Clouded Love

By yottypin44

I would have never seen myself in this position even in a million years, how this happened I don't even know... More

DEFEAT.
TO ME AND YOU.
UNSEEN PAIN
MR. MENTAL

TORN APART

0 0 0
By yottypin44

Have you ever been in a situation where you think fate just hates you, or maybe the universe decided to work against you.
Well.......! welcome on board!!

What did I do wrong?!

Why is this happening to me?!

Why can't I get my happy ending?!

These questions run through my mind as I sit in the park, Yes......., Mason kicked me out, he came back exactly an hour later to throw me out. He didn't even listen to me when I told him I had no where to go, he just threw out my stuff and slammed the door in my face.

It wasn't me, I didn't sleep with Dave, I would never!!, who would do this to me?! Maybe Kate and Helen, but all they wanted was for me to leave and I did, so what reason would they have to do this.

Mason said Dave confessed those lies to him so maybe he could tell me why he did it. I pulled out my phone and dialed Dave's number, Dave's a guy in department, we weren't close buddies but we were friends nevertheless. It rang continuously but he never picked up, so I left a message telling him we needed to talk urgently

I thought of my options, I couldn't call Raquel; she would want to come here immediately and I don't think it would be convenient for her to take a four hours journey back here. I couldn't go back home because I wasn't on good terms with Dad,  I had tried calling him earlier but he didn't pick up. I might be the daughter of a millionaire but I didn't have much money on me either,  It was getting late so I had to makeup my mind fast.

I got back into my car and browsed for some cheap hotels, I got one not too far away so I drove there.

When I got there, the receptionist said they were booked for the night, I almost cried in front of her. It was already getting dark and I had no where to go, I got back into my car and drove to another motel but it was also fully booked. Could this get any worse?!

I sat in my car crying my heart out when I remembered someone; Mrs Smith, I haven't spoken to her in a long time but she was the only one I could think of now, I picked up my phone and dialed her number, she picked up almost immediately,

"Hello?!, who is it?" she asked in her usual chirpy tone.

"Mr-Mrs Smith, it's me...Elisa" I replied, at first she didn't reply I could hear quietly mumbling to herself,  I prayed to the heavens that she had not forgotten me, she was only the one I had now.

"Elisa?!, Elisa Gardein?!" she asked, I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes ma'am" I replied.

"Oh!, oh my Elisa!, it's been so long sweetie." she replied, happiness evident in her voice.

"Yes Mrs Smith, it's been quite a long time." I replied

"What's wrong Elisa?, you don't sound well, are you sick?, Is that step mother of yours tormenting you?" she asked, of course she would notice I wasn't in the best of moods, Mrs Smith was my mom's best friend, she and my mom were really close until she died, Dad stopped me from visiting her and cut all ties with her for reasons unknown to me.

"No ma-" I wanted to reply but she cut me off.

"Don't you dare lie to me!, if that woman is bothering you, you let me know and I'll be there by morning." she stated, I knew she definitely wasn't bluffing, Mrs Smith knew Kate's true colors just as I did.

"Mrs Smith, I need a big favor from you." I said changing the subject, Kate wasn't my main issue right now.

"Go ahead, you know I'll do anything for you Elisa." she replied,

"I need a place to stay for a few days before my College graduation, after that I promise I'll get my own place and won't bother you anymore." I said,  I was a bit ashamed because it felt pathetic to not be able to take care of your own needs.

"Why didn't you say so from the beginning honey, of course you can stay and for as long as you want, I'm quite alone here since Sammy's in France and Delores has her own place although James visits once in a while, he doesn't stay that long. I would love the company, please do come, you remember my address right? " she replied happily, tears flooded my vision at the thought that someone actually wanted me around.

"Ye-yes, I do remember." I replied in between sobs, I tried to stop myself from crying but too late, she already heard me.

"Oh.......Elisa, you'd have to tell me the story behind those tears when you get here.", she said calmly.

"I will, I'll be there soon, bye."

"Bye Dear, see you soon." she replied then ended the call.

I dried my tears and began driving to Mrs Smith place, I was kinda of glad her kids weren't there, especially Sam. We were really close friends back when my mom was alive but it ended after her death, I haven't seen her in a long time and my dad made me block her on social media. Till today I really don't know why he did all of those things, the Smiths were very close family friends so I was shocked when he asked me to never associate with them. I asked him about it before but all he said was 'adult problems', although it got me more confused I decided not to bother him about it anymore, I unblocked Sam when I got admitted into college to see if we could still be friends but I found out she had deactivated her social media accounts, I tried by all means to reach her but it was all in vain, Dad eventually found out and scolded me for it. That didn't stop me though I was able to get Mrs Smith number but when I told her I needed to talk to Sam, she told me it was better if I didn't, that hurt me a lot but I understood she was trying to protect me from Dad's Rage.

I drove to the Smith's residence,  it took me about 45 minutes to get there since it was on the outskirts of town, I remember driving here with my mom although it was a long time ago it felt just like yesterday when I was carefree, enjoying the affection of both my parents, playing and living life with no worries, I would never have thought that one day I would be heart broken, motherless and homeless, and let's not forget my Dad possibly hating me.

I sighed and rested my head on the steering wheel once I had parked my car. I opened the door at the same time the front door opened and Mrs Smith walked out;

"Oh, Elisa!, you look so- so much like her, all grown up and pretty." she said giving me a hug, I knew she was referring to my Mom since it was an obvious fact.

"It's nice to see you again Mrs Smith," I replied with a smile, she hadn't changed that much since I last saw her.

"Oh stop with that Mrs Smith nonsense!, I'm not even married to the guy any more." she said showing me her finger without her wedding ring.

I was startled, 'when did that happen?!', I mumbled to myself.

"Forget that, let's go in, it's getting cold out here." she said ushering me into the house, I pulled out a duffel bag with some of clothes in it then closed my car and followed her in.

"You'll be staying in Delores's former room, no-one has stayed there ever since she left, so it's all yours." she led me into the room, Delores is her first child, she graduated college about four years ago, Mrs Smith told me she works at a publishing company and has a place of her own. "you can freshen up while I round up dinner when you're through just meet me in the kitchen, we're having that discussion tonight because I want to know if that woman has a hand in those tears."

I just smiled and nodded, I really didn't want to talk about it but I guess she deserves an explanation.

"Good" she remarked, then left the room.

I placed my bag down and lay face down on the purple queen size bed, I felt comfortable for a minute until all the memories came rushing back, tears threatened to spill but I kept it in. I took out my phone and dialed Mason's number but it kept going to voicemail, I hoped he was calm now so we could talk but I guess he wasn't......., I dialed Dave's number as well but he didn't pick up either, why avoid me when you already ruined my life!!

I lay back on the bed and this time the tears did spill, how could one survive this?, I want see the positive aspect of all this but guess what?!, it doesn't have one!!!

A knock sounded on the door but I was too weak and tired to answer it,

"Elisa, just wanted to let you know dinner's ready." she said poking only her head through door, she gasped when she saw me.

" Oh.... Elisa, it's that bad?" she asked calmly, I could only nod as more tears spilled out. She sat beside me and placed my head on her thighs, "it's okay, don't cry too much you'll only end up with a headache." she stroked my hair and tried to calm me down.

"I don't want to go on anymore." I whisper, "it hurts to continue"

"Don't you ever say that!!" she warned, "listen to me, no matter what happens you need to strive on, whatever you're going through I assure you it's temporary. By the way, what happened?!"

I sighed and calmly told her everything from the beginning, I told her about the disagreement between me and my dad and also about Mason and Dave.

"Firstly, I can't believe your dad chose those outsiders over you and Secondly, why would this Dave guy formulate such lies about you if he's such a 'good friend'." Mrs Smith asked once I had finished talking.

"Dad has been like that for a very long time and I've had to deal with it, he believes whatever they say and goes with their side of the story, about Dave, I....... don't know, I really don't know what exactly he told Mason but specifically called us 'lovers'. "

"Have you tried calling him?!" She asked

I nodded, "he didn't pick up."

"But I don't understand, if this guy truly loves you why doesn't he believe you, I believe you because I know the kind of person you are, he should too." She said but I just shook my head.

"You haven't seen the pictures that's why, they're very convincing. The girl in the picture looks exactly like me." I replied.

She breathed out and raised my head in her direction,"I believe you because you are you, you're Elisa Quince Gardein, so don't ever depreciate yourself, if one door closes another opens, you have a pure heart don't let anyone turn it cold."

Her kind words reminded me of mum, I wish she were here to guide me, I just hugged her and she hugged me back.

"It's gonna be alright, forget it for now and come have dinner." she said but I refused,

"I'm sorry Ma'am but I couldn't even if I tried, I'm not hungry at all."

She smiled and nodded, "I understand but you're not going to starve yourself over anyone, how about some hot chocolate?."

"I'd like that" I replied

"Well then, go take a shower and relax while I make you a cup." I thanked her then went into the bathroom to take a shower.

When I was done, I dried myself and put on pair of shorts and one of my tees, I felt a bit refreshed after the shower and the hot chocolate did wonders in calming my nerves, I just hope tomorrow comes with blessings in stead of more pain.

________________________________

Chees............y, I know!!

Show me a bit of love though 💜

Pls vote and comment, also share and add to your library.

Thanks for trying this out anyway,

Y💖O💜T💝T💚Y

STAY SAFE OUT THERE 😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 9.6K 45
Life was so simple when I knew who I was and what my life was like, but then it all crumbled apart when I found out that my brother, is not who I tho...
1.6K 1 23
Mya was so excited to head of to college and start of fresh. But she never expected that she would still find trouble, and lots of it. She worked s...
1.7K 69 14
The water is my home...It is the only place I feel free...I can go anywhere, be anything as long as I kept to myself...It has been years on my own an...
79.4K 1.5K 28
"Isn't she is pregnant and I was pregnant when her mother did this to me,"before I process what she was saying. I saw my life flash into my eyes. Sh...