Cold Water

By Cheppakkarla

When two people with different personalities are forced to be together. It is not an easy thing, but it is n... More

Part 00 - Summary
Part 01 - First Impression
Character Introduction
Part 02 - Meet With Rival
Part 03 - Something Wrong
Part 04 - Bowl of Soup
Part 05 - That's strange
Part 06 - Little thing called Happiness
Part 07 - Not Sleeping Beauty
Part 08 - Realized
Part 09 - Investigation 1
Part 10 - Investigation 2
Part 11 - Investigation 3
Part 12 - Lost in The Woods 1
Part 13 - Lost in The Woods 2
Part 14 - Something (not) Good
Part 15 - Smile on Your Face
Part 16 - Sweet Memories
Part 18 - Nightmare

Part 17 - Dinner

1.9K 112 42
By Cheppakkarla

°

Yibo put his motorcycle in the garage. Zhan, who was sitting in the back seat, got off when Yibo stopped his bike. Then as usual Zhan took off his helmet and Yibo's,then gave a slight ruffle on the brown mane. Yibo huffed a little before setting it again in the bike's mirror.

In the afternoon after they finished their work, Yibo decided to take Zhan to his home. Zhan initially wanted to refuse, saying there is no reason for his visit. But Yibo forced and convinced Zhan that if he could meet with Yibo's father, he may get some information about their work. In the end, Zhan decided to obey Yibo's will.

Yibo pulled Zhan's hand excitedly after he set his hair to somewhat decent level. Zhan was quite shocked by Yibo's behavior recalling the incident a few weeks ago when Yibo was still being cold to him. Yes indeed, it is also his own fault because he cannot recognize Yibo, but who will recognize someone after almost 20 years you have never met. Especially at that time Yibo was still very small and cute, very different from the tall adult he is now. And Zhan admits that he is quite handsome even though there was still a glint of cuteness and sweetness hidden.

Zhan follows Yibo letting his hand be pulled by Yibo. He shook his head smiling. While Yibo walks in eagerly into his house without caring for Zhan who walks a little as a result of himself.

The servants were seen bowing as they saw Yibo entering the living room, Yibo only nodded without looking at them while Zhan took the time to bow to greet him.

Zhan never thought that Yibo's family would be this rich. He was quite surprised by Yibo's very large and luxurious home, anyone would think that Yibo's house is not a house but a hotel. Every detail and decoration there even looks very expensive. Moreover, many waiters were seen walking around preparing food.

There are lots of photos large to small with pictures of Yibo as a child to several photos with faces that are foreign to Zhan. There is also a family photo with Yibo being with 4 other unfamiliar faces.

"What is the occasion?" Zhan asked as he passed the dining room with a large amount of food on the table.

"I don't know," Yibo said, still pulling Zhan's hand towards the back garden with a large swimming pool.

Finally Yibo stopped when he saw the back of a man who was standing facing the pond.

Zhan, whose hand just escaped Yibo's hand, somehow felt empty. But he immediately shook his head slowly and followed where Yibo was looking.

"Captain. We have arrived" Yibo said in a cold tone.

Zhan who didn't understand Yibo's intentions immediately approached Yibo.

"Captain?" Zhan whispered.

Suddenly the man behind them both turned around. From the first look, the man was firm and authoritative, and the man's face still looked handsome even though he must be likely in his 50s.

"You haven't looked this happy for a long time, what happened?" The man looked at Yibo then looked at Zhan. Zhan immediately bowed.

"I brought gege here. Do you remember? The one who found me when you accidentally left me?" Said Yibo with enthusiasm.

The middle-aged man who was none other than Yibo's father looked at Zhan carefully. Zhan only smiled awkwardly when the new middle-aged man looked at him intensely.

"So he finally recognizes you?" Yibo's dad asked. Yibo nodded happily. Yibo's dad smiled and walked up to them.

"I am very happy to be able to meet you again, especially Yibo. He must have been waiting a long time like this now,"  Yibo's father patted Zhan on the shoulder.

"What do you mean Mr. Wang?" Zhan was confused.

"You can ask Yibo yourself, for sure we are quite happy because some of your memories have returned."

"Right sir. I am undergoing some treatment so that my memory is completely restored. Many things when I was with Yibo at that time then, I seemed to forget it accidentally and I think there must be a reason behind my memory was suddenly lost at that time."

Zhan was not surprised when Yibo's father mentioned the amnesia problem he was experiencing.

"We have a doctor you can trust if you need help."

"With pleasure, Mr. Wang."

"Of course we will help because your memories are valuable"

Zhan just smiled and nodded slowly.

"Dad. Can we leave for a moment?"

Yibo's dad nodded.

"The waiter will call you when the food is ready."

And they both left.

Zhan was quite surprised by the gentle attitude of Yibo's father. There is no attitude or the slightest arrogance considering who they are. Even so besides Yibo's father's gentle demeanor, Zhan could see that there was still a firm and authoritative attitude there.

Zhan almost laughed when he remembered Yibo's authoritative attitude some time ago, but for some reason that attitude immediately disappeared after Zhan recognized Yibo.

"What is wrong?" Yibo asked when he saw Zhan secretly smiling.

"Nothing. I think you are very good at acting!!"

"Acting?"

"You're very good at hiding your feelings. Where did you learn that kind of thing?" Zhan clarified.

"Of course from Seungyoun hyung, he taught me when we were in military school," Yibo said.

"He also went to military school?" Zhan was quite surprised.

"Yes. But he decided to work as a private detective instead of regular one like us."

Yibo pulled Zhan's hand and took him into a room.

Zhan just realized that Yibo invited him into a library with shelves of books. On the high wooden shelves, each book is neatly arranged. So neat that you would think that this is a public library that is specially managed so that you can read and find whatever book you are looking for.

"Sit down."

Yibo showed Zhan where there are two chairs with a wooden table in the middle. Zhan was astonished by a wooden clock as high as 2 meters, almost similar to the clock hw had seen in Miss Xuan Lu's shop a few weeks ago.

"What are you doing, Bo-di?"

Zhan asked when Yibo was busy looking for something.

"Wait a minute, Zhan-ge. I'll show you right away," Yibo said as he carried a number of newspapers and papers with several articles.

Yibo held out the article he had just brought to the table and sat in a chair in front of Zhan.

"What is this?"

"These are old articles that I have collected since I graduated from high school, there are many things that I feel are related to the case that we are currently handling," Yibo said pushing the article for Zhan to read it.

|| The wife of a conglomerate was found dead tragically, evidence leading to murder. ||

"This article has been around for a long time, even this case hasn't been solved until now. Why are you so sure if this case is related to the case we're working on?"

"Read more" Yibo said.

|| The murder case of a conglomerate's wife has been decided to be closed due to family requests. ||

"Do you know who is the victim of the murder?" Yibo asked.

"Mrs. Wang?" Zhan gasped, as he darted his eyes to see Yibo with a wry smile.

"Yes. She's my mother."

Zhan immediately grabbed Yibo's hand, hoping to channel some help to Yibo.

"I'm okay. Even though I was quite beaten and almost crazy because of the tragic departure of my mother, but my goal now is to find who killed my mother at that time. If necessary I will kill him when I find him" Yibo said releasing Zhan's grasp. Zhan held his breath when he saw a strange aura emerge from Yibo as he was talking about his mom.

Zhan got up from his chair then walked towards Yibo and immediately embraced him from back. He was hugging Yibo's neck while the younger remained silent.

"Don't be rash, Gege will help you to find who they are. But keep doing everything according to the law, let's not take the wrong actions that actually hurt us instead" Zhan whispered with his head on Yibo's shoulder.

"Gege. Please try to remember quickly about what happened at that time, because you are the strongest witness." Yibo said in a cold tone.

"The mark on your back, is that their doing?" Zhan asked.

Yibo paused for a moment, then nodded without speaking.

" What happened?"

"Will this be okay? I'm afraid if it's too fast and will actually hurt you" Yibo asked with a concerned look.

"I will say if it hurts"

Zhan rubbed his nose against Yibo's neck. Somehow he felt Yibo missed him even though he was with Yibo right now.

"So..."

"Bo-ge, father called you to hurry to the dining room." Suddenly a man of Yibo's age interrupted them from behind the door.

Zhan who was shocked by the intrusion immediately distanced himself from Yibo.

"I think we should go there for now." Zhan smiled awkwardly.

"Fine. I'll take care of this first so that the GeGe can read it later." Yibo's tone clearly sounded disappointed.

"Let me help you faster"

After cleaning up the articles, they immediately headed to the dining room.

Once there, they noticed the table is full and there are many foreign faces making Zhan feel a little awkward. Yibo who knew the awkwardness of Zhan immediately pulled him to sit next to him.

"Hi, Mr. Xiao Zhan, we meet again," said Zhuo Xuan who happened to be sitting opposite to him. Zhan only smiled in response.

"Xiao Zhan, please sit down. Make yourself comfortable." Said a middle-aged woman who sat near Mr. Wang.

"Thank you, madam. With pleasure."

"I think we should introduce ourselves to Xiao Zhan" Mr. Wang suggested.

"I am Mrs. Wang, I am Yibo's stepmother. They are Yibo's half-brothers." Mrs. Wang pointed to two boys who were sitting next to her.

"Then they are prospective in-laws and future wife of Yibo." continued Mrs. Wang.

Xiao Zhan fell silent at the last sentence. Yibo who realized it patted his thigh slowly. Once he relaxed, Zhan smiled.

"My name is Xiao Zhan, I am Yibo's co-worker. I am very happy to meet you all," Xiao Zhan introduced himself stiffly, making some people there giggle.

"Gosh, isn't he very handsome and sweet?" Zhuo Xuan's mom cooed.

"Right, if only Yibo had a sister, I would have set her up with Xiao Zhan" Mrs. Wang said with a grin.

Zhan bit his lower lip hearing their chatter.

"Mama, shall we start the dinner?" Yibo asked suddenly.

"Ah yes. Of course. Let's enjoy the food."

After they finished eating and talked about a few things Zhan decided to go to the bathroom first. When he came out of the bathroom, he was quite surprised that someone was waiting for him in front of the bathroom. Moreover, Zhan does not really know who that person is even though he is Yibo's half-brother.

"Mr. Xiao Zhan, or Xiao Zhan?" The man asked him suddenly.

"Ah, you can't just call me Xiao Zhan," Zhan said, smiling.

"Wang Hao Xuan, Yibo's step brother." The man extended his hand.

"Nice to meet you" 

Hao Xuan smiled showing his canine as he took back his hand.

"So, what do you actually do?" Hao Xuan said.

Zhan is quite confused with the person in front of him right now, usually people will ask about where their home is or where they came from when they first met. Especially considering his rather complicated work, he had to be a little careful with the questions given to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't listen when you introduced yourself earlier," Hao Xuan clarified.

Oh. Apparently he didn't listen. Zhan thinks he is too negative about Hao Xuan.

Zhan intends to answer right before Yibo suddenly comes and calls him.

"Gege. Daddy is looking for you," Yibo said, standing directly in the middle of Xiao Zhan and Hao Xuan.

"Ah really? Then let's go there," Zhan nodded at Hao Xuan before leaving.

"I'll follow, you go first."

"OK"

After Zhan walked away, there was only Hao Xuan and Yibo who were staring at each other fiercely.

"Don't mess with what's MINE" Yibo glared.

"It should be me to say that, DON'T MESS WITH OTHERS WHEN YOU ALREADY HAVE SOMEONE"

Hao Xuan stormed off, leaving Yibo who remained silent.

On his way, he crushed the glass in his hand until it broke, making his hands red with blood.

He stared at the laughing figure longingly before going to his room in long strides, biting back his emotions.

°

Wang Hao Xuan

Wang Yibo's half-brother

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619K 31.4K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...
85.6K 3K 51
"๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก, ๐๐š๐ซ๐ž, ๐ฌ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง ๐›๐จ๐ญ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐›๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, ๐ˆ ๐ค๐ง๐จ๐ฐ ๐€๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ญ๐ฅ๐ž" ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ Caitlin Clark fa...
138K 4.9K 39
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
238K 7K 81
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...