𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝...

By CUSH_BISH

Copyright © 2019 All Rights Reserved This book contains material protected under international and federal co... More

𝐂𝐨𝐩𝐲𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 © 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟗
𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞💋
💋𝟏.
💋𝟐.
💋𝟑.
💋𝟒.
💋𝟓.
💋𝟔.
💋𝟕.
💋𝟖.
💋𝟗.
💋𝟏𝟎.
💋𝟏𝟏.
💋𝟏𝟐.
💋𝟏𝟑.
💋𝟏𝟒.
💋𝟏𝟓.
💋𝟏𝟔.
💋𝟏𝟕.
💋𝟏𝟖.
💋𝟏𝟗.
💋𝟐𝟎.
💋𝟐𝟏.
💋𝟐𝟐.
💋𝟐𝟑.
💋𝟐𝟓.
💋𝟐𝟔.
💋𝟐𝟕.
💋𝟐𝟖.
💋𝟐𝟗.
💋𝟑𝟎.
💋𝟑𝟏.
💋𝟑𝟐.
💋𝟑𝟑.
💋𝟑𝟒.
💋𝟑𝟓.
💋𝟑𝟔.
💋𝟑𝟕.
💋𝟑𝟖.
💋𝟑𝟗.
💋𝟒𝟎.
💋𝟒𝟏.
💋𝟒𝟐.
💋𝟒𝟑.
💋𝟒𝟒.
💋𝟒𝟓.
💋𝟒𝟔.
💋Epilogue🥀

💋𝟐𝟒.

2.4K 159 219
By CUSH_BISH

"Ready or not. Here I come. You can't hide. . Gonna' find you, and make you want me . . ."
-The Fugees💋

Chapter 24:

Ariel

The next day, the afternoon sun had dipped below the shoreline of the Hudson River, bringing the temperature down with it, but that still didn't stop the action on the busy streets of Brooklyn.

The popular avenues, such as Lenox, Seventh, and Eighth, were still buzzing with people, and energetic children. A few buildings over sat the governing around-the-way girls council of those parts, doing what they did best: looking cute and killing time.

Ariel, Paris, Brandy, Kim, and Star sat on the stoop of a slightly
dilapidated building, drinking Cognac from foam cups and swapping stories with some of the locals.

The excitement of that afternoon had come and gone, giving away to the anticipation of what the night might bring. If you played the hood long enough, you were bound to see something noteworthy.

"Yo', my ass is sore as hell from riding 'dat motorcycle all day," Star said, massaging her thighs. 

"Either 'dat, or letting Justin pound you in your shit box," Kim snickered. 

"Fuck you Kim. You always got sum' slick shit to say. Don't act like you ain't never take it in da' ass, bitch." 

" 'Dat was only once and I didn't like it, hoe," Kim lied.

Truth be told, she took it in the ass from time to time, depending on whom she was with and what she thought the act could get her. Young men traded stories about her on a regular basis, but she chalked it up as taking one for the team. 

"Where da' hell is Shardae?" Brandy asked, taking a huge gulp of her drink. 

The liquor caused her eyes to water, but she held it like a true soldier. Brandy could out drink all of her girls and a few guys they knew. 

"She was supposed to be dropping Cadarious off downtown and coming right back," Ariel said. 

"They're probably somewhere fucking," Paris said scornfully. 

"Yo', y'all really think they getting down like 'dat?" Star asked. 

"I wouldn't be surprised and she just ain't telling us," Brandy answered. "She sure as hell been acting funny. When is da' last time y'all seen her slide with somebody or heard about a nigga hitting 'dat?"

"I ain't seen Shardae with a dude since Vick, God bless," Paris said. 

"She ain't been da' same since 'dat nigga got killed," Ariel recalled.

Vick had been a local knucklehead who they had gone to school with. He fashioned himself a pretty boy and his mind was constantly on his paper.

He and Shardae had hooked up during high school and had a romance straight out of a music video. They could often be seen hugged up on the block or shooting hoops in the park.

One night after Vick had dropped Shardae off in the projects, some stick-up kids approached him and demanded his chain. Vick, being a true soldier, refused to part with the showpiece.

For his insolence, they put two in his melon and took it anyway. Shardae wore black for damn near six months after his murder. She hadn't been quite the same since. 

"These Brooklyn niggas ain't nothing but trouble." Kim shook her head. 

"Speaking of trouble." Brandy nodded up the block. 

The young man who was heading in their direction had a baby face and a slim build. His hair was nappy and wild, but freshly shaped up around the edges. He had a confident swagger and murderous eyes.

Young Cameron, also known as Cam, was the type of kid who your parents warned you never to bring home. He was a good dude to those he was cool with and a headache to those he wasn't.

"Ladies," Cam said in a voice that was almost that of a man, but still had a childlike squeak to it. "What's good?" 

"You." Brandy looked up at him. 

"So I've heard." He smiled.  "What y'all doin'?"

"Sipping on something light." Star showed him the bottle.

"What's poppin' Star? How's my nephew?" 

"Bad as hell. Between him and your stupid ass brother, I can't even get my mind right." 

"I heard y'all got into it earlier." Cam placed a fresh Jordan on the stoop. 

" 'Dis dude be on some bullshit yo'. All I was trying to do was have an adult conversation with him and he starts buggin' out."

Cam just looked at her. He knew his brother and he knew Star. He had seen them go through the motions for years. Star would do or say something stupid and Justin would lose his temper.

They would go through it at least once a month. Cam didn't think it was right for his brother to put his hands on Star, but you'd have to know Star to understand it.

She knew all the right buttons to push to get a rise out of him and did it on a regular basis. Her theory was, as long as his attention was on her instead of anything or anyone else, she was happy, even if it meant slapping her ass around.

Women like her were under the misconception that if a man didn't knock her upside the head every so often, they were either weak or didn't care. 

"Anyway." Cam waved Star off. "What y'all sippin' on?"

"A little Henny." Brandy raised her foam cup as if toasting the air.

"Let your boy get a lil' of 'dat." Cam reached for the empty cup that was sitting on top of the bottle.

"Nigga please." Kim snatched the bottle away. "You hustle, go cop a bottle. We chipped in for 'dis."

"Word, a nigga can't getta' drink?" Cam screwed up his face. 

"Kim, stop acting like 'dat." Star snatched the bottle from Kim and handed it to Cam. "You know Cam is peoples."

"Yeah, my little brother done came through and got us right plenty of times," Brandy added.

Kim sucked her teeth, but knew better than to say anything to Cam. Even though he was young, Justin's baby brother was one of the hood's most dangerous cats.

Cam poured a shot into his cup and toasted Brandy and Star. Kim raised her cup, but he ignored her.

Turning the cup upside down, he downed the fiery liquor. He made a funny face, then tossed his empty cup into the street. 

"What you know about 'dat dog, nigga?" Paris laughed as Ariel joined her. 

Cam wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, "I don't know how y'all can drink 'dis shit twenty-four seven. Give me an ice-cold forty 'n I'm good."

" 'Dis here is for grown folks," Kim said, swirling ice chips around in her cup. 

" 'Den what da' fuck are you doin' wit' it?" Cam spat, drawing snickers from Ariel and Paris. Kim just rolled her eyes. 

A lot of people couldn't really understand why Kim didn't like Cam, but they knew just what the beef between them was. The previous summer, Kim found herself at the ass end of a crush on an older guy from the neighborhood.

He wasn't known as one of the more high-profile cats, but he kept himself fresh and had a nice ride. More importantly, he carried himself like a gentleman more often than not. 

After some coaxing, Kim found herself in the staircase of the projects giving him head. Cam happened to be coming down the stairs and busted them. He demanded that Kim bless him, too, but she refused.

Cam, being young and still having that mentality, went and ran his mouth. Unfortunately, the word got back to the kid who was claiming Kim as his shorty. Needless to say, the relationship ended badly.

Kim had cursed Cam as a big mouth little boy and things hadn't been the same since. 

"Cam, I know you holding. Put it in da' air." Brandy tapped his pocket. 

She knew Cam was a notorious pothead and could often be found holding some of the best weed in town. 

"You know how I do it," he said, pulling out an already rolled White Owl. " 'Dis 'dat shit right here."

He dangled the blunt in front of Brandy and snatched it back when she reached for it.

"Easy, shorty. We bout to get ski high off 'dat Diesel."

"Damn, nigga, 'dat shit is hard as hell to score. Cam, how come you always seem to get your hands on shit 'dat no one else can?" Ariel asked. 

Cam gave her a perfect smile, equipped with dimples. "It pays to know sum'body who knows sum'body. I can get you what you need, boo."

"Nigga, stop tryna' mack and light da' weed!" Brandy broke the mood. 

The six of them sat on the stoop, passing the blunt of potent weed and talking shit. Though Cam was definitely gangsta with his, when he was in good spirits he was a funny dude.

Even Kim managed to unscrew her face and laugh at some of the off the wall shit he said. The strange thing about weed is its ability to bring people together.

If you got high enough in the right company, you could forget what you were pissed about in the first place. At least until you came down. 

"Aight y'all, we need to talk about 'dis spa day we gonna' have tomorrow though." Star said as the girls agreed.

For the past two weeks, she had been planning a girl's day spa that was going to be held at her clothing boutique in Manhattan, and since her son was going to be with his father tomorrow, she figured it was the perfect time to host the shindig.

Cam went ahead and excused himself, leaving them to have their female conversation as they continued to discuss amongst themselves.

Feeling a vibration in her lap, Ariel glanced down to see that Jarod was calling her, and it was the fourth time that day.

She sighed deeply sending him straight to voicemail, desperately wanting off of his rollercoaster ride. Paris unintentionally caught a glimpse of the screen and immediately frowned.

"Didn't Aug' just get you 'dat phone yesterday?" She suspiciously recalled. "I thought you had changed your number,"

Ariel turned around glancing at her caught off guard, as Paris stared at her intensely. Ariel glanced back down at her phone resting in her hands.

"I did." She said, seeing a text from Jarod come through as she hit the
Do Not Disturb button on her cell.

Paris shook her head in disappointment as she remained silent. Her slick mouth dared her to press the issue, but she decided against it not wanting to ruin the vibe.

As they both focused back on the conversation that was being had amongst the rest of the clique, Jarod suddenly came cruising down the block.

The girls were laughing at a story that was being told by Brandy, before she abruptly stopped speaking and said, "Unt'uh, look at 'dis clown here."

Glancing up, they all seen Jarod's white luxury Lexus creeping by with his tinted windows rolled down, as the loud beat of Ready or Not by The Fugees blasted from his custom made speakers. He had the whole hood's eyes on him, but he only had his eyes set on Ariel.

The two past lovers glared at one another full of animosity, as Jarod continued lurking up the street.

"Why da' fuck is his ass staring so hard?" Star questioned with an attitude. 

"I don't know," Paris frowned. "But he's about to get slapped." 

"Damn, hi!" Star shouted at him.

Unphased from Star's outburst, Jarod simply flashed a menacing smile before finally speeding off.

"Guys, I gotta' go." Ariel said standing up from the stoop, she didn't want to take any chances of him circling back around.

"Where you going?" Paris interrogated, as she watched her make her way down the steps.

"Um, I have to handle something," She lied. "but I'll check you guys later. Aight?"

"Aight." Star said. "Don't forget about tomorrow morning, we're linking up at eight."

"Got it!"

And with that, Ariel was already down the block disappearing around the corner of Seventh Avenue. Panting heavily, she braced herself against the brick wall as her hands shook.

Ariel was extremely nervous because she knew that Jarod was stalking her since she refused to answer any of his phone calls, and had even went as far as to getting a brand new number. But somehow, without her knowledge, he still ended up finding it. The only reason why he didn't confront her just now, is because her friends were there.

Trying to relax herself, Ariel closed her eyes and August's face immediately appeared inside of her mind. She felt her fears vanish at the very thought of him, and at that moment she knew, that as long as he was around, then she will be safe.

As long as August is alive, she can't be touched. Ariel just had to figure out a way to remain low-key, until her man returned from being out of town. But of course, this would be so much easier said than done.

------

Coming out of a mini-mart bodega just a few blocks away from her neighborhood, Ariel walked up the avenue in her Puma Fenty black slides, opening a fresh new pack of L&M cigarettes as the natural sway of her hips switched in her Fashion Nova skintight high-waist designer jeans.

With her black sheer crop top exposing her flat stomach, along with her expensive gold hoop earrings and matching 14k gold crucifix necklace on display, Ariel turned the attention of just about everyone she passed, including the females.

But she didn't have a care in the world as she lit her cigarette and began puffing on it. Her mind was elsewhere. Jarod kept plaguing her mental, and as hard as she tried her best to avoid him, he just would not let her be.

Ariel didn't necessarily know how much longer she would be able to keep putting him off, and figured that if he was willing to go to extreme lengths to stalk her, then there was no telling what else he might do.

As she strolled down the sidewalk turning a corner en route to the street leading to her apartment, Ariel didn't realize that she had been spotted by Miami, who was parked a few blocks away from her building waiting patiently for her arrival.

The moment his menacing eyes landed on her presence, Miami immediately hopped out of the car.

"Aye' what's up shorty! Mind if I bum a square from you?" Miami greeted with a huge grin plastered on his face.

Ariel turned around caught completely off guard. She was slightly startled at first, but once she noticed that it was only Jarod's partner in crime, her nerves were suddenly put at ease as a wave of annoyance instantly washed over her.

Frowning her perfectly arched brows, she allowed her eyes to roam his appearance as she scoffs.

"Do I know you?" Ariel asked full of sarcasm allowing her New York accent to sound stronger than normal, as she placed her hands on her hips.

Miami immediately stale faced her feeling offended, "How you gonna' play me like 'dat?--"

"--What?" She asked playing dumb.

"Now you know Jarod's my boy," he admitted, stating the obvious. "You know we work together."

"Right, right. What's your name again?" She questioned, enjoying how easy he was making it for her to fuck with his head. "Something 'dat starts with a M right--"

"Yeah," Miami happily exclaimed as he nodded his head. " 'Dats it, it's--"

"--Moron." Ariel replied with a smile, watching with satisfaction as the excitement disappeared from his face.

He sucked his teeth, "Funny. It's Miami, aight?"

"Miami." She repeated already knowing as she rolled her eyes. "Well, Miami dear, as much as I'd love to reminisce with you I'm really busy right now. So let's do 'dis later, okay?--"

"--No, no, no. It don't work like 'dat." He said blocking her path.

Ariel glanced up at him as if he was crazy, "Excuse me?"

"Look, you 'n Jarod have sum' unfinished business wit' each other 'n you been real hard to get in touch wit' lately." Miami informed, tired of the long chasing game that she'd been putting them through. "Now he wants to have a word wit' you, so he sent me over here to make it happen."

"Let me tell you something, okay? Whatever business Jarod and I had in da' past, is finished." She stated sternly. "You know y'all really starting to get on my nerves with all 'dis bullshit. Whateva' he needs to talk about has nothing to do with me, okay? So stop wasting my time--"

"--Aye' you can hate on him all you want, aight? 'Dats your business." He quickly shot back. "But if he tells me to bring you to him I don't care if you have to be dragged kickin' 'n screamin', da' job will get done."

Ariel scoffed as she shook her head in disbelief, " 'Dats ridiculous."

"Hey look, my ride's right over there." Miami pointed to his all white Charger parked across the street. "Backseat or da' trunk, you know what I'm sayin'? Make it easy on yourself. Your choice baby girl."

Realizing that Jarod would stop at nothing to get at her, no matter how hard she tried to resist, Ariel sighed deeply finally deciding to corporate.

"I'm waiting for da' magic word." She smartly replied, crossing her arms.

He flashed an innocent smile as he folded his hands together, "Please?"

Rolling her eyes, Ariel took one last drag from her burning cigarette, then tossed the filter out into the street as she exhaled the excess smoke. She dismissively shooed Miami out of her way as she stepped off of the sidewalk.

He sucks his teeth while eyeing her as she crossed the street heading towards his car.

"Stuck-up ass..." Miami mumbled indistinctly as he followed her lead. "Aye', I got sum' Jell-O 'n colorin' books in da' back."

"Oh you think you're funny don't you?"

"Yeah well, you know I'm babysittin'. Shit, I gotta' bring sumn' for da' kids." He stated jokingly, as he opened up the back door allowing her to get inside.

Ariel slid into the leather backseat, and before she could even get her other leg inside of the car, Miami accidentally closed the door on her foot trapping her shoe.

"See.. Nigga, can I get my leg in da' car? Damn!" She angrily snapped as she slammed her door closed.

Knowing that it was an honest mistake, Miami threw his hands up in surrender as he sighed deeply.

"Damn." He exasperated while shaking his head, before hopping inside of the driver's seat and pulling away from the curve.

------

As Miami coasted through the city traffic, Ariel was silently plotting on her escape plan. She glanced around her surroundings, and realized that they were entering an outlet strip.

From beauty supply stores and restaurants, to laundromats and department stores, Ariel had an epiphany to hit Miami with the classic bathroom trick.

She figured that if she played her cards right, then he would have no choice but to give in and let her out of the car. And if all goes well, she would be able to make a run for it.

"Can you pull over?" She asked. "I have to use da' bathroom."

Miami glanced at her through his rearview mirror, "You can't hold it for a minute? We're almost there,"

" 'Dats how you get a bladder infection you fuckin' dummy!" Ariel said laced with irritation, never the one to hold her tongue.

Miami couldn't help but to chuckle, finding her attitude comical.

"Could you be anymore dramatic?" He facetiously questioned, giving zero regards to her needs.

Ariel sucked her teeth as she glared at him through the rearview, "Look nigga, I have to pee. So if you don't want me pissing all over your backseat, 'den I suggest you pull over."

Releasing an aggravated huff, Miami obliged doing as he was told by finally pulling over and exiting the ongoing traffic.

He parallel parked on the curve in front of a random beauty supply store as he cut the ignition off. Unbuckling their seatbelts, they both got out of the car.

"You better hurry up. I ain't got all day to be makin' these unnecessary stops." He said, closing the door behind him.
"I gotta' schedule to keep to,"

"Shut up! Don't be rushing me, I'll take foreva' if I want too." She replied full of attitude.

Miami rolled his eyes slightly shoving her into the store upon entering, "Yeah aight. Less talkin' 'n more walkin'."

Storming off, Ariel went up to the cashier and asked him where their bathroom was located. He pointed towards the back of the store, and she eagerly accepted heading in that direction.

She rushed inside of the bathroom closing the door behind herself, and the first thing that she noticed was a old rusted window above the toilet.

Bingo, she thought as her full lips formed into a smile.

She stood on top of the toilet seat, and put forth her best efforts to push the window up, but unfortunately for her it was nailed shut.

"Damnit!" She cursed in frustration, as she banged her fist against the stained glass.

Jumping down from the toilet, Ariel began pacing back and forth as she breathed heavily trying her hardest to think. But her mind kept drawing a blank. So she was forced to test her luck, and wing the entire situation.

She walked out of the bathroom feeling slightly defeated, until she saw Miami flirting with a female customer in the wig aisle. He wasn't paying any attention keeping his complete focus on the girl, and Ariel decided to take this opportunity as her chance to escape.

"Gon' head 'n put your address in there too." Miami added, referring to his cell as the girl keyed in her phone number.

She blushed, doing as she was told, "So does 'dis mean we're going out and you're picking me up?"

"Yeah I got you." Miami confirmed flashing a handsome smile. "You got sum' friends for my boyz?"

The girl nodded, "Yeah I have like three friends,"

" 'N they look just like you?" He asked, checking out her curvaceous physique.

"I don't know." She said smiling. "I'm sort of, one of a kind you know. What's your name?"

"It's Miami,"

"Miami?" She questioned slightly taken aback by his unique name.
"Okay. So you're gonna' call me?"

"Of course." He told her reassuringly.
"Just let me know what's a good time for you,"

"Anytime. Anytime is good."

"Bet.. Yo' you are sexy," Miami complimented, as he eyed her lustfully licking his lips.

The girl couldn't help but to blush once again as she was enjoying the thirsty attention that he was showing her.

"Thank you." She replied sweetly, as Miami continued to get his mack on, completely forgetting the main reason why he was even there in the first place.

Ariel quietly crept out of the store without being detected, and once her feet hit the pavement, she bolted down the block.

Miami had finally realized that he was enjoying his conversation just a little too much, and his gut instinct immediately kicked into overdrive. He glanced around the beauty supply store, and noticed that he didn't see Ariel in sight. It was at this moment that he knew, he had been played.

"Shit!!" He cursed angrily, as he instantly jetted out of the store. "Ari'!"

As she ran down the sidewalk, Ariel was so consumed with getting away from Miami, that she accidentally collided with a stranger almost knocking the wind out of herself from their solid build.

"Oh I'm so sorry! I didn't mean--" She abruptly stopped apologizing, as she glanced up at the person who held her in their strong embrace. Theirs was a face that she hasn't seen in a while, but she was grateful nonetheless. "--Ryan?"

"Ariel?" He remembered with a smile, never forgetting her rare exotic eyes. He was shocked to have run into her on the street, but he couldn't have been happier. "Damn girl, I haven't seen you since da' barbeque! Where you off to in such a rush?"

"Uh'-- I'm really late for 'dis thing I have to get to." She lied, not having much time to explain. "Actually, would you mind giving me a ride? I don't mind paying you,"

Ryan nodded, "Yeah sure--"

"--Ari'!!" Miami shouted, just a few blocks away as he frantically looked around his surroundings in desperate search of her whereabouts.

Ariel quickly rotated positions with Ryan so that she wasn't to be seen. He glanced over his shoulder noticing an enraged man who was adamantly trying to find her, and along with the fear in her eyes, Ryan knew that something wasn't right.

"Fuck!" She whispered. "We have to go now, right now!"

Wasting no time, Ryan quickly hit the unlock button on his keys allowing Ariel to get inside of the all black Cadillac Escalade, as he rushed to the driver side getting behind the wheel and pulling off instantly.

With Ariel ducked down in the backseat, Ryan drove recklessly through the busy traffic putting forth his best efforts in to helping her escape. She tried to hold on for dear life as he busted a hard right turn at the end of the street, causing the tires on his truck to screech loudly leaving a trail of smoke behind.

"God, where da' hell did you learn to drive?" Ariel asked, as she was being thrown around in the backseat.

Ryan glanced at her through the rearview mirror, "You said you needed to get away, what you want me to pull over now?"

"No, no. Just, slow down and, turn here." She instructed pointing towards the left, while climbing into the front seat since the coast was clear.

Following her directions, Ryan eased his foot off of the gas pedal slowing down his speed.

"So, you gonna' finally tell me who 'dat nigga was chasing you?" He asked making a left turn at the light.

Ariel sighed heavily glancing out of her window, "Just, someone connected to my past.. He's not important."

"Really?" Ryan asked, knowing that there was more to the story. "Well for sum'one to not be important he seemed pretty upset, you should've let me handle him."

"Why? You know Kung Fu or sum' shit," Ariel questioned amused.

Ryan flashed his infamous charming boyish smile, "Maybe. Shid', you never know what I'm capable of. I could've went straight Jackie Chan on his ass,"

"Jackie Chan?" Ariel laughed. "So I'm guessing you can break boards with your head too?"

"Hell yeah!" Ryan exclaimed. "Shorty I'ma beast,"

"Okay." She replied full of skepticism rolling her eyes.
" 'Dat I'd have to see. You must be a very dangerous man,"

"Are you scared?" He asked, glancing at her with a grin.

Ariel laughed, "Na'. Don't take 'dis personal but, I've been around a lot more dangerous guys than you."

Ryan smirked at her statement taking no offense to it. Most men would be intimidated by Ariel's strength, but Ryan found it incredibly sexy. Sometimes it was even enduring, but other times it just drives him freaking nuts.

What really infatuated him about her, was the fact that he was more so intrigued by the way she underestimated his abilities. He wanted more than nothing for to prove her wrong, and would do so when the time comes.

"Right here is fine." Ariel said, letting him know to pull over.

She was just a few blocks away from her neighborhood, and figured that she could make the rest of the way herself. As Ariel dug inside of her purse in search for her money to pay him like she promised, Ryan quickly stopped her.

"I don't want your money." He said.

Ariel stared at him for a second before shrugging her shoulders, "Alright. You know you seem like a nice guy,"

" 'Dats cause I am."

"Yeah I see 'dat now. Most guys would've wanted sumn' in return," She stated knowingly.

He smirked, "Well I'm not most guys."

"Obviously." She smiled.

Ryan stared deep into her exotic eyes as he leaned in closer towards her, "I would love to keep in touch with you though. If you'll let me,"

"You think I want you calling me?" Ariel replied with a flirtatious attitude.

"I ain't no bugaboo," He stressed reassuringly. "So I don't see why not."

"Well, dead giveaway." She smiled amused, not the least bit interested in his charming woes. "Besides, you drive like shit." She admitted honestly flashing him a wink, then exits the car walking away.

*****
Jarod

Entering into the upscale slightly empty establishment, Jarod glanced around the restaurant in search for Ariel. He had gotten word from one of his crew members that they had seen her come in here, so he decided to pop up on her unexpectedly.

Unbeknownst to her, Ariel actually thought that she was being smart by not going straight home after being dropped off by Ryan, but in reality, she was dead wrong. If she didn't realize it in the past, then she will most definitely realize it now; no matter what, when Jarod needed her, he would always find her. Period.

Jarod wasn't the type to take no for an answer. He never was the one to take too kindly to rejection, and by the way that Ariel was constantly trying to avoid him, enraged him beyond words could ever explain.

He strongly felt like she was playing endless games, and Jarod didn't have the time nor the patience to continue dealing with her ignoring him any longer.

With his eyes dancing amongst the people's faces in the restaurant, Jarod instantly noticed a young lady sitting at a table dining by herself. From her long, thick jet black hair hanging freely down to the middle of her back, Jarod automatically knew that it was without a doubt, Ariel.

Smirking, he casually makes his way over, owning the room with his strong boss-like aura. He walked up behind her placing a gentle kiss on her neck, but Ariel jump from being completely startled as she glanced up at him.

She instantly frowned once she noticed that it was the one person who she was trying so desperately hard to hide from. Immediately, Ariel was disgusted, as she glared at him with hatred.

"So what's good here?" Jarod asked smiling, welcoming himself a seat at her table.

Ariel rolled her eyes taking a sip of her Champagne, "Try da' parking lot."

"Ooh!" He laughed, missing her reckless tongue. "Look, I'm just tryna' have a conversation with you, Ari'. 'N just like Miami, he was tryna' fullfil 'dat job for me. Since you wanna' make it so hard for a nigga."

Ariel smiled just at the very thought of it all, but Jarod ignored it as he continued lecturing her.

"Yeah, he told me 'dat shit you pulled earlier. Plain stupid is what it was. Things are gonna' get real tense now. 'Dat your nigga 'n his crew dun' moved in on my block. You know what I mean?" He calmly explained to her, as if he was telling her what the weather was like outside.

Ariel scoffed in disbelief as she frowned her perfectly arched brows, "What, is 'dat suppose to be a threat?"

"Na', you know I don't make threats. You know 'dats not my style." He stated with pure confidence, as he leaned back relaxing in his chair allowing a smug grin to be plastered upon his face. "Only promises 'n guarantees kid,"

She let out a slight laugh while shaking her head, "I'm sorry, Jarod. Poor baby have I got you all wrong?" She asked laced with sarcasm being passive aggressive, as she retrieved a piece of shrimp from her plate getting just as comfortable.

Ariel wasn't the least bit intimidated by Jarod's overbearing persona, and was more so familiar with his scare tactics. She loved playing games, and was always up for a challenge.

He smiled, "You don't have a clue to what I'm about, do you? After all these years, you still don't know, do you?"

Completely uninterested in the fact that he was even still talking to her, Ariel continued to feast on the delicious food that was displayed on her plate, before he had rudely interrupted her lunch.

"I don't know, why don't you tell me?" She said with a nonchalant attitude as she shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, for starters, you gotta' get past all da' hurt 'n da' facade." He explained in a jokingly demeanor, but was more than serious.

Ariel frowned immediately feeling triggered, "For one, ain't nobody hurt. 'N facade? Well, you got sum' serious facade going on Jarod--"

"--Oh, well so do you. So does yo' nigga. So does everybody. 'N 'dis lil' Miss I-don't-need-nobody, isn't you. Not da' real you 'dat I know." Jarod replied matter-of-factly, displaying a conniving smirk. "You're savin' yourself for 'dat New Orleans nigga, when you really know exactly where your ass belongs."

"Oh, really?" She questioned amused. "And where is 'dat?"

"With me." He confirmed smoothly, licking his lips.

Ariel laughed, "I don't think so--"

"--No I think, 'dat you need to consider da' possibility of us gettin' back together again. Cause you know, I'm where your heart really is." Jarod stated with conviction, as he gently grabbed her hand.

She glared at him for having the audacity of thinking that it was even remotely okay to ever touch her, as she jerked away from his grasp.

"We will never be together again. You're nothing, to me." She simply replied, her words stubborn and cold.

He stared at her for a second, as her response played weird tricks with his heart. He could feel his anger boiling deep inside within his soul, but he held his composure.

"Fair enough..." He said, taking in her rare beauty. "But there comes a time when a man has to take back what belongs to him. When muh'fuckaz like August, start movin' in tryin' to take over yo' shit, 'n cuff yo' girl, a man like myself, has to step up. Stake his own claim."

Ariel stared at him in shock of even knowing August's name, and she immediately felt her temper beginning to flare.

"How do you know his name?" She asked angrily.

Jarod chuckled, "I told you, he's in my hood. 'N I always know, what goes on in my hood. Just like I know he's got you, 'n I can't have 'dat. So you might as well quit playin' 'n make your choice right now baby,"

"How could I have missed it? I think I'm hopelessly in love with you." Ariel fraudulently expressed with a smile, being extremely sarcastic.

Jarod couldn't help but to laugh, knowing that she had absolutely no idea what she was up against. But unfortunately for him, she refused to go backwards, and would be a tough one to break.

She would never be with Jarod again, and in all honesty, she actually lost the little bit of respect that she did have left for him, just by the way that he was feeling comfortable enough to speak on her man the way that he was. He was acting as if he knew August personally, and that alone didn't sit right with her.

But as for him feeling extremely confident on winning her back, Ariel refused to take him seriously. Knowing for her sake, it would never happen. Not in this lifetime, or the next.

"Make fun all you like, but sooner or later you are gonna' be mines again." He told her reassuringly, while she stared in awe of him not believing the words that were coming out of his mouth, as she listened to him speak. "Those big ol' hazel-green eyes are gonna' get all misty just wishin' there were two of me."

Ariel rolled her eyes instantly getting a bad taste in her mouth, "You know, fill yourself all you want. I just lost my appetite."

She tossed her napkin on to her plate about to excuse herself from the table, but Jarod quickly grabbed ahold of her arm with a firm grip.

"Sit down." He ordered sternly through clenched teeth, as he forced her back into her seat.

Ariel slightly glanced around the restaurant with the hopes of them not causing a scene, as she tucked her full lips in while defiantly leaning back in her chair, allowing him to finish talking.

"You don't have to like me, but you will respect me. Do you understand?" He questioned seriously.

Remaining silent, she sucked her teeth rolling her eyes in annoyance as she let out a deep aggravated sigh.

"Do you understand!!?" He angrily snapped, startling her by slamming his fist against the table as she jumped in fear.

She stared at him as if he had lost his mind, along with the rest of the patrons dining in the restaurant. Seeing the deranged look in his eyes, scared Ariel to the core as her delicate hands unknowingly shook. She was afraid to even answer him, let alone breathe wrong.

With all eyes on their table, a brief moment of silence fell upon them, as the only sounds that can be heard was the elegant instrumental music that was playing throughout the establishment.

Jarod could feel the piercing stares that he was receiving from the onlookers, but he didn't care, since he knew that his point clearly had just been made to Ariel. Without saying another word, he quietly excused himself from the table, leaving her to her thoughts as he exited out of the restaurant completely.

To be continued...

--------------

Copyright © 2019 by Ariel O. Jones

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof

may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever

without the express written permission of the publisher

except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.

Printed in the United States of America

First Printing, 2019

**************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 16.9K 42
Cover credit goes to @craziest24 thanks for beautiful cover ********************************** a story of a single father... shivaay who lived with...
64.7K 935 25
Meh I explained in the last book
4.8K 336 30
Meet Maanyata Singh Rathore A girl who is just like any ordinary girl. She can be kind but can also be badass, loving and caring but can also be som...
812K 22.6K 44
Almost every girl has that one guy that they just won't let go. You'll do any and everything to make them happy. You'll stay by their side even when...