Finding Lost Love (Jotakak)

By Tom_Holland_Is_Cute

After finally defeating DIO, Joseph and Jotaro have to fly back from Egypt to Japan, where Joseph says he'll... More

Saying Goodbyes
Someplace New
Seeing You Again
Recovery
Hallucinating
Visiting
Stalking
Protection
Enemy Mission
Regret
Dreams
Trickery
Trapped
The Stars in Platinum
Lost in Battle
The Green in Hierophant
Relief
The Long-Awaited Moment
Broken Walls
Downpour
Progress
A/N

Coming Out

1.8K 91 156
By Tom_Holland_Is_Cute

A/N: Sorry for my recent inactivity on Wattpad! I've started watching Black Butler, (I'm not done no spoilers please) and I recently moved.

Thanks for the fanart! (I forgot the @'s for the art I'm so sorry ;w;)

(Let me know if I missed any please)

...

Kakyoin's eyes fluttered open. He was greeted with the orange hue of the sunrise gleaming through the window and into his face. He laid in the same position a little while longer, admiring and appreciating the colors of the rising sun. 

He, Jotaro, and Polnareff talked for a long time last night. Just catching up on everything and having normal bonding time as friends. It was a very nice and calming conversation to have, with the silly banter and weird conversation starters that somehow popped in their minds. 

It reminded him of the short time they bonded in Egypt. As he's thought before, they didn't get to spend too much time just chatting in Egypt, as they were always on the move or fighting an enemy stand user.

It was sure lonely with Dr. Hashi gone. No one to talk to about Jotaro anymore. No one he would feel comfortable with, at least. But she told him not to grieve, she told him to move on, as she had fulfilled her purpose on earth. So he didn't stick to the thought for too long. 

He sat there for another 20 minutes or so, appreciating the scenery before him. He turned over to face the door to the room as the sun began to show from the horizon, so if he stared any longer, it would hurt his eyes. 

He still felt tired and went to try and fall asleep again, when there was a knock at the door. He groaned to see a doctor step in the room with a glass of water and a bottle of pills. 

"Here, this is your medicine for today. You can take it and continue to do whatever you'd like."

The doctor placed the glass and bottle on the small table next to his bed, in which he sat up as the doctor watched him take the medicine. Kakyoin immediately laid back down and tried to fall back asleep, in which he was successful.

...

"Thanks, mom, I appreciate it," Jotaro began to unwrap the bowl of Katsudon Holly had made and brought to him, as she didn't like the idea of him eating the hospital food they provided there. She left one for Kakyoin as well, but it stayed in the staff room until Kakyoin woke up and was ready to eat.

Holly's smile began to fade and turned more into an expression of worry or concern. "Hey, Jotaro?"

Jotaro hummed as his mouth was full of his mom's cooking, his favorite. 

"Are you doing alright? I mean, you've gone through so much in so little time, and I'm worried about you. I know you're hurting, even if you try to hide it. It's a mom's instinct to know when her child's hurt. Emotionally or physically."

Jotaro took a moment to finish chewing and swallow. He placed laid his chopsticks over the bowl and looked up at her. "Mom, I gotta give it to you. You have a point. And I'm not gonna try and deny the fact that you're right. But I don't want you to worry about me. As long as I'm here with you guys, I'm happy. Okay?"

Holly was hesitant but nodded slowly. "Well, mom has to head off to work for the day, so hi to Kakyoin for me, okay?"

Jotaro began to eat again and nodded, waving a hand as she left the room. After he finished eating, he set down his now empty bowl and chopsticks on the side table next to him. He decided to try and stand to see if he had regained any strength while he slept. 

Star Platinum had summoned himself to catch Jotaro in case his strength was still not fully present, but fortunately, he had regained most of his strength, though his body was still sore. 

With the help of Star Platinum, he slowly made his way back to Kakyoin's hospital room. He knocked on the door, but he got no response from the other side. He opened the door slowly as it creaked, and he peeked his head inside. Kakyoin was still asleep, the small rise and fall of his chest bringing a sense of peace to Jotaro.

Unwillingly, Jotaro smiled as his stomach filled with butterflies. He was unbelievably happy. Even after everything. After Egypt, after the headmaster, Kakyoin was safe. He thought it was a bit selfish to only think about keeping Kakyoin safe instead of everyone else, so he mostly tried to subside his happiness and focus on getting both he and Kakyoin in better shape. 

He sat down in a chair next to Kakyoin's bedside. He set his elbows on his knees and rested his head on his hands. He moved his right hand to caress Kakyoin's cheek. Kakyoin unconsciously rubbed his chin against Jotaro's hand, bringing a smile to the raven-haired face. He moved his hand to Kakyoin's messy and unkempt hair noodle, playing with it between his fingers. 

He thought to himself and wondered if the cherry-red tint to Kakyoin's hair was its natural color. Oh well, he didn't think he'd ever know.

As his mind wandered, and his thoughts went to different places, mostly happy and wholesome. And he had come to realize that most of them fantasized Kakyoin. Mainly, a future with him. 

As Jotaro thought through it more and more, his heart seemed to flutter as goosebumps surrounded his body with happiness and excitement. The more he thought about it, the more it became more clear. And the more he liked the idea. 

If this wasn't what love felt like, he wasn't sure he'd ever know the true definition.

He sighed and closed his eyes, still playing with Kakyoin's hair. His heartbeat increased as the thought of telling Kakyoin how he felt entered his mind. He wanted to tell him so badly, he wanted to be with Kakyoin. And the knowledge that the feeling was mutual only made him more eager.

But it wasn't the right time. 

He wanted to find the perfect timing. He wanted Kakyoin to be healthy and happy. He was putting Kakyoin's health in front of his own. Now, Kakyoin was his only priority. 

Nothing else seemed to matter. 

Jotaro moved his hand from Kakyoin's hair to his limp hand, squeezing it gently. He moved Kakyoin's bangs from his forehead with his left hand and planted a gentle and soft kiss. 

"Sleep tight..."

Jotaro removed both his hands and returned them to his side. He turned around and left the room. He made it back to his own with some more support from Star Platinum and got changed into his newly washed school uniform. Of course, he'd have to get a new hat, as his old one was ruined and dirty, and he would rather have it stay with Kakyoin. 

He'd also have a load more school work to catch up on than he did before. And though it might seem he doesn't care about school, he has high expectations for his future and wants to get into a good college. And he sure can't do that with missing assignments and bad grades. 

He waved to a doctor as he began to walk to the exit. They tried to stop him and say he needed one more day to rest, but he refused. 

He limped only slightly as he walked, brushing Star Platinum off every time he tried to help. Jotaro insisted that if he helped him, it would only make him weaker. He needed to regain his strength simply by forcing himself. 

He walked back home all by himself. Back to the Kujo Residence. He walked inside and kicked off his shoes, placing them neatly on the floor. "Mom, I'm home!"

Jotaro, with his hands in his pockets, walked around the house, peeking over every corner to see where Holly could be. As he leaned over to check another corner, he felt a tap on the back of his shoulder.

He flinched harshly and turned around in a battle stance, his heart speed picking up drastically. 

"Woah! It's just me, didn't mean to scare you there Jotaro," Joseph chuckled as he held his hands up in defense, Holly waving from behind him with an apologetic look on her face. 

Jotaro sighed, dropping his defensive stance. "Where were you guys?" he asked.

"We just got back from some groceries, you wanted me to get stuff for a cake right?" Holly spoke.

Jotaro nodded. There was a brief silence between the three as Jotaro stared at the floor for a few seconds. Then he looked up at them. "Guys, can we talk?"

...

Jotaro, Joseph, and Holly were seated at the dinner table. Joseph and Holly on one side, Jotaro on the other. They sat in silence as Jotaro was quite obviously nervous about the conversation he wanted to have. 

"Jotaro, sweetie, are you doing alright? Is there something important you wanted to discuss?" Holly held out her hand in a comforting manner, a soft and loving look upon her face. 

Jotaro looked her in the eye, his worries disappearing almost instantly as he felt safe. Then he looked at Joseph, who had a very serious and curious look on his face, ruining the somewhat comforting mood for him. 

"Yeah, actually..." Jotaro looked down, beginning to fiddle with his hands. He stopped and shoved them back in his pockets. He looked back up at her. "How did you meet dad?"

Holly seemed taken aback from the sudden and random question. "Your father?" she questioned, Jotaro nodding. "Well, if you're really curious, I'll tell you. The first time I saw your father is when he was playing music at a bar. My friends took me for a drink in celebration of my 21st birthday. I really loved his music, as it was very soothing to listen to. After the show, I went up to him and introduced myself. I told him I loved his music and he offered to get me a drink. We got to know each other a bit and got along quite well. We promised to meet each other at that same bar every Wednesday. And we did. For two months. Then he asked me out, which I gladly excepted. I was falling for him, and he was falling for me. 5 more dates and it was time for us to meet each other's parents. Papa wasn't too fond of him, but he wanted me to be happy, so he accepted it. You're father's parents, your grandparents were very nice. They saw you when you were just a baby. Then, we got together. We were so happy and loved each other very much. Next thing you know, when I went back to that bar to visit my friends again, he was there, playing his music. It was so nostalgic, and I fell for him even harder. When he finished, he got down on one knee and proposed. It was the most magical night. I, of course, said yes. And then we're planning the wedding. We get married, and a month later I'm pregnant with you. We were so excited. You were the most adorable baby and he loved you more than anything. When you were 4, he got an offer for a record deal for his music. I knew he'd take it and I wanted him to take it. Soon he became very popular with his music, and of course, he started going on tours, and he was away for longer periods of time. He's sad he can't see you very often, and he missed a lot of you growing up. But I wanted him to pursue his dreams, so I insisted he kept doing what he loved most. And now we're here."

Jotaro stared at the table, thinking to himself. "What did it feel like?"

Holly tilted her head, furrowing her brows. "What do you mean?"

"To be in love."

Holly went silent, and Joseph was visibly surprised by the question. But of course, she answered.

"Being in love is a magical thing Jotaro. It's when this person, the person you love, makes you unbelievably happy. Every time you think of them, your stomach flutters, and you can't help but smile every time you see them. You're whole body shivers with love. And it almost feels like you're going to explode. And even better, is if you get to be with this person, and they love you back. And you can call them yours, and you can love them and protect them with everything you have. Because you would hate for something bad to happen to them."

Jotaro's eyes widened slightly. It made so much sense.

"Why do you ask?" Holly questioned.

Jotaro looked at her, his heart basically beating out of his chest in nervousness. "Mom, I can tell you anything, right?"

Her face twisted with slight concern and worry, but most of all, love. "Of course," she leaned over and put her hand on his face, kissing his forehead, which he allowed for once. "I love you no matter what honey." 

She sat back down in her seat, waiting for what he had to say. "Mom... I think I'm in love..."

Joseph's eyes widened, but he knew now was not the best time to make a joke. 

Holly smiled. "That's wonderful! That's a great thing honey," she clapped her hands together. Then her face softened again. "How come you were so nervous to tell us?"

Jotaro looked down. He almost forgot to breathe as his whole body tensed. "Because..." at this point, he had to force the words out of his mouth as he could never suck up his gut enough to have the words come out smoothly. 

"It's a guy."

Holly and Joseph froze. Jotaro looked down as he felt his eyes tightened as the possibility of tears became present. He felt so embarrassed. 

Holly stood up, walking around the table and over to Jotaro. She lifted his chin and made him look at her. He was surprised when he saw tears in her eyes. She smiled. "Jotaro, please don't ever be humiliated by that fact. Listen, when I say I'll love you no matter what, I mean it. I don't care if you're gay, trans, non-binary, asexual, demisexual, bisexual, pansexual, or any other. You are valid, and you will always be my baby."

Holly kissed his forehead and he stood up, embracing her in a tight hug. Relief filled his body and his mind. They were both smushed together even more as Joseph embraced both of them as well. 

And they stood there, in the comfort of their family and love. 

Home.

...

"So, who's the lucky guy?" Holly asked excitedly. She was now fangirling over Jotaro's love life, 100% what he expected. 

Jotaro pursed his lips. He wasn't as nervous as before, but he didn't want anyone to think he was weird.

"Is it Kakyoin?" Joseph asked. Jotaro glared at him, pretty much saying 'I swear to god if you tell Polnareff I'm gonna kill you'. Joseph chuckled. "Right on the nail."

Holly smiled. "Kakyoin? Really?"

Jotaro nodded slowly. Holly grinned ear-to-ear. "Oh, you guys would be so cute together!! It makes sense too! Aww! I'm so happy for you Jotaro, you fell in love with the right guy."

Jotaro's face heated up with embarrassment, but he couldn't help but crack a small grin. He was just happy that he was accepted. 

"Well, anyway," Holly stood up and clapped her hands to get their attention. "do you guys want to help me make the cake? It is Kakyoin's birthday tomorrow, after all."

Jotaro smiled, standing up as well and pushing in his chair. "Let's get to it then, shall we?"

(2700 Words)
-End of Chapter Eighteen-
'Coming Out'
To be continued...

(Sorry if there are some grammar mistakes! Grammarly wasn't working today (TwT))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48 3 1
Love is difficult, strange, unpredictable, wonderful, it makes you do crazy things. It's hard to find the right words, especially for non-ordinary gu...
Red By eyyyyy43

Fanfiction

5.8K 75 39
Jotaro loves Kakyoin. Even though Kakyoin is with DIO, he can't stop pining over him. Jotaro loves Kakyoin so much that he needs him. He wants every...
47.2K 1.5K 30
Ξ±Ρ‚Π½Ξ±zΞ±gσяαρнσвια - the fear of being forgotten, forgetting someone or something. - Kakyoin Noriaki has always had athazagoraphobia. It's something t...