Concealment - Tiger's Eye Boo...

By ShellMarie35

In a world where history is nonexistent, Lily Carter goes on a quest to learn the truth. She asks dangerous q... More

Concealment
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Nightly Nightmares
Chapter 2 - Daily Dream Goes On
Chapter 3 - Blocked Address
Chapter 4 - Pair of Carters
Chapter 5 - Dream Goes On
Chapter 6 - Death Strikes One
Chapter 7 - The Dream, He's Living It. He's a Soul Mate
Chapter 8 - Loveable Joke
Chapter 9 - Human-Like
Chapter 10 - Partying
Chapter 11 - New World Bound
Chapter 12 - Family of Tigmas
Chapter 13 - The Human World
Chapter 14 - Who Is Rolla Carter?
Chapter 15 - Hundreds Of Worlds Like This
Cheat Guides to the Tiger's Eye Series
Chapter 16 - Getting Them Off Our Scent
Chapter 17 - Two Sets of Samoultes
Chapter 18 - Group of Secrets
Chapter 19 - First Tigma Spell
Chapter 20 - Murera History: Lesson 1
Chapter 22 - In Memory of Seth
Chapter 23 - Time to Practice Some Magic
Chapter 24 - Friendship Fading
Chapter 25 - House Warming Catastrophe
Chapter 26 - Double Lives Begin
Chapter 27 - The History of The Tigmas
Chapter 28 - Sheriff's Journals
Chapter 29: The Secret Is Out
Chapter 30 - Topanga and Sam Return
Chapter 31 - We Are Your Family
Chapter 32 - Freedom Unites with Different Races
Chapter 33 - Training Session Number One
Chapter 34 - Samoulte Circle
Chapter 35 - Kalinda Appears
Chapter 36 - Understanding the Black Tiger
Chapter 37 - Other Races Appear
Chapter 38 - Merged Training Sessions Number One
Chapter 39 - The War is Here
Chapter 40 - Engagement Announcement
Chapter 41 - We Deserve to Live Freely
Chapter 42 - New Bond
Chapter 43 - Humans in Murera
Chapter 44 - Graduation Has Come
Chapter 45 - Rebels
Chapter 46 - Funeral Arrangements
Chapter 47 - Wedding Approaching
Chapter 48 - Wedding of the Ages
Chapter 49 - You Are My Family
Chapter 50 - Epilogue

Chapter 21 - Moving In

20 4 0
By ShellMarie35

Chapter 21 - Moving In

“Do I need all of this stuff?” Carter asked.

I laughed, “Your house will look so cool!”

“What about these clothes? Why so many?”

“Okay so not all of it is a necessity, but come on?! How awesome is all this stuff?”

He laughed and held my hand, “I need to find a guy to help me buy stuff for this house.”

“No!” I laughed more, “Your aunt will love the house.”

“True,” he let go of my hand to put it around my shoulders, “and I love you so I think I can handle buying a few extra decorations for my house.”

“Yay!”

“Did your mom ask about us again?” Carter changed the subject.

“Yes, she always does. She’ll probably ask us both tonight since you’re staying over. You are still staying over right?”

“Yeah, you can help bring some of this stuff back to my house and I can pack a bag of clothes before going back to your house. What does she want to know?”

“When we’re getting married because Murera tradition states that people get married within a year or two of meeting each other so she expects you’ll propose soon. Down here, we know we’re meant to be together immediately, except they don’t know it’s about soul mates. They know they love each other and they want to be together. Once they know that they’ll propose and get married in a year or two. Mom figures we’ve already known each other a little while so we should be getting prepared.”

“That’s good to know.”

“How does marriage work in the human world?”

“It takes longer, that’s for sure. Usually people date for a few years, sometimes they break up, and sometimes they get married. If they do get married there’s no guarantee it will last because most marriages end in divorce. The wedding planning itself can take a couple years depending on the couple’s preference.”

I shook my head, “That’s crazy.”

“We should probably follow Murera’s rules though because they will get suspicious if we don’t.”

“Yeah we should,” I agreed, “and be prepared for all the questions my mom is going to throw at you.”

“You can help me practice. I talked to my aunt and uncle about it too. I have to tell your mom enough so she feels like she knows me, but I can’t lead on that I’m from a different world.”

“Exactly, and we can talk to Brittany and Mike if we need to.”

“What do they remember?” he asked. “After we did that spell?”

“The only thing they forgot was your house. I’m not sure how that spell managed to work or how the one Rolla did works, but they remember you’re not from this world.”

“I told her about Brittany and Mike so maybe she left them out of the spell.”

“Maybe,” I replied, “because that would be good. I would feel terrible if their memories kept getting erased because I know Brittany would hate it. Brittany wants to know what’s going on and I don’t feel comfortable keeping secrets from her.”

“I’m sure Rolla knows that.”

“You’re right, and I talked to Rolla a lot the other day. She understands the loneliness and wanting to have friends to trust. She had the chosen ones and she told them everything. They became her family probably more than her biological family because she spent so much time with them.”

“It would be cool to have a group like that wouldn’t it?” Carter asked. “I’ve never had a group of friends like that, but they were family. Pilote talked to me about them too. It would be great to have people like that. Most of my family is gone. It makes sense that my family is small though after hearing my mom’s related to their friend Seth. Seth died in the war and immediately made the next generations of our family smaller.”

“My family is small too,” I told him, “and apparently living forever runs in mine.”

“What happened to your family?”

“My dad died when I was younger. Not too long ago I guess, but I’ve just been told he got sick. I don’t know how it happened because it usually doesn’t happen here, but he did. He was older than my mom, but not too old if you think about it. The details are a mystery.”

“I didn’t think Tigmas could get sick like we do.”

“They can’t,” I said. “I’ve learned that much from all the books I’ve been reading and what Rolla has told me so far. It makes my dad’s death even more mysterious. Maybe something happened to him. Maybe he found out too much or he came across something he shouldn’t have. I don’t think he would just get sick and die because he wasn’t human. He was a Tigma.”

“Try asking Rolla.”

“Yeah,” I sighed.

“What is it?”

“She’s the queen, Carter.”

“Yeah?”

“If anything she already knows what happened to him because she knows about everything that goes on here.”

“Are you saying she had something to do with it?”

“Why wouldn’t she?” I asked back. “Think about it, her and Pilote were determined to keep this world a secret for our own safety. What would they do if somebody accidentally came across the chosen ones’ house or the palace? Is it possible for a Tigma that’s not a Samoulte to go in there?”

“I didn’t think of that. Wow. That’s a good question, a great question indeed.”

“I don’t think I know Rolla well enough yet to know if she would do it. She doesn’t seem like a killer, but she does seem like a great queen. I know her well enough to know she would do anything for her people.”

“Maybe it was an accident,” he replied, “Maybe she thought he was somebody else, like the enemy, and cast a spell on him before figuring out who he was.”

“I should stop thinking about this,” I suggested, “We can talk to her another day. It’s not important right now.”

“Why don’t you concentrate on decorating my house with me? Stop thinking about the mysteries of your world.”

“Good idea, let’s unpack.”

In one afternoon we managed to buy all the necessities Carter needs for his house. Pilote and Rolla snuck in the appliances for us to help. Carter took his clothes up to his room and I unpacked the decorations for the living room and dining room. It is sad that they have to leave a lot of their things behind, but there’s no way they could bring it here. They can’t even bring the old journals and books because of the risk of someone walking in here and seeing them. I hope they know what they are giving up by coming here. I took a few minutes to hang up pictures and put the dishes away before bringing up the bags of things to go in Carter’s room. 

“Unpack your clothes?”

He nodded, “All finished. These for my room?”

I handed him the bag, “All for your room. Are we buying things for your aunt and uncle too?”

“I sent them a few pictures when we were shopping. They said they would let me know which things they wanted.”

“You bought them a phone down here?”

“I did,” he nodded, “I stopped there and got the three of us a phone plan.”

“You’ve been busy,” I smiled.

He smiled, “I just want to get it right.”

“You are,” I told him, “and everything is working out.”

He put his hands on my hips, “Yes it is.”

I leaned up and kissed him, “You have no idea how thankful I am that you decided to move down here. You’re sacrificing your old life for mine.”

“I am simply giving up a life that isn’t mine for a life that IS mine. I belong with the Tigmas and I belong with you. My family simply got stuck in the human world.”

I smiled, “But still, thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” he smiled back. “Should we get going to your house?”

I nodded, “Probably.”

He picked up his duffle bag, “Anywhere we need to stop before we get there?”

“I don’t think so.”

My mom walked into the house just before we got there and she was ready with questions to ask just like I suspected. I don’t blame her though. I’ve never been good at telling her everything that’s going on in my life. She doesn’t know a lot about him. I can’t say it wasn’t on purpose though. Therefore, she insisted we all eat dinner together in the living room even though we’re already having dinner together on Friday.

“How do you like this side of town?” 

Carter nodded and smiled politely, “I like it, it’s great.”

“What made you decide moving was the best option?”

“Mom!”

“It’s okay,” Carter said, “I told my aunt and uncle about Lily and after meeting her they knew I’d want to be closer to her. We made the decision to move so I could be closer to her.”

“That’s very nice of them. What do they do?”

Oh no. We didn’t talk about this. Did he figure something out with Rolla? Oh crap, I hope so. 

Carter cleared his throat, making me nervous, then replied, “They’re writers. They’re excited about moving to this side of town because they’ve only ever seen the other side. It’ll give them new sights and things to write about.”

Oh good, he did think about it. 

“It seems like it’s all worked itself out then.”

“It has,” he nodded, “I’m really excited.”

“When do you start school?”

“Tomorrow, Lily told me she could show me around.”

“That’s good.”

“Can we go now mom?” I interrupted.  “Carter and I are meeting with Brittany and Mike tonight for a little while.”

She smiled, “Okay, I’m finished. Go ahead.”

“Thank you!” I hugged her quickly, “We’ll be back later.”

“Not too late!”

“I know!”

I took Carter’s hand and pulled him out of the house. Okay, so we’re not meeting Brittany and Mike, but we did promise Rolla we would take her up to see Carter’s aunt and uncle. We were busy with shopping and moving Carter in earlier so tonight is the only time. We met Rolla and Pilote in the meeting room above the chosen ones’ house. 

“We’ll follow,” Pilote told us, “but remember to run fast.”

Carter gripped my hand tighter, “Ready?”

“Yeah,” I smiled, “I’m ready.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553 82 21
A girl tries to find herself whilst trying to save the ones she loves.
5.7K 291 52
Rolla Carter's life comes crashing down and she goes on a journey of self-discovery to find her real family and figure out where she belongs. Finding...
658 18 20
This story talks about a mysterious world who appeared out of nowhere and no one knows about it. Now a group of friends are dragged into it, without...
113 15 11
Scarlet lost her family and has been on her own for a while. What she didn't know might save her and her real family. Will everything around her go d...