The Billionaire's daughter *O...

By anonymouslyrare

Ammy Kedesa is a beautiful black young woman. She runs a café that an old lady she used to work for,left unde... More

Introduction
Chapter one
Chapter Two
Chapter three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine

Chapter four

164 11 0
By anonymouslyrare

*Ammy's POV *

I feel all the air leave my lungs.

Reece is looking at her grandmother like she grew a second head or something.

Emma has got to be kidding me, right?

Why would she possibly want me to marry her son?

She has offered to give you the money to pay off the debt, think about it. My conscious kicks in.

But still, isn't marriage based on love and all the stuff?

We haven't even met for Christ's sake.

If somebody told me I'll be the owner of a Café which will be in debt and the mother of a billionaire will ask me if I would marry his son and become the stepmother of a beautiful girl... I would've thought that that person was deranged.

"Ammy dear, you don't need to answer me right away. I know what I said is very hard to process", she says pulling me out of my train of thoughts.

I just stare at her. I know its rude, but I think I earned it after she dropped a bomb on me.

"Its just, after the death of his wife he changed,so much. He's become more distant,he doesn't make time to be with Reece,all he does is work He's practically a workaholic now",she adds when I take too long to reply.

"Why me?", I can't help but ask.

"I know we've just met but it doesn't take a scientist to know that you are a good woman. You've stuck around long enough for Reece to take a liking in you. She adores you Ammy. You know,ever since her mom's death, Reece didn't talk much,smile much or even want to be around anybody. To make matters worse, Tyson doesn't seem to notice Reece at all. I've noticed that Reece is changing to her old self again,more cheerful and happy. She's so young Ammy. Too young to be going through all of this. All I want is for my granddaughter to be happy again aswell as my son. I just want the best for the both of them. Please, promise me that you'll think about it",she says tears streaming down her cheeks.

What the hell am I supposed to say that?

I might just break down if I speak,so I nod instead.

"Thank you,and here's my number", she says handing me a piece of paper while wiping her tears and gulping down her remaining coffee.

"Reece,lets go",she says taking the little one's hand in hers.

Just when they're about to reach the door, Reece runs back to where I'm sitting.

"I would really love for you to be my mommy",she wispers into my ear. With that,she walks back to her grandmother.

Ice just fills my veins.

I don't hold back the tears that have been threatening to escape.

Money to pay off the debt

Marry Tyson

Become Reece's mother

This keeps replaying in my mind.

I have a throbbing headache right now, I'll have to think about this later.

Putting the piece of paper in my jeans pockets, I quickly go to the restroom.

I really need to cool of,so I splash my face with water. I mentally hug myself for not applying makeup today or else it would've messed up my face.

Since there isn't anything suitable to wipe off my face, I use my sleeve.

"Hey,you okay? I saw you talking to Reece's grandmother and then I see the both of you crying. Did she say something?", Danielle she asks.

"Uhm...well she...and then", I'm drawing a blank here.

"I'm okay", I conclude biting my lower lip to prevent myself from crying again.

"You sure don't look okay, but its okay. You can tell me once you're ready",she says exiting the restroom.

She knows me so well. Its just, I can't tell her now. I need to use the little energy I have to finish the days work.

With one last look in the mirror, I head out to continue working.

*******

Its been one hell of a busy day today. From a customer who refused to pay 'apparently' because the Café Au Lait wasn't well prepared to another customer who spilled coffee TWICE. At first I thought it was by mistake but the second time she was full on smirking when I was busy cleaning up the mess. If I wasn't in dire need of the money, I would've banned her from the Café.

But thats all history now.

Currently me and Danielle are busy putting up the chairs since its time to close up. Although I am slightly uncomfortable because the normally loquacious Danielle is so quiet,that I can't help but feel weird.

And its all because of me. I know she's perturbed about me for which I feel like shit ,but I'm still in a state of shock from what Emma said. I'm hoping to I'll be out of this daze once we get to the apartment so I tell her everything.

"Done",Danny says as she puts up the last chair.

"Okay, I'm just going to get my handbag", I respond

"Well if it isn't the little skunk who owes me money",says the man standing at the door. Years of smoking and alcohol abuse had made his voice sound like it had travelled via vocal chords of heavy sandpaper.

He saw the shock register on my face before I could hide it seeing a small smile play on his lips.

Erassy Mushindi is the landlord I very much owe money to. He comes every now and then to supposedly collect his money,but always goes back empty handed. I'm still surprised that he hasn't kicked me out of this building yet.

I can't begin to imagine if the Café were to close down.

He's well built,about five feet seven inches tall ,dull brown hair and his eyes are the colour of milk chocolate edged with a deep forest green.

Well well well,if it isn't the consequence of my owns actions, I wanted to retort but swallow my words to avoid making things worse than they already are.

FUCKKKKKK

Out of all the days,all the freaking days he chose this one to come. Why? Just why. Wasn't Emma's proposal enough for one day?

"I promised you that I'll pay you back,just give me time", I plea my voice coming out lower than I intended.

"Bullshit, I gave you what? A whole month to pay me back but you still haven't given me a single penny", he shouts.

I flinch at his loud voice.

"Just give me another week, please Erassy I'll have the money by then." I say defeat seeping through my voice.

"C'mon man, just give her another week", Danielle says.

Erassy and I both turn to look at Danny who is standing next me.

I almost forgot she was here.

"You keep your cunt of a mouth out of this",he spits.

Ouch

" I've met a lot of pricks in my life,but you sir,are the fucking cactus", Danielle snarls.

Something flickered in his eyes, I think Danny struck a chord.

I need to stop this or else Danny is going to make matters worse. Which isn't what I need right now.

"Danielle stop it", I say so low that I am not sure if she heard me.

Way to go Ammy, she probably didn't hear you.

Danielle scoffs, meaning she did hear me.

"A handsome cactus that is",he says clearly unfazed by my best friends words.

"Oh please, don't flatter yourself. You look like something I drew with my left hand",Danny retorts.

She just had to not listen to me.

I snicker,but quickly scoff to cover it up.

"I'll deal with you later, now",the cactus says shifting his gaze to me" I'll give you one week,one,only one to give me my money. If not, I'll drag you out myself and bye bye ' The Grind',he shrugs.

"Okay,one week and I'll have the money" I say.

"Good",he says backing away from me.

"I'll be back",he adds and off he goes.

I blink dumbly at the door wondering what the hell had just happened.

Sup Humans

Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 39.6K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
2.4M 85.5K 61
"The Malhotra Brides" is a heart-warming tale that explores the emotional journey of two sisters, Aditi and Pragya, as they navigate their new lives...
854K 23.3K 51
~complete~ But what would happen when a military captain who barely talks meets an overly joyous girl who works at a bookstore? Surprising, wouldn't...
880K 21.1K 43
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...