THE DEMON'S PROMISED✓

Від Andrea_is_here

Formerly known as Kisses From A Demon Started: 17th, July 2020. Ended: 7th, October 2020. Aurora Russel, a hu... Більше

INTRODUCTION.
Prologue:
Chapter 02: Welcome to Dapphion
chapter 03: Demon's horse
Chapter 04: Pain
Chapter 05: Trainer Kenji
Chapter 06: Trainer's Kiss
Chapter 07: Escape fail
Chapter 08: Tartarus' Tears
Chapter 09: Trainer's End?
Chapter 10: Drunk Lord
Chapter 11: Estratos
Chapter 12:Dinner Nightmare
Chapter 13: Locked
Chapter 14: The Talk
Chapter 15: The Dreams
Chapter 16: The Dance (1)
Chapter 17: The Dance (2)
Chapter 18:The Amulet
Chapter 19:Marked
Chapter 20: Reunited
Chapter 21: Visited
Chapter 22: Rejecting the mark
Chapter 23: Goodbye
Chapter 24: Almost back to Normal
Chapter 25: Dates and Confessions
Chapter 26: Isabelle's birthday
Chapter 27:Wooden home
Chapter 28: Demon-Apocalypse
Chapter 29:Demon-apocalypse (2)
Chapter 30: Queen Aurora
Chapter 31: Daria
Chapter 32: Kassandra
Chapter 33: Gone
Chapter 34: Glass Coffin
Chapter 35: Epilogue

Chapter 01: Happy Twentieth Birthday

1.2K 148 306
Від Andrea_is_here

Twenty years later.

"Rory!"

"AURORA RUSSEL!"

There's just something about my name that makes me feel powerful, and strong—like it was my name, my identity, it was something nobody could steal from me.

"COMING MOTHER!" I scream knowing fully well that the birds on the trees near my room would have flown away at my loud voice.

I walk down the stairs to see my siblings and parents sitting waiting for me before they could eat, "Did I mention how much I love my name?" I ask as I take my seat, Isabelle, my sister rolls her eyes and I raise an eyebrow at the twelve-year-old daring her to complain.

"I think you have, sweetie," my mother chuckles.

I was told, that when my mother had me it was like a new dawn for them. A Hunter and huntress, they had been through a lot of trials, both losing people really dear to them.

It got to a point where they thought they couldn't be together because the mirrored world was always going to come together, one time mother thought she couldn't even bore any children.

But by some miracle they had me, and as if by magic their problems began to fade away—hell they didn't give me my name till after three weeks because they actually considered dumping me at an orphanage.

Yes, they told me the truth about my birth. My parent wasn't one to hide something from me.

"I don't see the big deal. I mean Aurora? Bleh," Isabelle sticks out her tongue showing me she chewed up food and I grimaced.

"You're just jealous you're not named after a princess," I fake a pout.

My sister only shrugs, "That's okay with me. I'd just end up being the first Princess Isabelle."

She was the queen of comebacks, with no further interest in conversing with the brat I face my food when a sudden smile makes way to my face.

With a wagged eyebrow I speak, "My twentieth birthday is tomorrow!" Instantly a tense silence passes between my parents, I drop my fork catching the attention of Ernest, my younger brother, who is adopted.

I know it gets to him sometimes despite being just twelve years old, he once told me feels left out sometimes but being adopted didn't matter to me or anyone in my family.

"Why are you guys always acting weird when I mention my birthday?" I ask with crossed arms as I relax in my chair, my appetite was suddenly gone.

This isn't the first time they are acting weird whenever I bring up the discussion of my twentieth birthday, it was like they are dreading something.

"Are you guys worried I'd move out?"

My mom freezes and my dad places a hand over hers to calm her down, I grow worried when I see tears gather at the corner of her eyes.

"Of course, we are...excited about your birthday, but enough talk about birthdays let's have our breakfast." Dad points at our half-eaten meal, Isabelle is almost done with hers and Earnest looks like he was eating hurriedly just so he could go watch his favorite TV show or go play with the neighbor kids, whatever.

I nod, "Okay, but this isn't the end of this discussion I'm just letting it go now because I'm trying to protect my mental health," I point a fork at them both and they force a smile. "Oh! A friend of mine is hosting a Halloween party tomorrow and you cannot say no because in a way the party could be considered a birthday party for yours truly." I say with a smile on my lips, that smile almost disappears when it looked like my dad was about to protest but my mom sends him a look that makes him slump in his seat.

"You have to be home by eleven Aurora." He says sternly and I frown.

"Parties are always hot by then dad! Any time before then could be called a class session!" Then I quickly added, "Besides, twenty dad! I'll be twenty!"

"That's the deal, 11 pm or none!"

"Or you could just sit at home." Isabelle chirps before bringing her juice to her lips. I ignore her and nod at my dad.

When I finished my breakfast I went to my room to call my friends informing them I'd be going to the party, thankfully.

My room has pale pink walls with a grey contrast, a double bed, and a connected bathroom.

"Flora, I'm going to the party!" I say excitedly, to my friend through a video call.

"I thought you said your parents wouldn't let you," she replies, brushing her pink hair.

"Well, they did. It's a good thing I have an outfit ready," she nods in agreement with me.

The rest of the day was spent in my room chatting with my friends who wished me an early birthday.

Now it's nighttime and we are watching a movie. "I'm going trick or treating tomorrow with Ernest and my friends," Isabelle announces,

"Dad she's too young" I tease.

"I'm twelve!" She yells at me.

"It's okay, Izzy. You can go, as long as you don't go too far" dad placates her. Isabelle sticks her tongue out and I do the same.

"Do you have your outfit ready?" my mom asks after an hour of watching... I don't even know the title...

"yes" I nod. I refuse to tell her what I'm going on, she will think it's inappropriate.

"Who are you going as?" She questions excitedly. "Uh......" She looks so happy, and she hasn't looked this happy in the last few days, I don't have the heart to refuse her.

"First of all, you have no right to complain about my outfit" I warn, and she nods slowly.

"I'm going as Harley Quinn" I grin, the smile on her face vanishes and is replaced with a scowl. "I'm twenty!" I say, and she grows quiet with my dad. Again with the worried faces..! This is becoming too much, I really need to clear this issue after my birthday, I decide.

I feel Harley Quinn describes me best, no, I'm not as crazy as she was but in a way, Harley was a hunter and I'm too—well a hunter in training, I have never been to actual missions which is one of the other things I'm looking forward to when I'm twenty, I would finally be able to go on missions with other hunters.

I hope to receive my weapon too-Oh, how wonderful level twenty will be for me.

The next morning, I woke up to see my entire family singing a birthday song to me.

"Thank you guys" I pout and hug them.

"Breakfast is ready," My mom announces and I let them go so I can bath and dress up, my phone chimes signaling a message has been delivered.

Flora: Happy birthday bitch! 🎉

Hollie: Happy birthday!🎈. Don't forget to pick me up today!

I get many messages greeting me happy birthday to which I reply thanks.

I walk downstairs wearing a hoodie and shorts. Breakfast was ready and everyone sat patiently, waiting for me. Today even Isabelle, who usually glares, has a smile on her face.

I sink my teeth into the cinnamon rolls and smile in delight, I love Cinnamon rolls! My mom must have made them as a birthday breakfast for me. I thank her and continue relishing the sweetness.

Suddenly I feel slight discomfort on my wrist which makes me drop my fork, "Ow!" I see the birthmark on my wrist turn a bright red like there's a fire underneath trying to burst open my skin, "Aah!" I grasp my wrist and instantly my parents are by my side. "Why does it hurt?" I ask with shaking my wrist.

Slowly I feel the pain disappear and the color return to normal, it's like It didn't just bring me immense pain I stare up to see my mom shaking her head softly.

"No, Rick." She looks up to my dad who wears the same expression, I look between my siblings in confusion and I'm grateful at least they share the same expression as me. "Ahem, let's just have our breakfast. Yeah?" And that was the end of the weird moment neither of us said anything about it.

Okay, I didn't say anything about it but my parents? They did, they said many with their eyes only to each other at least, and like always I shrugged it off because I refused to let it meddle with my birthday.

After breakfast, we go our separate ways. I go to my room, and Bella goes along with Ernest, to do what Twelve years old do.

I chatted with my friends till it was time for me to get ready. Yeah, that's how long I chat with my friends. I pack my outfit in a bag and pick up my truck keys.

"Bye mom, bye Dad!" I kiss their cheeks,

"Be home by—"

"11 pm. I know!" I smile at my dad.

I get to Hollie's, take out my bag and knock on her door,l. She yanks me in and slams the door

"It's my birthday and you're being violent with me," I say in a fake tired voice.

"I wished you a happy birthday, now let's get you ready!" She squeals, making me laugh.

60 minutes and 35 seconds later I look like Harley Quinn's clone. Hollie is dressed as Raven from the teen Titans.

"Hollie, don't you feel we're a bit old to be playing dress-up?" I ask swirling in front of the mirror, my friend raises her eyebrow.

"I didn't get to enjoy this as a kid because my parent carried me everywhere when they had missions—fuck anyone that says I can't enjoy this as an adult!" Her parents are also hunters like mine and I smile at her understanding of the struggles she went through.

"Is Blake going as the joker?" she asks after she pulls her hood on.

"Of course not, he's not going to be the joker to my Harley Quinn" I scoff. She is talking about my boyfriend or as I prefer to call him, my rebound juice.

"You should just break up with him, aren't you over you know who" she points out. He whose name shall not be mentioned still has my heart and I don't think I'll ever have it back.

"We're here" I choose to ignore her question. We step out of the car and see red cups everywhere, and people groping each other. Everyone I pass wishes me a happy birthday and I give them a smile in reply.

"Hey, Rory, is that bat real?!" Tom, the school's fuck boy asks.

"Wanna find out" I lift it, smirking. He raises his hands quickly,

"You don't always have to be violent"

Half through the party we are playing truth or dare. Honestly, we often acted like kids, but most of us are hunters' kids meaning we didn't get the chance to enjoy this as kids.

"I dare you to kiss Tom for three minutes—and no touching!" We are definitely acting like kids.

After the dumb dare, I excused myself, after I peed,  While I'm washing my hands the lights go off. I snap my head to the mirror as I see a reflection of two big horns. Shocked, I turn back, but I see nothing there. When I face the mirror, the reflection is still there. Panicking, I run out to where all my classmates are.

"Who turned off the lights?" I ask,

"What are you talking about, Rory?" Hollie questions.

"I went to the bathroom just now and the lights went off, then I saw the reflection of horns, who the hell is playing games with me?!" I'm getting angry and maybe a little bit scared.

"It's 10:49 pm, maybe you should go home. You need to sleep it off" I nod in agreement with her, perhaps I'm seeing things.

With a still slightly frightened head I entered my car and drove home, on my way I begin to notice dark clouds covering the bright light of the moon my grip on my steering wheel tightened a bit, and my foot instantly pressed on the brake when I see the same horns as the one in the bathroom except this time they sat on someone—they didn't have a face and I get out the car to yell at the fucker that is playing a Halloween prank on me.

No one, no one was there when I got out, no horns, nobody.

I'm hallucinating? I question myself then I entered my car back, thankfully the ride home was not interrupted anymore by my hallucination.

I opened the door and almost scream, my back instantly pressed against the wall at the sight before me.

A really huge creature with horns with dark onyx eyes and red firey skin stands in the middle of the living room, my mom has tears rolling her eyes and my dad seems to be speaking to the demon.

Just then Isabelle runs to me hugging my waist, I assume Ernest is still with the neighbor and I couldn't be more grateful I didn't want my brother to have nightmares because of this creature.

"Hello." The creature says to me waving his claws at me with something I should say is a smile but instead comes out as a snarl, my mom casts her eyes to mine.

"Run Aurora!" She screams and I listen, I pull Isabelle with me ready to run but instantly I feel cold metal-like nails wrap around my wrist pulling me back, Isabelle's tiny arms tightened around my wrist.

"Bad choice!" He snarls at both me and my mom, she jumps a bit.

For the first time, I see tears drop from my dad's eyes. My heart drops.

"What's happening?" I ask trying to wiggle from the demon's grasp, "I'm a hunter in training you better let me go or I'm going to destroy you!" I warn.

He chuckles before turning serious. "I'm taking her, if anyone tries to stop me they'll pay with their life!"

Just then I felt a whoosh of air and I looked to the top of the stairs to see a blue ray of light coming from the ground.

A portal, I begin to protest, I don't remember Isabelle is still holding on to me and the creature seems to have pulled her along to the top of the stairs only noticing her when he is about to enter.

The last thing I see is my sister rolling down the stairs before everything goes engulfed by the darkness.

━━━━━━━༺۵༻━━━━━━━

The first chapter!
Please vote and leave comments.
Have a nice day/ night.
🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

When Kings Fall Від AJ

Перевертні

291K 17.2K 20
My eyes open again when he pulls his thumb out of my mouth. I was staring at Thaddeus, wondering if he felt what I had felt. His gaze gave him away...
383 24 23
Monsters? Check Werewolves? Check Vampires? Check Impending doom and annihilation of the human race? Double check For Aiyanna, her world changed the...
1.5M 42.6K 48
1st in hell as of June 23 2018 & July 2 2020 1st in demon as of August 24 2018 1st in forever as of June 12 2019 1st in fantasy-romance as of June 2...
Illuminating the Dark Prince Від Datura Moon

Паранормальні явища

263K 12.4K 52
"What's a kiss?" He asked in my right ear, sending a shiver up my spine. "What's a kiss?" He was suddenly on my left. "What's a kiss." I heard from a...