bodyguards or to be specific, the devil's posse.

"How about we talk it out tonight? I'll be at your dorm by eight." Tim whispered with an obvious innuendo.

"You better stay the hell away from me Timothy or I'll shove your dick right into your asshole myself." Anna threatened.

To be honest, I tensed a bit at the intensity of her tone even though the threat was not directed at me.

Mrs. Dorcas, oblivious of Tim's act, stood by the electronic interactive board as she explained today's topic.

"We'll see about that Angel." Timothy retorted and snaked his hand up her skirt.

My eyes widened at the gesture and I was about to report him to the teacher when Anna did the unexpected. She was just as furious as I was and without hesitation, her hand flew across Tim's face.

I was sure the slap resounded across the room because everyone's head turned to them.

"What was that?" Mrs. Dorcas barked.

"You bastard!"

"Mind your language in my class, Miss Johnson." Mrs. Dorcas snapped.

"He started it!" she squeaked, heaving out her anger.

Mrs. Dorcas sighed and walked up to Anna who was already up on her feet and glaring daggers at Tim.

Timothy on the other hand kept on smiling to himself and I wished I was a little closer so I could wipe the cocky grin off his face with a punch.

"Now how many times will I sound it to your ears to stop physically abusing your mates, Anna? Such disrespect you have there for me, doing such a despicable act while I'm still in the class!" the teacher scorned.

"But...but..." Anna stuttered.

"Might as well but your way to the staff room. Now!"

Anna darted another furious glance at Timothy before she walked out of the class.

"And you too young man. I've had enough of your stunts in my class and I'm reporting you to the principal after this period."

Timothy seemed unfazed as he found his way out as well.

By now, pure anger had risen from the pit of my stomach and clogged in my head.

"Ma, it wasn't Anne's fault. I saw him-" she cut me right off.

"Forget what you saw and focus on what I'm teaching."

And with that, she resumed her lecture. While I just sat there, resuming my anger.

~~~

The class periods that followed were filled with gossips of Anna's action and the consecutive teachers had to shush us severally when the chatter disturbed their lecture. Even Tunde, the most quiet kid, had something to say. And most of the gossips were against her as they tagged her bitch, proud and hostile.

Just then I realized what Anna meant when she said what she said at the house party. It was a Wednesday, so when the closing buzzer buzzed round the school, I bounced off to the basketball court. I met three guys there already except some other people who hung around to relax and watch.

After an hour of bouncing, snatching, passing, dribbling and throwing the ball around the court and into the net, the others decided to call it a day.

"Good sport. See you tomorrow bruh." Richard said as he trotted off with two others, probably back to their dorm.

"Yeah, later Richie." Again, I hoped he heard. The dude always barely waited for me to speak before walking away.

Since I wasn't ready to call it a day, I picked up my blazer from the floor where I dropped it earlier on to wipe my brows and then drank some water before bouncing the ball around the court once again.

I had chosen basketball as the club to join because I was tall and I had good aim. I chose to play it now because I wanted to cool off my inner rage.

The moment I threw the ball into the net, I heard someone cheer behind me.

"Nice shot!"

Annabelle approached me in a different fit from what she wore during school hours. Well, it turned out she was a boarding student here since she resided in Lagos which was a couple of miles away. She had on a flared tartan skirt beneath a white top that had Picture This printed across the front, and she looked adorably cute in it with her hair held up in a ponytail.

I on the other hand was still in my white shirt, my red tie hanging loose around my collar and a pair of gray pants with my red converses to go.

"Thanks. Wanna give it a shot?" I asked, bouncing the ball with a daring smirk on.

"No can do." she replied raising her two hands up in objection.

"Come on. Just give it a try." I insisted.

She mouthed a silent fine and collected the ball from me, her soft hands brushing mine in the process, and then bounced the ball off the ground twice before throwing it. The ball hit the net with a smack and went right through it.

"Wow, not bad. We could really use an additional player."

She scoffed. "Oh please, I'm a girl."

"What!? No... Come on, I don't discriminate."

She smiled with a thoughtful nod. "Thanks for the invite but basketball isn't really my thing."

I shrugged and muttered an okay.

I wanted to bring up the drama that occurred earlier but immediately dismissed it. I had a feeling she didn't want to talk about it.

~~~

Annabelle

After a while of playing basketball with Christopher around the court situated at the back of the school, we took a break. Looking up, I watched him drink water from his bottle and I envied the water.

These past few days with Christopher have been a completely different story for me. He was gorgeous, brilliant and friendly and somehow, I found myself crushing on him.

I didn't know if I liked him because he was partly white too or because of his charming character, but I knew I couldn't help the attraction I felt towards him. I found myself longing for his handsome physique to appear in school and then stole glances at him when he wasn't looking. I never thought I'd be part of those girls that drooled over a guy and tried to get his attention but here I was doing just that.

A guy was attractive when he was cute and some guys were found attractive when they had the brains. It was a different story for him. To most girls, he had it all.

I watched my juniors and mates drop their books before him on purpose in the hallways and then rolled my eyes when they blushed as Christopher helped them pick it up. I didn't understand where they got the idea that dropping books in the hallways led to a chain of love reaction. If you ask me, I'd say they've been watching too many movies.

Desperate bitches. But then, who was I kidding. I was one of them.

"So, which course are you going for after this hell hole?" I asked him.

"Medicine." he simply replied with a faraway look.

"Here in Nigeria?"

"I don't know." he shrugged, "It depends on my father. What about you?"

My heart sank. I really wanted to go back home. Not home here, but home in abroad where I was born and brought up before my mom brought me down here and things went topsy turvy.

"I'm not sure either. Though, I'd like to spend my college days over there." I replied.

"What's stopping you?"

I debated on telling him or keeping it to myself but I decided to hell with it. He had confided in me also.

"I don't live with my parents. I'm quite comfortable where I'm staying in Lagos with my aunt but I can't be selfish enough to ask more of her."

"Oh... I see." he drawled out, unsurely.

I looked up at the clear sky following the earlier drizzle and closed my eyes as I drew in the fresh air into my lungs. Oh wait, I inhaled his cologne too.

damn, I love his scent.

My heart began to palpitate when his shoulder brushed mine and warm blood rushed to my face.

"Are you blushing right now?" he asked after probably noticing my flaming cheeks.

gosh.

This was what happened when I decided to behave like a lovesick teenager. Talk of hormones...

Vote and comment♡.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.6K 12.6K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
34K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
32.7K 4.6K 36
"Nimi, a frustrated church girl, encounters her biggest temptation yet when she lands herself in the arms of Lagos' most eligible bachelor..." Nimi i...
14.4K 2.3K 39
PUBLISHED BY PABPUB! ✨ Amarachi prides herself on having a well-structured life but after she's thrown together with the fascinating new boy at scho...