Love Is All I Ever Wanted...

By background21

A girl who grows up not knowing anything about mother's love and tries her best to win the Father's love who... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue
Extra #1

Chapter 29

11K 496 26
By background21

*Asha Pov*

"Guys move it. We don't have much time." I shouted at Vicky and Rahul.

"Geez Asha! Don't shout like that. We just wanted to take very small break." Vicky said looking at me.

"Is this what you call small break? You are sitting there for the past one hour." I said hitting him with the pillow on his head.

I went near Rahul to hit him but he immediately moved away saying "I am going."

"Good! Now come on they will be here in any minute so just start doing something." I said and went towards Sandy's room to check her.

"You are acting just like my Mother-In-Law." Rahul mumbled getting up.

I turned around towards him and asked "What was that?"

"Nothing." He replied and they both left to see the arrangements.

I knocked on Sandy's door and opened it when she told me to. After entering I saw Sandy getting ready and Mandira helping her.

"Hey! You are looking beautiful." I said standing near her. She is wearing a pink and skyblue color combination of half sari.

"Thank you Asha for letting us have the rituals from our side in your house." She said holding my hand.

"Don't Sandy. You both are my close friends ofcourse I would do it." I said smiling.

"Finished! Now I will go and the ready." Mandira said and left the room.

"So.. can I ask you small favor?" Sandy asked fidgeting with her hands.

"Sure Sandy. What is it?" I asked her and sat beside her.

"You know that my parents are dead right?" She asked me.

I nodded smiling sadly. She told me about them when I was staying in London.

"We actually need parents for the rituals and for everything right. My brother is going to take their place. And..." she stopped herself from saying something.

"Tell me Sandy." I asked her.

"I know this is too much to ask you this but will you accompany to be beside him for all these?" She asked dropping some bomb there.

I just sat there in shock and said "I..I..." but I couldn't find any words to say.

"It's just that you are special to me Asha. I won't miss my parents that much if you both do this together." She said pleading me.

"Ok. I will do it. But is he ok with this?" I asked her.

"He will be. Don't worry." She said and I just nodded.

"I will go and get ready. When they reach here, I will get you ok." I said leaving the room.

I went inside my room and got ready. I am wearing a normal green color half sari.

Vicky messaged me that Lucky and his parents reached. And also few relatives reached here.

I immediately went inside Sandy's room and started walking us both to the living room where everyone is waiting for us.

I saw Prem standing little back from all the relatives.

Lucky was sitting on the two seater couch which we placed in the middle of the room. I made Sandy sit beside him.

Now first Roka is going to be held. It is an informal agreement between the families of both bride and groom.

This ceremony is conducted to fix the relationship between a girl and a boy. Here, dry-fruits, sweets and gifts are exchanged between both the family members.

It is actually conducted in Girls's house. As Sandy doesn't have one here in Goa, I asked them to conduct all of those in this house.

We conducted a small puja which is needed to be done for this ritual. After that both families exchange the gifts between them.

Lucky's parents came forward and started to give Prem the gifts. At the same time Sandy pushed me towards Prem to stand beside him.

He looked at me shocked but didn't say anything. We both took the gifts from them smiling.

Then Prem asked one Helper to bring forward the gifts he bought. When they were placed beside him, we both gave them to Lucky's parents.

Prem and Sandy's parents friends are the only people attended. I don't know why.

After all the gifts are exchanged even between the relatives, we moved forwards for the next ritual.

Sagan is to be the next ritual. This is performed either at groom's home or in a party hall.

But we decided to conduct it here itself. In this ceremony, bride father applies tilak on his would be Son-In-Law's forehead and give him some gifts and sweets.

So Prem did this to Lucky and gave him some gifts. This ritual is completed.

Next Chunni chadana ritual is to be held after that. In this ceremony groom's family gifts a red sari or a chunni to the would be bride and groom's mother gives her jewellary.

Lucky's mom gave Sandy a beautiful sari and some matching jewellary.

As a shagun, boiled rice with milk is served to the bride by groom's family.

I went inside the kitchen and brought that rice which I prepared before. Aunty fed Sandy some of it.

Now we moved on to next ritual which is Sagaai.

This ritual marks the ring ceremony in according to the Punjabi ritual and marks the formal 'asking' of the bride's hand in marriage by the groom's family.

Gowri Di brought Abhi who is holding a small plate in which two rings are there surrounded by rose petals.

Di gave him to me and I took him towards Lucky. He took the ring from the plate and Sandy also did the same.

I stood beside Sandy along with Prem. And Lucky's parents stood beside Lucky. Lucky put the ring on Sandy's finger and she too placed one on his.

We all clapped for them and I hugged both congratulating them. Everyone did the same.

"Now its gifts time for these both." Vicky shouted pointing towards Lucky and Sandy.

We laughed and as per ritual Prem should give the gifts to Lucky. Lucky's parents should give gifts to Sandy.

When it is over, Mandira saw all the gifts and said "Wow! If all my relatives promise me that I will get these many gifts then I am ready to get married immediately."

"But I think we should wait for some more time." Vicky said frowning.

"Why do I need you to get married?" Mandira asked rolling her eyes.

We all looked at her shocked but laughed when we saw Vicky's expression. He glared at her but seeing her unchanged expression he just looked down.

Everyone just moved around not thinking anything about it. Lunch is served for everyone in the garden.

After everyone left the house in the evening, we all decided to take some rest.

While going inside the house I saw Vicky sitting on the bench in the garden alone.

I sighed and went near him. I sat beside him and said "Why do I always find you in this mood when you are alone?"

"She doesn't want to get married to Me." he said.

"She is just joking Vicky. Don't take it too hard." I said assuring him.

"No! She took the correct decision. She must be feeling that I will just go behind some other girl right." He said sighing.

"Hey don't think like that at all." I said sternly.

He chuckled without any humor in it and said "I will go and tell her that I will respect her decision."

"Are you mad? Don't do that kind of stupidity." I warned him.

"That's what we should do right. I am respecting her decision like Prem should respect yours. You girls take best decisions right?" He said leaving me alone.

I looked at his back stunned and just sat there.

I know I am stupid ok! No one need to tell me that again......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the first time i named the rituals and the reasons too.

Get to know so much about them while doing this............

So the pics are on the side..........

Comment plz and vote..................

P.S... Happy new year :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 320 16
❤MAGICAL LOVE STORY❤ ⛦82 for general fiction _ feb 2018 22nd for general fiction-june 2018 To love is nothing, to be loved is something, bu...
251K 12.4K 33
Hello everyone. I am Ayisha I am a new writer in wattapad. This story is very special to me . Hope you all like and do comments to support me. I...
17.2K 535 43
This story is about a girl who was never loved by her parents just because she is not as beautiful as her siblings and her cousins, at least that is...
297K 11.6K 25
Meet Sara 22years old graduate with a loving Indian family. Her Father Mr. Rajesh kapoor who seems like a typical strict father but actually a best...