voidless ✔

By avery_aldini

虚 | Completed | "In this world, there are two sides - Reality and your mind's boundary." The sirens of both... More

| 01 | Void 001 | Incident
| 02 | Void 001 | Malfunction
| 03 | Void 000 | Alone
| 04 | Void 000 | Naïveté
| 05 | Void 001 | Liars
| 06 | Void 001 | Talk
| 07 | Void 000 | Home
| 08 | Void 001 | Stop
| 10 | Void 000 | Eyes
| 11 | Void 001 | Call
| 12 | Void 000/1 | Enter
| 13 | Void 000/1 | Sleep
| 14 | Void 000 | Control
| 15 | Void 000 | Doppelganger
| 16 | Void 000 | Cliff
| 17 | Void -001 | Anamnesis
| 18 | Void 001 | Awake
| 00 | Extra Void | Covers

| 09 | Void 000 | Toshinori

783 76 32
By avery_aldini

« CHAPTER NINE »

| 7181521144 2651815 | 00:00 | ?
The bright sun greeted Nana and Midoriya a good morning. Who knew their talk would take a lots of time or does time really exist? It felt like the night were just minutes before daylight arrived.

Nevertheless, Nana lead Midoriya outside the crooked house, both carefully walking down. The greenhead simply followed her footsteps when he noticed something.

"Ms. Shimura.. Y-You have no shadow..?"

"You and the rest are the only ones who can see me. I can't explain everything to you too clearly. For example," She trailed off, turning around to face him, "One for All."

"Can you repeat? I didn't understand." Midoriya rubbed the back of his head, "Are you making radio noises, is that your quirk, Ms. Shimura?"

"No, it's not my quirk." Nana pointed his nose, "For some odd reason, he still manages to keep you from regaining your memories. Whenever I mention it, it would sound like something else. Our quirk doesn't really help that much mentally for now."

"Our quirk? Memories? I think I remember everything clearly but I don't really have a quirk." Midoriya pondered before muttering eternally. His unending speculations were everywhere.

Nana giggled and patted his back, "You're farther into the future than you think you are, Young Izuku!"

The greenette took some time to understand what she said, "Are you saying there are things that happened that I don't remember?"

She gestured a yes and continued moving forward. "We manage to block the mindlink but his strength and will is getting stronger and harder to come by."

While Midoriya didn't exactly understand what she meant, he nodded and proceeded to walk with caution.

Walking through the forest was pretty quiet. The serene sound of water splashing and the swaying of the tree's leaves hummed in the background.

"Ms. Shimura?"

"Hmm?"

"I don't want to pry but.. who's Toshinori? You keep mentioning him back at the house.. They sound like a nice friend!"

"Ah?" She glanced at the curious boy, "He's my successor."

"O-Oh? So you're training this Toshinori person.. to be just like you?"

"Correct, Young Izuku!"

"Is there a chance.. that they're nice..?"

"Of course! Get this," Nana smiled, "You'll get to know him better once we're out here. Plus, you two are very similar!"

Midoriya smiled at the thought. A person exactly like him? Maybe then, he could have friends. Then, maybe life could be a little more lighter for him.

Adding to that, he also wanted to get to know Nana Shimura better. She seemed like a nice person and looks eager to be one of his friends, even if she was a decade older.

Nana stopped and pointed to the front, "We'll go by there."

There stood churches of ice and glaciers glittering like glass. Icy mountains almost reaching the clouds, there beholds water flowing off the melted ice. The mountain tops were white instead of green with caverns right below them.

"It's snowing?" Midoriya said, gazing at the snowpack he was right on top of, "No.. we're in a completely different place this instantly...? How did that happen?"

Ignoring the snow, Midoriya noticed Nana who was a bit freezing. That's when he noticed what she was wearing.

"Ah! You're freezing! L-Let me Help you!" Midoriya exclaimed, taking the scarf by his neck and wrapped it around her.

Nana tried to stop him, "You don't have to be so kind, Young Izuku. You're the one who's physically here."

Midoriya ignored what she said and asked, "Are you a hero, Ms. Shimura?" He pointed at her clothing that just screamed that it's a hero costume. Nana giggled and flicked her clothes, "D'aww, Did the cape gave it away?"

"Yeah.. umm-- I have a question, Do.. Do you think..?" He was hesitant at first. All Might already said he can't, what chances could there be for another pro to not turn him down?

Nana looked at him, waiting for him to continue his question. "Do you think.. even without a quirk-- I could become a he--?"

Then he noticed how Nana was glitching, she wasn't feeling too happy as well.

"W-What's happening... Ms. Shimura..?" Midoriya trailed off before Nana patted her hands on his shoulder. That's when she smiled.

"I don't have much time for now.." Nana bent on her knees and pointed to the mountain from far away. "I want you to go there. Climb the mountain and jump, you don't have to be scared."

Midoriya was beyond afraid of what was being told to him. It felt like Nana Shimura will leave him at that exact moment. He was shivering and tears were falling from his face. "Please, don't leave me.."

Nana smiled, "We won't. We'll be by your side, Izuku."

"I'm.. I'm scared.." Midoriya whimpered. This was the very first time she heard these words from him. Normally, from what she observed during all those incidents, he was always determined and never backing down.

But this, this were the feelings Midoriya were always hiding. He may show small tendencies were he was purely saddened but this time, he was completely and utterly terrified.

Nana patted his fluffy hair, "It's alright to be afraid but no matter how scary things get, you have to smile to say you're okay. Those who keep smiling are the strongest, after all."

Midoriya brightened up a bit but his face was still watery, "Young Izuku, stay safe. Please.."

Then, she disappeared from his sight, glitching out as the wind flicked his eyes with snow. It took fronds of his hair, making them into lashes that beat his face and blew above his head. The scarf he gave fell to the cold snowy floor.

Loneliness squeezing him just enough pressure to give himself doubts again before the voice appeared on his brain.

/ Now isn't that better? /

Midoriya clenched his fists, trembling at the same time. His brightened face dimmed back down, blaming the voice, "You took her.. didn't you..? You.. stupid.. stupid bastard.."

/ Now, now.. Izuku Midoriya doesn't cuss like Katsuki Bakugo, does he? And I didn't take her away. She simply left you. /

He had more hate built up on this voice. Him mentioning his childhood friend and then taking away the only person he felt safe with. It enraged him but he kept this feelings bottled up, like he always does.

What he doesn't know was that he was doing exactly what the voice wants. Whoever this voice was, it's only to be assumed that he has some kind of sophisticated plan while playing as a puppeteer behind the scene.

Midoriya straightened his posture and shot an unwavering gaze. "I.. I have to keep going." Even if they only met for a few minutes, he felt the need to just go on.

/ Why don't you take a break? Sleep for a while. Any tree is welcoming you, sweet little Izuku. /

Midoriya shook his head and slapped himself. He has to keep going. He had his head up high and smiled, just like what Nana had told him.

/ Oh? /

He ignored the voice and thought that maybe he needs to go across that horizon by the mountain, then maybe, he could escape.

The whole place was already strange and unique. It won't be a surprise if there was something more weirder waiting for him by the mountain.

In his head, Nana was a mysterious woman. A person suddenly appearing beside him to clear up his wound at an old wrecked cabin was indeed peculiar.

Why was she at that house in the first place if it wasn't hers? Was she lost as well? It sure doesn't look like it.

What puzzled him the most was that Nana didn't have a shadow. She also somehow knows everything that's happening and what his situation is. She even said something about him the only other thing physically there?

Nana Shimura was bizarre but trustworthy.

Nonetheless, that wasn't Midoriya's main concern right now. He has to get through the Greenland copy and reach his unknown destination.

"I'll.. I'll keep going."

.

.

.

.

.

| Loading Next Chapter
| Chapter Written On - July 16, 2020
| Published On - August 16, 2020

Oompf, sorry for the disappointing crappy chapter :<
Thanks for 1k reads! ⟩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
42K 2.6K 48
Izuku Midoriya just wanted to be a hero. Unfortunately for him, life was about to get much more complicated. To protect the people he loved the most...
87.1K 3K 33
Izuku and his classmates are chosen to play the villains in one of Nezu's biyearly entert-exams. What will become of Izuku and his classmates as the...
3.1K 58 9
(y/n) Was far from ordinary he had two extremely unique but dangerous quirks if used for evil. So when he ocme to UA before the exam and explains who...