Bloodline (Bakugou Katsuki X...

By VioletArks

L/N Y/N had been the centre of attention during her middle school years. Always being the one others would ta... More

Prologue
Chapter One: The Entrance Exams
Chapter Two: First Day
Chapter Three: Practice
Chapter Four: League of What?
Chapter Five: After
Chapter Six: It's Starting
Chapter Seven: UA Sports Festival #1
Chapter Eight: UA Sports Festival #2
Chapter Nine: UA Sports Festival #3
Chapter Ten: UA Sports Festival #4
Chapter Eleven: UA Sports Festival #5
Chapter Twelve: UA Sports Festival #6
Chapter Thirteen: "Say 'yes'!"
Chapter Fourteen: Hero Names
Chapter Fifteen: Forbidden
Chapter Sixteen: Internships #1
Chapter Eighteen: Internships #3/Preparation
Chapter Nineteen: Katsuki
Chapter Twenty: Studying
Chapter Twenty-One: Gloves
Chapter Twenty-Two: Friends
Chapter Twenty-Three: Practical Exams #1
Chapter Twenty-Four: Practical Exams #2
Chapter Twenty-Five: To The Mall
Chapter Twenty-Six: "Answer Me."
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Training Camp #1
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Training Camp #2
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Training Camp #3
Chapter Thirty: Training Camp #4
Chapter Thirty-One: Warm
Chapter Thirty-Two: Metal
Chapter Thirty-Three: The First Secret
Chapter Thirty-Four: "We'll Be Fine."
Chapter Thirty-Five: Against The World
Chapter Thirty-Six: Dormitory System
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Settle In
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Admiration
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Asking Questions
Chapter Forty: The Second Secret
Chapter Forty-One: Well Acquainted
Chapter Forty-Two: Pick Up The Phone
Chapter Forty-Three: And Another
Chapter Forty-Four: Ground Beta
Chapter Forty-Five: The Big Three
Chapter Forty-Six: City
Chapter Forty-Seven: Waves
Chapter Forty-Eight: The Third Secret
Chapter Forty-Nine: Mask
Chapter Fifty: Brightness
Chapter Fifty-One: Doesn't Matter
Chapter Fifty-Two: The Same
Chapter Fifty-Three: Open Up
Chapter Fifty-Four: UA Culture Festival

Chapter Seventeen: Internships #2

17.1K 641 1.7K
By VioletArks

Word Count: 4575

Dad spent the whole first day showing me around and asking me about my costume. I had explained my weapon easily, since he was the one who trained me to use a bo-staff. However, with my mask and my costume, he seemed a bit confused.

I wore a black tight vest over a normal sleeveless shirt as well as pants, the zipper of my top all the way up my collar and if I looked down enough, the cold steel of the zip would hit my skin. The sleeves of my black body suit stopped at my elbows. The pants were hanging down at the bottom before being bundled up into my boots.

For my bo-staff, I had a small hook-like object attacked to my pants.

My gloves were fingerless. Dad had asked why I didn't just have my fore fingers and middle fingers uncovered because my quirk only required two fingers to touch the material after clapping. I told him that I didn't want to limit my options in case of an emergency.

A few times after I wore my hero costume during our Hero Classes, Mina had asked why I wore so much black. I didn't really have an answer, but the question made me think a lot. I didn't want people to think/know how emo I am/was.

So the next week, the Support Class made me a red overcoat that drew down to my knees. My sleeves went a bit over my hands as the collar was held stiffly up against my neck.

The coat was the same colour of Sorceress. I suppose the Support Course put that into consideration because it looks very similar to hers too.

And finally, my mask. It only covered my eyes the top part of my nose and acted like sunglasses. However, the 'sunglasses' phase was only temporary. The mask's sides stopped at my ears, a small device behind them to hold it in place.

When I would use my quirk, the mask would automatically wrap onto my face and resume its position. When it was done, it would split and retreat back into the small devices behind my ears.

The Support Student informed me of my upgrades when I got the latest version of my suit.

My gloves now hand sensors on my palms, so whenever I clapped it would send a signal to my mask to initiate its action. Then, the sensors would pick up whether or not I used my quirk on a material. If I hadn't yet, the mask wouldn't retreat.

Dad was confused. Very. But after a bit more thought, he understood.

Today was the second day of internships. Dad drove me to Cessation Agency this morning. Mum told us not to be too reckless and for Dad to look after me.

I came back from changing into my hero costume, Tomioka again leading me to Dad's office. When we got there, Dad handing Tomioka and I some papers as he spoke, "Today, we'll be going to visit Mt Lady's agency today. Then, tomorrow, we'll be patrolling around the streets with Best Jeanist."

I widen my eyes a bit. I didn't think I'd have to work alongside Bakugou so quickly in the game.

"Yes, sir." Tomioka and I say back to him.

Dad tells us that we'll be going to Mt Lady's agency right away. It was because her one was further away, and Dad liked doing the hard chores first.

I actually didn't know if anyone interned with Mt Lady.

It only took us about 20 minutes to get to the Pro Hero's agency. Dad told us to walk. Tomioka seemed unfazed, but I had assumed we were going by car because Dad said to get there as soon as possible. So now, Tomioka and I walked behind Dad as civilians waved and called out to him and the Water Hashira.

I had my hood on and pressed my palms against each other to bring up my mask. I didn't always need to be using my quirk in order to use it, as long as I clapped my hands.

"Y/N." Tomioka's voice takes my attention. I look up to him as we keep watching. "Why is it that you're so secretive about your appearance in public?" He asks.

I tug the red material around my neck and sigh, "Well... The Sports Festival is a buzz so I don't really want people recognising me." I smile awkwardly up at Tomioka. "Last time someone picked me out from that event, I was a bit—um... anxious."

Tomioka nods his head before facing forward again. He really did make md feel like I was talking to Todoroki.

A few moments passed and we met up with Mt Lady. We were sent upstairs to the lounge, where we were told Mt Lady was resting.

Dad peered over his shoulder to us. "Remember, it's good to have  connection to other Pro Heroes. It won't be long until Y/N here is a Pro herself, right?" He speaks, grinning at us.

Tomioka and I agree.

He walks in first, standing respectfully as he announced, "Mt Lady, it's good to see you again. How are your wounds from the last fight?"

I followed in after Tomioka as the two of them walk further into the room. I hear Mt Lady say that she was fine and welcome us here. As soon as I was in view, Mt Lady's eyes fall on me.

She stands up from drinking from her cup and tosses the magazine to the couch she was sitting on. She gasped, "Oh, you've got yourself an intern as well! She's from UA, right?"

Dad nods his head as I bow to her. "My name is L/N Y/N, ma'am. It's a pleasure to meet you." I tell her.

When I stand straight again, Dad introduces me as his daughter and the one who came in third at the Sports Festival. Mt Lady then trots her way over to me and waves her hands. "Oh yeah! Kamui was saying how he wanted to get you as his intern at the Sports Festival! Your father was your pick, huh?"

I do recall getting an offer from Woods.

As I go to speak to her, I feel a tug on the back of my coat. It was rather... low.

I turn around, eyes met with nothing before I hear a deleted chuckle, "This is the closest I've ever gotten to a girl's privates..."

I immediately recognise the voice.

My eyes dawn downwards as I see Mineta in a cleaning outfit, red cheeks as he gazes at my body. I gasp, jumping back as I grasp the sides of my overcoat and pulling them together to hide myself, "MINETA! Y—You little piece of—"

Tomioka steps in front of me, drawn sword pointing at Mineta's face. The purple boy looks scared as Tomioka's blade draws closer and closer threateningly, as he speaks lowly, "Do not get any more closer to her."

Dad pulls me back and mutters out, "And who is this one?" He smiles at the boy falsely, glaring the whole time.

Mt Lady waves her hands as she walks passed us. "Just my intern. Don't mind him." She tells us, whacking him upside the head, "I'll whip him into shape for the Pro Hero world soon."

Mineta's eyes sparkled. "Whip?"

I scowled quietly in disgust.

Dad patted his sidekick's shoulder. "Ease it down, Tomioka. He's just an intern. For now." He says to him.

Tomioka waits a moment before lowering his weapon. "Yes, sir." He speaks, keeping his eye on my classmate. He moves aside and takes his place beside me, allowing me to finally relax and shove my hands into my pockets.

"I apologise, ma'am." Tomioka speaks. He bows towards Mt Lady, who shakes it off without a thought.

"Oh, don't worry about it, Hashira." She spoke, crossing her arms, "Mineta's going to be doing some hard labour after we're done here."

Dad didn't want to stay that long. After introducing me and explaining my abilities, Mt Lady did the same for Mineta except in less detail. She seemed uninterested, as well as Dad. So after about 15 minutes, we took our leave.

"Let's start patrolling around here for an hour or two. Then we'll head back to our place." Dad says as we group outside the building of Mt Lady's, "Do either of you want to stop for a drink or a bite to eat?"

I pulled my hood over my head and put my mask on again, moving closer to Dad as people pass us, whispering about Cessation.

Tomioka keeps his hands at his sides and answers, "A drink would be fine, Sir."

Dad nods his head. He then turns to me. I reply, "Sure thing. Will it be okay for us to take a break during patrols?" Dad then let out a chuckle.

"Oh, trust me. Patrolling around these areas is usually fine. Only a few attempted murders or someone trying to steal something." He admits with a shrug of his shoulder.

'Attempted murder'?

Dad led us to a cafe on our way around the block. He said it was one of his favourites. So when we walked in, the staff instantly recognised him and spoke out, "The regular order?" Dad nodded his head with a cheery smile.

They gave Dad his coffee before asking us what we wanted to drink. Tomioka asked for some tea and I ordered something for myself. It didn't take long for us to get our beverages, Dad offering to pay before Tomioka and I could fish out our wallets.

"So..." Dad speaks up as we sit down to drink, "Have you picked out a hero name yet?"

I choke on my beverage. I cover my mouth and pat my chest, trying to ease the burning I felt. I cleared my throat before asking, "I—It isn't on the papers you have on me?"

He shakes his head, sipping his coffee. I look over to Tomioka in front of me. He puts his tea down and says, "We received your file as soon as you took the internship. As far as I'm concerned, it said you were yet to pick a name."

"Oh..." I whisper to myself as I stare down at my lap before looking up again, "Well then, my hero is 'Alchemist'."

Dad raises his brows. "'Alchemist? Huh, that's a nice hero name." He states, leaning back a bit, "So what's the story behind that?"

Dad's hero name, 'Cessation', meant the process of something ending. Dad could take away someone's ability to speak for the rest of their lives if he wanted. I was told that he didn't pick his hero name though, that it was one of his classmates that did so.

I fumble with my fingers. "I thought it fit my quirk. Y'know... Like how Aunt Yori's name was 'Sorceress'?" I inform him, sneaking a look to the floor, "Midnight told us that if we were to name ourselves after a past hero, we should wear it with pride and uphold their image."

"So you named yourself to pay homage to Sorceress?"

"Yes." I answer Tomioka.

The sidekick then turns his head to my father and then me again. "It sounds as if most of your family were heroes at some point." He states, "Your father told me he met your mother during his time as an intern when he was a Third Year at UA."

I smile at myself before sipping my drink. "Yeah, my mother went to a different high school. She focused more on her education rather than her quirk, which is why she's a teacher." I tell Tomioka.

He nods his head. "I see. And I can assume you're following in your father's footsteps." He glances at my dad, who's just been listening in to our conversation.

I stare at the two of them for a moment before nodding my head. "Of course."

Dad looks as if he wants to ask something. But he holds back.

Instead, he sips his coffee.

We spent the rest of the day patrolling around. Luckily, nothing major happened. Just a small armed robbery, to which Dad took down immediately without our help.

As we stood by, I had asked Tomioka why he chose to be Dad's sidekick.

"I don't mean anything rude by it, T—Tomioka!" I wave my hands frantically, "It's just... When I first saw you on TV last year, I thought it was your debut as a solo Pro Hero, but then Dad introduced you as his sidekick."

I twirl my fingers in the material of my overcoat. "I never would've guessed his main sidekick would be the silent, calm type. I thought he'd pair up with someone like, uh, Fatgum for example." I tell Tomioka, trying not to sound harsh, "So why did you become Dad's sidekick?"

Tomioka glances down to me for a second before back up to Dad, who was trying to talk the robber into surrendering. Something in his eyes looked... proud.

"Your father reminds me of someone I know." He speaks, calm expression as Dad dodges the futile attacks by the criminal, "The both of them are incredibly bright and talkative, and perhaps don't make the best decisions out of battle."

I shurg my shoulders, kind of agreeing with him.

"However, when needed, they're serious and able to make quick decisions." He adds in.

Tomioka tilts his head down to me as I look up to him. "I look up to Cessation as much as you do, I suppose." He speaks, a small jump in his voice at the end, "He doesn't demand respect, but he receives it so easily, even though he's been the No. 11 Pro Hero for around a year now."

I watch as Dad restrains the criminal, a crowd of people hoarding around him. Tomioka and I stood across the street from him. Dad's face was concentrated, hands holding the thief's arms against their back. The people around Dad praised him happily.

"You speak very highly of my dad." I say to Tomioka, "You sound almost like you'd rather be a sidekick than a solo Pro Hero."

I smile at Tomioka. He nods his head, replying to me, "That's true. I'd learn more from your father than if I had created my own agency."

I hum back, "Yeah, I get it. You look up to him a lot. I'd say you made a good choice, Tomioka."

"Of course." Tomioka replies as police come along and handcuff the criminal, "And you sound as if you appreciate your aunt just as much."

I tilt my head down and stare at the floor as I touch my overcoat.

"Yeah, I do."

The Next Day . . .

We drove straight to Best Jeanist's agency today. It felt kind of weird sitting in front of the car beside my father when Tomioka was in the back. 

Usually, Dad would ask me to sit in the back when someone older than me would catch a ride with us.

He held his blade on his lap and stared forward to the road ahead. He only spoke when Dad would ask him questions or if something important came to mind. He didn't mind what music we put on or if Dad would talk personally about him.

"We'll be getting to the agency soon." Dad claims.

Tomioka suddenly speaks up over the quiet music, "Do you think Cessation Agency will be okay without your supervision, sir?"

There's a sense of worry in his voice. More-so than my own father.

Dad waves his hand as he turns the corner. He replies with a smile, "Oh, of course it'll be fine. I left Insect in charge, so things will be okay." I turn my head to Dad, he doesn't look concerned at all.

But when I look over my shoulder to Tomioka, he slouches his shoulders and sighs, "Shinobu shouldn't handle such a large role, sir."

I look to the window beside me, seeing people walk by and enter different buildings. Only a few minutes had to pass for us to stand in front of Best Jeanist's agency.

We were told to wait outside, as Best Jeanist would meet with us. Dad, in the meantime, was on a phone call as I stood awkwardly to the side, Tomioka a few feet away from me in silence.

When the doors swung open to Best Jeanist's agency, we were met with the said Pro Hero, behind him being a certain angry blonde.

"Sorry for the wait." Best Jeanist apologises, "I just needed to talk to my sidekicks for a moment. Are we going on patrol now?"

Tomioka gestures to my dad. "Cessation will only take a few more minutes. He said it was an important phone call." He explains.

Best Jeanist nods his head, continuing to speak with the Water Hashira. I set my gaze on Bakugou, who had his hair... flattened down.

I cover my giggles, grasping my overcoat and using the collar to hold against my mouth. The pure sight of him was enough to make me laugh so hard.

Bakugou's usually spiky, wild blonde hair was now combed smoothly and patted down into a side part. His red eyes glared into mine as he scowled loudly, "What the Hell are you laughing at, punk?"

"Oh, nothing." I say, dropping my hands and the overcoat, "You look like a doll."

At the insult, Bakugou releases his quirk and stomps towards me angrily.

As I stepped back with a wide smile and my hands up, a flash of two patterns jumps in front of me. Tomioka keeps his hand on his blade's handle, getting into a stance.

"Who's this asshole?" Bakugou scoffs out.

I look just over his shoulder to see Best Jeanist restraining Bakugou with his quirk, sighing out, "This one will take more time than the rest to perfect. I apologise on his behalf."

Tomioka's shoulders rest as he relaxes his form, hand off his weapon as Best Jeanist releases Bakugou. "Is this your new intern?" He questions Best Jeanist.

The Pro nods his head and as if just on time, Dad walks up to us. "Good morning, Best Jeanist, Bakugou." He chimes happily, "Now, are we going to start patrolling or what?"

"Yes, we are." The denim hero announces, hand on his hip, "Bakugou and I will take the west-side end of the district, and I trust you three to watch over the east-side." He glances down at Bakugou, who clicks his tongue and looks away.

Dad then holds up a hand. "Actually, Best Jeanist, I was hoping Y/N could patrol with you today." He speaks up.

"What?" I say, along with Bakugou who uses more depth and irritation.

Dad pats my shoulder and speaks to Best Jeanist, "Trust me, you won't have to worry about her. She's going to be fine, you can handle anything thrown at you, right?" He smiles widely.

Best Jeanist still looks wary.

Dad then slouches his shoulders. "I just need to speak with Tomioka. It's very important." Dad claims, pointing a finger at his sidekick, who seems a bit surprised.

Best Jeanist sighs out then, "Okay, fine. I'll take her with me. We'll meet back here at 4, like always."

Dad waves 'goodbye' to me as Tomioka nods. I wave back and watch them walk away.

I wonder what they're going to talk about that I couldn't know.

"Let's start walking now." Best Jeanist says.

"Oh—Yes, sir." I follow behind him, a few paces in front of flat-haired Bakugou.

"So are you enjoying the internship with your father?" The Pro questions, not looking back to me.

I look up to him as I play with the coat around me. "Yes, sir. My father's been sparring with me and has put me against Tomioka's once." I state, watching as fans called out to Best Jeanist.

"That's good." He tells me, moving out of the way for other walkers, "Now, I just need to ask. Why are you wearing your hood? It's pretty warm out now."

I clench the fabric around my head. "I—I don't exactly like being recognised that often, Sir." I inform the Pro, hearing a click of someone's tongue behind me.

Best Jeanist hums back, "Okay. But shouldn't you be proud if someone recognises you? That means you've been able to make an image of yourself." He stops on his tracks and looks at me over his shoulder. "It's up to you to decide how that image is taken."

With that, he continues on. Bakugou scoffs, walking passed me with his frown and irritated look. Best Jeanist stood proudly in his costume, not afraid if people tormented him on it.

Same with Bakugou. I had wondered why his gauntlets were the size of his waist, maybe bigger. When I asked him about it a couple weeks after our first hero class, he shot me back with 'why are you dressing up like the Grim Reaper?'. I ended not to commenting on his outfit any further.

I pressed my lips into a thin line before pulling down my hood. After feeling the breeze against my cheeks and neck, I press my palms together and remove my mask. It felt like a whole new world.

I look around, the lighter shade of everything making me wince a bit. But I stare at my surroundings, then at the Pro Hero and the classmate getting further away from me.

I start walking towards them.

I'll shape my own image.

Holy shit, Bakugou's wearing jeans. And he looks really good in those jeans.

I stare at him as I'm walking towards the two. Focus! Y/N, focus!

Bakugou glances over his shoulder. "Stop dragging the weight, you bastard." He shouts, making Best Jeanist restrain him and tell him off.

I running towards them, falling into place with my classmate. I clear my throat.

"So was it your choice for the denim or—"

"Shut the Hell up, extra."

15 Minutes Later . . .

Best Jeanist was in charge of distributing small acts of justice between Bakugou and I. Little things like helping a person bring their groceries to their car or up the stairs, helping an elderly cross the street, even assisting a lost child to find their parent.

Right now, I was with an elderly woman who needed help carrying her suitcase up the stairs. I held the large bag up the steps, making sure to keep another hand out just in case she needed help up.

"How kind of you, young lady." The woman says as we're halfway up the stairs, "I always knew the youth could adopt such thoughtful actions." She smiles at me as if I was the only good person in the world.

"It's not a problem, Ma'am. I'm happy to help." I reply, setting the suitcase down on the top step, "Is there anything else you need assistance with?"

The woman shakes her head. I bow politely, excusing myself before I feel a tug on my overcoat. I look behind me to see the woman.

"Actually, I have a question." She speaks, gentle tone in her voice, "That boy over there with the neat hair, by the Pro Hero, he was about to help me, yes?"

She's referring to a few minutes ago. Best Jeanist sent out Bakugou to help the woman as I was giving a foreigner directions to the nearest cafe. When I came back, Bakugou was arguing with Best Jeanist a bit, saying it was below him.

He ended up stomping towards the elderly lady before shouting out in a rough voice 'do you need helping carrying your heavy suitcase, which looks like you couldn't even haul around yourself? Don't you have someone who does that shit for you?'.

Best Jeanist face-palmed, sighed out irritatingly and sent me out to help the woman.

I smile at her. "Yes, he was. But you see, my friend isn't exactly the most civilised hero in training." I chuckle nervously, scratching the back of my head, "I apologise, Ma'am, but Best Jeanist is giving his all to make sure he becomes well-mannered."

She waves her hand. "Oh, boys. Always wanting to seem all high and mighty." She claims, grinning at me, "Do me a favour and polish him down, hm?"

I widened my eyes a bit before nodding my head, bowing again. "Will do, Ma'am." I say before taking my leave.

When I'm jogging down the stairs, I find Bakugou facing away from Best Jeanist with a scowl. The Pro Hero is watching me before tilting his head. "That was a job well done. You'll be a great local hero in a few years, L/N."

"Thank you, sir."

"Bakugou, take notes."

"Tch. Whatever."

We keep walking down the path, lesser and lesser problems popping up as we stray further from the center of the city. As Bsst Jeanist walked in front of us, I would try to strike up a conversation with Bakugou. To no avail.

I hold my hands behind my back, under my coat, as Bakugou walks about half a step in front of me. I hum, "What do you think Cessation and the Water Hashira are talking about?"

I was curious myself. I can't help it.

"Tch, why the Hell would I care?" He grunts back, turning his head to me, "He's your old man, ain't he?"

Oh? He remembered?

"I guess you're right..." I say, looking to the street beside me as cars pass and people call to Best Jeanist again and again.

Suddenly, Bakugou speaks up, a slight jump in his voice, "Who is that guy, anyway? The emo-looking one."

With that hairstyle, he shouldn't be talking.

I turn back to him, now in pace with his. I raise a brow, answering as if it was obvious, "Tomioka? You know, he's the Water Hashira. Cessation's sidekick for, like, a year now."

Bakugou rubs his temple and groans in response, "No, dumbass, that's not what I meant. I'm not freaking stupid." He points his finger to me. "Why was he acting all mighty protecting you from me?"

I furrow my brows, then realise he's talking about when Tomioka nearly drew his blade on him earlier. I scratch my neck. "I don't know. Dad must've told him to look after me." I claim before smirking, "What? Jealous, Bakugou?"

He barks back at me, "OF COURSE NOT! I WILL FIGHT YOU, THAT BASTARD IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF ME BEATING YOUR SORRY ASS!" He holds a fist my way, trying to threaten me.

I roll my eyes and wave him off with my hand. "Please, if after the entrance exam we have some time, then I'll fight you again." I explain to him.

"You trying to say fighting me is some past time for you?" He asks me, twitching eye as his flattened hair swooshes in the wind.

I glance at him tiredly and point out, "That's not what I said. You're literally putting words in my mouth, Bakugou."

Best Jeanist's voice emerges. "Remember, heroes must always be aware of their surroundings. Don't be so distracted by everything you two." He warns up, crossing the street as we trail behind.

Bakugou rolls his eyes, hair fluttering over his forehead as he turns away.

"Yes sir!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 54.2K 60
"Any last words Hero?" "Do you like to breathe?" [Y/n] transfers to UA in her second year and quickly solidifies her position as one to watch, especi...
215K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed •Intro •30 chapters •Hal...
261 6 13
(y/n) (l/n) wants to be a hero. Her family is broke and her dad's in jail, but she applies to UA's hero course nonetheless, along with her best frien...
199K 8.9K 60
{{UNDERGOING RE-EDITING}} [This book contains: •Strong language •Fluff so sweet it'll rot your teeth •Gore •Sexual content] Living a normal life had...