Avenues of the Diamond (Unive...

By 4reuminct

UNIVERSITY SERIES #4. Samantha Vera from Ateneo De Manila University, the epitome of kindness, empathy, grace... More

PROLOGUE
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
EPILOGUE
Author's Note

18

3M 87.9K 212K
By 4reuminct

"Next time, Ate, let's try baking! I'm craving brownies!" 

I looked at Naomi, who was already skipping through the stairs like an excited kid holding her camera. She said she would edit the photos first before sending them to me so I won't judge the raw ones. I said I wouldn't do that, but she still insisted so that she could practice too. 

"Do you want to go to some photography workshops? I can get you slots," I told her. Some orgs in Ateneo liked holding workshops for photography, and I knew a lot of people who could help her. She looked very much determined to learn more about it. 

"Really?" she asked as her eyes lit up. She was finally accepting my help. She used to reject everything I offered back then. It was a sign that she was already accepting me and my clean intentions. 

"Of course. I'll see what I can do. I'll text you kaagad," I told her, smiling a little. "The next time I come here, I'll bring baking ingredients! Or you can come to my house?" 

"Kuya Clyden is scaring me." She scowled and rolled her eyes. She even hugged herself and acted like she was shivering, which made me laugh. 

"No, he's not that... grumpy," I tried to defend my boyfriend but he was really scary in first glance. Maybe because he had this intimidating aura around him wherever he went. The glasses were already one thing but his overall look screamed intelligence. Sa isang tingin mo pa lang sa kanya, alam mo nang marami siyang alam. Parang nakakatakot magkamali sa harapan niya. 

But in all fairness, Clyden wasn't like that. He was very patient with me, kahit ganito ako. Kahit ganito pa ako mag-isip, kahit minsan hindi kami nagkakasundo. He would sometimes look pissed, but he was always willing to educate me on things I was unaware of. I loved that about him. 

"Mom is already here," I said as I looked outside the window. Naomi suddenly went quiet. Fear and nervousness were both evident in her eyes. My lips parted as I realized her attitude toward my mother. "Go upstairs na." 

"I will." She nodded and gave me a small smile before running upstairs to avoid seeing my mom. Mom was like a monster she couldn't face. Was Mom that cruel to her? 

My mom entered the house looking angry while talking to someone on the phone. I heard her shouting to clean something or else she will come for the person's family. My brows furrowed as I watched her get inside the mansion, holding her paper bags. She threw them over the couch and ignored me. Or maybe she didn't see me at all beside the staircase. 

"You will pay for that amount! How could you lose it?! You have until tomorrow to bring it back, or else you're out. You hear me?!" My mom continued yelling. When she finally ended the call, she frustratingly held her head before looking at my side, parting her lips. "Maureen! You're still here!" 

She looked like she was caught doing something I shouldn't see. I still gave her a fake smile before showing her my car keys. "I'm on my way out. Who were you talking to?"

"It's just an employee of mine. Take care on your way back, dear." The anger in her face suddenly vanished, replacing it with warmth. I almost got fooled. 

She was that good of an actress. She could easily cover her original emotions. That was the reason why I found her a little scary. You wouldn't really know what she was thinking because, most of the time, the look on her face would not reflect the thoughts running inside her mind. 

"I will." I didn't know what to say anymore. I was about to go out the door when I thought of something I could ask. "What are you up to these days, Mom?" 

My question did not even surprise her. She looked like she was expecting me to ask that, or she just already knew what her answer would be. She was very much prepared to answer everything thrown at her like a professional actress in an interview. That was one of her skills. 

"Helping your dad, going out to meet some of my friends, attending social gatherings. Nothing much I can say. How about you, dear? What are you up to these days? Is everything okay between you and Clyden?" she asked me back, smiling. 

"Yes, we are okay," I answered. She just nodded and asked the helper to get her some tea. That was my cue to leave. I knew she would just find a way to dodge the next questions, so I just left. 

Or maybe I was just scared of the answer. 

I shook my head and calmed myself down while driving back to the house. Lumulubog na ang araw kaya padilim na nang padilim habang pauwi ako. It was already five P.M. when I arrived home. I was surprised to see another car parked outside the house. It was unfamiliar to me. I had never seen it before, so it was probably not from Clyden's family or my family. 

"I'm home!" I yelled in the house just in case Clyden was upstairs. The dogs ran to me, so I gave them a pat on their heads as I hugged them one by one. "My good girls and one good boy! How are you? Did you miss me?" 

"Hello, Sam!" I suddenly stood up when I heard an unfamiliar voice. My head automatically turned to the right side, only to see Clyden's friend drinking water from the glass. "Ridgen! Nagkita na tayo last time!" 

"Y-yes, of course! Hi! I'm so sorry for looking like this. Haggard from driving!" I laughed to hide my embarrassment. I did not look so presentable. "Where's Clyden?" 

"I'm sorry I forgot to inform you. He just barged in here." I heard Clyden's voice behind me, so I turned around. My lips automatically formed a smile upon seeing him. He also smiled at me and encircled his hands on my waist. "How was your day?" 

"Jusko naman," Ridge suddenly whispered, coughing a little. Mukhang nasamid sa iniinom niyang tubig. 

"Ano? Kuhanin mo gamit mo sa taas. Sa sofa tayo mag-aaral." Clyden's voice suddenly changed when he turned to Ridge. 

"Sabihin mo lang kung gusto mo 'kong paalisin kasi 'yon 'yong nararamdaman ko, eh." Ridge dramatically held his chest and closed his eyes in pain. 

"Talaga," Clyden answered, rolling his eyes. 

"Sam, oh," pagsusumbong ni Ridge sabay iling. When Clyden raised a brow, Ridge immediately went upstairs to get his things like what Clyden told him. He was even murmuring hateful things about his friend's attitude. 

I laughed and waited for Ridge to be gone before wrapping my arms around Clyden's neck. Sinandal niya 'ko sa breakfast table at hinigpitan ang hawak sa baywang ko. He was staring at me for so long, but the only thing I could think of was his manly scent. He smelled like he just showered, which made him look sexier. 

"He just barged in here, asking for help. May exams kami sa Monday, 'di ba?" He was explaining it to me, probably because we told each other back then that we wouldn't let visitors in the house without informing the other first. "Hindi niya naintindihan 'yong lesson last time." 

"Hey, it's okay. Your friends are my friends," I said, smelling him a bit. 

"I can't say the same to you, or else I'd be friends with everyone in Manila," he whispered, getting closer to me. When he noticed that I was wearing makeup, his brows furrowed. "Hindi ka naka-make-up kanina." 

"Oh, you noticed." It amazed me how he could notice even the smallest detail about me. "Naomi and I had a bonding earlier. She did my makeup, and we did a small photoshoot to test her new camera. 'Yong gift ko." 

He was staring at me, waiting for me to say more, so I did. He was just listening to me intently while I was telling him about how good it felt to finally exist in the same room as Naomi without her dismissing me. A small smile was plastered on his face while listening to me. 

We suddenly heard a cough, so I moved my hands away from his neck. He looked at Ridge and pursed his lips, trying to contain the irritation inside him. I smiled at his friend before pushing Clyden away from me so I could shower and they could finally start studying. Clyden looked like he didn't want me to leave him alone, but I should. 

I took a shower and went down wearing my satin purple night dress. I checked if the helpers were already preparing dinner. Nang madaanan ko sila Clyden, pareho silang napatingin sa 'kin but Ridge immediately looked away when Clyden suddenly hit him with the book he was holding. 

The helpers were already preparing dinner so bumalik na lang ako sa living room at umupo sa kabilang sofa to watch them study. Clyden got a little distracted when I sat down near them, but he still continued explaining something to Ridge. He showed him something in his laptop before reaching out for my hand. Inabot ko naman sa kanya 'yon at hinatak niya 'ko papunta sa sahig where they were seated. 

I sat on the floor, in between his legs, because it was where he wanted me to be. He wrapped his other arm around my waist as I leaned my back against his chest. I could feel his chest vibrating when he talked. Ridge scowled when he looked at us, shaking his head. 

"Gagong 'to, halatang gusto na 'ko paalisin," Ridge whispered while writing something. 

"Buti alam mo," Clyden answered back before kissing the top of my head just to piss off his friend more. He smirked at him and kissed my cheek this time. 

"Puta naman," reklamo ni Ridge. "Landi mo talagang hayop ka. Naalala ko dati ganyan ka rin noong nasa condo tayo nila-" He suddenly stopped talking when he realized something. I saw how his eyes panicked, turning his attention back to the paper. 

"Nila?" I asked, looking at him. I felt Clyden's heavy sigh behind me, his hand forming a fist. "You said you never dated anyone?" I looked back at him. 

"Hindi nga," Clyden defended himself. "Ano, Ridge?" He raised a brow. 

"Nilaga!" palusot niya pero sumingkit lang ang mga mata ko. I was not buying it. "Hindi, Sam, kasi, ano..." 

Ridge was trying to find the right words to say. I wasn't even looking mad. I just wanted to know what he was about to say. I was curious. Ano 'yon? He should tell me more about it. Clyden would never tell me about those things. I barely knew anything from when he was in college. 

"Dati kasi, sinama ko siya sa party ng date ko tapos noong medyo nalasing siya, naging malandi siya roon sa isang babae sa party! College pa 'yon! Hindi pa kayo engaged noon, 'di ba?" paninigurado pa ni Ridge. 

"What? So that girl was one of the girls you kissed during college?" I looked back at Clyden, who was looking guilty. 

"Oo, pero hindi naman importante 'yon. Ridgen, tangina, umalis ka na nga." Clyden looked so pissed. I stood up and sat on the sofa again, imagining how he flirted with that woman back then. I wondered what he looked like during college. Did he have the same aura? Or was he cool? Everyone would change during college. 

Bumalik pa rin ang iniisip kong humahalik siya ng ibang babae kaya nainis ulit ako. I knew it wasn't his fault and that I was probably doing the same thing back then, but it was pissing me off. I knew it was also unreasonable, so I just refused to talk. Just forget it! It wasn't even a big deal. 

"What's the name of the girl?" I asked Ridge, but he automatically looked at Clyden for help. 

"Hindi nga importante 'yon," he said without looking at me. He was busy reading the book. I bit my lower lip and nodded before crossing my arms over my chest. Napatingin siya sa 'kin nang padabog akong sumandal sa sofa. "Samantha." 

"Clyden," I called his name too. 

"Bakit ba gusto mo pang malaman?" Kumunot ang noo niya at binaba ang librong hawak niya. "Hindi ka ba makakatulog sa gabi kapag hindi mo nalaman 'yong pangalan?" 

"Why? It's just a name. Why are you refusing to answer?" I asked back. If it wasn't a big deal, then why can't he just answer the question? I was just going to check if I knew the woman. I won't even do anything! Curious lang! 

"Bakit tinatanong pa?" Clyden sighed heavily before reading again. 

"Wala! Curiosity! Bakit hindi masagot?" I fired back. 

"Come on... Para namang highschool tayo rito, eh. Sinabi nang hindi importante kaya huwag mo nang isipin. It was all in the past." 

Ridgen was looking at us, changing sides. Kung sino ang nagsasalita, roon siya nakatingin. He smiled awkwardly when our eyes met, and then he immediately collected his books to put them inside his bag. 

"Siguro rito na ako dapat um-exit," Ridge awkwardly said. 

"Aren't you going to stay for dinner?" I asked in a soft voice, still giving him an apologetic smile. He didn't have to see us arguing. I felt bad for him. It was probably so awkward. "You should stay for dinner." 

"Umuwi ka na," Clyden said the opposite. 

"Tama, Sam! Uuwi na 'ko! Salamat!" Ridge looked a little nervous while putting on the strap of his bag on his shoulder. He gave me a smile before mouthing something to Clyden. Clyden nodded and stood up to see him out. 

I rolled my eyes and sat on the dining table to start eating. Hindi ko na hinintay si Clyden. When he sat in front of me, I already finished eating, so I stood up, holding my plate. He watched me walk away before shaking his head and moving his chair closer to the table in a manner that created a loud sound. 

I went upstairs, and instead of sleeping in the master bedroom, I decided to sleep in my own room. I went inside the bathroom first to brush my teeth and do my skincare, but when I opened the door, Clyden was already waiting outside. Our eyes met for a moment before I looked away and opened the door of my bedroom. 

"Saan ka pupunta?" he suddenly asked in a low voice. 

"Matutulog," I said without looking at him. 

"Diyan ka matutulog?" 

I nodded before closing the door. I turned the lights off and turned my lampshade on before going to bed. I couldn't sleep, so I just scrolled through my phone and also searched for some baking ingredients for Naomi. Tomorrow would be Sunday, so it should be Clyden and I's date day, but since he was acting up, I decided to just go to the mansion tomorrow.

Unless magkaayos kami tonight. The fight was not even a big deal, but he was making it bigger, and it pissed me off. All I wanted was a name, but he went overboard with it, making me think that maybe he was hiding something. 

"Oh," I whispered when I saw Hiro's Instagram post. It was a photo of his older brother, Haze, who was about three or four years older than him. I wasn't sure. The caption was 'Happy birthday, bro,' so I also typed a comment to greet him with a happy birthday. I already had a few interactions with him during gatherings, and I was pretty sure he knew me. 

I scrolled again and checked Clyden's account on Instagram. He was still in private and hindi pa rin namin fina-follow ang isa't isa. He was not even following me since walang 'follow back' na option. This guy! 

I turned my phone off when I heard a knock. Humiga kaagad ako sa kama at nagtalukbong ng comforter para magkunwaring natutulog. I heard footsteps which made me nervous. Naramdaman ko ang bigat ni Clyden sa kama nang umupo siya roon. 

"Hindi mo ba 'ko tatabihan?" he asked in a soft voice. 

I remained silent but my heartbeat was so loud. I still pretended that I was sleeping so he could finally leave my room. Pigil na pigil ko ang paggalaw ko dahil baka makahalata siya. 

"Sam, alam kong gising ka. Kitang-kita kong nagtalukbong ka pagkapasok ko." Clyden sighed heavily. 

I rolled my eyes and took the comforter off before standing up to fix my bed. Kinuha ko ang phone ko at dumeretso ako palabas ng kwarto para pumunta sa master bedroom. He followed me from behind and tried so hard to keep up with my fast-paced walking but failed. Humiga ako sa side ko at nagtalukbong na ulit ng comforter. 

He sighed heavily again before pulling the comforter so he could cover his body too. Naramdaman ko ang paghiga niya at paglapit sa side ko so I moved away from him until I was already on the edge of the bed. Kapag umurong pa ako ay mahuhulog na 'ko sa sahig. 

"Alessandra, Leanne, Eva," he said, touching my shoulder so I would face him. I refused to do so. "The names of the women I kissed back in college. It's nothing serious. I'm sorry. Please talk to me." 

I suddenly felt bad for him for apologizing, but then I realized something. "Eva?" I took the comforter off and sat on the bed so I could look at him with my brows furrowed. "Your friend? You kissed her?" 

"First year, I think. I already forgot about it. Was it a dare?" He looked up, trying to remember what happened. "Ah, basta. Ganoon. Freshman year was my dumbest year." 

"Ew, you kiss friends." I rolled my eyes, trying to stop sounding jealous. He was friends with her! She was probably his first kiss or whatever! And she liked him. Of course, she liked him. I saw it in her eyes. 

"Galit ka pa ba?" he asked, ignoring my rude remark. He looked so hopeful that I would say no, but I refused to answer. I pouted and just looked away from him. 

He sighed heavily and massaged the bridge of his nose for a bit to calm himself and probably to convince himself to be more patient. He looked at me and reached for my hand so he could intertwine it with his. I looked down at it and stared at our rings. God, engaged na kami! I shouldn't even be jealous! 

"Ikaw lang ang papakasalan ko," he suddenly told me. 

Gulat akong napatingin sa kanya. He smoothly touched the ring on my finger while staring at me. He leaned closer and caressed my cheek before giving me a soft kiss. I parted my lips to welcome him like I didn't get mad earlier. 

I thought it was just a simple kiss, but he suddenly moved his lips and bit my lower lip, tugging on it a little before pushing his tongue inside my mouth. Unti-unti na 'kong napahiga habang nasa taas ko siya. I held the hem of his shirt while he kissed me and explored my mouth. I closed my eyes when his kisses went down to my neck. 

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," I answered back. 

"Don't say 'too.' It's like you're just saying it for the sake of replying." He looked at me and kissed the tip of my nose. 

"I love you," I corrected, panting a little.

The side of his lips rose before pushing the hem of my night dress up, revealing my shorts and my stomach. He started kissing my neck again, and I craned it to give him more access. I let out a moan when he suddenly grabbed my mound through my bra. 

He bit the sensitive skin on my neck while his thumb was making small circles on my nipple, refusing to take my bra off. I bit my lower lip and closed my eyes. He massaged them alternately, pleasuring me. 

"Yes, I know what to do with them," he whispered in my ear before letting out a small sexy laugh. 

"Tomorrow is date day," I reminded him, opening my eyes.

"I know, love." 

He kissed my nose before pulling my bra down to my stomach. I looked at him with wide eyes when he went down and licked my left mound while massaging the other one. I grabbed a handful of his hair while he was doing it alternately. He kissed, sucked, and licked on it until I was moaning. 

When his kisses went up to my lips again, my hand traveled down to his crotch. "Whoa, okay, that's enough." He moved away from me and sat down on the side of the bed. 

I scowled and glared at him. He was hard as steel, but he refused to let me touch him! He awkwardly looked away and turned the lights off so we could finally sleep. Nagreklamo ako pero tinakpan niya lang ang bibig ko at sinabihan akong matulog na. 

"But you were hard-"

"Tulog na," he cut me off again. 

Sumimangot ako at humiga na lang para matulog since I also needed beauty rest for our date tomorrow. He hugged me from the back and pulled me closer to him. He played with my hair until I already fell asleep. 

I woke up early pero mas maaga pa ring nagising si Clyden. Pagkatapos kong maghilamos, nakita kong nakahanda na ang breakfast na niluto niya. We just took a bite because we were planning to take a run around the village with the dogs. Mamaya na ulit kami kakain pagbalik. 

"Wait for me!" I yelled at him when he was already getting far, holding the leash of Hail and Maple. I was the one holding Summer. He stopped running and waited for me, wiping his sweat a little. 

"Hurry up, or I will cool down!" he yelled back. 

Tumakbo ulit ako kaya tumakbo si Summer kasama ako. Among the three, she was the calmest and the most patient, so Clyden gave her to me. I stopped in front of Clyden, and he suddenly wiped the sweat on my face using his other towel. I felt like he brought it specifically for me. 

Kinuha pa niya ang bottle at pinainom ako ng tubig, as if I couldn't do it myself. "Thanks," I said before I started running again. This time, he slowed himself down so we could run together. 

When we arrived home, we ate breakfast before taking a shower. 

"Sabay na tayo," he even suggested, earning a smack. I was sweaty and disgusting. I didn't want him to see me like that! 

I showered and brushed my teeth before going back to my room to do a simple makeup. We were planning to buy groceries. We couldn't go far since may exams pa siya tomorrow, so kailangan naming umuwi nang maaga. Grocery shopping was already enough for me, as long as I was with him. 

"You don't like cucumbers?" I repeated what he had just said while we were going around the grocery store. He was the one pushing the cart, following me wherever I went. "How about tomatoes? You eat tomatoes, right?" 

"Yes," he answered back. "Aren't you looking for baking ingredients? Dito 'yon." 

I followed him through the other section. I followed the ingredients on my list and he helped me find some of them. Pati mga equipment na kailangan ko, nilagay niya rin sa cart. Since our house was new, hindi pa nga complete ang kitchen equipment, especially for baking since hindi naman kami nagbe-bake masyado. 

"Bumili ka pa ng marami nito. Magbe-bake din ako." The side of his lips rose after saying that like he was proud of himself. 

"Are you serious? Kina-career mo na ang pagluluto mo, ah," I said, adding more flour to our cart. 

"Anything to serve my wife." His hand went around my waist before kissing my cheek. My face heated up as I looked around to check if anyone saw us. That was PDA! He was making me blush! 

I bought some alcoholic drinks to store inside the house just in case I needed them. He bought more energy drinks and coffee before we finished shopping. I was about to pay for it, but he already gave the woman his card. Masama ko siyang tiningnan at naglabas ng cash sa wallet ko para ibigay sa kanya. 

"Half-half," I told him. Good thing he didn't argue anymore and just accepted my money. It was just reasonable to do so. They weren't just his food! They were mine, too! 

After putting the grocery bags in the car, umikot na 'ko at sumakay sa shotgun seat. I suddenly remembered his Instagram account, so I waited for him to get inside the car before showing him his account on my phone. 

"Ano?" he asked while putting on his seatbelt. 

"You're not following me," I told him. 

"I was following you back then." He rolled his eyes a bit. "But I unfollowed." 

"What?" Kumunot ang noo ko. "Why?!" 

He stared at me for a moment before shaking his head a little. He started the engine and turned the aircon on. I thought he would drive away, but he reached for his phone and searched for my username too. 

"Nairita ako sa Instagram story mo kasama 'yong Sevi mo," he answered while scrolling through his phone. 

"What?" Mas lalong nagsalubong ang kilay ko. "So you used to check my Instagram story, huh? Pasalamat ka hindi ako nagtse-check ng nagbu-view!" 

A notification popped up on my Instagram, so I checked it. I smiled when I saw his username. Finollow na niya 'ko sa Instagram. 

"Twelve posts. What are you posting?" I asked him, but he just shrugged. "Let me see! Accept my follow request!" 

He sighed and opened his phone again to accept my follow request, which made me excited. He handed me his phone so I could put it inside my bag before he drove away. I checked his Instagram profile and scrolled through his feed. 

There were photos of him on their campus, photos with his friends, his graduation pictures, and some pictures in other countries... but what caught my attention was his recent post. There were three of them, and all of them were me. 

The first one was the picture frame in my room. The one that was taken during his graduation party. The second was a picture of me playing with the dogs, smiling. Both didn't have a caption, except for the most recent one. 

The most recent photo was the one he posted earlier. It was a photo of my back with half of my body covered with the comforter. I was probably sleeping. My hair was beautifully arranged on the pillow as if he had combed it with his fingers. 

c.jaile: Wife. 

"Wife?" I asked him. "We're not married yet."

He glanced at me for a moment before bringing his attention back to the road. He reached for my hand and gave it a soft kiss.

"We will be."

I bit my lower lip to stop myself from smiling. "So we're not breaking the engagement anymore?" I asked in a hopeful voice.

"We're not breaking the engagement," he answered. "Whatever happens. I promise you that."  

________________________________________________________________________________

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118M 2.7M 34
University Series #2 Hiro, a student pilot from DLSU, was very clear with his number one goal in life. It was to study in the best flying school in F...
1.8M 54.2K 34
Broke and unemployed Jade Chimera hits the jackpot when she finds out her dead uncle left his mansion to her. One problem: her uncle's stepson, Kenji...
3.4M 94.2K 63
[PROFESSOR SERIES I] Khione Amora Avila is a transferee student at Wesbech University who aimed to have a fresh start. She only had one goal in life...
45.2M 1.7M 47
PUBLISHED UNDER LIB Note: If you're not into flawed characters who make wrong decisions, don't read this. Save yourself from stress. Started: 09/09/2...