It All Started With Him ✓

By NeedMyCoffee

"You really think we could make this work?" "Well we never know unless we try." ------------- In which Jade W... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten

Chapter Three

735 15 14
By NeedMyCoffee

[3]

Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it," Freddie said, standing up and heading to the door to open it.

"Sam? Cat?"

Jade sat up straighter from her place on the couch, looking to see Sam and Cat in the doorway.

"Yeah, now let us in," Sam demanded harshly, and Freddie moved out of the way so they could come in.

Cat immediately squealed when she saw Jade sitting on the couch. "Jadey! Hi!"

Jade gave her best friend a small smile. "Hey kitty."

Sam let out a loud sigh and shot Jade a glare, then looked to Freddie. "What the hell is she doing here? In your apartment?"

Freddie sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose in irritation. "She needs a place to crash for a while. Besides, she's my friend, Sam."

Sam huffed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Fine, whatever. Freddie, I want to get back together."

Cat frowned as she stared at her lap from her seat next to Jade. Jade rolled her eyes and picked her nails, a part of her hoping he would say no.

A small frown formed on Freddie's lips. "I broke up with you, Sam. We're better off as just friends."

"Is it because of her?" Sam asked, jabbing her finger at the raven haired beauty. "Do you like her or something? Is that why you don't want to get back together with me?"

"She isn't the reason," Freddie scowled at the blonde in front of him. "I've already told you, we weren't working out. This whole boyfriend and girlfriend thing just isn't my thing. I don't want to get back together with you, I'm sorry."

Sam averted her gaze to the floor, muttering, "it's fine, whatever. I hope you have fun with your new girlfriend. Cat, let's go."

Cat jumped up from the couch, shot Jade an apology look, then followed Sam out the door.

As soon as the door closed, Freddie began pounding his fists against the walls, shouting things Jade couldn't understand.

"Freddie! Freddie, stop! You're gonna hurt yourself!" She hopped up and ran to him, grabbing his arm before he could hurt himself more, or break the wall.

Freddie looked down at the raven haired beauty, her eyes fearful. He shook her grip off of his arm and left without another word.

~•~•~

About an hour later, Freddie was still cooped up in his room, doing god knows what.

Jade went to his room and knocked on his door, earning no reply.

So she walked in anyways.

"Freddie?" She questioned in a soft voice, seeing the brown-eyed boy curled up in his bed, staring at the wall in silence.

"I'm sorry, about everything," she said. She knew she would be a burden to him. She caused all of this.

He didn't respond.

"I really am sorry," she repeated softly. "I-I'll grab my things and get out of your hair."

Again, no response.

Before she could walk out the door, Freddie spoke.

"What are you sorry for, exactly?" He asked, still staring at the wall opposite of her. "You don't have anything to be sorry about. The break-up between Sam and I had nothing to do with you, so don't listen to her. You're not leaving, Jade. I'm not mad at you, so stay."

"Freddie, I- "

"Stay."

Jade sighed, nodding as she turned away and left him alone in his bedroom.

~•~•~

"The Scissoring is obviously the best horror movie of all time," Jade said confidently as she licked the coffee flavored ice cream off of her spoon.

Freddie laughed, shaking his head at her. "No way, that movie has so much gore it made me puke the first time I watched it. Dead serious."

Jade let out an amused chuckle as she watched the brown-eyed boy lick his own ice cream off his spoon. "That's what makes it so good."

The pair had went out for icecream about twenty minutes after she left the boy alone in his bedroom. They patched things up, even though there wasn't really anything to patch up, and they were cool again.

"I think the best movie is Tangled," he said, finishing up his cherry and vanilla ice cream. "Or maybe Mulan."

Jade snorted. "We're talking about horror movies, not Disney movies."

Freddie quirked an eyebrow. "I hate horror movies. I told ya I'm more of a Disney fantasy guy."

Jade rolled her eyes playfully at him and licked the last bite of ice cream from her spoon. "Wussy."

"Very true."

The pair both went up to the register and Freddie paid for their ice creams, even though Jade specifically told him not to. But did he listen? No way.

The guy at the register let his gaze fall on Jade. "Will that be all?"

Freddie noticed the guy's eyes on Jade and he nodded. "Yes, that will be all. Thanks."

The guy, who had ashy blonde hair and blue eyes, continued to stare at Jade, asking, "What about my number, beautiful?"

Jade laughed humorlessly. "I don't think my boyfriend here would like that very much. Sorry, not sorry."

The guy scowled at them as Jade grabbed Freddie's hand, pulling him out of the ice cream place and to his car.

"So I'm your boyfriend now, eh?" Freddie raised an eyebrow, a smile tugging at his lips as he started the car.

Jade rolled her eyes at the handsome techno nerd. "Oh please. I only said that as an excuse."

Freddie chuckled, but couldn't help but feel a little bummed. "Sure you did."

He hated how he liked the word boyfriend coming from her lips. When Sam used to introduce him to people as her boyfriend, he practically hated how that word sounded coming from her mouth. But with Jade, it was different.

He didn't know how to feel at this point.

The brown-eyed boy started the drive back to his place as Jade stared out the window, and he wanted so bad to lace her fingers with his. To just hold her hand.

She wouldn't mind it, right?

He bit his lip and moved his hand to hers, grabbing her hand and lacing his fingers through hers.

Jade didn't even look at him. Just held his hand.

That's what they had both been wanting.

"How bout," the Seattleite spoke, looking at the raven haired beauty beside him. "Instead of going back to my apartment, we drive somewhere?"

She looked back at him. "Where?"

"You'll see."

"I hate surprises."

"It'll be worth it, I promise."

He started driving to his favorite spot in Las Angeles. He had only been to LA a couple times, but there's one particular spot he had longed to go back to.

Pulling up to an empty parking lot, they both got out of his red mustang and Jade followed him to wherever he wanted to go.

They stopped at a big, green, grassy hill and Freddie sat down, curling his knees to his chest as Jade did the same.

The hill was so tall they could see everything.

"This is beautiful," Jade breathed, her eyes on the breathtaking view in front of them.

Freddie smiled, looking at the beautiful girl beside him. "It really is."

She scooted closer to the boy beside her and laid her head on his shoulder, which he didn't object as they just stared at the gorgeous view.

Again, they could get used to this.

Definitely.

~•~•~

They spent hours on the hill, watching the sunset until it became completely dark.

Jade had fell asleep on Freddie's shoulder, which he just chuckled at. He gently lifted the sleeping girl in his arms and carried her back to his car.

He buckled her in and got into the driver's seat, starting the car and driving back home.

He arrived at his apartment and carried her up the stairs, unlocked the door, and carried her inside and to his bed.

The brown-eyed boy tucked her in after slipping off her shoes, not bothering with her clothes. They were comfortable enough anyway.

Smiling softly, he left the room and gently closed the door behind him.

He felt content.

She's pretty cute when she's asleep, he thought silently to himself, a grin gracing his lips as he poured himself a glass of orange juice. Today was a good day.

Grabbing the remote, he flopped onto the couch and switched on the TV, taking sips of his orange juice contently.

It was his usual routine. Watch TV all day. So it felt nice being able to go out with someone, and have a great day.

He had never been able to do that with Sam.

Sure, Jade and Sam were pretty alike. They both loved horror movies. They both were cruel and scary when they wanted to be. They both had basically all the same interests, and they both weren't easy.

But there was just something so different about Jade...she was sweet when she wanted to be. She was amazing to hang out with. Even if she didn't want to watch a Disney movie that Freddie wanted to watch, she did anyway. For him.

Sam never was like that.

She never once cared about what he wanted.

He didn't want easy. Sam wasn't easy, but she just wasn't right for him. She never was.

Freddie didn't want too easy, but he didn't want too difficult, either. Jade wasn't easy. But she wasn't difficult.

Everything he wanted in a girl.

Do I like her? He questioned in his head, furrowing his brows in confusion. I can't, right? I mean, we've only hung out for a day...I don't know that much about her yet.

He shook it off and stared at the TV, but wasn't paying the slightest attention to whatever was playing. He felt too...off.

Was it a crush?

Did he really like her like that?

Did she feel the same way?

"No," he whispered, shaking his head. "We're just friends. That's all we are."

Then why did it feel so good to hold her hand?

To look into her beautiful blue-green eyes?

To just have a conversation with her?

We're just friends.

That's all we are.

And that was all they would ever be.

----------

Enjoy the chapter? I hope you did!

Votes and comments appreciated!

Who's your favorite actor/actress? Liz Gillies for me!

Until next time!
~Izzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1K 26
"You've done nothing but lie to me this entire time!" "I warned you. I told you...I don't believe in love." ------------- First book in the And Then...
106K 2.6K 26
"I.. I just need to escape all this." I said. "But what if Jade is the escape you need?" Y/N is finally ready to build new relationships after her br...
78.8K 1.5K 25
Beck Oliver and Jade West have been dating for 11 months. Even if she doesn't show it, Jade loves Beck wholeheartedly. She's a mean girl goth like gi...
15.4K 294 11
A new dance is happening at Hollywood Arts, and Andre, Tori, Cat, and Robbie need dates to the dance. New relationships blossom, but can they last? ...