Invisible Line in Between

By nininininaaa

[NEW CLASSIC SERIES #1] Meet the lead vocalist of New Classic, Isaiah Kalen Mallari. A #Wattys2020 Winner sto... More

Invisible Line in Between
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Epilogue
Invisible Line in Between (Self-Pub)
New Classic Lyrics Booklet

Chapter 39

78.7K 4K 2.8K
By nininininaaa

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 39
First Time

It was half-past six in the evening when I arrived at City of Dreams. When the night fell, the sky was painted in twilight colors as darkness was starting to completely take over the daylight and reign during the night.

I didn't bring my car with me, so I was dropped off right at Nobu Hotel where I would meet Aya. I figured that she'd be staying here while she's in Manila.

As soon as I entered the lobby, I was warmly greeted by the staffs of the hotel. I scanned around the place and saw most people wearing semi-formal attires, while I stuck to my fashion―white jeans and ruffled blue off-shoulder top. I tied my hair in a loose half-ponytail and wore light make-up. Even with my simple get-up, I was confident that I blended in with everyone around me.

Just like what Aya instructed me, I approached the reception area in the lobby to get the spare key card of the room she booked. She said that I only had to say my name to the receptionist.

"Good evening! How may I help you, Ma'am?" One of the two receptionist politely greeted me with a friendly aura.

"I have a booking under the name Zendaya Gregorio," I told her.

"Okay. One moment, Ma'am." She began searching for my reservation on her monitor and once she was done, she looked up and arranged everything for me. "Our bellboy will escort you to your suite," she told me as she gave the key card to the man beside me.

"Oh, okay. Thank you very much."

"My pleasure."

Without ado, I followed the bellboy to the suite. We went up to the designated floor using the lift. It was very efficient to have the bellboy leading me that I didn't have to wander around just to find where I should go.

When we arrived in front of the suite, the bellboy slid the key card to unlock the door before he gave it to me.

"Enjoy your stay," he bid with a smile, then walked away.

Bago ako tuluyang pumasok sa loob ay nag-DM muna ako kay Aya para sabihing nandito na ako. Once the message was sent, I carefully opened the door while keeping the key card inside my bag. I gripped on the chain strap of the side bag as I walked further into the suite.

The romantic decorations in the living room area greeted me. White, pink, and red mini balloons were scattered on the floor, along with rose petals of the same colors. On the center table, there was a beautiful candle centerpiece. A huge bouquet of red roses was also seated on the sofa. But what caught my attention the most was the night city view on the huge window.

My lips parted, thinking that the receptionist had made a huge mistake. Inisip ko na baka mali ang naibigay niya sa aking key card. Kaya naman mabilis kong tinalikuran ang lahat para makaalis. I didn't want to spoil a huge surprise which was meant for another person.

However, just as I spun around to leave the room, I suddenly heard a familiar tune playing from a guitar. I stopped on my tracks, and my forehead creaed.

Like in the movies, I saw Isaiah Mallari walked out from the room. His smile reached up to his eyes, straight staring at me while playing his guitar. I even caught a sight of the guitar pick I gave him.

The strumming grew louder as he got closer. For a moment, I thought I was just hallucinating. My heart stopped beating as I forgot to breathe. But then, he started singing which made me realize that it wasn't just a hallucination.

Faded jeans,
Plain tees
You're simple just like that

As my heart continued to do its job after a short pause, its beat followed the rhythm of the song.

Hair's up
With no make-up
You're beautiful just like that

And when you walk into my life
I break a smile
Just like that

He continued walking until we were only a meter away from each other. I couldn't find it in me to look away from his eyes.

You're only half 10 feet
But I can lean on your shoulder
You make everything fine
When my world gets colder

Like the sun in the morning
Like the moon at night
You bring light into my life
Just like that

Lalalalalalala lalalalalalala
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Ohh...

I thought he would end the song, but I was a bit dumbfounded when he continued singing and playing the guitar.

Your eyes
Like the stars
You're shining just like that

And when you walk into my life
I break a smile
Just like that

My lips parted, knowing that he already finished writing the song that he wrote for me as a graduation gift.

Your heart
As pure as white
Your smile
Saved me that night

One look
And I surrender
My heart
Is yours forever

Cause when you walk into my life
I break a smile
Just like that

My eyes were getting blurry as tears started to cloud my vision. My hands were shaking due to excessive happiness. My body wanted move but I was stuck in place.

You're only half 10 feet
But I can lean on your shoulder
You make everything fine
When my world gets colder

Like the sun in the morning
Like the moon at night
You bring light into my life
Just like that

Lalalalalalala lalalalalalala
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh
Ohh...

I love you
Just like that

Once he was done singing the song, his lips slowly showed a smile, making my heart skip a beat. Eyes of hazel stared at mine without shying away.

Unable to say anything, my lips parted to release a breath in surprise and disbelief.

I wasn't over the unexpected event yet, but Isaiah didn't waste any more time. He carefully put the guitar beside the sofa and picked up the bouquet of roses.

Like we weren't close enough for him, he took three more steps, erasing the distance left in between us.

"I finally finished writing the song," he told me, and I could feel that he took pride in the beautiful song he wrote which is dedicated to me. "I don't think I've been very vocal about my feelings for you, so I decided to finish the song in thoughts of finally telling you how I truly feel."

I held his stare as he held mine.

"I believe that I'm not really good at anything else besides writing songs and singing," he said and chuckled a bit. "But I hope my sincerity is enough to make you say yes."

As I pursed my lips, I remembered my struggle last night. I was having a hard time trying to think of ways on how to say yes to him, without knowing that something like this would happen.

"Please accept me, Zendaya..." The way his eyes gaze made me feel like he was pleading for me to say yes. It was brimming with hope and fear at the same time. "Please be my girlfriend..."

Biting my lower lip as a tear finally escaped from my eye, I nodded my head and smiled.

I never imagined that this was how I was going to say yes to him. I tried so hard to think of many ways, but I could only nod my head, smile, and express through my eyes how willing and happy I am to be his girl.

Hindi na nag-abalang ibigay sa akin ni Isaiah ang bulaklak na hinanda. He let go of it and put it back on the sofa as he moved closer to claim me. His arms wrapped around my waist. Ang kanyang isang kamay ay umakyat sa aking ulo na dinala ako patungo sa kanyang dibdib. I felt how his chest rose and fell slowly, while he was taking a deep breath.

Mula nang hinagkan ako ni Isaiah ay hindi niya na ako binitiwan pang muli. We sat in silence beside each other. His hands were still all over me. I smiled quietly, thinking that he was somehow clingy and that made him look a bit cute.

I went here without any expectations that I'd meet him tonight. I was supposed to meet Aya but then...

"Wait!" My thoughts trailed off when I remembered the reason why I came here in the first place.

I broke free from his hold just to face him properly. Isaiah looked startled because of my sudden my movement. He was giving me an innocent look, while I was completely baffled.

"I was supposed to meet with Aya..." I sounded so confused, shaking my head lightly. "But you're here... I don't understand..."

Slowly, a smile touched Isaiah's lips. He leaned his back on the couch and looked at me, his face etched with amusement. There was a teasing glint in his eyes. It was like he was making fun of me.

"What do you think?" he simply asked me, making me more perplexed.

Napakunot ngayon ang aking noo. "Ano ang ibig mong sabihin?"

He smirked and showed me his phone. It was already unlocked. I saw the exchange of conversations I had with Aya. I pulled out his phone from his hand and exited from the conversation box.

I almost gasped when I saw the account profile.

"Ayalovesmusic..." I whispered to myself, then turned to Isaiah again. "You're Aya?"

The times when Aya rejected all the invitations to attend New Classic's events paraded inside my head. It finally made sense why she couldn't show up all the time. She had a lot of excuses that I foolishly believed in, thinking that she was real. I honestly had no idea. I also couldn't understand what I was feeling.

Isaiah smiled apologetically as he slipped his arms around me again. He rested the side of his face on my head. "I'm sorry for lying, babe..."

The endearment he used to address me gave me chills. Agad kong nakalimutan ang pagkabigla at medyo pagkainis sa nalamang katotohanan. He easily disarmed me with his rough but gentle voice.

"Ike told me not to let you find out about it..." he explained. "I had to lie and make excuses."

Napababa naman ulit ang aking mga mata sa cellphone niyang hawak-hawak ko pa rin. I had so many questions running around my head. But I couldn't think straight because he was holding me so close and his touch was doing things to my body.

"I didn't know that I'd be chosen," he said. "I just did it out of boredom when I checked the fanbase account and saw the post. I thought I would not make it to the cut because my answers weren't flattering enough. I was surprised when you told me that I passed the interview."

As I tried to remember his answers on the form and during the interview, I realized it didn't really seem like he was trying enough to please me with his answers. However, that made those answers different from all the rest. It was the most authentic.

"But to be honest, I don't regret trying out," he continued, his voice got softer. "I got to know you more as a person and as a fan who would do anything for the band. I saw your passion and dedication. I felt it. And it was so strong."

His hand crept from my waist to hold my hand. I let go of his phone and let him play with my fingers.

"You are a good and responsible leader. You are kind enough to understand all my stupid excuses and reasons. You never took advantage of your position. You are the kind of person who would always think about other people..." he enumerated all the things he observed about me. "That's how I got to know you as Aya."

Feeling bashful from all the good words I received from him, I bit my lower lip.

"And when I got the chance as the real me..." he trailed off for a second as he focused on intertwining our hands together. "I... I'm in awe to see how strong you are that even though you were also hurting... You still comforted me and gave me a shoulder to lean on. You helped me get through the pain and look at the better outlook in life. You smiled to encourage me like you weren't suffering at all. You made me become a better person that I never thought I could be."

Bumuntong hininga siya at saka umayos sa pagkakaupo, hawak-hawak pa rin ang aking kamay. Napalingon naman ako sa kanya ngayon. He was just tenderly staring at our intertwined fingers.

"It made me admire you so much as a person. I have this feeling that I want to protect and shield you from pain. I want to be always by your side..." he said, then lifted up his head to look at me. "Little did I know that I was slowly falling in love with you at the same time."

Isaiah's lips parted as his eyes traveled down to mine. I saw how his hazel eyes reflected the candlelight. It changed colors―looking like golden brown.

He'd been looking at my lips for a few seconds, now he averted his gaze―up on my eyes and stared at me intently. And when I saw his face drawing nearer, I closed my eyes in anticipation.

It wasn't long after that I felt his lips touched mine. His soft kiss was as light as a feather. I never thought that it felt this good to be kissed by someone you love. Happy thoughts were swirling around my head, taking my innocence away.

I didn't know know where to put my other hand, so I placed it against his chest. Isaiah stopped kissing me for a few seconds and blew a deep breath. I saw passion and lust burning in his eyes.

I thought that was the end of it, but then he bent his head to claim my lips once again. The second time our lips touched, it was the opposite of the first time. He suddenly became needy. He was giving me fiery kisses. His lips burned me that I could feel myself starting to sweat in this chilly suite.

Isaiah's hand slowly crawled up to my body, never breaking our kisses. However, as his hand reached my underboob, he hastily pulled his lips away from mine and put his hand down on my lap.

We were both catching our breaths. I stared into his eyes, and I saw that he looked like he was in pain. Biting and licking his lower lip, he gently rested his forehead against mine.

"Not here..." he whispered huskily. "The first time I'm gonna make love to you should be on my bed... or our bed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.3K 12
Best friend. Nothing more. Nothing less. Just a best friend. Enemies turned to best friends but definitely not lovers | ©2015 - Cover made through CA...
3.2M 120K 34
Tadhana (Self-published)
271K 9.1K 40
Romance, Hatred, Pain