Sidlink: My precious pearl (C...

By Fivesosisnotonfire

Fivesosisnotonfire. 2020 - 2021 Wattys 2021 More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 (Final)
Author's note

Chapter 18

371 6 0
By Fivesosisnotonfire

Link's POV

I was preparing to leave the domain this morning when I was abruptly stopped by Sidon. "Link, you're leaving so soon?" He sadly asked, I sighed wanted to stay here for much longer but Calamity Ganon is getting more powerful by the second and means Zelda's power to hold him off longer is weakening. "Yeah Sidon, I would love to stay longer but now that I've freed all Divine Beasts I need to stop Calamity Ganon and get the legendry sword I need to stop him," I said, Sidon smiled and patted my shoulder. "Well, you're are always welcome here. We are forever in debt to you and shall give you help anytime you need it." I hugged my shark prince friend and called on my horse. My next stop was back to Kakariko to see Impa and if she had anything information about my Sword.

*************************************************************************************************

Once I got to Kakariko, I made a beeline for Impa's house, I felt more confidant and powerful than I did when I started my journey. I opened her doors after politely saying hello to Paya, and greeted Impa. "I sense it...Their presence. Daruk. Revali. Urbosa. Mipha. A hundred years ago, I put my life on the line to fight alongside everyone. But...I could not protect them. They died without fulfilling their destinies. I have lived all this time thinking they have died in vain. But this energy I feel from their presence..... It seems they have not given up. I can also sense.... that they were all overjoyed to see you again. Now you all serve the same purpose! Now it is time to attack Calamity Ganon while he is weak! Hurry to the princess! Go, now! I believe you will find Calamity Ganon in Hyrule Castle. Even with blessings of the Divine Beasts on your side, you must be careful. Calamity Ganon will be well protected. By the way... How are you faring thus far?" She asked, meaning about my memories.

"I recover all twelve of the pictures, I have every memory from them," I told her smiling, she gasped looking at me. "No... All twelve pictures already? You've visited every place?! Hmm... Then I suppose it's time. I will reveal the location of the final memory." Impa got up from her seat and walked down to a photo of a scene with deactivated guardians in ruins. "Lady Zelda gave me specific instructions. She asked me to wait to show you this." I nodded, walking closer to the picture. "This is the final picture. Does it look familiar? From this village, you should be able to get there in a half day's time. Now, go child. Seek out what Lady Zelda has shown you." She walked away and I decided to take a photo on the Sheikah Slate and head to the location which was in Blatchery plain according to the map.

*******************************************************************************************************

I teleported to Hateno Tower and paraglided in the direction of Fort Hateno which was in the location of this final picture. Heading over Squabble River I found my destination. It wasn't long before the final memory came rushing to me and the scene before me came to life.

*Start of Memory*

It was pouring rain, Ganon had won. All the Champions were trapped in the Divine Beasts currently fighting for their life against the blights, Hyrule Castle and the surrounding town had been devastated. People have died, including the King of Hyrule but I still swore to protect Zelda to the end. I could barely stand, using my sword to lean on as my wounds became too much for my body to handle. Guardians still swarmed around Zelda and I as she attempted to tell me to go and heal my wounds but I wouldn't I had to protect Zelda, it was my oath as her appointed knight. "Link, save yourself! Go! I'll be fine! Don't worry about me! Run!" She placed her hands on my shoulders, I shook my head and stood up shakily. "No Zelda. I must protect you." A guardian came our way and spotted us, it began to target me with its laser and I didn't have the strength to fight. Suddenly before it could even begin to fire, Zelda stood in front of me and pushed me back to safety. "NO!" She yelled, protecting me and raising her hand in front of the guardian.

A blinding white light shone from her and spread across the entire field. It was her sealing power. Finally. Guardians dropped, deactivated from Zelda's power and I felt myself collapse with pain and exhaustion as Zelda examined what just happened. I heard her gasp and run to my side, "no, no... Link! Get up!" She was holding me in her arms, "You're gonna be just fine." I turned my head to look at her and coughed in pain. I knew it was my time, I was going to die. I closed my eyes and everything went black.

*End of memory*

I opened my eyes and sighed, I couldn't believe I was alive after that. But then again I was asleep in the Shrine of resurrection for 100 years so that would explain my age not changing. I was ready to go back to Impa and tell about my final memory when I heard a voice. "Link...Link. You have recovered all your memories of us from 100 years ago..... I am here.....inside Hyrule Castle. It is now time for you to defeat Ganon." I sighed and remembered that I still need my sword. All the elders had told me it resides somewhere in the lost woods which I had no idea where it was. I looked at my map and I saw one piece of it was still missing as I had gone around making absolutely sure that every tower had been activated. I assumed that the lost woods was somewhere in the missing piece of the map so I saw that the missing part was near Eldin and Death Mountain. I teleported to the Eldin tower and made my way across the region until an inactive tower in the distance just off the lava region.

It was surrounded by sludge much what was like in the wasteland region near the Gerudo, and it was enemies galore with Lizalfos, Bokoblins, Moblins of all sorts. Getting to the top of the last enemy tower, I started to climb the final tower itself. It was raining heavily so I wanted to climb this quickly because the combination of the wet bars of the tower from the rain and the sweat from my hands clutching the bars in the cold rain. I finally got to the top of the tower and activated the terminal for hopefully the last time, 'scanning area...' the blue teardrop fell onto the Sheikah Slate and filled the remaining map, it was completed. 'Complete map of Hyrule extracted.' The terminal released the Sheikah Slate and gave it back to me, I looked at the new piece of the map. Sure enough, there was a forest which when I enlarged it the was a place entitled the lost woods so that was my next destination and at the top of my priority list.

*****************************************************************************************************

a few hours later.

The Lost Woods did indeed live up to its title I don't know how wrong turns I have taken and been lost in the fog before ending up back where I started. My map was no help as there was no path laid out for me to follow because this obviously wasn't a place a lot of people walk around in. But with the help of the glowing embers of a torch pushing me in the right direction, I found the other side and continue to walk until I came upon a smaller forest where the Koroks inhabited, right at the top of a triangular platform was a giant tree in front of the said tree on the triangle platform in its pedestal was the resting Sword of legend. This was the weapon that everyone told me about, the weapon that defined who I was as a hero and champion, the weapon that would defeat and seal the calamity.

I walked gently up to it, slightly smiling I had made it this far and the end was in sight. I took a deep breath and grabbed the hilt of the sword, a flash of memories with Zelda voiced followed as soon as my fingers touched the tip of the sword. "Link... You are our final hope. The fate of Hyrule rests with you." She said though memories that were flashing in front of me. I gasped and stepped back from the sword, recovering from the memory rush. I heard a voice above me, I looked up and the giant tree began to talk to me. "Who is that....? Did I doze off again? Hrm? Well, well.....it's you. You finally decided to return. Better late than never." I went to scoff but just spoke instead. "Do you know what I've been through to get here?" He completely ignored me and continued talking. "After 100 years, I'd nearly given up on seeing you again. Even my patience has limits, you know...That look on your face tells me that you have no recollection of me, however. I have watched over Hyrule is time immemorial." He told me.

"Many have referred to me over the ages as the Deku Tree." He gestured to the sword with his words. "That is the weapon created by the ancient Goddess. The sword that seals the darkness-that only the chosen knight can wield against the Calamity Ganon. Believe it or not....it was actually you who wielded that sword 100 years ago. But I must warn you to take extreme caution. The sword stands as a test to anyone who would dare attempt to possess it. As you are now, I cannot say whether you are worthy or not. If you sought to free the sword in any weakened state, you would surely lose your life where you stand." I gaped at the sword, okay no one told me it was able to kill people when they tried to pull it out if they weren't strong enough. "Best of luck, young one." the Deku Tree wished me before continuing.

"The sword cares not for your physical might. It is moved by what lies within. It cuts through bravado and superficial enhancements. Only true strength can draw it from its resting place. The only way to know if you have what it takes.....is to try." I nodded, stepping back up to the sword and began to pull it from its pedestal. I began to feel the life force drain from me as I pulled harder. I focused and focused but the more I focused the more I felt life force rapidly leave me with each pull. I know I didn't have much strength left so I just gave one last giant pull and surprisingly I pulled it out with my last breath. I breathed heavily and held the sword up and it felt right, I know now why I am the chosen one because this sword feels so right in my hand. I closed my eyes and suddenly another memory appeared, so it turns out I still have another one to recover.

*Start of memory*

I heard Zelda's voice, she had the sword in her hand, it was scraped and battered. She placed it back down on the platform and spoke to it. "Your master will come for you. Although the slumber of Restoration will most certainly deprive him of his memories. Please trust me when I say that I know he will arrive before you yet again." The Deku Tree began to speak to her. "If I may be so bold... what is it that you are planning to do next, Princess?" She sighed before speaking. "The Master Sword... I heard it speak to me. It seems my role is unfinished. There is still something I must do." "I sense there is great strength in your dedication." He replied. "Great Deku Tree, I ask of you, when he returns, can you please relay this message... Tell him I-" She was cut off by the Deku Tree.

"Now, then... Words intended for him would sound much better in the tones of your voice, don't you think?" She nodded, "yes." She took up the Master sword and began to place it back in its pedestal and leave it there for me to retrieve 100 years later.

*End of memory*

I held the sword and swung it around a few times to get a feel before slipping into the specially made sheath on my back. It felt so right, I couldn't get over it, just then the Deku Tree began to speak again. "What you just saw happened where you stand 100 years ago... After you were separated from the sword, the princess thought to bring it here where she knew it would be safe under my watch. She continues to fight, trapped deep within the confines in Hyrule Castle. Her heart cascades with faith that you will return. She has a smile like the sun...I would do much to feel its warmth upon me once again." I nodded, understanding as my next destination is already Hyrule Castle which I could tell wasn't going to be an easy fight to even get in. "That blade has a name.....It is the Master Sword. When used against Calamity Ganon or those tainted by his Malice, it will become suffused with holy light... At such times, the true power of the sword will manifest...but be warned. Do not rely too much on its power." He told me.

"If you wield it without need, its power will be exhausted and it will no longer be of use to you... Should this happen, you must wait for the sword to recover. It was your partner a century ago... Use it with care... And wield it bravely for the one who waits for you...." He explained, as I nodded and teleported to shrine nearest Hyrule Castle ready to clash with Ganon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.5K 26
𝑖'𝑑 𝑛𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑓𝑗𝑒. - copyright 2022 @moriohradio all rights reserved
157K 6.5K 24
Write your own fate in the stars, I will be here to pick you up should you fall while finishing your story, and if al...
30K 622 33
When you were but a young child, you traveled to Rito Village with your mother and while you were there for a small break, you meet a small, dark (na...
332 0 15
Hi! I'm Natalia and welcome to my new story. I will update this every time I have an idea. This is a story for my Breath Of The Wild dr, so i don't a...