The Mysterious Boy || BTS (Ji...

By EcstaticAce

Jungkook is part of a futuristic world, where VR (Virtual Reality) games are normal and played often. Lately... More

The Mysterious Boy
The Lake
New Player: Yoongi
Returning Player: Namjoon
Game Announcement
Regret
Misunderstanding
Healing
Trip: Day 1
Pounce
Reunion
Memory
Gone
Broken
Shall We?
Remember
Free
Forever Mine

Fight

117 9 53
By EcstaticAce

A/N

Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a hot minute since an update! I've been doing some editing and lost track of time. Hope y'all like the chapter!

--------------------------------------

Jungkook had finished another long day at work, quickly sighing as he clocked out. He slowly walked out to his car, putting the keys into the ignition. It wasn't long before his mind wandered, his thoughts clouded by a certain boy.

What do I do? Can I really just ignore him? Can I really just ignore Jimin until my feelings go away? It's just ... it's too dangerous. I don't want his secret to be revealed, and if people figure out I'm the only player that knows it, I'm sure to be bombarded and harassed. It's not safe for either of us. But ... is this really the only way?

Jungkook quickly reached his house, placing his car in park. The nice thing about his drive to and from work was that it was fairly quick, usually allowing him to play Mikrokosmos as soon as he could. Although, now, he walked into his house and stopped. He saw the console in the room to his right, staring at it as if he was automatically drawn to it.

He hasn't missed a day playing the game since he started playing it, except one time when he went on a weekend trip with Taehyung. Every couple seconds, he took one step closer to the console before questioning if playing the game was the right move. He felt as if he was in a deadlock.

"Jimin will know something's up if I don't show up. Just ... stop. You can't see him. Just ... forget about him."

Even muttering those words caused Jungkook's heart to ache. He gripped his chest with his right hand directly over his heart, as if gripping the clothing would soften the blow of having to let go of the boy. No matter how long Jungkook thought, he couldn't think of a way to protect Jimin and his secret while still being with him. It just wasn't possible.

"I guess ... I'll just hang out in Mikrokosmos for a while. Maybe I'll just go to my house and sleep. Or maybe I'll see someone I haven't seen for a couple weeks. We'll have to see."

Even though Jungkook's thoughts told him that playing the game at all was risky and a bad decision, he couldn't help the urge to play. On one hand, he was hoping to see Jimin one last time, but on the other hand, he was hoping the boy would stay as far away from him as possible.

Jungkook walked to his console, picking up the headset that he always placed next to it. He moved to the middle of the room after being sure none of the furniture would be in his way. After a long sigh, he placed the headset on and prepared himself to enter Mikrokosmos.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook has landed in a wooded area but one he was unfamiliar with. He had a feeling that he had been in these woods before, but he couldn't put his finger on it. All he knew was that these weren't the woods directly outside his house.

"Why was I dropped off here? What is this place? Have I been to these woods before?"

Jungkook looked around for a couple seconds before sighing. He placed his right hand behind his head as he looked up at the sky, the sun shining brightly. Birds were chirping loudly, and the wind created a nice breeze on the warm day. Even though Jungkook's mind had been occupied with negative thoughts since the last time he played, this scenery truly brought him peace.

"The game must have known I needed this."

He smiled brightly, relaxing all the muscles in his body and breathing slowly as his eyes closed. After a minute or so, he opened his eyes back to the sky. Just as he was about to walk forward, he heard the bushes rustle behind him. Even though this was a game, there were still other things in the game that could kill you: Wild animals, car accidents, and anything that could injure you in real life. However, if you died in the game, you could always come back the next day, so it was significantly less risky than in real life. Even so, Jungkook's muscles tensed as the rustling became louder.

He started stepping backwards cautiously, unsure if a wild animal was preparing to attack him or not. He found a stick a couple feet to his left, quickly moving to grab it. He held it out in front of him, as if warning the thing coming his way. Jungkook was quickly thinking of escape routes.

Maybe if I just run, I can get away. Are you kidding? You don't even know this forest. Maybe if it was the one by your house that would be an option. But here? That animal will surely attack you when you're not looking. Just ... just breathe. Just back away slowly and make yourself look big.

Jungkook hadn't realized that he was backing up to the edge of a cliff, the edge about twenty feet to the closest ground. He was sure to be injured if he fell from that height, but he hadn't even noticed the cliff was there, his eyes focused on the leaves and bushes that continued to become even louder than before. Jungkook could tell the movement was extremely close.

He took one more step backwards, his foot slipping off the cliff as he lost his balance. He let out a surprised scream, only now realizing that his life was in danger. He quickly moved his torso to try and grip at the ledge. His right hand missed the ledge, but his left hand had a weak grip on it. He had a quick sigh of relief before trying to swing his right hand to also grip the ledge so he could pull himself up. But just as he was about to move his arm up, the ground began to crumble under his left hand.

"Help!"

The plea was too late, the ground completely falling apart under his hand. He squeezed his eyes shut, awaiting the pain he was about to endure. However, something quickly gripped his left wrist, stopping his fall midair. He opened his eyes to see a familiar silhouette.

"Kookie, are you okay?"

"Jimin?"

Jimin grabbed onto Jungkook's other wrist with a little maneuvering and pulled the boy up. They both sat on the ground, both breathing heavily for different reasons. Jimin was tired from the sudden exertion. Jungkook still had some fear coursing through him. After a couple minutes of both of them sitting on the ground, the awkward silence between the two became apparent.

"Were you following me?"

"N-No. Of course not. I just ..."

"Just what?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, crossing his arms as he awaited a response

"I was just passing by. That's all."

Jungkook knew that was a complete lie. He knew Jimin must have been waiting to see where Jungkook would be teleported when he logged in. A long time ago, Jimin had explained that, when a player logs in, there is a quick stream of light in the sky that signifies where they are dropped off. However, Jimin also explained that it's such a quick phenomenon that one can only really see it if they're looking for it.

He must have been waiting for me to get here. He knew I'd be in these woods. But ... I need to get away from him. To save him.

Jungkook quickly shot up, his breathing still not fully recovered from the earlier adrenaline rush. He ran past Jimin to try and get away from the tense situation, but his movements were stopped by Jimin's grip on his wrist. The grip that had saved him moments earlier now felt like a weight he couldn't shake, a weight that might cause him to sink.

"Jimin ... let go."

Jungkook turned around to see that Jimin wasn't looking at him. He had brought his knees into his chest, Jungkook knowing the boy only did that when he was stressed. His grip on Jungkook's wrist remained tight.

"We need to talk. You can't just run away."

"Watch me."

Jungkook pulled his wrist out of Jimin's grip, running a couple steps towards an area of the woods he'd never been before. He could hear Jimin getting up, ready to increase his pace if that's what it came to.

"So, this is it, huh?"

Jungkook stopped dead in his tracks. He couldn't hide his tears anymore, letting them flow slowly. Jungkook turned around to see Jimin facing him now, his eyes rimmed red and tears also falling to hit the ground. Jungkook had rarely seen the man cry, now shocked at what he was seeing. Jungkook looked back at the ground, forming tight fists where his nails etched into his flesh.

"Are we ... breaking up?"

Jimin kept his eyes on Jungkook, but he didn't have the heart to reciprocate the eye contact. He was afraid that, if he did, he would lose all of his resolve. He thought this was the best way to protect him and his secret, so he stuck with his gut, no matter how much pain it caused him. After a couple seconds, he finally looked up to see Jimin's eyes closed as he began sniffling.

"I ... I don't know."

"You don't know? This isn't some game you can play with my heart, you know. I ... I love you. And I thought," Jimin wiped away his tears as he continued, "I thought you loved me too. Was everything just a game to you, because for me, it was real."

"Jimin ..."

"No! You can't just run away. Please, just ... just talk to me."

"I can't. You just won't understand, trust me. Everything I'm doing is to protect you."

"To protect me? Are you serious? So, me crying and feeling miserable without you is you just protecting me."

The words came out with malice, causing a blow that Jungkook could feel on his heart. He was paralyzed, unable to move or think of something to say that could get Jimin to understand.

"Well?" Jimin waited to hear Jungkook's response. When Jungkook looked away rather than responding, Jimin huffed and wiped away the remaining tears on his face. "Forget it."

Jimin began walking in the opposite direction Jungkook was facing. Just as Jungkook was about to speak up, the man began running. No matter how much he wanted to move, Jungkook remained rooted in place, eventually falling to his knees as Jimin was no longer within his view. Jungkook began sobbing, his hands to his face.

He's ... he's given up on me. I thought this was the best thing to do to protect him, but ... why does it have to hurt so much?

After a couple minutes, Jungkook got up and walked in the opposite direction Jimin ran. He had no idea where he was going, but anything was better than running into Jimin again. After walking for about thirty minutes, he was reaching a clearing where he could now see the city. However, he noticed a small house closer to him but still in the distance, about a ten-minute walk away. He decided to head for the city, moving through the field in front of the house to do so. Just as he was about to pass by the house, the front door opened.

"Jungkook! It's been so long! How are you?"

Jungkook looked over to see Hoseok waving excitedly at him. He's only been to Hoseok's house twice, and he was teleported there both times. So, he had no idea this was where the man lived. The house had a more rustic feeling, painted a sunflower yellow to replicate Hoseok's own personality. After noticing the state Jungkook was in, Hoseok immediately stopped waving a walked over to Jungkook, stopping a couple steps in front of him.

"Jungkook, what wrong?"

Jungkook dropped to his knees in that moment, his hands immediately covering his face as he cried even harder than before. He was exhausted from the physical and emotional exertion of the day. Hoseok quickly kneeled beside him. Before he could ask what happened, Jungkook had blacked out on the grass.

"Jungkook! –kook. Can y-- -ear me? Jung--?"

Jungkook's hearing was being replaced by a high-pitched tone at a frequency that caused his ears to ache. His vision continued to move in and out before he fell completely limp and his vision went completely black.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jungkook could feel himself slowly coming to. He felt someone put a damp towel on his forehead. He grunted slightly due to the headache he could feel piercing his head as he tried to open his eyes.

"Hey, take it easy. I thought I almost lost you there."

Jungkook slowly blinked his eyes open to see Hoseok's bright smile greet him. Even though Jungkook felt terrible, Hoseok's smile always had a way of cheering him up. He tried to smile back before the pain became too much, his hands immediately going to hold his head.

"Just take it easy. I'm right here."

Jungkook nodded, taking a little longer to open his eyes, allowing them to get adjusted to the light in the room. He looked into the corner of his vision, seeing the timer only having about five minutes left.

"Did I pass out?"

"I think so. I don't know why, but you seemed exhausted. Everything okay?" Jungkook stayed silent, playing with his fingers after sitting up. He continued to avoid eye contact, something Hoseok took as a bad sign. "You can always talk to me, you know?"

"Yeah, I know. It's just ... difficult."

Jungkook was trying to not cry again, but he found it extremely difficult to hold his emotions together. He hadn't realized the Hoseok approached him, sitting on the edge of the couch Jungkook was sitting on and grasping the other's hands lightly.

"I think I can handle 'difficult.'"

Jungkook always knew that Hoseok's smile was blinding, but this was on a whole new level. It was as if the kindness was radiating off the man in waves, making Jungkook feel comforted and safe. He took a couple seconds before speaking up, knowing he had very little time left.

"It's Jimin. We had a fight."

Hoseok hummed as if he was thinking for the right thing to say. Jungkook could see he only had a minute left. Just as he was about to notify Hoseok of the little time he had left, the man spoke up.

"Ever since you appeared in this world, you're all he's ever talked about. He loves you a lot, more than even you know, I bet. And I know you love him too. I think it'll all work out. Oh, and one more thing," Jungkook looked at the man, awaiting the final note, "there's no point in protecting him if it hurts you both. He can handle himself pretty well. See you later!"

Just as Jungkook was going to interject, he saw Hoseok waving goodbye before the screen turned black. Jungkook stayed still for a couple seconds before taking the headset off.

What did Hoseok mean by that? I'm just trying to protect him and his secret. I can't let it slip. But ... I do miss him. Maybe I'm overthinking things. Maybe ... I just need to sleep on it.

Jungkook went about making his dinner and going straight to bed. He had been emotionally drained from his encounter and knew he'd need rest if he was going to survive another day at work the next day.

--------------------------------------------------------

Hoseok watched Jungkook get teleported away, knowing that his time had run out. When Jungkook was no longer there, he sighed loudly. His mind drifted to the situation that had only happened moments ago.

------------- FLASHBACK -----------------

Jungkook had fainted on the grass in front of Hoseok's house, the man now panicking at what to do since the boy wasn't responding. He tried tapping his face while calling his name, eventually turning the boy on his back to be sure he was breathing. When he saw Jungkook's stomach rise and fall, the man sighed in relief. He moved to pull the boy up before something caught his attention.

"Hoseok!"

He looked over to see Jimin running out of the woods, his blonde hair bouncing with every step he took. It only took him a couple seconds to reach Hoseok and the unconscious boy. Jimin quickly helped Hoseok by placing one of Jungkook's arms around his shoulder as they both moved Jungkook inside. They both laid Jungkook on the couch gently, both showing a look of concern.

"Jimin, do you know what's going on? He just showed up in front of my house, began crying, and passed out."

Hoseok grabbed some water and a towel, getting ready to place the small towel on Jungkook's forehead. When he looked at Jimin, the boy wasn't taking his eyes off of Jungkook. If he looked close enough, he could see that Jimin's eyes were rimmed red as well.

"We ... had a fight."

"A fight? You two?"

Hoseok looked back and forth between the two boys, his brows furrowing together. He'd never heard of these two fighting before, only seeing love in both of their eyes for the other. He became even more confused as time passed, but one thing was obvious: Jimin wasn't ready to leave Jungkook's side yet.

"What was the fight about? Something serious?"

"I told the creator about us, that I love him, that I told him my name."

"You did WHAT?!"

Hoseok was shocked. He'd known that Jungkook knew Jimin's name, and he also knew about their possible romantic relationship with each other. But telling the creator about them was a big step, and a risky one he never thought Jimin would take.

"He keeps saying he's trying to protect me but ..."

"But?"

"I don't need protecting. I made the decision on my own so that we wouldn't have to hide anymore. But now he's stressed that my name will slip out or that others will figure out my secret."

"Ahhhh."

That was all Hoseok could manage, trying to soak all of the information in. He was trying to figure out how to help both Jimin and Jungkook, but he was coming up blank at the moment. Before either of them could continue the conversation, they both saw Jungkook's eyebrows furrow, a sign that he was most likely going to wake up soon.

"Hey, Hoseok. Can you do me a favor?"

"Yeah, what is it?" Hoseok looked at Jimin intently, the man looking back at him with a soft intensity. 

"Can you not tell Jungkook I was here?"

"Why? Wouldn't you want him to know you were here for him?"

"Whether he breaks up with me or we figure this out together, I want it to be his decision without me interfering. If he doesn't want to be with me anymore ..." Hoseok could see Jimin's expression fall at the thought, "then I want him to make that decision for himself. I'd better go."

Before Hoseok could say anything, Jimin had gotten up and left through the front door. Hoseok sighed as he placed his hand on his forehead. He looked at Jungkook who was now moving slightly.

"What am I going to do with you two?"

Hoseok chuckled at himself, quickly making the towel damp again as he placed it back down on Jungkook's forehead.

You two are meant to be. I just know it.

-------------------------------------------

A/N

So, the fight continues. Will these two ever find their way back to each other?

Here are some questions to answer if you'd like:

1) Did you want me to focus more on Jikook or do you also want me to give Namjin and Sope their own spotlight as well? Just trying to gauge interest.

2) How are you doing? I know Covid can make things a little crazy, but hang in there!

Hope to update sooner rather than later! Thank you all for all the love you've given me on this story and my others as well. Purple you all! <3 =^_^=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 40.3K 125
This is a texting fanfic! You will be reading messages from Yoongi and Hoseok and other members. Give my stories a chance! Welcome...
130K 8.8K 22
Park Jimin has a dream job as a video game tester and gets hired to play the latest VR dating simulator 1st place winner Kpopficsaward,Category BTS S...
19.2K 739 36
Reactions to different scenarios with BTS. Might include NSFW scenarios, will be noted. Continuation of Bangtan Imagine. ~ BTS Member x Reader Insert...
40K 2.5K 27
Preparing for their new comeback, Hoseok is quietly drowning in anxiety, and Min Yoongi, while struggling to understand his own feelings, is determin...