When it Rains | Daniel Riccia...

By kisses1808

Alexia Parks finds herself torn between her familiar boyfriend of the past few years and a new employee of th... More

Chapter 1 - He's coming!
Chapter 2 - An introduction
Chapter 3 - Girl's Night
Chapter 4 - First Race Weekend
Chapter 5 - Wondering Eyes
Chapter 6 - Catch up
Chapter 7 - Group Date
Chapter 8 - Smiling Through It
Chapter 9 - Dirty.Ugly.
Chapter 10 - China?
Chapter 11 - Anticipation
Chapter 12 - Instigations
Chapter 13 - Always a Victim
Chapter 14 - Little Comforts
Chapter 15 - Brotherly Love
Chapter 16 - Sorry For Living
Chapter 17 - Longing
Chapter 18 - Instant Regret
Chapter 19 - Salty
Chapter 20 - Wine Time
Chapter 21 - Sight Seeing
Chapter 22 - Sun Things Never Change
Chapter 23 - The Rain in Spain
Chapter 24 - The Rain in Spain Pt 2
Chapter 25 - The Rain in Spain Pt 3
Chapter 26 - Take it in
Chapter 27 - Summer Break Begins
Chapter 28 - Cassandra
Chapter 29 - Sickly Sweet
Chapter 30 - Disclosure
Chapter 31 - A Date?
Chapter 32 - A trip to the Market
Chapter 33 - Red, Red Wine
Chapter 34 - Sparks Fly
Chapter 35 - Begin Again
Chapter 36 - None Of Your Business
Chapter 37 - Reassurance
Chapter 38 - A Day Out
Chapter 39 - Something Brewing
Chapter 40 - Bubble Bubble

Chapter 41 - Toil & Trouble

4.3K 57 7
By kisses1808

The room looked as if a bomb had gone off. I was very thankful for the fact that I have two friends who were very willing and eager to dress me for my date tonight, but how the hell am I supposed to get everything packed up before I leave? Also getting into bed might be an issue.. If you go to bed...

I thought about how Dan's hand had grasped my dress earlier. Honestly, I would have taken him upstairs right then and there if he asked me, but we had decided to wait and respect the process. When I jumped in the shower I let my mind over what I had seen between him and Jen earlier. I want to trust him, he's given me no reason not to in the past and Jen would have said something, wouldn't she? Had they slept together and not told me about it? I had caused them to spend an excessive amount of time together these last few months, fuck! Happy thoughts!

My dress for the night was hungover my cupboard. It's a jersey dress so it didn't need to be hung, 'it needs to be hung, Lexi! Tonight is special!' they said...Whatever! So we hung the damn thing. It was a long-sleeve, nude, ribbed bodycon with a twisty strap that goes across the middle of my otherwise very low, very open back. I left my hair down after I took the towel off and liked the way it dried so I decided to leave it. I went a little too heavy on the eyeliner, but it started to grow on me. So we'd be daring and mysterious tonight. Whatever!

I was strapping on my matching nude heels when I got a text from Daniel saying that he was on his way and would meet me downstairs. "Just in time," I muttered to myself as I closed my door behind me. Jamie had come home at some stage, but I couldn't be bothered right now. "I'm leaving! See you later. Don't wait up!"

"Wait! Lex, you going on your date now?" He asked as if this was new news. "Yes? He's waiting downstairs, I have to go." I replied halfway out the front door. "Okay, tell him that-" I closed the door, my bad, but seriously not the time. Just send him a message or call him and tell him yourself. I rushed into the elevator and began to check my appearance, god, why am I so stressed. It's just... and there he was

"Daniel." I smiled as the elevator dinged open.

He was standing right outside the elevator doors. Black pants, his dark green bomber jacket and a huge smile. "Wow!" He said as he offered his hand to me to step out of the elevator. I wanted to reply or at least thank him, but all I could muster was a deep exhale and a full-blown/ eat shit smile that lasted all night.

When we made it to the car I decided it was probably time to say something. I looked at him and was instantly confused by his choice of outfit. "Have I overdressed?" Giving him a once-off once again.

"Oh," he laughed. "My mom forgot the load she did in the washing machine and it was too late to dry it when I got back from the walk, so this is all I had. I don't look bad do I?" The tone of his voice changed to concern and there was a flicker in his eyes that told me he was doubting himself. "No babe. You look sexy AF!" I winked at him and got into the seat. "Ha! That's what I thought!" He laughed.

When we headed away from the restaurant strip I became intrigued. I remember how he had set up a picnic for the two of us on the beach in Spain. I smiled at how carefree we were back then. Would it be the same? Have we fucked up what made us, us by making this a thing? I looked over at Daniel and he was smiling at me. No, this is exactly where we were supposed to be, who we were supposed to be. "Where are we going?" I asked as he made a sharp turn.

"It's called Jardin Exotique de Monaco. It means-" I cut him off accidentally, I didn't mean to, but the excitement of where we had just arrived was bubbling out of me. "The exotic gardens of Monaco!. Oh my god! I've been dying to come here!" He laughed at the way I was jumping in my seat. "Well, then it's a good thing I rented out the place for a couple of hours, huh?"

"You did what!? Are you serious!? For me!?" I pouted waiting for his response. He laughed again and it was like music to my ears. "All for you, my girl."

Do you hear that? My Girl.... I'm his girl. I unbuckled, reached over the armrest and hovered just in front of his lips. He leaned forward and took my neck with determination and we kissed. It was a sweet kiss, one filled with hope and wonder and hmmm... "I love kissing you." Shit that just slipped out. Inwardly cringing I turned my head to the side and sat back in the seat, getting my handbag ready. "And I looooooove kissing you too Parks." That made me giggle.

This place was massive! Who knew? It was such a huge contrast to the rocky terrain, bustling streets and harbour filled views. The gardens were formed along the hillside, going up in levels. Stairs were the only way to move forward or backwards. The pathways would break and you would be surrounded by the most beautiful plants from around the world. It was cacti heaven and we joked about making mescaline out of them and passing out in the aloe. We reached an opening and I pulled my phone out to snap a shot of Mr Ricciardo in all his glory. Of course, he posed and looked in the opposite direction, but he was cute though! "You're a cutie, I think I'll keep you." I laughed. He only proceeded to strike another pose like a twat.

We got about halfway, sort of mid-point in the gardens when I saw Daniel point out a lookout covered in purple bougainvillaea to a team of people who had a table and chairs in their arms. "Here?" I asked, the goofiest smile on my face. "I think so, you want to go somewhere else?" he asked, doubting himself again. "No!" I waved my hands at the staff about to pack up and move again. "Here is perfect." It was breathtaking and the way the last of the sun-kissed the horizon and everything in it was too. "I'll never get over how late the sun sets on this side of the world, it's like 3 extra hours in a day." He mentioned. "I know, it's absolutely beautiful," I noted, barely audible.

I felt his presence before I felt his hands wrap themselves around my waistline. "I thought so too." He kissed the sweet spot under my ear and the whisper of his breath made my back arch voluntarily into his chest. "Hmmm.. you're playing with fire Mr. Come. I'm hungry. Let's eat." I giggled as I led him towards the now fully set up dinner table. The sun had fully set and the archway had been lit up by fairy lights. So pretty.

We spoke about his parents' visit and how good it was to see them, I told him that Jamie and I had finally had the talk and that he should probably have a chat with my brother himself so that they could put each other's minds at ease. "Why does he not approve?" He asked. "No, I'm not sure what it is, but he thinks we're making a mistake. I don't know, honestly, I don't want to talk about it. We both agree that what I do and who I see is my business. It's not ideal, but I'm sure it'll grow on him." I shook my head feeling too guilty to look at him. He had done nothing wrong and it wasn't fair. "I shouldn't have told you that i"m sorry. It's not fair."

"It's okay. I actually understand where he's coming from and it's not personal Lex, he's your big brother and I'm this super sexy, hot fine-ass Formula 1 superstar who swooped in and snatched up his vulnerable baby sister. It makes sense." He surprisingly kept a straight face while spouting all that crap. "Lex, I mean look at me." He bobbed his head and raised his hands as if he was god's gift to women everywhere. "You're insane." He laughed. "I'm serious Danny, there's something seriously wrong with you." This time we both laughed and he completely agreed with me.

We were finishing dinner. The bottle of red wine I had apparently chugged down started to catch up to me, Danny boy, on the other hand, had had one glass and changed to water shortly after because he was driving. I realised this night was coming to an end and I was determined not to let it. Just then something sparkly caught my eye just off the coast. "Is that?"

"Fireworks." He finished my sentence and his eyes lit up. "Come." Was all that he said, then he grabbed my hand and we hastily made our way back to the car. "Where are we going?" I giggled

"Home." What? Why are we doing the literal opposite of what I want to do? "To change." He laughed and I was even more confused. "Don't look so confused. Get some shorts and a bikini on. I don't want you ruining your dress, by the way... I'd love to ruin in a completely different way." How does he say shit like that and sound so matter-of-fact. I'm on the receiving end and I'm basically panting, having succumbed to my hot flash.

"Daniel!"

"Oh, Daniel.. I'm in trouble.."

"You can't say things like that to me." I wasn't even trying to hide the blush in my cheeks. He knew exactly what he was doing to me so maybe it was time to do a little teasing of my own...

He parked between the two apartment buildings and we went up to our separate spaces to get changed only I left my dress on, replacing my underwear with the skimpiest bikini bottoms and a top to match. I raced out of the apartment - Jamie was nowhere to be seen. He was already in the car with a different cap, a pair of black shorts and a shirt to match.

He had his hand raised as if to ask me "What the hell? You're not changed?" His face changed to one of that with clarification, "You're not coming."

I hopped in the car and buckled my seatbelt before turning to him with my clothes in my hand. "I'm coming don't worry baby," I noted with a wink. He sat there staring at me for a few moments before I broke his silence again. "Well, are we going? Or are we just going to sit here staring at each other all night?"

"Hey, I could do either." He said while simultaneously starting the engine that roared to life, I'll never get over driving in his Aston. We started down the main street that leads to all the beach clubs and past the harbour. We were far enough for me to put my plan into motion.

Operation: Make Him Sweat is underway. He was completely distracted by the music that was blaring in the background so the timing was perfect. I brought my hands to my knees and slowly dragged them up to my thighs, I could see him watching me from the corner of my eye. I then grasped the bottom of my dress and pulled it up so that you could almost see my bikini bottoms. The car swerved slightly, and let's just say I'd never do this if he weren't a professional driver. "Um.. what are you doing?" He shifted awkwardly in his seat. I giggled in response and continued to remove my arms from the dress. "Lex.." He exhaled. Starting to get nervous. Once again I giggled in reply.

I took the bottom of my dress and lifted it over top of my head holding it in front of my body for a second and then flinging it onto his lap. "Alexia! What are you doing?" The nerves clear in the tone of his voice. "I'm changing, Danny." I did the best cutesy voice I could muster up.

He breathed in deeply, "Now who's the one playing with fire? I know what you're doing missy, but this whole waiting thing was your idea. If you wanna go I can pull over." That stupid shit-eating grin on his face like he'd just won a race. I was speechless, this man always had the upper hand and I was always going to be his groupie and I think I'm fine with that. I giggled again. Pulling my shorts up my legs and slipping the white tank top over my head. "You need help?" He turned in his seat to face me. The car was off and we had reached our destination. "No, I'm fine thanks."

"Still want to play?" He challenged..

I unbuckled and got out of my seat climbing onto his lap. "Yes." Our lips were barely touching when I spoke. He tried to steal a kiss, but I was too quick for him. I opened the driver's door and slipped out almost tripping over a rock from the momentum. Daniel, of course, was there in superhero speed breaking my fall with his chest. "Slowly now, Parks. Don't hurt yourself." He made sure I was stable on my feet before reaching underneath my knees and picking my up. He kissed me so passionately that I thought my head would spin-off. "Come on, darl'n."

I took his hand and he led me down what looked to be a private entrance to a beach. There was some sort of party going on and at this rate, I'm not complaining. I had everything I needed right here, in my hand to be more exact. His smile. God the way he looked at me. I felt invincible like nothing could touch me. He bent down so that I could get on his back. Somewhere between the car and now he'd lost his t-shirt. He walked us down to the water, he must've gone in pretty far because I could feel the water splashing on my toes.

Time stood still for those few hours as we watched the fireworks burst across the evening sky. Orange, red, pink. Orange, red, pink. I was falling in love with him and I couldn't do a thing to stop it.

Heeey my party people!

Ive gotten, for lack of a better term - distracted. I have the next chapter ready I'm just proofing. Give me till the weekend. I'm feeling inspired. Sorry for the wait, thanks for the love 

-C x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 623 36
Sydney only ever wanted to attend one F1 Grand Prix. She figured she'd fly over, support her brother in his race, and be on her way. That would have...
326K 5.3K 99
A closed off, independent girl meets an F1 driver and her life is forever changed. Partying, having fun, drama.
70.8K 1.2K 73
"I love you Blake. Nothing. No amount of time or distance will ever change that." Blake Rivers is an ICU RN who is on vacation in Monaco to get away...
86K 2.3K 46
Sebastian Vettel has just come out of a long term relationship. All Daniel Ricciardo wants is his friend to be happy, and figures that what Seb nee...