𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒: 𝐑�...

By -hsmdarling

♬ ˚₊ ✦ ─ ❝ 𝗂 still get butterflies, even though i've seen you a thousand times. ❞ 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚: 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘪 𝘢... More

𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨
𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘢
𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦
𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 [.01]
𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 [.03]

𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘴 [.02]

409 24 115
By -hsmdarling

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺
    𝘰𝘧 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘪 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘻𝘢𝘳-𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘣𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘯.
  💌
"𝘪 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦,
𝘢 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵 𝘥𝘶𝘦𝘵."

pg 2: best friends and bike rides
time skip to 3rd grade

~~ AS NINI SAT beside the curly headed boy she began to notice his features, his curls covered his whole forehead in a messy, but cute way. his curls were a mixture of chestnut and gold which looked quite charming with his tan complexion. his brown eyes seemed to sparkle whenever he looked at her. and his lips? hold up wait, why is she looking at his lips! totally gross. this wasn't some disney channel original movie to her that's for sure.

~~ THE BOY began to glance at her too, her brunette hair that was neatly curled went a little past her shoulders, her warm smile that made her eyes twinkle and made his heart pound. richard wasn't sure how he felt about her, but he wanted to get to know her.

💌

                                         💌

                MONDAY: august 13th

—nini's pov—
i was getting so caught up in my own thoughts thats until...
"hey? are you going sit down?" said the curly headed boy that got me in a trance in the first place. i totally forgot that i was in the middle of class standing in front of the boy that made my knees go weak and my heart flutter.

"uhh, yeah." i replied sheepishly and gave him a small smile and then sat down and then casually flipped my hair behind my shoulder, but backfired causing some hair to get in my mouth and not a pretty facial expression was on my face. the boy just laughed and then cupped my cheek and looked into my eyes.

HOLD UP! was this going to be my first kiss? does my breath stink? are my lips chapped? do i have anything on my face?
cut the cameras. time for a rewind.

the boy cupped my cheek, pulled the strands of hair behind my ear, grinned and said "i think there was some hair in your mouth." i rolled my eyes trying to act cool or playing hard to get? is that the correct way to use that? gosh i need to start reading more rom-coms.

i sighed and got out my lucky barbie doll, i've had her since i was practically in diapers. i got out some of her outfits to mix-match and play with, i noticed ricky looking at me with weird smirk. "nice barbie you got there, couldn't live without her huh?" i was about to fight back, but another voice spoke up. "don't listen to him, i bet you five bucks he brought franklin his "lucky charm" aka a stuffed bear. the boy started to turn red and rolled his eyes. "knock it off, big red!"

he turned to me and grabbed his backpack, "my name's richard by the way." i started bursting out laughing and everyone turned to look at me like i was a mad man. "what's so funny?" he replied and then folded his arms. i grinned teasingly, "nobody under the age of fifty should be named richard." he let out a little laugh and smirked at me once again.

not gonna lie, his face is pretty hard not to stare at.. and the way his curls bounce up and down when he laughs and smiles that contagious smile, my heart turns to mush. and then i got this idea, a nickname, this is a great way to start a friendship i thought and it was time to make my move.

"from now on i am going to call you ricky, its more suitable than richard!" i said in a teasing british accent. his lips folded into a small smile and he reached out to shake hands
"hi im ricky. ricky bowen."

                                       💌

—ricky's pov—
i never really knew a lot about girls, except that they love barbies, anything pink, and playing house at recess.
this girl though she seems different, a good kind of different. she had such a cool style, funny laugh that makes my stomach go into knots, and don't get me started on her attitude. it was like a sweet and salty mixture, i like it.

i still wanted to know more about her though, i need her name. so i decided to speak up as we went to recess after lunch.

after planning my next video games sesssion with big red i decided to go look around for her and then i saw her.

sitting up in a semi-tall tree, with a journal and pen looking out into the endless blue sky. she looked so peaceful and happy.

i then smirked and walked up to the tree and knocked on it. i heard a little squeal and then a drop of a pen. "ricky, gosh you scared me!" i nodded and looked up at her. "what's your name, mystery girl?"

she looked at me from the tree with the sunlight illuminating her brown eyes and laughed a little "nina. nina salzar-roberts." and then something went off in my brain, oh no... this could either go really good or really bad. you see ever since ive been able to talk i've had a hard time pronouncing my a's. 

i tried to give it my best shot, but it seemed my words had a mind of their own. "nini?" she looked at me with a confused expression "its nina. n-i-n-a." i tried again and spoke it louder. "nini."

she then climbed down and looked me straight in my eyes. "you know you don't have to tease me about my name just because i did, richard." i sighed. "look, i can't really pronounce-" and then something clicked, she smiled at me and just said "i get it, and you know what i like nini, i'm not a huge fan of nina... but i actually kind of like nini."

i smiled and felt relieved, but what happened next was something i would never expect myself to ever say. "would you like to hang out after school at my house or around my neighborhood?" she stepped closer to me and just sweetly smiled. "i'd like that."

                                   💌

                              —ninis pov—
as kourtney and i were walking home i was debating on whether i should tell her about ricky and i, but looks like she did some observing on her own part.

"nini, i see that you've met a boy and actually got along with him, he must really be the one, huh?" i glared at her "ha, very funny, but now since you mentioned that i'm going to his house in about an hour or so."

kourtney looked like she saw an actual ghost (dara ghost reference sorry i had to!) "you what? the girl who can't even sit next to a boy without pouting or complaining is going to a boys HOUSE?!!?"

nini slyly smiled at kourtney "you'll come around, he's different kourtney." i said while dreamily in thought thinking about how ricky smiled at me earlier. kourtney laughed and shook her head. "that's what they all say, i'll see ya tomorrow."

i just shrugged and unlocked the door to our house and shut it calmly and took a deep breath and ran upstairs before my moms came to bury me with questions about how my day was.

about an hour later i heard the phone ringing and so i ran downstairs to see if my moms were going to answer, but then i saw a note on the counter "hey lovely, carol and i are going out tonight for dinner downtown so we left a bit earlier than expected. we love you and don't forget to tell us all about your day when we pick you up from ricky's.

the phone continued to ring and i remembered what the note said so i picked it up.

(123) 456-789
is calling...
⏰ 💬
remind me message
                    📞slide to answer

"hello this is nina salzar-roberts!" i said. "hey nini, its me ricky." since we are going to hang out tonight, would you like to go bike riding with me and maybe watch a movie or something?" my lips folded into a huge grin "of course, should i come over now or-" "sounds like a plan." i smiled and did my happy dance. "be there in a few." then i pressed end call.

💌

                           —rickys pov—
as soon as i heard the door bell ring i ran to the mirror and pushed back my hair and grinned. i then ran downstairs and opened the door to be greeted by nini and her warm smile and  vanilla scent.

"hi ricky. nice place!" i smiled and then held the door open for her and then she explored around the house for a bit, met my dad and chatted with him for a bit, and now we are currently in the garage getting ready to go bike riding. "i love riding bikes." nini said as she hopped onto her bike and put her feet on the pedals. "that makes two of us." i said and we both smiled.
                                    💌

it was a few hours later and we were just racing and having a good time at this point. "eat my dust, richard!" she squealed and laughed and pedaled as hard as she could up a hill.

"challenge accepted." i started catching up to her and tapped on her shoulder and smirked at her.  "eat my dust huh? i'll show you some dust." i started pedaling, but you know how it goes when you try to impress a girl, nothing ever ends well.

little did i know going up that hill,  there was a pond down below and my bike was headed straight for the pond and soon before u know it i was drenched in water and saw nini gasp in horror, but i just bursted out laughing.

"ricky! oh my gosh are you okay??" i still couldn't stop laughing. she hopped off of her bike and ran up to me and grabbed my forehead and moved my wet curls up to see if i was injured.

"nini im fine really, but could you help me up." i said as i held my hand out. she took my hand, but little did she know what i was going to do next, i then pulled her into the pond and she started squealing, but the squeals soon turned into laughter and splashing.

"richard bowen! i am going to make you pay for this!" she said while laughing. i couldnt stop  admiring her while she laughed her smile is just so contagious and so beautiful.

                                      💌

it wasn't too long before the sun began to set and our clothes began to dry, nini and i just laid on our backs on the hill just glancing into the sky and chatting. the colors were telling a story, all the fiery oranges and pinks and light purple clouds just created a perfect balance.

i got up and started to look for flowers and eventually made a little bouquet. nini stood up and looked at me and started to laugh once again. "what are you hiding from me now bowen?" i just walked up closer to her and handed her the little bouquet of dandelions.

  "thank you for being my best friend, ricky."
                                 "always."

                                        💌

~~ THAT NIGHT ricky and nini watched high school musical two together, since it was getting late and it was one of nini's favorite movies. they both eventually fell asleep about halfway through the film, and ricky's dad    tucked them into bed and just smiled.

                             —rickys pov—
i woke up and realized i was lying besides nini
my body instantly relaxed seeing her sleep so peacefully. and i knew that night and forever    on nini wouldn't be just some classmate.
         she would become my best friend.

                                        💌

AUTHOR SPEAKS!
hello everyone! that was chapter 2!
this chapter was extra mushy and a lot longer.
and im completely here for it,
i know they act a bit mature for their age,
but i love the chemistry
between the two in this book! :)
hope you enjoyed!
much love!
                                    - 𝓛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...