Invisible Line in Between

Oleh nininininaaa

[NEW CLASSIC SERIES #1] Meet the lead vocalist of New Classic, Isaiah Kalen Mallari. A #Wattys2020 Winner sto... Lebih Banyak

Invisible Line in Between
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Invisible Line in Between (Self-Pub)
New Classic Lyrics Booklet

Chapter 40

95.7K 4.2K 2.2K
Oleh nininininaaa

#NewClassicILIB

This is the final chapter. Thank you for making it this far!

Chapter 40
Announce

Never have I ever thought that I would breach the invisible line in between us―as an idol and a fan.

A disastrous failure.

That's how I thought my first love was going to end. I was ready to fail on my first try. I conditioned myself to prepare for a broken heart. I told myself countless times that we could never be. I kept drawing the line with a very bright and visible red ink, so that I would always be reminded not to dare cross it.

I used to think that I would bring this insane love to my grave. It was something that I couldn't be proud of. I was embarrassed that I became one of those delusional fans who foolishly fell in love with their idols, thinking that we'd have a chance.

But I guessed I was fortunate enough to conquer a heap of pain. Life pitied me for being rained on too much that it brought me sunshine in human form.

With our hands tightly clasped, we were sitting together on the couch. The clingy Isaiah wouldn't let go of me. He looked calm as he was awfully quiet, but I knew he must also be feeling nervous for what was about to happen.

And so, I pressed on his hand and held him tighter, hoping that I'd be able to send him more encouragement and somehow tone down the troubling thoughts inside his head.

Isaiah then turned to me. Like always, every time his eyes would meet mine, he smiled.

Honestly, I was feeling nervous too. I had no idea how everything would turn out but I refused to be shaken up by fear.

One of the things I learned was not to lose hope. If I let go of the chance before and gave up, I wouldn't be here, feeling the warmth of Isaiah's hand holding mine.

Our eye contact broke when I heard the door of the lounge opened. I averted my face to see Sic and Ike walking in with Mr. Joel. Tumayo ako at agad namang sumunod sa akin si Isaiah.

Una kong nakatinginan si Mr. Joel. Nahihiya siyang ngumiti sa akin. Isaiah told me that Mr. Joel already knew that this was going to happen eventually.

Tipid akong tumango bilang pagbati sa kanya bago nilingon ang dalawa.

Sic's eyes lit up when he saw me. "Zendie!"

He was about to run to greet me with a hug. My possessive Isaiah didn't let him, though. Before he could come closer, Isaiah already placed his hand in between me and Sic.

Tiningala ni Sic si Isaiah. He looked slightly offended. "Why are you being such a possessive boyfriend, Isaiah?" biro niya sa kaibigan sabay lingon sa akin. "We're friends! Right, Zendie?"

I just shyly smiled at him and didn't say anything, making Isaiah and Ike teased him more. Right then, I realized that Jirro wasn't with them. The band was incomplete.

Nang matapos silang mag-asaran ay lumapit na sa akin si Ike. "I'm happy for you and Isaiah," he sincerely told me.

Mas lalo akong napangiti. "Thank you..."

While I was exchanging glances with Ike and Sic, I felt Isaiah's hand crawled on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

The other members were a bit stunned to see his casual move. Ike bit his lower lip to suppress a smile, while Sic burst out laughing.

"Buti na lang at bukas pa ang flight ko! Too bad that Jirro couldn't see this..." Sic said, still laughing.

Sa sobrang kuryosodad ay hindi ko na napigilang lingunin si Isaiah para magtanong. "Nasaan si Jirro?"

Mula sa matalim na titig kay Sic ay lumambot ang tingin ni Isaiah nang harapin ako. Inayos niya ang pagkakahawak sa aking bewang bago sumagot. "He went out of town, so he couldn't come today."

"May sinundan," pagsingit ni Sic, tuwang-tuwa sa kanyang mga naiisip na kalokohan. "Natatakot na maiwanan ulit, e."

Ike didn't stop himself from striking his elbow on Sic's tummy. Isaiah laughed, while Sic pursed his lips like a kid who's been scolded by his father.

In the midst of them bickering with each other, Mr. Joel cleared his throat. We immediately gave him our attention.

"It's time, Isaiah," Mr. Joel announced. "We will go live in five. You need to go to the stage now."

Nawala na ang ngiti sa mga labi nina Ike at Sic. They both looked serious now. I could feel the tension rising in the air.

I heard Isaiah took a deep breath as he slowly let go of my waist. He picked up his black coat from the couch to wear it over his white plain shirt.

Nang matapos niyang maisuot ang coat ay nilingon niya akong muli. His lips bent upwards into a smile as he held my hand gently.

"I'll be back," he told me.

I mirrored his smile and nodded my head. "Good luck!"

His smile widened and he leaned forward to give me a sweet and reassuring kiss on my forehead.

Once he was ready, he finally went outside with Mr. Joel. There were a few bodyguards waiting outside the lounge to escort him. Umupo naman ako ngayon sa sofa at tumabi sa akin sina Ike at Sic. Nakabukas na ang TV kung saan ko mapapanood ang press con ni Isaiah.

For this press con, he would finally announce that he's currently in a relationship. We didn't get caught by the paparazzi but Isaiah insisted to hold this press con.

While waiting for him to go live, I recalled our conversation three days ago.

"I went to the company earlier..." Isaiah informed me, his voice a bit low.

We were both lying on my bed while watching a movie, when he suddenly said that out of the blue. And since I was using his arm as a pillow, one turn and our eyes met at the same level.

"Why?" I asked him.

He told me that he wouldn't get any individual projects while they were still on the break. I had no idea why he went to Top Star.

"I talked to my manager and the president," he responded, looking up at the ceiling. "I told them about my plans on announcing our relationship to the public."

My eyes widened. "You did?" I almost gasped. "Why? You don't need to do that."

He sighed and brought his gaze back to me. "I'm not planning to keep you a secret, Zendaya. I don't want that," he said with resolve. "And besides, I promised First Class that I'd inform them once I'm in a relationship. I also don't want to break their trust."

His eyes were blazing determination.

I was a bit concerned about him and the band, but honestly, it was better if he'd announce it to them personally. Kung sakaling mahuli ulit kami ay alam kong tuluyan nang mawawalan ng tiwala ang mga tagahangang nagmamahal sa kanya.

Napabuntonghininga ako ngunit ngumiti rin kalaunan. "May tiwala ako sa 'yo," sabi ko sa kanya bilang pagbibigay ng lakas ng loob. "I'd support you in everything that you want to do." As what a fan should do.

Muling sumilay ang guwapong ngiti sa kanyang labi. He softly ruffled my hair using his other hand.

"By the way, I invited your company, particularly your senior," he added with a smug look on his face.

"Si Lucas?"

He nodded. "I have a feeling that he has a crush on you," he suddenly said something so absurd. "But I'm sure he finally had a hunch when he saw me visit your house last time. I want to confirm our relationship right in front of him, so that he won't dare try to make a move on you."

Napakunot ngayon ang aking noo habang tinititigan siya. "Hindi niya ako gusto, no!" pagtanggi ko at ngayo'y naningkit naman ang mga mata. "Is that why you intentionally went out of your car that time?"

His lips quirked up in a smirk, indirectly answering my question.

I pouted which gave him a reason to give me a peck, leading me to blush so badly.

Remembering how our conversation that night ended, I bit my lower lip hard. Just then, the press con went on air. I forced myself to stop reminiscing and focused on what's showing on the screen.

"It's starting..." Ike whispered.

Umayos sa pagkakaupo si Sic at bahagyang umabante ang katawan.

Isaiah was already seated. There were a lot of microphones from different media placed on the table.

As far as I knew, the journalists and reporters weren't allowed to ask any questions. Lucas told me about it the other day when he received the invitation from Top Records. Only Isaiah had the permission to speak as he wanted to finish it quick.

"Good afternoon to all the media present here today," he began by greeting the audiences. "And to our fans, First Class, who are tuning in to the press con wherever they are right now."

I clasped my hands together. Nervousness suddenly crept into my veins as Isaiah started talking.

"As you all know, a few months ago, I was involved in a dating issue which I truthfully denied," he said. "I wasn't really in a relationship back then, but the woman in the pictures is undeniably special for me."

His words made me smile.

Sic playfully whistled but he was immediately quieted down by the slightly strict Ike.

"I promised you all that time that I'd be the one to personally tell you once I'm in a relationship." He carefully touched the main agenda of the press con. "So, I'm here to happily announce that I'm already in a relationship with a very amazing woman."

Isaiah's lips broke into a smile. I sensed how he finally calmed down and became relaxed after he dropped the truth.

"A lot of things happened earlier this year," he confessed. "I got my heart broken, my family was in a total chaos, and I was filled with hatred and pain... I honestly thought it would take me months or years to recover. But she made everything easy for me."

I thought I would never get emotional while watching the press con, but my eyes stung as tears flowed freely on my cheeks. My heart was full of pride that I have for this strong man on the screen, who also happens to be my boyfriend.

"She made the impossible became possible. She pushed me to become a better person," he stated. "I'm very thankful that she came into my life. She saved me and brought me into the light, when the darkness was slowly swallowing me whole. I promised myself that I'll do anything to keep her with me in this lifetime."

Releasing a deep breath, I quietly wiped away the tears streaming down my face. Ike noticed that I was crying, so he handed over his handkerchief to me.

Smiling, I took his hanky and used it to dry my tears.

"My members are very much happy with my relationship," Isaiah continued, having a more pleasant expression. "They like her a lot."

Sic lightly tapped my shoulder. I faced him, and his eyes smiled at me.

"I know, during the issue before, you all have different reactions but the majority is disappointed of me. You felt betrayed. You got hurt. Some even expressed their hate and cursed on the woman they don't even know," he bravely tackled the fans' upsetting reactions. "I understand where you are coming from, but I will not condone such things. I should only be announcing my relationship today. However, I feel like this is a problem that I should address as well. As someone you all look up to, I have the responsibility to educate everyone."

Isaiah became serious, wearing a stern look on his face.

"I'm thankful for all of your love since our debut. We wouldn't get this far without everyone's all-out support for the band," he expressed his feelings. "But I have to be frank with you all―I have a life behind these cameras. I believe that I'm already of age to engage in a serious relationship with someone I truly love. So, I hope you won't take it against me for loving someone and for being happy. I hope you'll support me on this amazing chapter of my life as how you cheered me on as a member of New Classic."

In my peripheral vision, I saw Ike nodding his head, agreeing to every word coming out of Isaiah's lips.

"Once we return from our break, I promise to be back with new music. I will continue to work hard as the Isaiah Mallari you all love," Isaiah was finally concluding his speech. "Thank you for giving me a chance to speak what I have in mind. Thank you for listening."

Isaiah stood up and faced the main camera filming him. He showed a genuine smile before turning away, ending the press con.

Mabilis naman akong tumayo patungo sa pintuan. Ilang segundo lang ang nakalipas, pagkarating ko roon, ay bumukas ang pintuan at iniluwa nito si Isaiah.

He was taken aback when I threw myself to him, but he still managed to catch me. I tightly gripped on the back of his shirt as I buried my face on his chest.

I heard him chuckle. "What's happening to you?"

Shutting my eyes close, I breathed out and tightened my embrace even more. "I'm so proud of you."

He stiffened a bit, but then relaxed right away. He hugged me back properly. "All for you..." he said under his breath, and I felt him kissed the top of my head. "I love you."

Those words put a huge smile on my lips.

I thought he was a song I could never sing. That no matter how much I tried to memorize the lyrics and hit the right note, I still wouldn't get it all right. However, with his help, I didn't just master the song but he even unexpectedly sang along.

"I love you, too," I sincerely replied, ignoring the people around watching us.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

3.1M 23.9K 16
Lumuwas ng manila si Arabella para maghanap nang trabaho, dahil hindi naman siya nakapag-kolehiyo kaya sa pagiging kasambahay siya bumagsak. Maayos...
2M 135K 38
You can't hide anything from him... you just can't. *** Embry's life is smooth sailing until two storms shattered her frame of mind - one in the form...
50.2K 1.3K 35
Baguio Entry #4 [Completed] Crystal Gem Herrera committed a biggest mistake that she'll regret for the rest of her life. To fix herself, she decided...
7.9K 241 12
The Zorron Series #5 complete on goodnovel | unedited | published on immac Struggling with the same mad man, Arist Bañara, who she never wanted, Merc...